Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Honesty: A Case Study Of Onuja - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honesty: A Case Study Of Onuja (453 Views)

Finding Meaning To Life Using Narrative Experience Of A Farmer As A Case Study / COZA Pastor's Rape Accusation: Before You Join The Band Wagon, Neymar Case Study / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honesty: A Case Study Of Onuja by 0temAtum: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
If someone comes to your shop or office to buy something from you and forgets his purse, what do you do with it when you discovered it? Assuming you opened it and found a huge sum of money in it, would you take that money which isn't yours? Or will you keep the money safe until the owner returns for it?

Onuja and his brothers were faced with this kind of situation. See the DOCTUFOS HISTORY BOOK below:

Doctufos: Otem Erectus 159: 1-16

1. Oyovwu the son of Okuha went and dwelt in Eganihe, which was the land founded by Ohunene the daughter of Itaazi the great hunter and farmer. And Oyovwu married the Eganihites.
3. And he had seven wives and twenty children. And they helped him in the farm. Now a homo came to the farm of Oyovwu with a bag full of cowries. And when he had purchased many bunches of bananas, he forgot his bag in the farm.
4. And the children of Oyovwu saw the bag and were glad when they found many cowries in it. And Isuwa and Adamozi said, let us take the bag away and share the cowries in it. And Onuja disagreed with them.
5. For he said, let us take it back to the homo. For it is good to be honest.
6. And they snatched the bag from Onuja and ran away with it.
7. Now Onuja remained in the farm, working, for their father had given them portions which they must complete.
8. Now the homo returned and found Onuja in the farm. And he said, I left a bag of money in this place. Have you found it?
9. And Onuja said, yes, but my brothers have taken it away. Now go into the town and seek after the house of Oyovwu. And when you have found it, go and get it. But I cannot leave the work which my father has given me.
10. Now the homo went and found the family house of Oyovwu. And he found them while they shared the cowries among themselves. And he collected his bag back.
11. Now when the brothers of Onuja had lost the money, they became angry. And they went with axes and cutlasses. For they were determined to kill Onuja their brother.
12. Now when Onuja saw them, he fled and they chased him. And Onuja was lost in the bush. And when he was tired, he slept off. And when he awoke, he found himself among some unfriendly homos.
13. And they took him and led him to their master who had sent them. And Onuja saw a homo approaching on a horse. And when he came down, he recognised him.
14. And he saw Onuja and said, I shall return you to your house because you have done good to me before. And Onuja feared his brothers. And he said, if I return home they shall kill me.
15. But take me as your child and be my father. And the homo said, if my son is lost, I know how I shall feel. Now climb upon the horseback and I shall return you back to your house. And so he returned Onuja to his house and left him after he had warned all his brothers to deal peacefully with him.
16. And the brothers of Onuja were afraid to speak to him harshly or treat him badly, because they feared the threats of the homo who brought him back.

(1) (Reply)

How Should We Prepare For The Rapture? / I Am Dr Tony L. Warrick, This Is My Salvation Story / First Class Honours, Biblical Road To Academic Excellence (excellent-spirit.com)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.