Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website (4561 Views)

How To Make Use Of Cashapp In Nigeria To Receiver Money From United State / Wp Plugin:- Slider Revolution Pro Free Download Zip V6.2.2 + Addons / How To Stop Slider On Mobile View. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by Bfitconsults: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2017
okonja:

Your design is top notch, I will give it 9/10

Baba those are very kind words. We appreciate the review. We will continue to improve our work for the good of humanity.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by Bfitconsults: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2017
snnaija:
forget sliders for blogs...but to be honest it rocks on cooperate websites like mine www.cloudlinedesigns.com amd also make sure you set it for pc users only
Bro great efforts, however, I am an advocate of young creative people to avoid generic online pictures.
Developers should embrace originality, it maybe difficult at the initial stage because not everyone understand adobe for designing GUIs; but the interesting thing is PowerPoint is an amazing tool staring back at us everyday to be used. At [url]bfitconsults.com[/url], we do amazing things with PowerPoint and all our customers are happy.
Effectively what I am saying is avoid using generic online images. They take away value from your work.
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by snnaija(f): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bfitconsults:

Bro great efforts, however, I am an advocate of young creative people to avoid generic online pictures.
Developers should embrace originality, it maybe difficult at the initial stage because not everyone understand adobe for designing GUIs; but the interesting thing is PowerPoint is an amazing tool staring back at us everyday to be used. At [url]bfitconsults.com[/url], we do amazing things with PowerPoint and all our customers are happy.
Effectively what I am saying is avoid using generic online images. They take away value from your work.
alright thanks and am not a he,and we at www.cloudlinedesigns.com are good in what we do and our customers never company,it doesn't matter where you get your images,the are thousands of stock photos out there, the mean thing is the messages you pass to your customers
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by dasilva2(m): 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
using sliders depends on the kind of design you want to achieve, for me sliders enable you to present an idea or information in a variety of ways, making your site look fresh and dynamic/lively.

i don't use it in every of my designs but very necessary in certain corporate websites.
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by NarnieSnyper(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bfitconsults:

First, I gotta say good job after checking out your website.
Just a quick question from a website design rookie. I used pure HTML and CSS to create my slider, and whenever I test on my browser, I don't get the complete order of images I used. I mean, the first image goes few inches , about to display the second, then it restarts the process. Why is this?

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by Bfitconsults: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
snnaija:

alright thanks and am not a he,and we at www.cloudlinedesigns.com are good in what we do and our customers never company,it doesn't matter where you get your images,the are thousands of stock photos out there, the mean thing is the messages you pass to your customers
Fair enough. Just an advice. Sorry if it weren't well received. Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by Bfitconsults: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

First, I gotta say good job after checking out your website.
Just a quick question from a website design rookie. I used pure HTML and CSS to create my slider, and whenever I test on my browser, I don't get the complete order of images I used. I mean, the first image goes few inches , about to display the second, then it restarts the process. Why is this?

JavaScript files maybe missing, sliders load their own JS files and if any bit of that is missing, it can distort the expected outcome (proper display).

My initial thought is that you can check for errors on the browser console in chrome. Simply press F12 key, if the JS file is not available or showing 404 error, check the folder and see if the folder of JS file is having file status as 755.
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by NarnieSnyper(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bfitconsults:

JavaScript files maybe missing, sliders load their own JS files and if any bit of that is missing, it can distort the expected outcome (proper display).

My initial thought is that you can check for errors on the browser console in chrome. Simply press F12 key, if the JS file is not available or showing 404 error, check the folder and see if the folder of JS file is having file status as 755.

I don't use JS for my sliders. I use just HTML and CSS. But from what you are saying, are you talking about Bootstrap or CMS?
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by Bfitconsults: 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

I don't use JS for my sliders. I use just HTML and CSS. But from what you are saying, are you talking about Bootstrap or CMS?

OK that is fine. Bootstrap makes sure sites render well across devices. Yes we use that in talking to CSS HTML and Javascript files to behave as wanted within a specified framework.

For your issue, you need to check the data source. It is most likely that your size specification for your images are not well set within your slider framework. Make sure that all image sizes are equal.
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by NarnieSnyper(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bfitconsults:

OK that is fine. Bootstrap makes sure sites render well across devices. Yes we use that in talking to CSS HTML and Javascript files to behave as wanted within a specified framework.

For your issue, you need to check the data source. It is most likely that your size specification for your images are not well set within your slider framework. Make sure that all image sizes are equal.

I am. In fact I had to reduce the quality of the images, set the size to 500 by 600px, still nothing. I tried it on another PC, it worked fine
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by Bfitconsults: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

I am. In fact I had to reduce the quality of the images, set the size to 500 by 600px, still nothing. I tried it on another PC, it worked fine

Na wa.
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by Bfitconsults: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

Try Gif Animator and wow sliders. They won't fail you
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by NarnieSnyper(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
Bfitconsults:

Try Gif Animator and wow sliders. They won't fail you

Erm, Are they like plugins or what?
Re: Reasons You Should'nt Make Use Of Slider In Your Website by Bfitconsults: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

Erm, Are they like plugins or what?
The plugins you are using don't seem to work, so try stand alone offline slider builders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suggest Quality Backlinks For Website Owner / For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site / I Will Build High Cpc Admob Impression And Clicks App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.