Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism (11789 Views)

EFCC Arrests 11 Suspected Internet Fraudsters With 12 Cars In Osun / 4 Secondary School Boys Arrested By Delta Police For Cultism. See Items Recovere / Police Arrests Five Secondary School Student For Cultism (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by GistMeMore: 6:18am On Sep 18, 2017
@GistMorecom

Operatives of the Lagos state Neighbourhoood Safety Corps, LNSC has arrested 11 secondary school students suspected to be cultists. This was disclosed by CSP Adekunle Omisankin, the Divisional Police Officer of Olosan Police station.

According to Omisankin, the suspects who have been in operation since 2013 operating as students between 17 and 18 years old, all belonged to the ‘Gang Star’ cult and fingered to be terrorizing members of the public with dangerous weapons.

“One student-suspect was brought to our station by LNSC on Friday. Our investigation led to the arrest of 10 other students, including a female student,” Omisankin said.

The spokesman for the Lagos Neighborhood Safety Corps, LNSC, Adewale Afolabi, said that they had also arrested a JSS3 student, who was allegedly terrorising members of the public with dangerous weapons such as knives and machetes.

Afolabi said that the suspect, who resides at 243, Agege Motor Road, Ojuwoye in Mushin, Lagos Mainland, was alleged to be a student of a secondary school in Igbo Owu, Kwara.

“He had been terrorising the people and students of the area. The LNSC operational team arrested the suspect following intelligence information from the public. He confessed to the crime and also exposed his 16-member gang by giving their names and their hideouts to the LNSC.” Afolabi said that the suspect had been transferred to the Olosan Police Station, Mushin for further investigation.

Source: http://www.GistMore.com/lagos-police-arrests-11-secondary-school-students-cultism

Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by DanielsParker(m): 6:22am On Sep 18, 2017
"Been in operation since 2013"? Seriously, that means I won't be wrong to say that most of these alleged teenage cultists started operations at the age of 14? What a joke! Is he not familiar with the term : juvenile delinquency? I'm sure he is, and there are better ways to curb that. He's definitely not gonna charge these minors.

Okay, I should applaud him for arresting and parading teenagers?

Oga DPO, arrest and apprehend the real cultists then I'll know you're really discharging your duties.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by Oche211(m): 6:27am On Sep 18, 2017
The state of public schools in lagos is sad due to the prevailing nd widespread issues of cultism among students.
Let them go to Bariga, Gbagada, Ifako, Oworonshoki, Ogudu, Ojota, Ketu, Yaba nd the rest.
Honestly, na their cells go full.
Honestly, i'm yet to understand any benefit of cultism that makes kids of this generation to enter it in their numbers.
One thing that i know of is that they don't usually have a good end.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 18, 2017
Olosan police station? Why olosan? They will soon be released after those boys sponsorers water their pockets and they will start terrorizing again...ask those olosan people about the kidnappers that were caught last week undecided foolish "olopas"
angry angry

Cultism has been a normal thing in these schools for more than 3decades in Lagos(mushin)

Euba, Igbo owu, oduduwa, community n itire community, atunrase, eko boys n so on...but ambode seems not to care.

Let me seat in one corner n see how the DPO perform his magics lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by emmayayodeji(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by saxwizard(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2017
awon omo irole aye
awon mo abipabe
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by marooh: 7:33am On Sep 18, 2017
NCAN can never comment on this!

Village traffickers grin
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by MuyiRano(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2017
And if u check them, they are boys wey never see better food chop. I still don't know what they aim to achieve
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by loobby(m): 7:34am On Sep 18, 2017
Hmmm

Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by miketayo(m): 7:35am On Sep 18, 2017
leaders of tomorrow ryt? Nigeria is in bigger trouble than we realize
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by pinkcottoncandy: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2017
This is the avenue they want to introduce their crocodile tears ooo...propaganda will not kill our armed forces...

Yoruba people shine your eyes well ooo...before una crocodile go cry you a river...as python take dance azonto for umuahia
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by obamd: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2017
BAck in the day, you could bet your bottom dollar the students would be from Igbobi College.
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by shegzan(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2017
hmmn... Na wa ooo! mk God help our Country Nigeria..
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by gbaskiboy: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2017
Endtime children, the propose leaders of tomorrow
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by Lanretoye(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2017
what do u mean by Lagos police,bloggers won't blog with their brain and expect computer to do everything.
calling LSNC Lagos police can cause misinformation and heat up polity.
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by DePartfinder: 8:20am On Sep 18, 2017
Those involves in this lack proper orientation from their home and environment.....basically from their parent. They believe that's the only way of being a "big boy" and for "protection "

I weep for the generation to come if this continued
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by shaklisco(m): 8:27am On Sep 18, 2017
comradespade:
Olosan police station? Why olosan? They will soon be released after those boys sponsorers water their pockets and they will start terrorizing again...ask those olosan people about the kidnappers that were caught last week undecided foolish "olopas"
angry angry

Cultism has been a normal thing in these schools for more than 3decades in Lagos(mushin)

Euba, Igbo owu, oduduwa, community n itire community, atunrase, eko boys n so on...but ambode seems not to care.

I don't think Atunrase is among them,one of the discipline school in Lagos State I can testify to it,I graduated year 2004
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by Dmeji4444(m): 8:46am On Sep 18, 2017
No problem, those students facing their studies now will use these ones as political thugs in the future.
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by wildchild02: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2017
Na wa ooo, Jesus is the only way, truth and the light

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by Dc4life(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2017
comradespade:
angry angry

You be confirm Mushin/Itire breed
These boys mostly belong to the Eiye Cult group
Most sec school in Mushin/Itire is a breeding ground for these Eiye boys. The other time they invaded my Area claiming to be "No Salary Boys" terrorizing the whole of Itire.
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by ImaIma1(f): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2017
comradespade:
angry angry

Very true. It didn't just start. Over 15yrs ago, my seniors were caught during their secret meeting. They were called PIRATES.
Cultism in secondary schools is not new.
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by fernandooleku(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2017
wildchild02:
Na wa ooo, Jesus is the only way, truth and the light

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
shey na audio u upload ni wey u dey expect us to hear u, abi e ma gbami ke
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2017
Dc4life:

You be confirm Mushin/Itire breed
These boys mostly belong to the Eiye Cult group
Most sec school in Mushin/Itire is a breeding ground for these Eiye boys. The other time they invaded my Area claiming to be "No Salary Boys" terrorizing the whole of Itire.

Mostly eiye n alora boys.

They don't care about who u are or how old you are, I just tire for mushin o
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2017
shaklisco:
I don't think Atunrase is among them,one of the discipline school in Lagos State I can testify to it,I graduated year 2004

If you still in Lagos, then go n checkout the recent atunrase...those schools are now breeding centers for prospective cultists
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by Jagabanmonerry(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2017
The whole Agege as a LG, has been taken over by the so call AWAWA Boys... Come n see whenever they have a gathering maybe a birthday party or Ceremonial activities, you can see little boys of abt 12-16yrs smoking anythings smokeable, Infact, you can not go out again when it already past 10... Still, dey keep on breeding more touts in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by abudawah(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
shaklisco:

Big NO. Atunrase is fully involved at both JSS and SS level
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by GistMeMore: 6:54am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Lagos Police Arrests 11 Secondary School Students For Cultism by nju18: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2017
boost your account and see details below..here is your last opportunity to win..call or whatsapp for today game

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Forged Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Signature Bags 4 Years In Jail / 19 Suspects Arrested At Illegal Oil Storage Site / Man Stones Girlfriend To Death In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.