Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Black Excellence: Sterling K. Brown Historic Win And Emmys Speech - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Black Excellence: Sterling K. Brown Historic Win And Emmys Speech (420 Views)

“black Excellence Is Irresponsible, All Africans Can’t Be Excellent. – Seun Kute / "You Are The Epitome Of Black Excellence" - Naomi Campbell Meets Ngozi Iweala / Celebrities React As Cardi B Makes Historic Win At Grammy Awards 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Excellence: Sterling K. Brown Historic Win And Emmys Speech by salau01(m): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2017
Visit www.latestforya..com and follow on twitter and Instagram @salau01

Sterling K. Brown’s Emmys speech was cut short on Sunday after the This Is Us star became the first black actor to win the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series since 1998.

“To my fellow nominees, I’m a fan. I love you all,” said Brown, who plays Randall Pearson on the NBC drama, when he took the stage to accept his award.
“This one right here?” he continued, referring to his trophy before giving a shout out to the fictional characters played by Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Jon Hamm (Mad Men), and Andre Braugher (Homicide: Life on the Street), respectively. (Braugher was the last black actor to win the award before Brown.)
“When I think about it, Walter White held this joint. Dick Whitman held this joint. And 19 years ago, Detective Frank Pembleton held this joint. I just want to say, Mr. Braugher, whether it’s at Stanford University or on this Emmys stage, it is my supreme honor to follow in your footsteps,” Brown said.
“I wanna thank my cast. You are the best white TV family that a brother has ever had, better than the white folks who raised Webster,” Brown told his This is Us costars in the audience, not long before the music began to play and cut his time short. Though the actor remained on stage to continue the rest of his speech, the camera panned out and the sound was cut from the mic.

(1) (Reply)

[EXCLUSIVE] Open Letter To Nigerians Concerning Psquare Fight - Comedian Yanbaba / Cristiano Ronaldo Buys New 2017 Bugatti Chiron For $3 Million / A Dog Gets Better Treatment In U.S Than A Woman In Lagos -white Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.