Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? (1444 Views)

Daniel Olukoya Clears Air On Fraud Allegation On UK Church / God Left The Nigerian Church When Comedians Started Climbing Our Pulpit / Why Did People Speak In Tongue In The Church When Others Can't Understand Or Hea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by ENGINEERG(m): 7:06am On Sep 26, 2021
As a Nigerian, most work and businesses our people do everyday to make money is on fraud , but they won't still miss the church.
Isn't it exercise in futility?
Can we deceive God?
Is it now just like a culture?
You go to church on Sunday, and you know you will commit sins on Monday to Saturday. Its just the way of life.
But not everyone is guilty of this, but am sure 99% of Nigeria are guilty of this.

Let me just name a few.

For Boys- You do Yahoo Yahoo- you lie and fraud your client, you are in cultism, you drink alcohol, you gamble, you fornicate

Govt/company worker- you collect kickback, you won't remit all money, you collect bribe before doing your work, you don't go to work or late to work.

Ladies- you do olosho, you use kayamata on men

Businessmen- you dubiously inflate price of goods, you sell fake as original, you bribe to get contract, you do sample with quality material but you deliver substandard job.You cheat govt in paying tax.

Politicians- you don't do your promise, you embezzle everyday, you kill or lie againt your opponents.

Technicians- you lie on parts and material, you do quotation using quality but when you get money, you buy cheap material. You bribe to get work, you steal other material of client.

NO MATTER YOUR WORK, GOD KNOWS YOU BETTER AND YOU CAN NEVER DECEIVE GOD

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Goldbw122(m): 7:18am On Sep 26, 2021
Well God knows those that are on his side and those that are not, so lets just watch the pretty movie that will continue to unfold with time, before the end of the world will come.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by caesymore(m): 7:29am On Sep 26, 2021
Well, My problem is not with them that go to Church, you can go to Church all you want, the ones I detest most are the hypocrites cursing other while na them dey do pass.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Lawlab249: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 7:53am On Sep 26, 2021
ENGINEERG:
As a Nigerian, most work and businesses our people do everyday to make money is on fraud , but they won't still miss the church.
Can we deceive God?
You go to church on Sunday, and you know you will commit sins on Monday to Saturday. Its just the way of life.
But not everyone is guilty of this, but am sure 99% of Nigeria are guilty of this.
According to Jesus Christ, those who belong to Him are those who work, not for food that perishes - Genesis 3 vs 18 - 19 - but instead those who work for food that endures to Eternity which only Jesus Christ can give.
26 He answered, “Why are you looking for me? Is it because you saw miraculous signs? The truth is, you are looking for me because you ate the bread and were satisfied.
27 But earthly food spoils and ruins. So don’t work to get that kind of food. But work to get the food that stays good and gives you eternal life. The Son of Man will give you that food. He is the only one qualified by God the Father to give it to you.” - John 6 vs 25 - 29
So, it is not just those whose jobs engage them in the carrying out fraudulent activities that are implicated as not being of sin, all those who sweat for food that perishes, no matter how honest they believe their occupations , are also of sin against God. undecided

Pretty much everyone who lives according to God's curse against man as stated in Genesis 3 vs 14 - 22, is cursed, hence against God. undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by ENGINEERG(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Naso
caesymore:
Well, My problem is not with them that go to Church, you can go to Church all you want, the ones I detest most are the hypocrites cursing other while na them dey do pass.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by bmdmix11: 8:07am On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, those who belong to Him are those who work, not for food that perishes - Genesis 3 vs 18 - 19 - but instead those who work for food that endures to Eternity which only Jesus Christ can give.
So, it is not just those whose jobs engage them in the carrying out fraudulent activities that are implicated as not being of sin, all those who sweat for food that perishes, no matter how honest they believe their occupations , are also of sin against God. undecided

Pretty much everyone who lives according to God's curse against man as stated in Genesis 3 vs 14 - 22, is cursed, hence against God. undecided
u just copy a quote n then explain rubbish.

plz stay away from d bible na people like una dey break home
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by desiredhome: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2021
ENGINEERG:
Can we deceive God?

Let me just name a few.

For Boys- You do Yahoo Yahoo- you lie and fraud your client, you are in cultism, you drink alcohol, you gamble, you fornicate

Govt/company worker- you collect kickback, you won't remit all money, you collect bribe before doing your work, you don't go to work or late to work.

Businessmen- you dubiously inflate price of goods, you sell fake as original, you bribe to get contract, you do sample with quality material but you deliver substandard job.You cheat govt in paying tax.

Politicians- you don't do your promise, you embezzle everyday, you kill or lie againt your opponents.

