Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Question For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Christians (744 Views)

Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / 10 Questions For Christians / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Christians by sinequanon: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2010
OK, I am not religious but I am interested in understanding the sense in which Christians say Christ died for all of mankind.

My question is this. If Jesus had not have died on the cross, what would have happened differently to mankind?
Re: Question For Christians by tpiah: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2010
your question begs the question
Re: Question For Christians by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2010
Op i hope to ans ur quiry soon.If time permits
Re: Question For Christians by Nimshi: 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2010
sinequanon:
My question is this. If Jesus had not have died on the cross, what would have happened differently to mankind?

Not a bad question.

What makes this one death special? Just because a guy's born by a virgin doesn't mean he's special.

The bigger worry is how it came about that 2000+ years ago, a pretty Jewish girl who git herself preganant successfully convinced some people that she really didn't nookie before it happened; after a short story about Gabriel and halos and lights and stuff, there, the story's making the rounds. It's fantastic the Jews don't believe it; they know their girls better.
Re: Question For Christians by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2010
It baffles me d way some non religious folks reason.Evrythng is doubted.Yet when there are called to proof what ever they say,they fail
Re: Question For Christians by Nimshi: 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2010
toba:

It baffles me d way some non religious folks reason.Evrythng is doubted.Yet when there are called to proof what ever they say,they fail

What exactly do you mean?
Re: Question For Christians by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:11pm On Mar 02, 2010
As if you have proof that she did not do something under that fig tree at night, no wonder it was cursed lol grin grin
Re: Question For Christians by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2010

If Jesus had not died for mankind we would have all been lost in sin which will eventually lead all men to hell.

After the fall of man, God had to make a redemption plan to bring man back unto himself that's why he sent Jesus to die for the sins of men.

Remember! you have a choice to make either heaven or hell and nothing unclean can enter into heaven; sin can never enter there. Since God wanted men to be with Him in heaven he had to send Jesus to die for us so as many that refuse Jesus and die will eventually go to hell.

If you want to know him so that you won't be lost. Please follow this simple steps which will cost you nothing but would rather make your life acceptable before you God.

1. Admit that you are a sinner. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23; Romans 6: 22 "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life."
23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

2. Repent now "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;" Acts 3:19. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1John 1:9.

3. Believe that God loves you and that Jesus died for you. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

4. Invite Jesus into your life through the prayer of faith. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

If you follow this steps and you continue to live a christian life. I promise you that you will see Jesus.

Thanks.
Souls Must Be Saved
Re: Question For Christians by Thorns: 9:51am On Mar 03, 2010
sinequanon:

OK, I am not religious but I am interested in understanding the sense in which Christians say Christ died for all of mankind.

from ur question u made us understand dt Christ's death brought a difference in d world. Those differences would not av been there had he not died. Thats rational.
Re: Question For Christians by Thorns: 10:00am On Mar 03, 2010
Jesus is a historical figure
Re: Question For Christians by DeepSight(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2010
Evang. Olu:

If Jesus had not died for mankind we would have all been lost in sin which will eventually lead all men to hell.

After the fall of man, God had to make a redemption plan to bring man back unto himself that's why he sent Jesus to die for the sins of men.

Remember! you have a choice to make either heaven or hell and nothing unclean can enter into heaven; sin can never enter there. Since God wanted men to be with Him in heaven he had to send Jesus to die for us so as many that refuse Jesus and die will eventually go to hell.

If you want to know him so that you won't be lost. Please follow this simple steps which will cost you nothing but would rather make your life acceptable before you God.

1. Admit that you are a sinner. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23; Romans 6: 22 "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life."
23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

2. Repent now "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;" Acts 3:19. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1John 1:9.

3. Believe that God loves you and that Jesus died for you. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

4. Invite Jesus into your life through the prayer of faith. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

If you follow this steps and you continue to live a christian life. I promise you that you will see Jesus.

Thanks.
Souls Must Be Saved

What is the meaning of this? ? ? ?
Re: Question For Christians by DeepSight(m): 10:31am On Mar 05, 2010
sinequanon:

Simple: there would have been no crusades; no spanish inquisition; no crooked bussinessmen pastors fleecing you of your money. . .

My, looks like a better world!

The very fact that sin remains and flourishes in the world, 2000+ years after Christ supposedly "conquered" sin on the cross, is more than enough for the non-deluded to see that the judicial execution of that one man is perfectly meaningless in terms of redeeming the spiritual state of mankind as a race.
Re: Question For Christians by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
My people fail to understand why Christ died.

