Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,403 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

10 Questions For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Questions For Christians (5299 Views)

Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 6:53am On Jun 09, 2013
QUESTION 1. Christians claim that Jesus acknowledged that he and God were one in the sense of nature when he says in John 10:30 "I and my father are one". Later on in John 17:21-23, Jesus refers to his followers and himself and God as one in five places. So why did they give the previous "one" a different meaning from the other five "ones?

QUESTION 2. Why does the Bible say that Jesus wanted to die on the cross, when the one on the cross was shouting "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" according to Matthew 27:45 and Mark 15:33?

QUESTION 3. Christians say that people go to Heaven ONLY THROUGH JESUS, yet Paul says in 1 CORINTHIANS 7:8-16 that the unbelieving husband is acceptable to God because he is united with his wife and vice versa, and their pagan children are also acceptable to God. So people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus according to this

QUESTION 4. Christians say that the Paraclete means the Holy Spirit (John 14;26). Jesus said in John 16:7-8 "If I do not go away the Paraclete will not come to you". This could not mean the Holy spirit, since the Holy spirit was said to have been there before Jesus was even born as in Luke 1:41 "Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit". Here, the Holy spirit was also present during Jesus life time. So how could this fit with the condition that Jesus must go away so that the Holy spirit will come?  

QUESTION 5. If the Holy Spirit dictates what Christian should do, why do Christians commit sins and make mistakes ? How can you explain the conversion to other religions and atheism of many Christians? Are they told to do that by the Holy Spirit?

If you read Matthew (28:1-10), Mark (16:1-20), Luke (24:1-12), and John (20: 1-18), you will find contradicting stories. They all agreed that the tomb was guarded for three days. However, they reported the discovery of the empty tomb differently.

Matthew (28) and John (20) reported that Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were the first to discover the tomb.

Mark (16) reports that Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome were the first to discover the empty tomb.

Mark (28) reports that there was an earthquake that removed the rock from over the tomb. He says that an angel caused it. The other gospels do not mention of an earthquake.

Matthew and Mark say that only ONE man in white clothes was sitting on the tomb when the woman arrived, and that he was an angel.

Luke says that TWO men in white clothes, who were angels, were sitting. Johns says that the two women did not meet anybody the first time they came to the tomb, but when they returned, they saw TWO people, ONE was an ANGEL, and the other was JESUS.

Matthew reports that when the guards reported this to the chief priest, the chief priest paid them a large sum of money, telling them: "You have to say that his disciples came at night and stole his body." He claims that the soldiers took money and spread the story around and since then, the story had been circulating among the Jews until today (according to Matthew). The other gospels do not report of any such thing.

QUESTION 6. Which narration now is more authentic?

QUESTION 7. Why doesn’t Mark 16:9-20 exist in as many versions of the Bible while it exists as a footnote or between brackets in some other versions? Is a footnote in the Bible still considered as God’s word, especially when it addresses an important feature like the Ascension?

QUESTION 8. Why does the Catholic Bible contain 73 books while the Protestant Bible has only 66? With both claiming to have the complete Word of God, which one should be believed and why?

QUESTION 9.As a Christian, do you agree that out of fairness and honesty you must investigate what Islam says about God, Jesus, including this life and the hereafter?

QUESTION10. Being a Christian, do you also believe that we must all stand accountable to our Creator and that the Creator is Perfect and Just? As a sincere believer in God, don’t you owe it upon yourself to find out the entire unadulterated truth regardless of the consequences

I NEED ANSWER ONE BY ONE FROM ANYBODY AS A CHRISTIAN

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Christians by donwilly3: 7:08am On Jun 09, 2013
R U A CHRISTIAN OR A PAGAN LYK DE OMBATSE
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 7:18am On Jun 09, 2013
donwilly3: R U A CHRISTIAN OR A PAGAN LYK DE OMBATSE
MUSLIM
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
No one answer my questions for today, so all christians in this forum are absent today
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by deSika(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2013
Forgive me but am particularly interested in your no 4 question.
U need to clarify somtin 4 me

1. You say christians think that the paraclete is the holyspirit. To you what does paraclete mean.i mean you should show what paraclete means from a greek lexicon/dictionary

