Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? (2334 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by iphi(m): 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is really boiling me out... I have absolutely nothing but my tithe and i have followed paying my tithe strictly and i have already kept my tithe to pay on Sunday but someone very close to me is in great need of help i have no cash but my tithe, if i help this person with my tithe have i faulted?
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by Bellfun(m): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
You've shown mercy!
You've giving!
You've shown love!
You've shown charity!
That's all that matters!

My brother, nothing do you!
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Your tithe is your Tithe. It's God's Money...
If you must help,do it but Ensure u still pay that Tithe when the money comes....

You can't substitute Tithe for help and vice versa
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by dingbang(m): 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that, you do unto me.

5 Likes

Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
iphi:
This is really boiling me out... I have absolutely nothing but my tithe and i have followed paying my tithe strictly and i have already kept my tithe to pay on Sunday but someone very close to me is in great need of help i have no cash but my tithe, if i help this person with my tithe have i faulted?

why dont you use your BRAIN and decide (for yourself) who needs your money the most...
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
iphi:

no.. not at all.. as a matter of fact i consider you more blessed.. because giving is what we should be doing.. not tithing.. although the final decision is up to you, I'd still encourage you to give like this.. rather than tithing
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by Ayinke93(f): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
I'm sure u are either one brainwashed Christian or a yahoo pastor.. So God comes down to collect tithe from your pastor abi... So you'll watch hunger kill someone that need food and give the money to your overfed pastor... Smh
bedspread:
If you must help,do it but Ensure u still pay that Tithe when the money comes....

3 Likes

Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ayinke93:
I'm sure u are either one brainwashed Christian or a yahoo pastor.. So God comes down to collect tithe from your pastor abi... So you'll watch hunger kill someone that need food and give the money to your overfed pastor... Smh
Ayinke u so quick to open your bucka cavity without Reasoning...
Let me ask you
Have you seen GOD before? But yet you believe there is a GOD.
The same way your own duty is to do wat that Invisible GOD tells you to do.
Pastor chops the money or not does concern you.... Do wat GOD says and Leave Pastor to face GOD'S Judgement when he eats or plays with your Tithe..
"It's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living GOD "
Who on earth will save u from GOD??
Your Tithe is not a gift.... it's GOD's SHARE.... it's not your own...
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by Ayinke93(f): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
I'm really not in d mood to argue with u... Its your money, you are free to do whatsoever with it
bedspread:

Let me ask you
Pastor chops the money or not does concern you.... Do wat GOD says and Leave Pastor to face GOD'S Judgement when he eats or plays with your Tithe..
GOD BLESS YOU

Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ayinke93:
I'm really not in d mood to argue with u... Its your money, you are free to do whatsoever with it
GOOD... BUT PAY YOUR TITHE OOO.... ITS NOT YOUR MONEY... it's GOD'S OWN...
IF YOU DONT YOU ROBBING GOD.
Can a Man Rob GOD? NO....
If GOD ROBS U,you know wat dt means
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:

Let me ask you
GOD BLESS YOU

pls care to share the verse in your holy book that says that you should give your hard earned cash to your favourite fraudster in robe?!

because so far as i know, it is a CHOICE and certainly NOT compulsory, as these thieves in robe had you foolishly believe.

1 Like

Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by Ayinke93(f): 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:
GOOD... BUT PAY YOUR TITHE OOO.... ITS NOT YOUR MONEY... it's GOD'S OWN...
IF YOU DONT YOU ROBBING GOD.
Can a Man Rob GOD? NO....
If GOD ROBS U,you know wat dt means
I don't pay my Tithe to church
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

pls care to share the verse in your holy book that says that you should give your hard earned cash to your favourite fraudster in robe?!
YOU NOT Paying Tithe to your pastor... you paying it to GOD .
GOD IS THE OWNER OF THE CHURCH.. not your pastor.....
Many pastors today are in hell for joking with GOD'S Money...
We all Going to stand b4 GOD individually..
Do your own part and forget about pastor...
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by An2elect2(f): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

because so far as i know, it is a CHOICE and certainly NOT compulsory, as these thieves in robe had you foolishly believe.
grin
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ayinke93:
I don't pay my Tithe to church
then you are opening holes in your pocket....
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by An2elect2(f): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:
Hahaha shame on you!
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

TITHE IS NOT A CHOICE..... it's not your money....
GOD BLESSES YOU and says give me 10% and take 90%.
You are not helping GOD by paying your Tithe... HE IS THE OWNER OF THE EARTH, WEALTH AND RICHES.....
He wants to Bless you more and More. HE NEEDS YOU TO CONFORM WITH THE PRINCIPLE WHICH IS GIVE and it shall be Given to you...
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
An2elect2:
Hahaha shame on you!
YOU THE ONE WITH THE SHAME.... cos you don't know ... and you don't know you don't know...

"MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE " Hosea 4:6
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:

1) god is NOT the owner of the church

2) here is what your holy book says about tithe:
2 Corinthians 9:7 "Each of you should give what YOU have decided in your heart to give, NOT reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

now pls do tell me how did you guys go from the above passage to Tithe being a necessity?!?!?!?!?!?!

bedspread:
TITHE IS NOT A CHOICE..... it's not your money....
GOD BLESSES YOU and says give me 10% and take 90%.
You are not helping GOD by paying your Tithe... HE IS THE OWNER OF THE EARTH, WEALTH AND RICHES.....
He wants to Bless you more and More. HE NEEDS YOU TO CONFORM WITH THE PRINCIPLE WHICH IS GIVE and it shall be Given to you...

see ARRANT RUBBISH from people who obviously have never read the bible.

A) again, pls care to show us all where your in you got the message that your "perfect god" said give me your money (funny how someone who is supposedly perfect in every possible ways, sadly has financial issues and needs 10% of your money)?

B) yes, the message is to GIVE, but certainly NOT to fraudsters in robe. the message is to help people in need, help your brotha/sistas. help the needy/the poor and feed the hungry... there is NOWHERE in the bible where it says you should buy a private jet for some fraudsters in robe.

C) your money is YOUR money and you can do whatever you please with it, and live with the consequences on judgment day. it is NOT compulsory to give your "money"... giving a helping hand is just as valuable, giving advices too, giving your time/knowledge to help others etc
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by popez: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:

Are these your assertions bible based or are they just your mere opinions? Where in the bible did it state expressly that our tithes must be in form of money?

1 Like

Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by Image123(m): 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
iphi:

Very similar to putting in the words "school fees" or "house rent". Very noble thing to do, but of course you know that you still need to settle those later, right? God's burden is light, it's not the load that breaks you but how you carry it.
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by ichuka(m): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:

Are you for real?
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by ichuka(m): 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
dingbang:
Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that, you do unto me.

The OP should follow these path.
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by Ayinke93(f): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
bedspread:
then you are opening holes in your pocket....
na so undecided
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 6:12am On Sep 19, 2017
popez:

Are these your assertions bible based or are they just your mere opinions? Where in the bible did it state expressly that our tithes must be in form of money?
one tenth of watever you Recievce or watever comes to you.
Bros u be FARMER? If yes give your Farm produce na....I and u know you Earn cash, so don't decive yourself.... pay your tithe
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 6:13am On Sep 19, 2017
ichuka:

Are you for real?
Yeah ichuka
See Malachi 3:8-10.
Verse 10 specifically directs where your tithes should be taken to.... it didn't say take your Tithe to give help... tithe is not your Money. If you can understand dt , You will have not any challenge paying it...
Rendering help to the needy or anyone is Wonderful.. it's Good.... it's awesome...You attract GOD'S Hands with dt.
But Tithe is not Rendering Help.. Tithe is NOT YOUR OWN.. THATS GOD'S CASH. You can't Help GOD. Simply obey and put it where he says you should.....
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by popez: 6:29am On Sep 19, 2017
bedspread:
one tenth of watever you Recievce or watever comes to you.
Bros u be FARMER? If yes give your Farm produce na....I and u know you Earn cash, so don't decive yourself.... pay your tithe

