Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) (6470 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Modenine's Album (Da Davinci Mode!) Launch . . . . . . Twice! / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2010
no comment,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Illbliss feat Durella Leader
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Rhymstein(m): 8:31am On Mar 03, 2010
Same NLanders would say 50cent cant be d best rapper,now some yoruba dude is bein likened to him,he's nw be labelled so dope,because na yoruba

Why wnt u guys say sir victor uwaifo was best in his tym?

I wan listen to music,i go come dey give my self assignment by lookn 4 sum1 to translate for me

@eldee
I no force d boy talk am say mode sounded lyk luda,evn anoda dude likened it to dat of crooked i

And it was pentium ix dat had d 1st 10,000 copies sold out.v read an interview where he said 50,000 more were sold n doesnt v info abt it again,

V got dat album 4 times wit 3 different prints,qmark did one n d year on it was 2009.we all knw d album was released in 2006

30,000 in 30mins,na wholesale or na 30,000 ppl come buy am,na so 9ja like rap?such crowd wnt come out to get 2face on his release date
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by abdurrazaq(m): 8:34am On Mar 03, 2010
Oh Nairaland, guys here will never cease to crack me up. Users with signatures before signature
DBR with oNe (though eldee is planning a coup to take that away from him) grin grin
sinzuswag with sinzu
now, tavarez with WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE #nowplaying ******* grin grin

Modenine can sound M.I, Lil Wayne, Ludacris or even use autotone so far he doesn't substitue that with his lyrics I don't care. cheesy cool
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Rhymstein(m): 9:04am On Mar 03, 2010
And stil on da grin,sum1 said he doesnt fake accent,i jst played d whole album,d way he laffs n say yeah, na so u tey dey talk yeah

They r all fcukin guilty,tellin a rapper nt to fake accent,is lyk tellin general pype he shldnt sound patwa wen doin ragga

Abeg
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 9:10am On Mar 03, 2010
Abdulrazak seems u got some sense there, ok eldee i didnt mention ur name and said you said Mode was poor but if you read this thread you would see different comments on what people say about Modes pocket so i was Addressing them and not you, you know one of the greatest gifts God gave me is the ability to resist Internet Gangsterism, anyone that knows hes a Man should stop using Pseudonyms to insult people just because you know you are very far away and unidentifiable, well im not even going to reply ,but facts remain facts, and I never said M.I doesnt make Good music.inasmuch as he is not in My top 5 Naija emcees list.he still appeals to a certain audience that love his shit so, well one more thing well MR ELDEE Imbecillic retard you called me,and you also said im your Groupie and you also said you pity my dad <who happens to be dead>, I still have no comments for you all i say is

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Bounce-Str8Buttah Feat A9mus and Dasuki of Kaliphate and Terry the rapman<off the mixtape the fall of one the rise of many>R.I.P Fleet Militant
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by MrCrackles(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2010
TOSIN
Who cares. . . . . tongue
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by rapjunkie(m): 9:12am On Mar 03, 2010
Cant believe that people still claim that mode sounds like MI in badman. . . thats just some major BS. I notice that some people will try and make a fake point and others will just jump on the bandwagon in order to discredit an artist. . . its so sad

and MI didn't sell 30,000 copies in 30 mins. . . . that was just propaganda. . . . how many has he sold now? 2 billion?. . . . i beg
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Fred87(m): 9:27am On Mar 03, 2010
Am a big fan of M9,he's just too big 4 a copycat job on the boy M.I.for what:commercial success or, eez mam
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Fred87(m): 9:30am On Mar 03, 2010
Am a big fan of M9,he's just too big 4 a copycat job on the boy M.I.to add its just like u sayin JAYZ sounding like DRAKE for what:commercial success or, eez mam
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 11:23am On Mar 03, 2010
rapjunkie:

Cant believe that people still claim that mode sounds like MI in badman. . . thats just some major BS. I notice that some people will try and make a fake point and others will just jump on the bandwagon in order to discredit an artist. . . its so sad

and MI didn't sell 30,000 copies in 30 mins. . . . that was just propaganda. . . . how many has he sold now? 2 billion?. . . . i beg

Do I look like someone that will ever join a bandwagon??
If it were just a made up thing why do people keep bringing up excuses??
If I didn't hear it myself it would be different . . . I gave it to Sauron and asked a simple question 'who does this sound like'
He gave the same answer.
I've tried it with a couple of people . . . they give the same answer at first instance.

