Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto (2760 Views)

IPOB Breathes Fire: Our Members Have Orders To Attack Igbo Govs Abroad / President Buhari Fulfils His Promise To Igbo Traders In Aba (photos, Videos) / Don’t Come To Lagos, Igbo Traders Warn Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by Inspire01: 8:57am On Sep 17, 2017
Palpable fear gripped residents of Sokoto State as some youths, on Saturday , attacked Igbo traders in the state .
The incident , which visibly shook Igbo merchants on Bello Way and Emir Yahaya areas of Sokoto metropolis , forced other Igbo traders at nearby Sahara street to close down their shops and run for safety .
SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that armed youths , in their hundreds , set ablaze a building along Bello Way, where Igbo traders have shops .
One of the victims , identified as Chief Okafor , said , “My house was razed by some suspected arsonists .
“ I got a call from my wife that some youths had invaded my house and set it ablaze. My family narrowly escaped the attacks . ”
Another victim , William Emmanuel Usoh , told journalists that his Honda Civic car was torched by some unidentified youths along Emir Yahaya Road .
Usoh explained that the timely arrival of men of the Nigeria Civil Defence and Security Corps, however , prevented the youths from destroying more property in the area .
When contacted , the President- General of Igbo Community in Sokoto State , Charles Uwaga, confirmed the incident .
He said reports reaching him indicated that some of his members were attacked within the state capital.
“ A member just called me that his house was razed . There were also cases of vandalised shops ,” Uwaga said .
Reacting to the development , the state government urged all residents to go about their activities without fear of molestation .
The government stated that arrangements had been put in place to protect lives and property .
The spokesman for Governor Aminu Tambuwal, in a statement , said the unrest in other parts of the country , especially the South - East , would have no negative effect on residents of Sokoto .
He lauded the people of the state for being their brother ’s keeper and urged them to engage in acts that will promote unity and understanding at all times .

http://punchng.com/thugs-attack-igbo-traders-in-sokoto/
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by zionmde: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2017
Who else noticed the use of the word "thugs" instead of hausas. For those who dont know wat it means, it means no one would be held responsible for it. No one would be arrested, no one would be charged.
When the owners of Nigeria commits any crime, nobody blinks an eye. It happened in sokoto, and sokoto listens to the sultan more than buhari himself and they cant do this against the sultan's wish. Meaning the same teeth shining in the media, saying attack me instead of attacking the Igbos is hiding somewhere to say something else.

The owners of the country has done wat they wat to do we their servants (both yoruba Igbo and the whole south) have nothing to say. The difference between the servants down east and the ones in the west is that while one is revolting against oppression the other is very loyal and loves his position as a servant.
God help Igbos in the north
I rest my case

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by madridguy(m): 8:59am On Sep 17, 2017
WRONG MOVE. BURATAI SHOULD STATION SOME OF HIS BOYS THERE FOR SOME COBRA DANCE.

4 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by LionDeLeo: 8:59am On Sep 17, 2017
Igbos are not just terrorists, they are also liars.

4 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by generalbush(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Igbos are not just terrorists, they are also liars.

Yes we are!!! Deal with that!!

Only rebels get freedom!!

7 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2017
If true then I expect deployment of army to that area. The lives of all responsible citizens matters.
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by UduMgbo1: 9:13am On Sep 17, 2017
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
If true then I expect deployment of army to that area. The lives of all responsible citizens matters.
[/s]
now you're adding "if true" irrespective that it's coming from a known source but if na your nightmare (ipob) matter you won't just be jumping up and down like an over fed lizard doing your beer money work even though if the news is unverified grin
such a shameless act from an APDA yoot shiaman cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by zionmde: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
U sound hypocritic as usual. dont bother those of them they are attacking are not responsible citizens though and they dont matter. Last time i checked rivers state currently has over 300 corpers in sokoto.
Let me continue my whistling, i will know how they would differentiate between Igbo, Ibibio, Ikwerre, efik,Yoruba Christians etc

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2017
they are now thugs abi

6 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by letusbepieces: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2017
IS DIS THE INVESTMENT OUR IGBO POLITICAL ELITE ARE TRYING TO PROTECT.