Go and read the concept of tithing well. Read Deuteronomy 14:22-29.
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 6:35am On Sep 19, 2017
Young man don't be a False Prophet.. Giving and Tithing are Two different things.
It's great to Give.....it's worth doing.... INFACT to Recive you Have to Give. Whether Rich or poor. And you Give According to your Wat you can. In giving u could be Assiting or Rendering a help...
Tithe is not a HELP. Your Tithe is GOD'S SHARE OF WATEVER YOU RECIEVCE. YOU ARE NOT RENDERING HELP BY PAYING YOUR TITHE... BUT YOU ARE RETURNING TO GOD HIS SHARE OF WHATEVER U RECIEVCE..
YOU CANNOT RECIVE EXCEPT GOD GIVES YOU.... TITHE IS NOT YOUR OWN... ITS GOD'S OWN. AND SHOULD BE PUT WHERE HE INSTRUCTED IT TO BE.
See Malachi 3:8-10.
YOU ROB GOD WHEN YOU DONT PAY UR TITHES... AND NO MAN CAN ROB GOD.
PAYING YOUR TITHE PUTS GOD UNDER AN OAT TO CONFIRM HIS WORDS ABOUT TITHERS IN U.
And as you GOD IS NOT A MAN THAT HE SHOULD LIE
MrBrownJay1:

1) god is NOT the owner of the church

2) here is what your holy book says about tithe:
2 Corinthians 9:7 "Each of you should give what YOU have decided in your heart to give, NOT reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

now pls do tell me how did you guys go from the above passage to Tithe being a necessity?!?!?!?!?!?!

see ARRANT RUBBISH from people who obviously have never read the bible.

A) again, pls care to show us all where your in you got the message that your "perfect god" said give me your money (funny how someone who is supposedly perfect in every possible ways, sadly has financial issues and needs 10% of your money)?

B) yes, the message is to GIVE, but certainly NOT to fraudsters in robe. the message is to help people in need, help your brotha/sistas. help the needy/the poor and feed the hungry... there is NOWHERE in the bible where it says you should buy a private jet for some fraudsters in robe.

C) your money is YOUR money and you can do whatever you please with it, and live with the consequences on judgment day. it is NOT compulsory to give your "money"... giving a helping hand is just as valuable, giving advices too, giving your time/knowledge to help others etc
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by popez: 6:36am On Sep 19, 2017
bedspread:
Yeah ichuka
~See Malachi 3:8-10.
Verse 10 specifically directs where your tithes should be taken to.... it didn't say take your Tithe to give help~... tithe is not your Money. If you can understand dt , You will have not any challenge paying it~...
~Rendering help to the needy or anyone is Wonderful.. it's Good~.... it's awesome...You attract GOD'S Hands with dt~.
~But Tithe is not Rendering Help.. Tithe is NOT YOUR OWN.. THATS GOD'S CASH~. You can't Help GOD. Simply obey and put it where he says you should~.....

This is absolutely wrong. Stop twisting the word of God to suit your selfish purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 6:40am On Sep 19, 2017
popez:

This is absolutely wrong. Stop twisting the word of God to suit your selfish purposes.
You the one Doing EXACTLY wat you just said here... you wanna suit your Selfish purpose....
You can Decive yourself...
You cannot Decive GOD....
Pay your Tithe so you Don't the yourself unnecessarily and start accusing your villagers of holding your finace
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by popez: 6:57am On Sep 19, 2017
bedspread:
You the one Doing EXACTLY wat you just said here... you wanna suit your Selfish purpose....
You can Decive yourself...
You cannot Decive GOD....
Pay your Tithe so you Don't the yourself unnecessarily and start accusing your villagers of holding your finace

Ok sir. Please could you explain these bible verses to us? This is Deuteronomy 14:22-29.

The Law of the Tithe

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the
Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the
Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the
Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the
Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Re: Have I Faulted By Using My Tithe To Help Someone In Need? by bedspread: 7:07am On Sep 19, 2017
popez:

Ok sir. Please could you explain these bible verses to us? This is Deuteronomy 14:22-29.

The Law of the Tithe

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the
Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the
Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the
Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the
Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Bro, ARE YOU IN SAMBISA PRESENTLY OR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR CHURCH

AT LEAST I SEE YOU HAVE INTERNET WHERE YOU ARE, THEREFORE YOU COULD DO A TRANSFER OF YOUR TITHE TO YOUR CHURCH ACCOUNT....

The scripture is saying the same thing...
In the Event that you are totally off a church or your church... Do wat the Bible says

(1) (2) (Reply)

White People Didn't Write The Bible / Do Religious Differences Matter In Relationships? / Why Doesn't God Heal Everyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.