Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Problems With My 406 HELP - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problems With My 406 HELP (2590 Views)

The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars / 14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With My 406 HELP by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
My 406 car goes of and on when I put on my ac.
It wasn't so before now until I had a bad radiator cover and my car overheated. Thinking it was my fan (which works automatically by the way) the so called mechanic (who happens to 'specialize in peugeot and Toyota) connected my fan to work manually instead of automatically. I don't like the sound and I took it else where and was told it was the radiator cover. It was changed and my car stopped overheating.
However, when I put on my ac my engine starts some really wired things. It goes on and off, the brakes misbehave and even my Guage starts reading falsely.

If I don't put on AC it works very well... Wht could be the cus please

AND I NEED A GOOD PEUGEOT MECHANIC RECOMMENDED PLEASE... I'M TIRED OF THIS TRIAL AND ERROR Guys (I'm in Abuja)
THANX
Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by DjAndroid: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ikenna351 your attention is needed here.

1 Like

Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by aAK1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Optimusshield:
It wasn't so before now until I had a bad radiator cover and my car overheated. Thinking it was my fan (which works automatically by the way) the so called mechanic (who happens to 'specialize in peugeot and Toyota) connected my fan to work manually instead of automatically. I don't like the sound and I took it else where and was told it was the radiator cover. It was changed and my car stopped overheating.
However, when I put on my ac my engine starts some really wired things. It goes on and off, the brakes misbehave and even my Guage starts reading falsely.

AND I NEED A GOOD PEUGEOT MECHANIC RECOMMENDED PLEASE... I'M TIRED OF THIS TRIAL AND ERROR Guys (I'm in Abuja)
THANX
scan that car. you may already have a flat gasket
Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by TRYGO(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
I would suggest the following:

1. Revert the fan back to how it was before

2. Since the electrical on that car behaves improperly, after the direct fan connection, and only when the AC system is ON, thus suggests to me that is either the power line in which the fan was connected, is interfering with the current requirements of those accessories, etc.

The AC system adds much load on the engine, and this leads to more current draw from the electrical system.

My best bet is that the connections was improperly done, in such a way that he must have connected the fan's positive cable from the accessory relays/fuse.

I rule out gaskets problems from this
Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by Ikenna351(m): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
Optimusshield:

THANX

It's easy to pass blames to mechanics or auto electricians for damaging or abusing cars, but owners seem to exonerate themselves when they stood there, watching the abuse been done on their cars, most cases, in their presence. You can't tell me you felt comfortable when he was cutting, butchering and bypassing the radiator fan factory connection, only to complain later.

If your Peugeot 406 is the model with VAN-bus or CAN-bus, note that the Engine ECU controls the radiator fan. So any wrong connection in that fan relay chamber can crash the ECU or fry it instantly.

You can bring the Lion to me, since you are in Abuja, to reverse the connection back to factory for a fee, hopefully it has not harmed the ECU already.

Words don't teach. Only life experience does. But if you really love your Lion, words would be enough, for it may cost you dearly to experience before learning. Stop abusing your Peugeots.

Ikenna351.

I, today, 27/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk

5 Likes

Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by adanny01(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ikenna351:

It's easy to pass blames to mechanics or auto electricians for damaging or abusing cars, but owners seem to exonerate themselves when they stood there, watching the abuse been done on their cars, most cases, in their presence. You can't tell me you felt comfortable when he was cutting, butchering and bypassing the radiator fan factory connection, only to complain later.

If your Peugeot 406 is the model with VAN-bus or CAN-bus, note that the Engine ECU controls the radiator fan. So any wrong connection in that fan relay chamber can crash the ECU or fry it instantly.

You can bring the Lion to me, since you are in Abuja, to reverse the connection back to factory for a fee, hopefully it has not harmed the ECU already. You can reach me on 08095721703.

Words don't teach. Only life experience does. But if you really love your Lion, words would be enough, for it may cost you dearly to experience before learning. Stop abusing your Peugeots.

Ikenna351.

I dont believe it.

So Ikenna still dey.

1 Like

Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by kingreign(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
All these grammar ontop weyrey motor?

Verily verily I say onto thee, Peugeot is the worst automobile brand ever.

Forget what some folks who are Peugeot worshippers would say.
Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2017
Thanx ikenna for your rich contribution.
My mechanic got back few days ago and did a thorough vetting.
It was discovered that some fuses were burnt, wires burnt, fuel pump cables burnt... List goes on. He fixed all these and the bsi box was serviced as well with the fuel pump.
Its working fine now thank you.

Im however keen to learn and know more so I'll definitely give you a call.
Cheers bro.

Ikenna351:

You can bring the Lion to me, since you are in Abuja, to reverse the connection back to factory for a fee, hopefully it has not harmed the ECU already. You can reach me on 08095721703.

Ikenna351.

1 Like

Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by valarinz: 10:49am On Sep 22, 2017
kingreign:
All these grammar ontop weyrey motor?

Verily verily I say onto thee, Peugeot is the worst automobile brand ever.

Forget what some folks who are Peugeot worshippers would say.

So Volvo is no longer the worst brand now Abi. Some people sef, I wonder which one your kinsmen have even produced, even ordinary car battery Smh

3 Likes

Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by kingreign(m): 10:50am On Sep 22, 2017
valarinz:

So Volvo is no longer the worst brand now Abi. Some people sef, I wonder which one your kinsmen have even produced, even ordinary car battery Smh

Keep ranting like a woman in labour

. You're ignored, and if e pain you send a guided missile.
Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by valarinz: 10:58am On Sep 22, 2017
kingreign:

Keep ranting like a woman in labour

. You're ignored, and if e pain you send a guided missile.

Just imagine, sounding derogatory to women in order to make a point, forgetting your mother also performed the "rant" while birthing you, grow up and learn some manners oga.

There are tons of peeps more knowledgeable than you on this cartalk section but they don't go around putting other people's choices or opinions down as brazenly as u do, grow up

6 Likes

Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by TomCruise247: 5:57pm On May 13, 2020
Optimusshield:

THANX
Hey, did you eventually fix the 406 challenges? I'm about to acquire an Automatic drive 406 and the reviews I'm getting aren't pleasant to say the least. Anyone here with a trusted mech that sorts 406 (Automatic) and its issues? Abuja specific I mean.
Re: Problems With My 406 HELP by adubam(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2020
Manual would have been better. I have one guy at Karu Abuja. When you get their at Karu Police Station, as for the mechanic worjshop a ask for ustaz.

(1) (Reply)

Review / Cost Of Replacing Toyota Rav 4 2008 Windscreen / "Park Well" Nigeria's CARFAX Debuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.