Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) (25459 Views)

Poll: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ?

Condom: 87% (29 votes)
Postinor 2: 12% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, See The Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 (drug For Prevention Of Pregnancy) / Should I Take Postinor 2 Everytime? / Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by sunboy(m): 9:39am On Mar 01, 2010
Doctors in the house advice on this please ,  which is the best between condoms or postinor 2?
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2010
condoms is better

postinor is for emergencies

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by beingme(f): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2010
i prefer condom to postinor 2
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by dominique(f): 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2010
postinor only prevents unwanted pregnancies. condoms prevents unwanted pregnancies, STIs and HIV/AIDS. condoms are far far better.

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by whiteroses(f): 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2010
this has got to be the most retarded question ever posted onn the web, condom versus postinor 2? HIV aids versus syphillis psscheww! how could you compare condom to anything, its a life saver man, if certain girl has been having sex actively for five years on postinor 2 i can guarantee she would have had AIDS by now

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by whiteroses(f): 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2010
michellin89 you be ode oh, why did they censor the word SSex into intimacy, kini big deal, naija people sha
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by Pittbaby(f): 6:08pm On Mar 01, 2010
Hmmm , later on you will wonder why you are having problems conceiving . Postinor 2 works by confusing your body by preventing ovulation it is mean't for emergency use . If you are taking it frequently for birth control know this

1. It is proven to be less effective than withdrawal method for birth control

http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/emergencycontraception.html

2. Only God knows how you are messing up your cycle, i dont even think the drug makers tested its long time effects on someone abusing the drug . It is simply not intended to be used that way.

If you are in a monogamous relatiionship where pregnancy is not the goal of intimacy please see an MD for proper birth control methods there are several cost effective ones.

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by sunboy(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2010
Thanks y’all , I purposely launched this topic for a friend to see for herself. She told me about her se.x life with her guy and that they have been running on drugs for the past 3 years since the guy dis-V her ...can you imagine that? I was telling her to stop the rubbish or else they'll have problem conceiving in the future, her excuse was that the guy would complain and get angry about it, I have never been a fan of the postinor thing, cos I think it’s a secret killer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by Pittbaby(f): 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2010
your friends case is one of "ignorance can kill the cat". there are regular birth control pills that are more effective and will be no more expensive than her Postinor popping habit.
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by dominique(f): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2010
whiteroses:

michellin89 you be ode oh, why did they censor the word SSex into intimacy, kini big deal, naija people sha

how did michelin89's name fit into the equation
how can you have been on nl this long and still not figured the word filters?
shame embarassed
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by sunboy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2010
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by beingme(f): 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
why would a lady be so silly to be playing with her health in the name of love and sex ?

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by Sissy3(f): 3:11am On Mar 10, 2010
sunboy:

Doctors in the house, is there any kind of test you guys can advice her to go and take, so she can be so sure that she's save for now.

is she using a postinor as a method of birth control?
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by peelovee(f): 11:13am On Mar 10, 2010
dominique:

postinor only prevents unwanted pregnancies. condoms prevents unwanted pregnancies, STIs and HIV/AIDS. condoms are far far better.

You are 100% correct.

My experience
I took postonor 2 within 24hrs of unprotected sex,  expecting to get 95% efficacy.
After 2 weeks there was nothing like mentral cycle, since it Curtail/prolong MC i was having the full assurance that my MC must surely come. After one month there was nothing like MC so i decided to go for PT, I was shocked when the  shocked Doctor confirmed that I was 4weeks pregnant shocked.

My friend took 4 tablets of postonor2 within 72hrs of unprotected sex,  expecting to get 95% efficacy as well.
She has not seen her MC for 2months and she is not pregnant.

grin Please avoid POSTONOR 2, GO 4 GOLD CYCLE grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by sevule(m): 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2010
Prostinor is emergency birth control or what is called morning after pill. IT IS NOT FOR FAMILY PLANNING!!!!!! the use of a condom as birth control is 90% safer than the use of postinor. It is only here in Naija that we abuse drugs like postinor without any thought for the repercussions.

