Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs (579 Views)

Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? / Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Johnrake69: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2017
This thought has been on my mind. And I'm going to state the reason based on my personal experiences. This is not to condemn any church denomination in particular.

Sometimes I do take a bus from cele to Orile. I think there there is a big branch of the Chosen ministry at Sanya because of the number of their buses parked in that vicinity.

Also, lots of their members also board a Bus from Sanya bus stop and surprisingly, they find it difficult to pay #100 to Orile from Sanya. That fare has been like that for a long time. They always pick up an argument with the conductor on that, insisting on paying #50. Meanwhile, your pastors bringing the message to you is moving in convoy with security details.

Note: Please like I said, this is not to condemn a denomination. I just had to narrate my personal experience.

Cc: Seun
Mynd
Lalaclasticla
Dominique
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Josephjnr(m): 10:53am On Sep 17, 2017
You have Nnamdi Kanu's spirit in you.
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by bedspread: 10:54am On Sep 17, 2017
"WE DONT WORK OR LIVE BY WHAT WE SEE, WE LIVE BY THUS SAYS THE LORD"

INFACT I AM A CHOSEN, AND RIGHT INSIDE THAT PLACE IS WHERE I FIND THE JOY THAT CARRIES ME IN THIS EVIL DAYS.
THE WORLD TODAY IS FILLED WITH BAD NEWS, DISATERS AND SO ON... RIGHT IN THE MY ALMIGHTY FATHERS HOUSE "THE LORDS CHOSEN" IS WHERE I FIND HAPPINESS .
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Johnrake69: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2017
Josephjnr:
You have Nnamdi Kanu's spirit in you.

Please I will appreciate if you address the issue.

Thank you for your comment anyway.
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Johnrake69: 11:02am On Sep 17, 2017
bedspread:
"WE DONT WORK OR LIVE BY WHAT WE SEE, WE LIVE BY THUS SAYS THE LORD"

INFACT I AM A CHOSEN, AND RIGHT INSIDE THAT PLACE IS WHERE I FIND THE JOY THAT CARRIES ME IN THIS EVIL DAYS.
THE WORLD TODAY IS FILLED WITH BAD NEWS, DISATERS AND SO ON... RIGHT IN THE MY ALMIGHTY FATHERS HOUSE "THE LORDS CHOSEN" IS WHERE I FIND HAPPINESS .

Wow? How do you connect with your pastors when they don't go through what you go through on a daily basis?
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Josephjnr(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2017
Johnrake69:

Please I will appreciate if you address the issue.

Thank you for your comment anyway.

You want them to turn against their spiritual leaders because they can't afford transporting themselves to their places of worship. They are not worshipping the leaders but god. Pastors/fathers are not political office holders,you don't expect them to employ and start paying members of the church. Moreover,some of these people you are talking about still travel many miles at greater expense just to commit sin. Leave dem make dem live dem lives.
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Johnrake69: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2017
Josephjnr:

You want them to turn against their spiritual leaders because they can't afford transporting themselves to their places of worship. They are not worshipping the leaders but god. Pastors/fathers are not political office holders,you don't expect them to employ and start paying members of the church. Moreover,some of these people you are talking about still travel many miles at greater expense just to commit sin. Leave dem make dem live dem lives.

That is not true. My point is how do they connect with their pastors when their economic reality differs. After church service, private jets and luxury cars are waiting for the leadership of the church.

While the members are picking up arguments with bus conductors over fares that has been in place for like 2 years now. And it's most likely they paid more in tithe and offering than what the conductor is asking for.
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Josephjnr(m): 11:35am On Sep 17, 2017
Johnrake69:

That is not true. My point is how do they connect with their pastors when their economic reality differs. After church service, private jets and luxury cars are waiting for the leadership of the church.

While the members are picking up arguments with bus conductors over fares that has been in place for like 2 years now. And it's most likely they paid more in tithe and offering than what the conductor is asking for.