2. Can you also show where in the bible the holyspirit is recorded to be with the disciples before Jesus' speech

Salaam aleikun
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 11:55am On Jun 10, 2013
deSika: Forgive me but am particularly interested in your no 4 question.
Why not interested in other questions or you can't answer it
deSika:
1. You say christians think that the paraclete is the holyspirit. To you what does paraclete mean.i mean you should show what paraclete means from a greek lexicon/dictionary
Don't use question to answer my question, just explain how paraclete means holy spirit when holy spirit has already exist before Jesus christ
deSika:
2. Can you also show where in the bible the holyspirit is recorded to be with the disciples before Jesus' speech

Salaam aleikun
1 Samuel 19:23 "So Saul went to Naioth at Ramah. But the Spirit of God came even upon him, and he walked along prophesying until he came to Naioth."

2 Chronicles 15:1 "The Spirit of God came upon Azariah son of Oded."

Ezekiel 11:5 "Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon me, and he told me to say: "This is what the LORD says: That is what you are saying, O house of Israel, but I know what is going through your mind."

Ezekiel 37:1 "The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones."

Luke 1:35 "The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you (Mary), and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

Luke 2:25 "Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by lanrexlan(m): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
deSika: Forgive me but am particularly interested in your no 4 question.
Mr deSika,
long time o.

Salaam aleikun
According to the Aramaic Bible Society,the word "Paraclete" back then meant the "Praised One". Muhammad's name was "Ahmed".
Both Muhammad and Ahmed in Arabic mean "The Honored One" or the "Praised One".
http://www.aramaic.org/
PARAVLETE.html
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by deSika(m): 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
ayenny02: Why not interested in other questions or you can't answer it
you for tell me say you don dey set jamb exam for nairaland na. Anyways i cant answer all that jamb questions now because of the phone am using. Maybe later
Don't use question to answer my question, just explain how paraclete means holy spirit when holy spirit has already exist before Jesus christ
your question is similar to someone saying "christians say 'wash' means 'to make clean"if you think 'wash' means something else. Why not show it. Can you show from a dictionary what wash means if not the above. Thats what am saying. Can you show from a dictionary/lexicon what paraclete means other than comforter/advocate/helper etc. If there is no alternative meaning for paraclete. Then am afraid you dont have a question.

1 Samuel 19:23 "So Saul went to Naioth at Ramah. But the Spirit of God came even upon him, and he walked along prophesying until he came to Naioth."

Ezekiel 11:5 "Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon me, and he told me to say: "This is what the LORD says: That is what you are saying, O house of Israel, but I know what is going through your mind."

Ezekiel 37:1 "The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones."

Luke 1:35 "The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you (Mary), and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God."

Luke 2:25 "Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
was Jesus speaking to the above people. You have not answered my question. This is my question. Show me where the Holyspirit was with/in the disciples before Jesus speech. Am sure you understand english. JESUS was telling his disciples "Its necessary that i leave YOU(Jesus disciples) [b] for the holyspirit to come to you my disciples". For you to make your assertions. You have to show where these same disciples that Jesus was speaking to had the Holyspirit.

2. Or better still you could show us where Jesus told us that it is expedient that he leaves [b] the world (everybody in the world)
so that the paraclete would come to the [b] people of the world [/] if you cant do this then am afraid you dont have a question.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by deSika(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
ayenny02: Why not interested in other questions or you can't answer itDon't use question to answer my question, just explain how paraclete means holy spirit when holy spirit has already exist before Jesus christ