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by postinor2: 5:58am On Jan 24, 2011
for those to shy to purchase postinor2 over the counter, you may purchase online with us via credit card, at postinor2(dot)webs(dot)com. Satisfaction guaranteed, smiley
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by shithapuns: 9:17am On Apr 01, 2011
na waoh!!.
that chic is damaged 4 life, taking postinor for 3yrs consecutively?,

chai, kpele, ur whole reproductive system is blown to bits.and there is risk of cancer too.

kai ssee wetin ignorance dey do

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by webgenius(m): 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2011
There is nothing like which is better,you have to understand the situation involved in the use of each of them to appreciate the benefit of each. Condoms is good if you have casual, regular intercourse. If you have occasional encounters with a regular whom you trust postinor may be just ok for you. And if you like, you can combine both of them, because condom fit tear while you dey inside. Bottom line- know yourself,what you want and be safe
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by poweredcom(m): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
Woman na wa, well postinor fit give man gonorrhea, condom best
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by MaiSuya(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
There's really no basis for the comparison, IMO. the two are effective in their own way.
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by Nekai(f): 12:20am On Apr 14, 2011
peelovee:

You are 100% correct.

My experience
I took postonor 2 within 24hrs of unprotected sex,  expecting to get 95% efficacy.
After 2 weeks there was nothing like mentral cycle, since it Curtail/prolong MC i was having the full assurance that my MC must surely come. After one month there was nothing like MC so i decided to go for PT, I was shocked when the  shocked Doctor confirmed that I was 4weeks pregnant shocked.

grin Please avoid POSTONOR 2, GO 4 GOLD CYCLE grin.

cool cool cool
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by nonnyp(f): 9:16am On Apr 14, 2011
Then wot do u guys as alternative 4 hubby dt hate using CD and withdrawal method as he think it reduces d fun.
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by shomatth(m): 10:56am On Apr 14, 2011
@all pls if someone use condom,is it posible for d girl to get pregnant.
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by 2tek: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
can u imagine using postinor2 for 3yrs.if after marriage nd she starts having fertility issues,she wl b running 4rm one church 2 another casting out demons nd blaming one old woman in her village/her mother in law.

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by 2ks(m): 2:03am On Sep 04, 2011
Condom:multiple protection,no or very minimal side effect.postinor 2:single protection with side effect.
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by EvilBrain1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
nonnyp:

Then wot do u guys as alternative 4 hubby dt hate using CD and withdrawal method as he think it reduces d fun.

Combined oral contraceptive pill, progesterone only pill (minipill), Depo-Provera injections, the intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD), progesterone skin implants, the female condom. Take your pick.
Condoms are better than all of these if you have multiple partners (even if not at the same time), or if your husband is randy.

shomatth:

@all pls if someone use condom,is it posible for d girl to get pregnant.

If you use it every single time and it doesn't burst, then your chances of getting pregnant are practically zero.

1 Like

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by shegosay: 10:05am On Sep 05, 2011

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by shegosay: 10:13am On Sep 05, 2011
After much persuasion ,she told us dat she had be using menstrogen.since that time we have spent money buying different kind things expecially local herbs stil yet no positive result.we bought a drug called parlodel which she use for about two months and she had stopd using ,since she could nt get positive result.So my advice is that no matter the pressure from ur guy please dnt evr think of taking any drugs 2 prevent pregnancy.
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by shegosay: 10:19am On Sep 05, 2011
Please what do you think she can do to solve these prob?Also i hope this is nt breast cancer sign, lasty will it affect her chances of becoming prgnt in the future?
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by davou4eva(m): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
None, and you will smell yourself grin
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by mirabeth: 8:55am On Jan 09, 2013
:Ppostinor2 doesn't cause barreness,but its no guarantee to be taken regularly its has other effects[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Condoms Or Postinor 2 ( advice n vote) by pryncemautin: 6:57am On Aug 06, 2014
Chai,see life o,all I see here is dat d guy is self centered and doesn't care about his partner and my sister all he wants from u is giving him natural s*x and endangering ur reproductive system by making u use postinor better wise up and I know he has promised u marriage dats why u keep doing it,how will he get married to someone dat her chances of giving birth is almost zero,HIS NEXT STEP IS TELLING U HE WANTS ANAL S*X DAT ITS THIGHTER FROM BEHIND.finish

Mods pls move this to front page so dat it would at least educate more ignorant girls

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! / Top 5 Dental Health Mistakes You Should Stop Now / Coronavirus: Quarantined Chinese In Lagos Airport Free Of Deadly Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.