INVESTMENT DEMOLISHED, RAZED WITH FIRE AND WHERE MANY PERISH IN ATTACKS?

Ooo, I WAS BORN INTO THE WRONG ETHNIC GROUP.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

8 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by Jj222(f): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2017
zionmde:
Who else noticed the use of the word "thugs" instead of hausas. For those who dont know wat it means, it means no one would be held responsible for it. No one would be arrested, no one would be charged.
When the owners of Nigeria commits any crime, nobody blinks an eye. It happened in sokoto, and sokoto listens to the sultan more than buhari himself and they cant do this against the sultan's wish. Meaning the same teeth shining in the media, saying attack me instead of attacking the Igbos is hiding somewhere to say something else.

The owners of the country has done wat they wat to do we their servants (both yoruba Igbo and the whole south) have nothing to say. The difference between the servants down east and the ones in the west is that while one is revolting against oppression the other is very loyal and loves his position as a servant.
I rest my case
I agree wit u a friend of mine a Muslim guy told me dat d sultan said dat in d media cos he is a leader dat I don't expect him to say they should go n fight in d media. that he just pretended .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by EmeeNaka: 9:24am On Sep 17, 2017
Military should be deployed to all the flashpoint areas in the North to forestall breakdown of laws and orders,enforce peace and maintain the national integrity.
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by letusbepieces: 9:27am On Sep 17, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Military should be deployed to all the flashpoint areas in the North to forestall breakdown of laws and orders,enforce peace and maintain the national integrity.

THIS IS ALL IN PREPARATION FOR OCT 1ST MASACRE.

Y ARE MY PEOPLE SO DULL?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by rayblast(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2017
madridguy:
WRONG MOVE. BURATAI SHOULD STATION SOME OF HIS BOYS THERE FOR SOME COBRA DANCE.
D boys r out already. God bless Nigerian Army
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by Yoshy: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2017
Foolish Igbos are looking up to Sultan for protection....I pity them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by madridguy(m): 9:31am On Sep 17, 2017
Good update.

rayblast:
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by ExInferis(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2017
zionmde:

I rest my case

I don't recall your governors holding the killers of Aba responsible either.

But then, a flat-head doesn't reason very well since the brain is warped.

9 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by zionmde: 9:36am On Sep 17, 2017
ExInferis:

I don't recall your governors holding the killers of Aba responsible either.

But then, a flat-head doesn't reason very well since the brain is warped.
hahahahaha yeah no one was held responsible and no one was killed in abia, no one was arrested in oyigbo. Are u happy now? Wat a good way to satisfy a zombie. I remember how i call my zombie dog billy billy billy and he follows me around

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by giles14(m): 9:40am On Sep 17, 2017
letusbepieces:
IS DIS THE INVESTMENT OUR IGBO POLITICAL ELITE ARE TRYING TO PROTECT.

INVESTMENT DEMOLISHED, RAZED WITH FIRE AND WHERE MANY PERISH IN ATTACKS?

Ooo, I WAS BORN INTO THE WRONG ETHNIC GROUP.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
and fucking wot who cares.

I AM PROUD TO BE NWAFOR IGBO.
A PROUD NWA ANAEDO.

NOT ipob

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by Sunglass20(f): 9:40am On Sep 17, 2017
rayblast:

Duniya sai Labari!
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by ExInferis(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2017
zionmde:

hahahahaha yeah no one was held responsible and no one was killed in abia, no one was arrested in oyigbo. Are u happy now? Wat a good way to satisfy a zombie. I remember how i call my zombie dog billy billy billy and he follows me around

I see Zion in your name.

Still wallowing in the grand delusion you vermin are jews, right?

Even after the real jews denied any genetic, anthropologic and religious affiliation with you flat-heads.