Re: 10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 7:10am On Jun 11, 2013
deSika: you for tell me say you don dey set jamb exam for nairaland na. Anyways i cant answer all that jamb questions now because of the phone am using. Maybe later
But you used phone to answer one you can defend why can't you use phone to answer the rest.
If I know that it is only you will respond from all the christians in this forum I would have reduce the question to one question. The questions still remain there anybody can still answer anyone that can be able to defend.
deSika: Can you show from a dictionary/lexicon what paraclete means other than comforter/advocate/helper etc. If there is no alternative meaning for paraclete. Then am afraid you dont have a question.
From the verses I need explanation how holy spirit could be;
1. Paraclete
2. He" not "It"
3. He shall not speak of himself:
4. He will guide you into all truth
5. Reprove the world of Sin, righteousness, and error:
6. Does the Holy Spirit "speak" or "inspire"
7. That he may abide with you for ever:
8. He shall bring all things into your remembrance
9. He will show you things to come
deSika: was Jesus speaking to the above people. You have not answered my question. This is my question. Show me where the Holyspirit was with/in the disciples before Jesus speech. Am sure you understand english. JESUS was telling his disciples "Its necessary that i leave YOU(Jesus disciples) [b] for the holyspirit to come to you my disciples". For you to make your assertions. You have to show where these same disciples that Jesus was speaking to had the Holyspirit.

2. Or better still you could show us where Jesus told us that it is expedient that he leaves [b] the world (everybody in the world)
so that the paraclete would come to the [b] people of the world [/] if you cant do this then am afraid you dont have a question.
Disciples has Holy spirit during life of Jesus

"And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him." (Luke 2:25)

"And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost (Simeon), that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ." (Luke 2:26)

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him (Jesus), and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." (Luke 3:22)

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." (John 20:21-22)

If what you mean is that Jesus was talking to his disciples alone, so the disciples should still be alive by now, from Matthew 16:27-28

27. For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
28. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Matthew 10:22-23

22. All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
23. When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Jesus (as) is quoted many times in the Bible as telling his followers that they will never taste death. However, there is not a single one of them alive to this day. Was he lying?
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by deSika(m): 8:18am On Jun 11, 2013
lanrexlan: Mr deSika,
long time o.

According to the Aramaic Bible Society,the word "Paraclete" back then meant the "Praised One". Muhammad's name was "Ahmed".
Both Muhammad and Ahmed in Arabic mean "The Honored One" or the "Praised One".
http://www.aramaic.org/
PARAVLETE.html
oga your link did not go through. Can YOU Show using a dictionary/lexicon what paraclete means. If you cant do this then am afraid you have not made any point. You are only wishing that paraclete means Ahmed. But thats not whats on ground. Once you can show the above. Then we start from there.
Salaam
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by cleanvessel(m): 9:10am On Jun 11, 2013
ayenny02: QUESTION 1. Christians claim that Jesus acknowledged that he and God were one in the sense of nature when he says in John 10:30 "I and my father are one". Later on in John 17:21-23, Jesus refers to his followers and himself and God as one in five places. So why did they give the previous "one" a different meaning from the other five "ones?

QUESTION 2. Why does the Bible say that Jesus wanted to die on the cross, when the one on the cross was shouting "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" according to Matthew 27:45 and Mark 15:33?

QUESTION 3. Christians say that people go to Heaven ONLY THROUGH JESUS, yet Paul says in 1 CORINTHIANS 7:8-16 that the unbelieving husband is acceptable to God because he is united with his wife and vice versa, and their pagan children are also acceptable to God. So people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus according to this

QUESTION 4. Christians say that the Paraclete means the Holy Spirit (John 14;26). Jesus said in John 16:7-8 "If I do not go away the Paraclete will not come to you". This could not mean the Holy spirit, since the Holy spirit was said to have been there before Jesus was even born as in Luke 1:41 "Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit". Here, the Holy spirit was also present during Jesus life time. So how could this fit with the condition that Jesus must go away so that the Holy spirit will come?  

QUESTION 5. If the Holy Spirit dictates what Christian should do, why do Christians commit sins and make mistakes ? How can you explain the conversion to other religions and atheism of many Christians? Are they told to do that by the Holy Spirit?

If you read Matthew (28:1-10), Mark (16:1-20), Luke (24:1-12), and John (20: 1-18), you will find contradicting stories. They all agreed that the tomb was guarded for three days. However, they reported the discovery of the empty tomb differently.

Matthew (28) and John (20) reported that Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were the first to discover the tomb.

Mark (16) reports that Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome were the first to discover the empty tomb.

Mark (28) reports that there was an earthquake that removed the rock from over the tomb. He says that an angel caused it. The other gospels do not mention of an earthquake.