Technicians- you lie on parts and material, you do quotation using quality but when you get money, you buy cheap material. You bribe to get work, you steal other material of client.

Unfortunately, the Church has changed from doing the work of God to focusing on earthly things (Mammon worshipping) we like been deceived because we are too lazy to read......

That is the reason you see all sorts of atrocities in the society today even in the churches...
People no longer go to church for purpose of serving/love for God, but for selfishness/greed that is why majority are been deceived

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 8:12am On Sep 26, 2021
bmdmix11:
u just copy a quote n then explain rubbish.

plz stay away from d bible na people like una dey break home
Again, so long as you work according to the curse in Genesis 3 vs 18 - 19 .I.e. you work for food that spoils, you are still not of God. Those who belong to Jesus Christ do not work for food that spoils but instead for food that endures to Eternity which only Jesus Christ can give - John 6 vs 25 - 29 undecided

If you feel this is rubbish, try to intelligently counter what I have stated then.. undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by ENGINEERG(m): 9:49am On Sep 26, 2021
You said it all
desiredhome:

Unfortunately, the Church has changed from doing the work of God to focusing on earthly things (Mammon worshipping) we like been deceived because we are too lazy to read......

That is the reason you see all sorts of atrocities in the society today even in the churches...
People no longer go to church for purpose of serving/love for God, but for selfishness/greed that is why majority are been deceived

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, so long as you work according to the curse in Genesis 3 vs 18 - 19 .I.e. you work for food that spoils, you are still not of God. Those who belong to Jesus Christ do not work for food that spoils but instead for food that endures to Eternity which only Jesus Christ can give - John 6 vs 25 - 29 undecided

If you feel this is rubbish, try to intelligently counter what I have stated then.. undecided

What do you eat to survive and how do you get it as someone that belongs to Jesus?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2021
Crystyano:
What do you eat to survive and how do you get it as someone that belongs to Jesus?
In Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34, Jesus Christ goes in to explaining how God is able to provide all that and more. undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
In Matthew 7 vs 25 - 34, Jesus Christ goes in to explaining how God is able to provide all that and more. undecided

You did not tell me what you eat
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
Crystyano:
You did not tell me what you eat
Why should I tell you what to eat though? undecided

Did Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34 inform you that there are such restrictions? undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why should I tell you what to eat though? undecided

Did Matthew 7 vs 25 - 34 inform you that there are such restrictions? undecided

Not what to eat

What you eat

Since your Bible says those that work towards food are not of God
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
Crystyano:
Not what to eat
What you eat
Since your Bible says those that work towards food are not of God
You eat food, as it says in Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34. undecided

It is how you obtain that food, and the other things you need that changes - John 6 vs 25 - 29. Rather than slaving away under the sun to provide for yourself, you instead do what God wants and He does the proving, just as He said He will in Matthew 6 vs 25 - 34 undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You eat food, as it says in Matthew 7 vs 25 - 34. undecided

It is how you obtain that food, and the other things you need that changes - John 6 vs 25 - 29. Rather than slaving away under the sun to provide for yourself, you instead do what God wants and He does the proving, just as He said He will in Matthew 7 vs 25 - 34 undecided
What does God want?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
Crystyano:
What does God want?
God wants us to submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:

What if his commandments are useless??
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:

There's no reason why I should love someone that is too proud and filled with hypocrisy

But God says love your problems including the ones that are human
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
HellVictorinho:
What if his commandments are useless??
No be everyone go wan do wetin God say make we do. It is a choice to submit or not. undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No be everyone go wan do wetin God say make we do. It is a choice to submit or not. undecided

I didn't choose to have useless commandments upon me
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I didn't choose to come across problems

What you call a commandment is a problem to me
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I didn't choose to come across problems
What you call a commandment is a problem to me
Ok. undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
ENGINEERG:
Can we deceive God?

Let me just name a few.

There's no sincere or honest or straightforward God

If I can attack the pastor and take from him

I won't give any of it as an offering

Spits on the altar....
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Ayo081(m): 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You eat food, as it says in Matthew 7 vs 25 - 34. undecided

It is how you obtain that food, and the other things you need that changes - John 6 vs 25 - 29. Rather than slaving away under the sun to provide for yourself, you instead do what God wants and He does the proving, just as He said He will in Matthew 7 vs 25 - 34 undecided

Matthew 6 instead.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church When Your Work & Business Thrive On Fraud? by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ayo081:

Matthew 6 instead.
Oh , yeah, my bad! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Hidden secret why Satan Has More Power On Africa / Pastor Evelyn Joshua Speaks On Bisola Johnson's Accusation Of TB Joshua (Video) / Helping A Man Who Hates Perfumes And Deodorants On Religious Grounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.