Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) (1802 Views)

Burial Poster Of ACP Oliver Abbey, Killed By Suspected IPOB Members In Anambra / Sit-At-Home: IPOB Members Set Trucks On Fire In Rivers State (Photos) / IPOB Members Set IPOB Journalist Up In Rivers State,Brutally Attack Him(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by Michael004: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
According to reports by DAILY POST, some suspected members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), allegedly set a mosque ablaze in Enugu State.
This is coming after the Defense Headquarters labeled the group as a terrorist organisation, as well as reports that claims their leader, Nnamdi Kanu has gone into hiding.

Read the full report from DAILY POST Below;

Daily Post reports that the incident, which occurred at Ogrute, the capital of Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State, has thrown the residents into panic.

One of the Muslim faithful, who contacted our correspondent from the area said the attack was carried out early Saturday morning.

“I was sleeping in my house when I started hearing some explosive sounds. I reside very close to the mosque.

“As I rushed out, I saw thick smoke billowing from the mosque. The fire was too much; it was burning from every corner of the mosque,” he said.

Asked whether the inferno could have been from power surge, he retorted: “nothing like power surge in this matter. The entire local government has no light for several months now.

“There has been a problem between the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC and Ikem community in Isi-Uzo, and this has disrupted power supply for several months. Prior to that, we don’t even light here; we were cut off as we couldn’t pay high electricity bill.

“We have the belief that it was carried out by IPOB supporters because they have done similar thing in other parts of the South-East since their confrontation with the Nigerian Military began last Monday.”

Meanwhile, the Chief Imam of the Mosque, who confirmed the incident to DAILY POST, lamented that, “we lost all our items to this unprovoked attack.

“From our observation, they brought everything together, including our garments, Holy book, generators, and made sure they all burnt to ashes together with the mosque.

“This is so strange and provocative as we were not having problem with anybody prior to this incident. I’m from this community, just like so many of my members.

“We have been living together with our people peacefully. So, this attack is something we cannot explain.”

While lamenting that their lives were now at stake, they called on the Enugu State Government and the security agencies to intervene.

Also confirming the incident, the Police Police Relations Officer of the Enugu State Police Command, SP Ebere Amaraizu told DAILY POST that “it is true that there was an incident. It occurred around 2am.

“But for now, we are working to reveal identities of those behind the attack. We cannot categorically say that it’s Mr A or B.

“We are one, regardless of religious background and people must stop taking laws into their hands.

“The situation is under control, our men are on ground to maintain law and order.”

DAILY POST equally learnt that Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has visited the area.

Ugwuanyi donated the sum of N1million for rebuilding of the mosque.

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by 40kobo77: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
To the Moderators.

Please and please do not ban me. Do not hide my comments too. And please allow me as a detribalised Nigerian to vent out my annoyance here. Thank you.

It shall never be well with Nnamdi Kanu,his supporters and anybody else that supports IPOB's Motto of destruction.

Anybody,or organization that threaten the peaceful existence of Nigeria shall die by FIRE. Anybody that burns any Church or Mosque in Nigeria, in other to start a religious conflict shall die by FIRE.

Nnamdi Kanu be warned. I am climbing the mountain top this night at midnight,and i will burn 21 Red Candles with your name in the middle.

It will never be well with you and your household.

No Innocent Nigerian will die again.

Thank you Moderators, i have finished.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by SODEXSKI(m): 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
OK
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by Homeboiy: 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
tomorrow iam going to ogrute to see it
Ezike oba eklem unu oo

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by cosby02(m): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
IPOB's are very peaceful....they can't do this.
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
cosby02:
IPOB's are very peaceful....they can't do this.
They learned peace from the zoogerian army grin
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by cosby02(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
giftq:

They learned peace from the zoogerian army grin
Which means they are now lesser animals??

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
cosby02:

Which means they are now lesser animals??
You exhibit dullardic tendencies. grin

Are you from daura?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by salford1: 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is an act of terrorism.
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by cosby02(m): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
giftq:

You exhibit dullardic tendencies. grin

Are you from daura?
No
You havent answer my questions
Shay you are learning from the zoo with the intention of becoming an animal??

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
cosby02:

No
You havent answer my questions
Shay you are learning from the zoo with the intention of becoming an animal??
Why are u worried about demolished mosque when zoo soldiers have turned to serial murderers

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by cosby02(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
giftq:

Why are u worried about demolished mosque when zoo soldiers have turned to serial murderers
I was and will never be worried.....was just responding to your comment.
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by 40kobo77: 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
Where Lalasticlacla sef?
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
cosby02:

I was and will never be worried.....was just responding to your comment.
Good.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is an old picture jare
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by gfat11: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
this is serious
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by simultaneousboi(m): 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
40kobo77:
To the Moderators.

Please and please do not ban me. Do not hide my comments too. And please allow me as a detribalised Nigerian to vent out my annoyance here. Thank you.

It shall never be well with Nnamdi Kanu,his supporters and anybody else that supports IPOB's Motto of destruction.

Anybody,or organization that threaten the peaceful existence of Nigeria shall die by FIRE. Anybody that burns any Church or Mosque in Nigeria, in other to start a religious conflict shall die by FIRE.

Nnamdi Kanu be warned. I am climbing the mountain top this night at midnight,and i will burn 21 Red Candles with your name in the middle.

It will never be well with you and your household.

No Innocent Nigerian will die again.

Thank you Moderators, i am finished.

Do u said that u are finished or u have finished? Anyways, ur sense of reasoning is as low as 0.0000000001...
u reason from anus.
So, may sense(not Buharistic sense) fall on u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by muykem: 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
That is trait of Terrorist so no surprise.
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by wisdomguy4u(m): 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
This thread should be removed and the OP banned for misinformation that is capable of causing chaos . imagine ..no source

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by Michael004: 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
wisdomguy4u:
This thread should be removed and the OP banned for misinformation that is capable of causing chaos . imagine ..no source
Sorry. What is the nature of your sickness? Is that your eyes still affecting you?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by 40kobo77: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
simultaneousboi:

Do u said that u are finished or u have finished? Anyways, ur sense of reasoning is as low as 0.0000000001...
u reason from anus.

Use Oil chop yam or use yam chop na the same thing.
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by MicNz(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
There's a thin line between Legal and legitimate.
Biafran actions are legitimate but illegal.
Nigerian Army's re legal but illegitimate.
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by lastmessenger: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
Why you all out to spread yo lies. Those picture you posted yo support your news is an old picture.
Nigerians is really the problem in the country.
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by prolificJosh(m): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
simultaneousboi:

u reason from anus.

See pot calling kettle black���

My friend go and sleep.
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
I Just Weak For This Country
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by reuben79: 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
if northern start there own pls don,t them oooooooo
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by BALLOSKI: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
Really?
Re: Biafra: Tension In Enugu As Suspected IPOB Members Set Mosque Ablaze (PHOTOS) by 40kobo77: 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
Where Lalasticlacla and Mynd44 sef?

(1) (Reply)

Problem Arise In Nigeria As IPOB Begins Data Capturing! / n / A Bigger Problem Awaits Us If We Disintegrate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.