Matthew and Mark say that only ONE man in white clothes was sitting on the tomb when the woman arrived, and that he was an angel.

Luke says that TWO men in white clothes, who were angels, were sitting. Johns says that the two women did not meet anybody the first time they came to the tomb, but when they returned, they saw TWO people, ONE was an ANGEL, and the other was JESUS.

Matthew reports that when the guards reported this to the chief priest, the chief priest paid them a large sum of money, telling them: "You have to say that his disciples came at night and stole his body." He claims that the soldiers took money and spread the story around and since then, the story had been circulating among the Jews until today (according to Matthew). The other gospels do not report of any such thing.

QUESTION 6. Which narration now is more authentic?

QUESTION 7. Why doesn’t Mark 16:9-20 exist in as many versions of the Bible while it exists as a footnote or between brackets in some other versions? Is a footnote in the Bible still considered as God’s word, especially when it addresses an important feature like the Ascension?

QUESTION 8. Why does the Catholic Bible contain 73 books while the Protestant Bible has only 66? With both claiming to have the complete Word of God, which one should be believed and why?

QUESTION 9.As a Christian, do you agree that out of fairness and honesty you must investigate what Islam says about God, Jesus, including this life and the hereafter?

QUESTION10. Being a Christian, do you also believe that we must all stand accountable to our Creator and that the Creator is Perfect and Just? As a sincere believer in God, don’t you owe it upon yourself to find out the entire unadulterated truth regardless of the consequences

I NEED ANSWER ONE BY ONE FROM ANYBODY AS A CHRISTIAN

Your thread is not intended to ask genuine questions but an attach on the bible. If such questions are posted on your islamic section, what you do is delete them. I posted a thread in the islamic section, instead of answering them, they deleted it outright. That is what you guys do when your religion is exposed. I was expecting you to say something there, you were nowhere to be found.

TODAY'S QURAN IS NOT THE ORIGINAL

[Shakir 4:82]
Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it MANY a discrepancy.

The above quranic verse has given room for discrepancies even though they may not be MANY. The discrepancies it terms as not many is unknown but what is known is that as a book from Allah, it is not supposed to have any. This is contrary to muslims claims that the quran is perfect.

Bukhari Book 6, Volume 61, Haddith 510

Narrated By Anas bin Malik : Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were Waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) DIFFERENCES IN THE RECITATIONS OF THE QUR'AN, so he said to 'Uthman, "O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) as Jews and the Christians did before." So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to REWRITE the manuscripts in perfect copies. 'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, "In case you DISAGREE with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. 'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, BE BURNT. Said bin Thabit added, "A Verse from Surat Ahzab was missed by me when we copied the Qur'an and I used to hear Allah's Apostle reciting it. So we searched for it and found it with Khuzaima bin Thabit Al-Ansari. (That Verse was): 'Among the Believers are men who have been true in their covenant with Allah.' (33.23)

The hadith under reference states the fact that there were some portions of the quran that were written after Muhammad's death.

OBSERVATIONS:

1. The satanic verse: Satan had almost succeeded in making inputs in the quran by deleting Allah's revelations from Muhammad's memory and replacing them with his own but for the quick intervention of Allah. It was possible to avert this problem because Muhammad could hear from Allah. But when other revelations were being compiled into the quran after Muhammad's death, there was noway the writer could have detected if Satan has tampered with the memorizers' memories as they could not hear from Allah like Muhammmad. In islam, it was only Muhammad who could hear from Allah.

2. There is no doubt that Satan has tampered with the memories of the memorizers because:

(a) Satan was already at work and that was why there were differences in recitations by the memorizers.
(b) There were disagreements between the memorizers.
(c) Other manuscripts were burnt off to make confirmations impossible.

3. It was the revelations that were given to Muhammad and not the writing. The writing were the works of men even at Muhammad's time, talkless of when he was no more around.

CONCLUSIONS:

HOW WAS THE WRITER ABLE TO PICK THE CORRECT RECITATIONS AMONG THE CONTRADICTING RECITATIONS AS HE COULD NOT HEAR FROM ALLAH FOR CONFIRMATION?