You can say anything about M.I, but we all know the hype he had before the album.
I don't know why you guys keep hating on the short black boy, his album appealed to people that actually buy albums not download link hunters like Rapjunkie grin grin

@Rhymestein
Crooked I, Weezy?? This is getting extremely Ludacris grin grin
You guys are being extremely sentimental . . . this is a minor thing.

I'm sure if it weren't sumn easily identifiable, you gys would have said M9 didn't use the auto-tune too undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 11:28am On Mar 03, 2010
tavarez:

Abdulrazak seems u got some sense there, ok eldee i didnt mention your name and said you said Mode was poor but if you read this thread you would see different comments on what people say about Modes pocket so i was Addressing them and not you, you know one of the greatest gifts God gave me is the ability to resist Internet Gangsterism, anyone that knows hes a Man should stop using Pseudonyms to insult people just because you know you are very far away and unidentifiable, well im not even going to reply ,but facts remain facts, and I never said M.I doesnt make Good music.inasmuch as he is not in My top 5 Naija emcees list.he still appeals to a certain audience that love his poo so, well one more thing well MR ELDEE Imbecillic retard you called me,and you also said im your Groupie and you also said you pity my dad <who happens to be dead>, I still have no comments for you all i say is

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE
#nowplaying Bounce-Str8Buttah Feat A9mus and Dasuki of Kaliphate and Terry the rapman<off the mixtape the fall of one the rise of many>R.I.P Fleet Militant

Dude you mentioned my name and then went on to write Modenine's biography and called me a fool.

Anyways, I'm not going to be a child about this . . . I apologise for insulting you and referring to your dad.
I never mean any of the insults I drop in posts, it's just nothing and I don't think you should take it to heart.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 11:47am On Mar 03, 2010
wondering how any1 would argue that modenine didnt sound different on badman undecided
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

wondering how any1 would argue that modenine sounded different on badman undecided

It beats me . . .  grin grin

But what really surprised me is the way they'll accept that it's probably[b] Lil Wayne or Crooked I or Weezy or infact any of the USA for Haiti musicians but not M.I[/b] grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

wondering how any1 would argue that modenine didnt sound different on badman undecided

i will argue it. . .HE SOUNDED DIFFERENT does not translate to SOUNDING LIKE MI. . .there are a couple of tracks where M9 sounds different from his usual style. . .please u guys should stop disrespecting mode abeggg
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2010
javalove:

i will argue it. . .HE SOUNDED DIFFERENT does not translate to SOUNDING LIKE MI. . .there are a couple of tracks where M9 sounds different from his usual style. . .please u guys should stop disrespecting mode abeggg

Stop being sentimental . . . the only reason you're saying this is because you're ashamed of 45 year old Modenine been influenced by a newbie.
Be a man and stop being a girl about this, it's nothing to be ashamed of. grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

Comin from sm1 who says he dont listen to M9 hehehee,,this is nice
means u'v been listenin'~~good. grin

eldee:

It beats me . . .  grin grin

But what really surprised me is the way they'll accept that it's probably[b] Lil Wayne or Crooked I or Weezy or infact any of the USA for Haiti musicians but not M.I[/b] grin grin

Quit being corny eldee, it's not a good look grin grin
U kno ma stand, i didnt give 2 flyin Fs when y'all rantin M.i sound Wayne-ish, so this dont bug me either.

Now, nobody said M9 didnt sound different, d point is he didnt sound like M.i.
Cos ma Q will be what does M.i sound like?
plus i'v heard sth close to that(hoarse) from him b4 mi.
F'course M9 sounds different on tracks.
He sounded diff. on Groupie which is diff. from Game needs me,
which is different from but Badman which is different from Yaki.
But in all u still hear the M9.

Abeg, next! the topic is gettin over flogged witout any progress.
oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by rapjunkie(m): 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
eldee:

You can say anything about M.I, but we all know the hype he had before the album.
I don't know why you guys keep hating on the short black boy, his album appealed to people that actually buy albums not download link hunters like Rapjunkie grin grin

chai!!!. . . . i don suffer  grin grin grin

javalove:

please educate them. . . . .mode's flow in verse 2 in 'mathematical sege' has a ragga influence. . . . .does that mean he is now copying General Pype?. . . . . .na wa o!!
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2010
rapjunkie:

chai!!!. . . . i don suffer grin grin grin

please educate them. . . . .mode's flow in verse 2 in 'mathematical sege' has a ragga influence. . . . .does that mean he is now copying General Pype?. . . . . .na wa o!!

there is a diff between sounding like and copying
u modey fans claim to be intelligent rap heads!!

and yet u guys cannot decipher between the two words!!!!
no need feeling intimidated, or anytn. . . . i mean it takes nothn away from ur veteran if he sounded like a newbie who has had more influence on the naija rap game than wut modenine made in his donkey career undecided

i think eldee has said it all

eldee:

Stop being sentimental . . . [b]the only reason you're saying this is because you're ashamed of 45 year old Modenine been influenced by a newbie.[/b]Be a man and stop being a girl about this, it's nothing to be ashamed of. grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fred87:

Am a big fan of M9,he's just too big 4 a copycat job on the boy M.I.to add its just like u sayin JAYZ sounding like DRAKE for what:commercial success or, eez mam  

Jay-Z implied in Moment of Clarity that he'll like to sound like Talib Kweli.
Hov is one of the best and most consistent rappers around. Back then, Kweli didn't even have a solo album yet.

Jay-Z even said it on live TV that he stole the concept of performing with a live band from Lupe Fiasco.

The best rappers learn things from everyone. As I said, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

there is a diff between sounding like and copying
u modey fans claim to be intelligent rap heads!!

and yet u guys cannot decipher between the two words!!!!
no need feeling intimidated, or anytn. . . .  i mean it takes nothn away from your veteran if he sounded like a newbie who has had more influence on the naija rap game than wut modenine made in his donkey career undecided
i think eldee has said it all

And by influence u mean~~~?

oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2010
DBR:

And by influence u mean~~~?

oNe

He's more popular and widely accepted and he's making the industry musically inclined while still holding on to its lyrical roots. . .
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

oNe grin grin grin grin

How do you remember to put this in every post??
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by wengewenge: 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2010
am testing whether i have been banned. grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
eldee:

He's more popular and widely accepted and he's making the industry musically inclined while still holding on to its lyrical roots. . .

tnx jare!
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 1:06pm On Mar 03, 2010
wengewenge:

am testing whether i have been banned. grin grin

mutallab osi grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by wengewenge: 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

mutallab osi grin

lol tosin-ode-da i will call javalove to '''gba eti fun e''. grin grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2010
eldee:

Very true! He's all that and maybe more.
However, if popular here mean likeable n accepted.~~maybe
Cos if u talkin generic popularity~it's very debatable.
Question like: popular amongst who, within or witout d country,will arise.
Cos there's no denyin the fact that M9 name has been poppin up and still pops up
e'time ~~almost since the rap game started in 9ja till now.
And if there's a dude u brot back lyricism which we lay much importance to
it's gotta be M9. And u cannot downplay lyrical influence in the rap game.
So how dyu rate who's got more influence and more popular cos each is popular in their own oikos.

eldee:

oNe grin grin grin grin
How do you remember to put this in every post??

LOL, tht's how u kno abinibi from ability grin grin
Boy, im a natural!
oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2010
DBR:

Very true! He's all that and maybe more.
However, if popular here mean likeable n accepted.~~maybe
Cos if u talkin generic popularity~it's very debatable.
Question like: popular amongst who, within or witout d country,will arise.
Cos there's no denyin the fact that M9 name has been poppin up and still pops up
e'time ~~almost since the rap game started in 9ja till now.
And if there's a dude u brot back lyricism which we lay much importance to
it's gotta be M9. And u cannot downplay lyrical influence in the rap game.
So how dyu rate who's got more influence and more popular cos each is popular in their own oikos.

M.I is synonymous with Nigerian rap music.
When people talk about Nigerian music they think D'banj, Tuface, Psquare and M.I comes close with.

To many people Nigerian hiphop was either daft or boring before M.I.
M.I(much more than Eldee) reconciled two schools of hiphop appreciation. . . now Modenine, Ruggedman and many other people are coming to the compromise zone created by M.I.

Yeah of course, Modenine's influence cannot be underestimated but M.I took it to a higher level.
M.I did in one year what Modenine spent fifteen years trying to achieve.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 1:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
ive seen everything ohh but still nice one , the bottom line is Mode dropped his Hoarse hard flow and decided to go slow, just like Busta dropped the Woo Hah ! kinda flow for some thing like "baby if u give it to me" change is constant, dont be suprised if u hear M.I rapping with a baritone, except Biggie and pac No other rapper has one voice, they up the tempo of the song or dumb it down,depending on the mood,feeling and audience he is trying to reach, I dont think there is any Hip-Hop Head in naija Mode hasnt dropped his Jaws .Even if u hate him or think M.i is Better,you LOVE at least One mode-Joint<thats if youre a head>but then maybe he needs a different crowd of fans now and switching his tone might do it for him,

well my thots

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying-Loose Kanyon feat General Pype-Its Okay
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2010
MI DID IN ONE YEAR WHAT TOOK MODE 15 YEARS TO DO? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed-ok please let me have the name of his record company,Movement,and the six albums he released in one year i would also like to have the 150 collabos he has done,and also please give me the link to 20 M.I music videos and even Cameos, i dont know if there is anyone here that watched MTV base 2009 leaders of the Nigerian Nu-skool where Don Jazzy was ranked first,.
??Mi was number 8 and mode was number 6 so please, im not disputing you, fine Mi sold and has critical acclaim but i urge u one more time please stop Blaspheming please,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying-Sixfootplus feat Eldee Xtra Large-That Meaningless Rap song{my top ten best naija Hip-Hop songs ever}
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
eldee:

M.I is synonymous with Nigerian rap music.
When people talk about Nigerian music they think D'banj, Tuface, Psquare and M.I comes close with.

To many people Nigerian hiphop was either daft or boring before M.I.
M.I(much more than Eldee) reconciled two schools of hiphop appreciation. . . now Modenine, Ruggedman and many other people are coming to the compromise zone created by M.I.

Yeah of course, Modenine's influence cannot be underestimated but M.I took it to a higher level.
M.I did in one year what Modenine spent fifteen years trying to achieve.
First all, u forgot your oNe for this again^^^^ grin grin

To many pple?, u talkin crowd mentality~~c'mon dude!
Hiphop aint democracy, since when did pple~~ who kno nxt to nothin bout hiphop~~
those who their 1st contact wit the genre is T.i, Boosie, Lil wayne and Souljah boy puh-leasee.!

M.i didnt take IT to a higher level, another level will be more apprp.
He's doin his own thing which leans more to the POP kinda feel. And i'm luvin it!!
But how has M.i taken lyricism to a higher level, when he still acknowledges the superiority of M9's??
You sayin it took him 1 yr to do wat M9 wanted to do? Babyyy~~~that's lame naauww.
Who told M9's mission was to be hipPOP? And be mentioned in same breath wit Dbanj or Psquare.
U sure dont kno the dude called M9, u dont know his musical paradigm. When u see d kinda acts he listens to
u'l be dazed and better understand where he stands.
M9's mission was and still is to keep to the fidelity of the erea when hip hop was hiphop, not dumbin
down for the sake of popularity or cash. Pls listen to "Extra extra" off Modeover premo for example.

And even when he rides on the southern beats now, its more of provin to y'all he can, can most y'all
were sayin he culd, or he's too sturbborn to listen to wat fans want~~blah blah blah
See i luv most of all this guyz,but when M9 is mentioned it's bout RESPECT and admiration that i hav for him.
And that's the same thing M9 has for him.
oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 3:03pm On Mar 03, 2010
tavarez:

MI DID IN ONE YEAR WHAT TOOK MODE 15 YEARS TO DO? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed-ok please let me have the name of his record company,Movement,and the six albums he released in one year i would also like to have the 150 collabos he has done,and also please give me the link to 20 M.I music videos and even Cameos, i dont know if there is anyone here that watched MTV base 2009 leaders of the Nigerian Nu-skool where Don Jazzy was ranked first,.
??Mi was number 8 and mode was number 6 so please, im not disputing you, fine Mi sold and has critical acclaim but i urge u one more time please stop Blaspheming please,

You talk like you need six albums to make an impact . . .
And you're talking about collabos (talking about commercial acceptance is always a wrong move) . . . point to one year that Modenine has been the man of the moment.
It's now an accepted fact that a Nigerian album/concert is not demographically complete without an M.I/D'banj/Tuface collabo. . .
Of course MTV Base will most likely place artiste with more videos over sumone with just one.

I wasn't even talking about commercial success, but if you're that adamant, let's see what one album did for M.I.
Many collabos/cameos e.g Lami, Djinee, 9ice, Tuface, Tha Suspect, Sound Sultan , Dipp, Jamix, Duncan Daniels main singles not album tracks.

Two MTV Base Awards (trashing Jigga and Kanye)

Performance at every big concerts . . . BBC's Bring The Noise tour

Performance at MTV awards alongside the best from Nigeria, Kenya and America . . .

Talk About It practically launched careers of Jesse Jagz and Ice Prince

Number 1 in hiphop charts in Tanzania, Uganda and other African countries

Five hiphop world awards nominations

Tour of UK, and many African countries. . . I've not even started yet.

You're still bringing it to commercial acceptance, we all know M.I trashes Modenine in that area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Truth About Rumors Of Jay-z Being A Member Of The Illuminati / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Joeboy – All For You (visualizer) / Searching 4 Nigerian Artistes Website? Come Along

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.