Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,981 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Governor Udom Commends Pdp For Peaceful Primaries Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Udom Commends Pdp For Peaceful Primaries Akwa Ibom (344 Views)

Burundi: Goodluck Jonathan Mourns Nkurunziza, Prays For Peaceful Transition / Akpabio: I Was Called Killer Herdsman By Men Of God After I Dumped PDP For APC / PDP To Buhari: For Peaceful Polls, Let IG Retire Jan 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Udom Commends Pdp For Peaceful Primaries Akwa Ibom by fredfish: 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
GOVERNOR UDOM COMMENDS PDP FOR PEACEFUL PRIMARIES AKWA IBOM

Governor udom Emmanuel has commended the manner the PDP conducted her Local Government Election Primaries in all centres in the state, saying the primaries were generally peaceful.

Governor Udom gave the commendation in Onna shortly after the emergence of Mr. Imoh Attad as the flag bearer of the party in the area. 

The Governor who himself was a delegate at the primary expressed a commitment to upholding internal democracy within the PDP as such is the only way to strengthen the party.

He noted that the democratic process was thorough and such should be emulated in subsequent situations.

“This is a very peaceful primaries and this is what we expected. Let me clear one doubt, those who are close to me will tell you I don't see white and call back. There is no single delegate in this room that I have ever appointed or even known before today. When we met in the Banquet Hall, they were 5 and today, they have increased to 10. I want to say a big congratulations to all of them.”

He further stressed on the need to work together to build the Party and grow the economy as everyone has got a stake in Government.

“Let me also say something about things like this; it doesn't end today. For coming out, I mean there are so many other things. Let's continue to work together. Onna is one and we are all together.”

“The person that is nominated today will find a way to work with all of you closely. All of you are nice people. I will also have a closed door meeting with him.”

The Governor said, “We will do what is to be done so that there could be absolute peace. Today, it is his turn, next time will be another person's turn, so don't feel bad at all.”

Governor Udom also tasked all appointees and elected officers in the state to give back to the local societies they come from by instituting empowerment packages.

“I had a meeting with the appointees. If you are an appointee or one or two things you are doing for the Government, don't wait for me to come back home. It is left for you people to come back home and make work easier for me. I want to say a Big Congratulations to Hon. Imoh Attad and I am sure he will do well.”

Hon Attad on his part promised to represent the interest of the people and work together with everyone to create a positive image for Onna, with a drive for youth and women empowerment. He also promised to work assiduously to return Mr. Udom Emmanuel to power as Governor come 2019.

“I never thought I will have so many votes. For my colleagues, friends and sisters who took part in the election, I want to assure you that there is no Victor, there is no Vanquish.”

We will all work together to develop Onna. I want to say a big Thank You to His Excellency for having time to come here and witness the election. I thank all of you and I promise I will not fail you,” Attad said.

Ndifreke P. Akpan
(Govt House)

Re: Governor Udom Commends Pdp For Peaceful Primaries Akwa Ibom by Cameleon72(f): 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

So What's Next For Nigeria? / Governor Ortom Has Not Been Paid For Over Five Months-tarhav Agerzua / IDP Couple Welcome Triplets,Named Them Afta Gov Shettima,His Wife & Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.