Under the above narrated situations, it is not reasonable for anybody to believe the quran is perfect or free of errors. The quran itself has admitted that there are some errors.

NOTE:

I know you will call it derailment of the thread for you to avoid talking about it. But if it gets to your islamic section they will delete it as they have once deleted it. If it is posted in the Christian section, it will be transferred to the islamic section only to be deleted. Who is deceiving who?. Anything that exposes the falsehood in your religion (islam) is not welcome.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel:

Your thread is not intended to ask genuine questions but an attach on the bible. If such questions are posted on your islamic section, what you do is delete them. I posted a thread in the islamic section, instead of answering them, they deleted it outright. That is what you guys do when your religion is exposed. I was expecting you to say something there, you were nowhere to be found.

Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it MANY a discrepancy.

The above quranic verse has given room for discrepancies even though they may not be MANY. The discrepancies it terms as not many is unknown but what is known is that as a book from Allah, it is not supposed to have any. This is contrary to muslims claims that the quran is perfect.

Narrated By Anas bin Malik : Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were Waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) DIFFERENCES IN THE RECITATIONS OF THE QUR'AN, so he said to 'Uthman, "O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) as Jews and the Christians did before." So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to REWRITE the manuscripts in perfect copies. 'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, "In case you DISAGREE with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. 'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, BE BURNT. Said bin Thabit added, "A Verse from Surat Ahzab was missed by me when we copied the Qur'an and I used to hear Allah's Apostle reciting it. So we searched for it and found it with Khuzaima bin Thabit Al-Ansari. (That Verse was): 'Among the Believers are men who have been true in their covenant with Allah.' (33.23)

The hadith under reference states the fact that there were some portions of the quran that were written after Muhammad's death.

OBSERVATIONS:

1. The satanic verse: Satan had almost succeeded in making inputs in the quran by deleting Allah's revelations from Muhammad's memory and replacing them with his own but for the quick intervention of Allah. It was possible to avert this problem because Muhammad could hear from Allah. But when other revelations were being compiled into the quran after Muhammad's death, there was noway the writer could have detected if Satan has tampered with the memorizers' memories as they could not hear from Allah like Muhammmad. In islam, it was only Muhammad who could hear from Allah.

2. There is no doubt that Satan has tampered with the memories of the memorizers because:

(a) Satan was already at work and that was why there were differences in recitations by the memorizers.

3. It was the revelations that were given to Muhammad and not the writing. The writing were the works of men even at Muhammad's time, talkless of when he was no more around.

CONCLUSIONS:

HOW WAS THE WRITER ABLE TO PICK THE CORRECT RECITATIONS AMONG THE CONTRADICTING RECITATIONS AS HE COULD NOT HEAR FROM ALLAH FOR CONFIRMATION?

Under the above narrated situations, it is not reasonable for anybody to believe the quran is perfect or free of errors. The quran itself has admitted that there are some errors.

NOTE:

I know you will call it derailment of the thread for you to avoid talking about it. But if it gets to your islamic section they will delete it as they have once deleted it. If it is posted in the Christian section, it will be transferred to the islamic section only to be deleted. Who is deceiving who?. Anything that exposes the falsehood in your religion (islam) is not welcome.

MR MAN, are you here to answer my question or to derail the topic, if you want to answer the OP pls do or stay away, if you don't see anybody to answer you from islam section is that means you shud come here to derail the thread.
Don't worry am sure your question should have answered by my muslims brother.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by cleanvessel(m): 9:53am On Jun 11, 2013
ayenny02:
MR MAN, are you here to answer my question or to derail the topic, if you want to answer the OP pls do or stay away, if you don't see anybody to answer you from islam section is that means you shud come here to derail the thread.

You are a liar, nobody could answer the questions and that was why they deleted the thread. It is only in islamic section they delete or hide threads because islam is a cult, which will not want its secrets to be exposed. Bunch of idol worshipers that you are.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Christians by Mudley313: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2013
ayenny02:

my friend, go back to that your totalitarian islam section of a sub-group; you come here to enjoy the lil freedom of expression in the main religious section while your tyrannical mods bans every tom, d1ck and harry for questioning your barbaric arabian religion, just like your fellow savages in real life who live and enjoy the freedom and amenities of the west while at the same time carrying out hate filled terrorist acts against it...don't you have some women to stone somewhere?