Let us start from the beginning

1: God is pre-existent so he creates heaven (his abode)
2: He is alone so he creates angels (some later become demons and mutiny against the empire)
3: He is mad so he kicks demons out of high heavens to low heavens and goes to ponder his deviant creations
4: He comes up with a solution and creates a planet called earth and goes to say "Let us create man in our own image"
5: So man is created without sin,pure as pure water and sinless as pastor chris.
6: Demons shout Ahhhhg! whaaaaaat! We cannot have this. so they go to war with God for trying to replace them in the heir achy of nature
7: God is up to the challenge and defeats satan but does not finish him off. instead he flings him down to earth where his sinless and pure creature adam resides (hello!) shocked
8: Satan cannot let such a sweet offer pass him by, a choice-enhanced being ready for the deception. so he goes in for the kill. Adam eats the apple and wham. sin takes hold and Satan is king of the earth.
9: God is not happy as there is no one to worship him after all his effort. so he destroys the earth with a massive flood. saving a handful of sinless to re-populate the world (smart guy) wink
10:Satan is unrelenting and at least 99% of the world falls to his sinful grasp again. but God has a plan. he selects one nation Israel to use for his experimental adventure into making sure his creation lasts long enough to make it to heaven and worship him as originally planned.
11: Alas! israel is the naughty sinful child and goes on to become a pain in his holy butt. for centuries on end.
12: He wipes them out again (saving a few) and gets a brand new idea , let us claim our right to the world as it was planned. Jesus my only begotten son will come back and make a way for willing sinners to come back to God. You see, Satan did not force man to sin against God, so God cannot force man to worship him (as he had tried unsuccessfully many a times).so here we are waitign for who will win the election of the century, the righteous or the satanous
Re: Question For Christians by Nimshi: 2:10am On Mar 06, 2010
Thorns:

Jesus is a historical figure

That's a statement.

Any proof?

Re: Question For Christians by ilosiwaju: 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2010
A roman method of execution for condemned criminals got jesus killed and xtians are proud to honour the cross(which is now the xtian brand). what if he died by guillotine? if he died through lethal injection(had the romans used the technology) would xtians be carrying syringes on their neck? if he died of malaria,mosquito/stagnant water becomes the symbol. . right?

my own concern is that was his death necessary to save anybody? i mean ur the son of GOD and GOD gave u to us to be sacrificed to GOD himself.
haba don allah!
lagerwhenindoubt:

My people fail to understand why Christ died.

Let us start from the beginning

1: God is pre-existent so he creates heaven (his abode)
2: He is alone so he creates angels (some later become demons and mutiny against the empire)
3: He is mad so he kicks demons out of high heavens to low heavens and goes to ponder his deviant creations
4: He comes up with a solution and creates a planet called earth and goes to say "Let us create man in our own image"
5: So man is created without sin,pure as pure water and sinless as pastor chris.
6: Demons shout Ahhhhg! whaaaaaat! We cannot have this. so they go to war with God for trying to replace them in the heir achy of nature
7: God is up to the challenge and defeats satan but does not finish him off. instead he flings him down to earth where his sinless and pure creature adam resides (hello!) shocked
8: Satan cannot let such a sweet offer pass him by, a choice-enhanced being ready for the deception. so he goes in for the kill. Adam eats the apple and wham. sin takes hold and Satan is king of the earth.
9: God is not happy as there is no one to worship him after all his effort. so he destroys the earth with a massive flood. saving a handful of sinless to re-populate the world (smart guy) wink
10:Satan is unrelenting and at least 99% of the world falls to his sinful grasp again. but God has a plan. he selects one nation Israel to use for his experimental adventure into making sure his creation lasts long enough to make it to heaven and worship him as originally planned.
11: Alas! israel is the naughty sinful child and goes on to become a pain in his holy butt. for centuries on end.
12: He wipes them out again (saving a few) and gets a brand new idea , let us claim our right to the world as it was planned. Jesus my only begotten son will come back and make a way for willing sinners to come back to God. You see, Satan did not force man to sin against God, so God cannot force man to worship him (as he had tried unsuccessfully many a times).so here we are waitign for who will win the election of the century, the righteous or the satanous
^ ^ ^ sir largerwhenindoubt, i hail thy theory. so funny but kinda true sha.
still laughing
Re: Question For Christians by clem2love(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
My dear,

Before the birth of Jesus there have been saying a king will be born by a virgin.
thosands of year ago the prophesy had been given by various men of God which they call themself. you to can be great if only you belive in that same man you call (JESUS) His purpose has not be fulfill yet until you accept him you will see what am saying in your life.

Come closer to him and have a taste of what it take to be free from alllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Pat Robertson Doing The Devil's Claw / Alleged Unholy Sex: Catholic Bishops Back Burke / Chinedumuo Lets Discuss Your Catholic Phobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.