Lols no one wants you people.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by vedaxcool(m): 10:20am On Sep 17, 2017
We should send Python Dance to sokoto for needful enlightenment

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2017
What a country.!!!

We won't forget...we would never forget..

Mynd44, why can't this make front page...

What a forum!!

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by zionmde: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2017
ExInferis:

I see Zion in your name.

Still wallowing in the grand delusion you vermin are jews, right?

Even after the real jews denied any genetic, anthropologic and religious affiliation with you flat-heads.

Lols no one wants you people.
billy billy am a Christian and am not a jew. zombie o zombie, zombie allah loves them not knowing that mohammd said satan is black zombie, zombie thinks they are important in islam wen one arab slave was traded for 3 black slaves zombie. fela my man, u really knew ur people

6 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by morbeta(m): 10:23am On Sep 17, 2017
Nnamdi kanu..........are you happy now?
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by aolawale025: 10:24am On Sep 17, 2017
Thugs? Don't they have tribes

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by Stingman: 10:24am On Sep 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Even devil know you are very biased... Why do you hate Igbos?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2017
Stingman:

Even devil know you are very biased... Why do you hate Igbos?
You don't love Igbo more than I do
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by ExInferis(m): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2017
zionmde:

billy billy am a Christian and am not a jew. zombie o zombie, zombie allah loves them not knowing that mohammd said satan is black zombie, zombie thinks they are important in islam wen one arab slave was traded for 3 black slaves zombie. fela my man, u really knew ur people

Uh oh.

Now you're spouting gibberish.

Down boy.

It's not my fault god, in his infinite wisdom, made you igboe.

Seriously you've my sympathy. Can't be easy being so universally reviled.

But you should understand that our collective revulsion at the sight of vermin is a reflex action.

Our instinct is to recoil in horror when we see rats and roaches.

And then kill them.

Good luck out there, little igboe vermin. Hope you last longer than your forebears.
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by UduMgbo1: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You don't love Igbo more than I do
hahahahahahaha monetized loving and monetized hating
me too i love Buhari cheesy
pathetic loafers everywhere grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by zionmde: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2017
ExInferis:

Uh oh.

Now you're spouting gibberish.

Down boy.

It's not my fault god, in his infinite wisdom, made you igboe.

Seriously you've my sympathy. Can't be easy being so universally reviled.

But you should understand that our collective revulsion at the sight of vermin is a reflex action.

Our instinct is to recoil in horror when we see rats and roaches.

And then kill them.

Good luck out there, little igboe vermin. Hope you last longer than your forebears.
zombie o zombie, zombie thinks that being a loyal servant ooops slave and being applauded will make his masters give him a crumb from their table zombie.
zombie thinks that a revolting servant is worse than a loyal servant zombie, zombie doesn't know that if he is a yoruba Christian in the north he should run wen Igbos are running oops wen they are killing the rats zombie, zombie is very loyal even to the extent of being quiet wen his Sister was killed in abuja for no crime zombie.

4 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto by adidison(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2017
Sad ... this is done by the (very x100) jobless local ignorant street area boys ... I swear you can't classify them, people from the place don't even associate with them, I know decent Hausa men who have been attacked/ killed because they confronted these area boys known as (dan dabar).

The Federal govt should hold the state government responsible and compensate the people who lost their property. These guys are just jealous because the Igbo people live in better houses, drive better cars, doing well in their business.

Trust me a Hausa man who has his business won't go attack another Igbo man, rather they will try to work together, the Igbo people there are not fools. They just need to get rid of these jobless area boys who are always high on solutio and fall into the wrong hands (local leaders who were once area boys).

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nnamdi Kalu Is Making A Fool Of FG Of Nigeria / This Is The CHANGE We Promised Nigeria - Lai Mohammed (photo) / 2019: How Sultan Of Sokoto Clashed With Gov El-rufa’i, Mobilized Monarchs To Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.