Re: 10 Questions For Christians by olajide21: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel:

OBSERVATIONS:

CONCLUSIONS:

NOTE:

Guy!!!!! wetin be shakir 4:82?
i wonder why some of you would want to make comment about Al-Islam without making few researches......
Dont be afraid pick a copy of Al- Qur'an and genuinely seek knowledge there in......... If in the process, you stumbled on verses you dont understand, post it and we would discuss it.
My BELOVED BROTHER AYENNY 02 had asked simple question, all he wanted was simple answers...... WHY NOT PROVIDE THEM!!!!!!
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel:

You are a liar, nobody could answer the questions and that was why they deleted the thread. It is only in islamic section they delete or hide threads because islam is a cult, which will not want its secrets to be exposed. Bunch of idol worshipers that you are.
Why did you call me a liar, did I know anything about your thread why not report to moderator who incharge of the section.
If what you said was not against the rules of this forum why not ask MO the reason of your thread to be deleted, he is the one who can say anything about the thread. thks
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2013
Mudley313:

my friend, go back to that your totalitarian islam section of a sub-group; you come here to enjoy the lil freedom of expression in the main religious section while your tyrannical mods bans every tom, d1ck and harry for questioning your barbaric arabian religion, just like your fellow savages in real life who live and enjoy the freedom and amenities of the west while at the same time carrying out hate filled terrorist acts against it...don't you have some women to stone somewhere?

Is that the answer to my question,
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by Mudley313: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
ayenny02:
Is that the answer to my question,
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by lanrexlan(m): 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel:

Do brother ayenny look like the moderators? If your thread isn't offensive to Islam and straightforward questions,why would moderators hide it?

Don't derail the thread,open another thread and challenge muslims,I am sure muslim brothers are ready to answer your questions If they are reasonable.

OBSERVATIONS:

CONCLUSIONS:

Surah Al-Isra 17;88-''If mankind and jinns come together to produce the like of the Quran,they will never be able to produce even If they help one another''.
Surah Al-Baqarah 2;23-24-''If you are still in doubt about what we have revealed to our slave,then produce a chapter somewhat similar to it and call all your helpers and witnesses besides Allah(If there's any).But if you can't produce it and you will never be able to do it,then fear the fire whose fuel shall be stones and men,prepared for the disbelievers''.

NOTE:

Falsehood where? Ask your questions directly and not offensive to the deen.....Peace
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by lanrexlan(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel:

Do brother ayenny look like the moderators? If your thread isn't offensive to Islam and straightforward questions,why would moderators hide it?

Don't derail the thread,open another thread and challenge muslims,I am sure muslim brothers are ready to answer your questions If they are reasonable.

OBSERVATIONS:

CONCLUSIONS:

Surah Al-Isra 17;88-''If mankind and jinns come together to produce the like of the Quran,they will never be able to produce even If they help one another''.
Surah Al-Baqarah 2;23-24-''If you are still in doubt about what we have revealed to our slave,then produce a chapter somewhat similar to it and call all your helpers and witnesses besides Allah(If there's any).But if you can't produce it and you will never be able to do it,then fear the fire whose fuel shall be stones and men,prepared for the disbelievers''.

NOTE:

Falsehood where? Ask your questions directly and not offensive to the deen.....Peace
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by cleanvessel(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
olajide21:
Guy!!!!! wetin be shakir 4:82?
i wonder why some of you would want to make comment about Al-Islam without making few researches......
Dont be afraid pick a copy of Al- Qur'an and genuinely seek knowledge there in......... If in the process, you stumbled on verses you dont understand, post it and we would discuss it.
My BELOVED BROTHER AYENNY 02 had asked simple question, all he wanted was simple answers...... WHY NOT PROVIDE THEM!!!!!!

So you don't know Shakir and you call youself a muslim? Na wa for you. You might not know what is hadith too.