You are seeing it from the angle of an unbeliever. The tithe and offering paid are for God and not the leadership of the church. Mind you,I don't believe in any god but I appreciate and leave anybody who believes.
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by chivic(m): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2017
Its quite simple,go to a church that is close to to you where you need not to spend transport money .Leave the pastor to his faith.
In those days the levite where well off(rich).infact even when others don't have they had.For most sacrifice they had a share.
So technically,the husband man should be the first partaker of blessings.Jesus was riding on a brand new donkey (latest car tier rubber) and people where putting their cloths on the floor.

One of the disciple on seeing the perfume lavished on him complained that this perfuse was a life fortune and would have been use on the poor(those fighting for 50 naira in the bus) but he rebuked them and made them to understand that they will always have the poor in their midst .
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Johnrake69: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2017
Josephjnr:

You are seeing it from the angle of an unbeliever. The tithe and offering paid are for God and not the leadership of the church. Mind you,I don't believe in any god but I appreciate and leave anybody who believes.

Unbeliever ke'. I see it as being dishonest to oneself. And directly or indirectly this believe system is what is spreading poverty.
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Johnrake69: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2017
chivic:
Its quite simple,go to a church that is close to to you where you need not to spend transport money .Leave the pastor to his faith.
In those days the levite where well off(rich).infact even when others don't have they had.For most sacrifice they had a share.
So technically,the husband man should be the first partaker of blessings.Jesus was riding on a brand new donkey (latest car tier rubber) and people where putting their cloths on the floor.

One of the disciple on seeing the perfume lavished on him complained that this perfuse was a life fortune and would have been use on the poor(those fighting for 50 naira in the bus) but he rebuked them and made them to understand that they will always have the poor in their midst .

Great submission. Now, the question is what sacrifice has the leadership of the church offered to man kind to deserve that level of affluence?
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by bedspread: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2017
Johnrake69:

Wow? How do you connect with your pastors when they don't go through what you go through on a daily basis?
I AM BLESSED.... I AM SOOOO BLESSED...
I don't attend church cos of my pastor..... I attend to get more of GOD'S WORD. My pastor is only a vessel being used by GOD...
Getting GOD is the Ultimate
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Johnrake69: 11:57am On Sep 17, 2017
bedspread:
I AM BLESSED.... I AM SOOOO BLESSED...
I don't attend church cos of my pastor..... I attend to get more of GOD'S WORD. My pastor is only a vessel being used by GOD...
Getting GOD is the Ultimate

Well... Great for you my friend.
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by chivic(m): 11:58am On Sep 17, 2017
Johnrake69:

Great submission. Now, the question is what sacrifice has the leadership of the church offered to man kind to deserve that level of affluence?

-If he is a true leader,he might be praying for you in his closet.
-As a spiritual leader,some of the spiritual attack that is meant for you,will come to him.

-standing in Gods presence to hear from him and come and preach to you is also a sacrifice
-winning souls for the kingdom is a great work that makes the heavens rejoice.And if the heavens is happy with you ,you can get wealthy

I run from being a pastor because its not as easy as people think.
Re: Why Are Christians Still Going To Church When Their Economic Reality Differs by Johnrake69: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
chivic:

-If he is a true leader,he might be praying for you in his closet.
-As a spiritual leader,some of the spiritual attack that is meant for you,will come to him.

-standing in Gods presence to hear from him and come and preach to you is also a sacrifice
-winning souls for the kingdom is a great work that makes the heavens rejoice.And if the heavens is happy with you ,you can get wealthy

I run from being a pastor because its not as easy as people think.

There is no greater service than serving humanity. If we must tell ourselves the truth the leadership of the church are all self serving. None of them deserves that level of affluence in a world full of social injustice.

Below is Uruguay's president Jose Mujica. He donates 90% of his monthly salary of $12,000 to the poor and small businesses. Shouldn't this example come from the church leaders?

(1) (Reply)

Which Church Has The Best Social Scene? / When To Be Silent In 20 Situations With Biblical Reference. / Its A Sin For Christians To Pay Tithes. Pastor Chris (green Reporter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.