Shakir is one of the versions of the quran. There are other versions like Pickthal etc. Okay, it is better you don't know much about islam because it is a cult.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by lanrexlan(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel:

So you don't know Shakir and you call youself a muslim? Na wa for you. You might not know what is hadith too.

Shakir is one of the versions of the quran. There are other versions like Pickthal etc. Okay, it is better you don't know much about islam because it is a cult.
There's nothing like versions of the Quran,there's only one version of the Quran in arabic with different translators translating to different languages.Shakir is just a translator,a translation of the Quran not the Quran itself.....Peace
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by deSika(m): 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
ayenny02: But you used phone to answer one you can defend why can't you use phone to answer the rest.
If I know that it is only you will respond from all the christians in this forum I would have reduce the question to one question. The questions still remain there anybody can still answer anyone that can be able to defend.
its a big job typing all that on a java phone unlike using a smart phone or a pc. My smart phone just got damaged

From the verses I need explanation how holy spirit could be;
1. Paraclete
2. He" not "It"
3. He shall not speak of himself:
4. He will guide you into all truth
5. Reprove the world of Sin, righteousness, and error:
6. Does the Holy Spirit "speak" or "inspire"
7. That he may abide with you for ever:
8. He shall bring all things into your remembrance
9. He will show you things to come
friend, youve not still made any difference. It seems to me that the christians used the meaning of paraclete from a lexicon. Now if you think the christians are wrong in deriving the meaning of the word paraclete. Then U need to show us what paraclete means from a lexicön. Where you cant do this then am afraid that the christian interpretation is correct.

Disciples has Holy spirit during life of Jesus

"And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him." (Luke 2:25)
my friend this is no disciple of Jesus. So you fail on this one.

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him (Jesus), and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." (Luke 3:22)
no disciple of Jesus still
"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." (John 20:21-22)
this was after Jesus made the comforter speech. I asked that you show where the holyspirit was with the disciples before the comforter speech. So you failed again. Sorry.

If what you mean is that Jesus was talking to his disciples alone, so the disciples should still be alive by now,
Jesus was talking to his disciples alone . And in extension every other disciple that came afterwards. That includes the present day disciples of Jesus. Now this is a clue for you my friend, Jesus was not telling the whole world that the paraclete would come to everybody in the world. He said the paraclete would come to his disciples. So for the paraclete to come to anyone in regards to Jesus speech that person must need be a disciple(JESUS immediate disciples and the ones that came after them that is present day disciples). If you reason well you would see that your Muhammad did not come to any category of Jesus disciples. He came to pagans. You have still not answered my question. And this is it. Pls show in the bible who Jesus was promising the paraclete to: his disciples or to the whole world.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Christians by deSika(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
While you are still at the above questions. may i add the following.

Was it the bible that told you about the paraclete. YES

DID the that same bible tell you who the paraclete is.
YES In john 14:26 but the paraclete who is the holyghost

now if the bible told you that the paraclete is the holyghost why would any sane person come out to ask whether the paraclete is the holyghost or not. Do you need glasses or what.

Its just like asking whether 1 + 1 = 2 after your maths teacher has told you so.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by cleanvessel(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
@lanrexlan

All the long story you have told here did not derail the thread but to answer just one question will. Isn't it?

How did the writer pick the correct recitations among so many contradicting recitations by the memorizers as he could not hear from Allah to confirm?

That simple fact has rendered the quran null and void. You are now saying if man and jinns come together they cannot produce the like of the quran. That statement is necessary to defend their inability to pick the correct recitations. Where did you ever see man and jinns (demons) producing the word of God. It is only gods like Allah who have relationship with jinns (demons). Occultists like you muslims.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by olajide21: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel: @lanrexlan

All the long story you have told here did not derail the thread but to answer just one question will. Isn't it?

How did the writer pick the correct recitations among so many contradicting recitations by the memorizers as he could not hear from Allah to confirm?

That simple fact has rendered the quran null and void. You are now saying if man and jinns come together they cannot produce the like of the quran. That statement is necessary to defend their inability to pick the correct recitations. Where did you ever see man and jinns (demons) producing the word of God. It is only gods like Allah who have relationship with jinns (demons). Occultists like you muslims.
To start with who created the Jinns? Who Created Man? You are probably thinking that the Human race are the only creature of Allah?..... While other religions are not detail in most of the spheres of life, Islam is so detailed. There are demons in the Jinns and there are Believers amongst them, just as there are believers and devils amongst men!!!!!!
So in view of what i have said, If all of Man and Jinn come together, they can never produce the likes of the Qur'an!!!!!.......
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by olajide21: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel: @lanrexlan

To start with who created the Jinns? Who Created Man? You are probably thinking that the Human race are the only creature of Allah?..... While other religions are not detail in most of the spheres of life, Islam is so detailed. There are demons in the Jinns and there are Believers amongst them, just as there are believers and devils amongst men!!!!!!
So in view of what i have said, If all of Man and Jinn come together, they can never produce the likes of the Qur'an!!!!!.......
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by cleanvessel(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
olajide21:

It is only the jinns matter you saw there. When none of you muslims could give an answer to the question at islamic section, they felt disgraced and deleted it. The same you are doing here again.

Nobody can answer how the revelations said to have come from God is full of errors.

Nobody can answer how the writer of quran after Muhammad's death could pick the correct recitations from the contradicting recitations by the memorizers since he (writer) could not hear from Allah like Muhammad for confirmation.

How can any reasonable person be proud of a book (quran) full of guess works as reliable?
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by lanrexlan(m): 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
cleanvessel:

It is only the jinns matter you saw there. When none of you muslims could give an answer to the question at islamic section, they felt disgraced and deleted it. The same you are doing here again.

Nobody can answer how the revelations said to have come from God is full of errors.

Nobody can answer how the writer of quran after Muhammad's death could pick the correct recitations from the contradicting recitations by the memorizers since he (writer) could not hear from Allah like Muhammad for confirmation.

How can any reasonable person be proud of a book (quran) full of guess works as reliable?
Open another thread and challenge muslims with your questions,if they aren't against NL rules,muslims will surely respond.No need hiding your thread If it wasn't against the rule.....Peace
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by deSika(m): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
lanrexlan: Open another thread and challenge muslims with your questions,if they aren't against NL rules,muslims will surely respond.No need hiding your thread If it wasn't against the rule.....Peace
oga you can answer the guy here now. If he opens another thread on the same topic in islam section they would surely delete it again. So there is nothing wrong in answering him here. Since he has your attention now
Re: 10 Questions For Christians by ayenny02(m): 2:40am On Jun 12, 2013
deSika:
this was after Jesus made the comforter speech. I asked that you show where the holyspirit was with the disciples before the comforter speech. So you failed again. Sorry.

See how you gun yourself down, Jesus said in John 16:7
7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I GO AWAY: for if I GO NOT AWAY, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I DEPART, I will send him unto you.

HAS HE DEPARTED BEFORE DISCIPLES RECEIVED HOLY GHOST in john 20:21-22;

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost."
deSika: Jesus was talking to his disciples [b] alone
See how you failed woefully, if you interpret the verses to disciples ALONE that means the disciples are still alive when Jesus said in matt 16:27-28

27. For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.
28. I tell you the truth, SOME WHO ARE STANDING HERE will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Matthew 10:22-23

22. All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
23. When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Jesus (as) was telling his followers that they will never taste death. However, there is not a single one of them alive to this day.
deSika: You have still not answered my question. And this is it.

John 14:16
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

so how can Jesus (as) say if he does not go the "comforter" will not come if that comforter is already there? The "holy spirit" was already there regardless if Jesus (as) stays or leave. This means we cannot say the "comforter" is the "holy spirit".so we clear see that this person that will lead people into "all truth" is someone like Jesus -a prophet- who will come newly to earth.

Look at these verses below and compare it maybe Jesus (as) was referring to an advocate or holy spirit,
1 John 2:1:
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

John 14:16
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another advocate, that he may abide with you for ever;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Believe That Allah Is Same As Jehovah?: Vote / . / Age Of Earth - Scientists Lie!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.