Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves (1633 Views)

Why Do Dominicans Deny They Are Black? / Why Women Hate Themselves / “I Don’t Give My Instagram To Black People" - White Model To Black Photographer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 19, 2017
Just like Malcom X, I really don't know who taught a lot of black folks to hate themselves. These self-hating lots blame every negative situation on the color of their skin and make reference to it for virtually everything in life. What I find more annoying is the fact that they use the phrase "we blacks" whenever they want to display this ignorance and stupidity. Yo, speak for your darn self. undecided

Countless times, I've heard people credit every scientific invention to white people with little or no effort at all to run background checks. Edison holds the patent for the invention of the light bulb, I presume we were all told that blah-blah-blah story of how he tried numerous times and failed but later made a breakthrough as a result of his "diligence" and "resilience". Can't really blame the teachers because they probably regurgitated whatever their own teachers told them. A black scientist called Latimer has unfortunately been sidelined in this story, Latimer invented the carbon filament with which Edison modified his light bulb. Edison's initial choice was platinum (which is expensive and low in resistance). Unfortunately, many have fallen victims of obscurantism out of their lack of enthusiasm.

Now, if you're reading this, it's time to find out how much you really know your own people. Here is a short list of inventions by black people:

1. Traffic light - Garret Morgan (1923) . [Yikes, I bet you didn't know that]

2. CCTV - Marie Van Brittan Brown

3. Laser Cataract Surgery - Patricia Bath

4. Touch-Tone Phone - Shirley Ann Jackson

5. 3D Special Effects - Marc Hannah. This is actually a shared glory because Marc Hannah is a co-founder of Silicon Graphics Incorporation. Thanks to this, you have Moana, Beauty and the beast, Jurassic Park, Frozen, Zootopia, Sing, Legend of the guardians and other great 3D cartoons/movies/games.

6. Gas Mask - Garret Morgan . Remember this man invented the traffic light? He also invented the Gas Mask.

7. Automatic Gear Shifter - Richard Bowie Spikes. Driving a car with a manual gear is a little complex and harder to learn compared to the automatic gear. Richard Bowie Spikes is the reason you can drive an "automatic car". Did you know that?

The list is long.

Now, why did I create this thread? Kindly watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG7U1QsUd1g

It's a minute long and should probably cost you about 3 MB of your data. It really made me see inferiority complex and self-hate from an entirely different angle. If these kids can show such behaviors in a simple psychological experiment, then I don't just understand what is wrong with the black race.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 19, 2017
Moving on, it has come to my attention that some Muslims tend to justify inferiority complex with religion. I don't know about other Muslim outside Nigeria but I've noticed this in a lot of Muslims around me. Whenever they see giant machineries, technology and so on, they say "Awon oyinbo yi ti lo, Olorun gan so ninu Al Qur'an wipe owun ti gbe agbara fun won" meaning "White people are smarter than us, even Allah Himself said he made them the most powerful". Now, as ignorant and delusional as this sounds, what I find more annoying is the fact the "agbara" (i.e Power) in that statement is actually a subtle metaphor. The agbara there refers not to weightlifting power or might, but brain power These are the same black people who have been taught to hate jews because a book or man cursed them. They've been blindly dragged into the Arab-Yahudi feud that has existed for thousands of years. This situation is similar to a case whereby a man from China takes side with an igbo man (by default) in an Afonja-Igbo online banter. Ask them to describe the Malaikas (Angels), and from their description of a man with large wings, dark flowing nice hair, fair skin tone and "handsomeness", it wouldn't take you a minute to figure they're describing a white man.

Same thing actually goes for the Christians. I've had a lot of night vigil and church flyers handed to me, but I've never seen an illustration of the angel being black. Never! Ask any young or old religious individual to describe what God probably looks like, trust me, he/she will describe a white man.

We live in a whitewashed world and the ignorance of black people is just too alarming.

So I helped myself to the Nairaland search bar to find the Uncle Toms / Uncle Ruckus of Nairaland. Take a look at the comments below:

JPENG:

whats ur problem self.. why u blacks no just get joy for good tinx like ds..
abi na person say make u neva get better relationship at d age of 42.
greatnaija01:
at least the whites capture it and upload it for us to see BUT nigerians and other blacks do not have time to notice signs above
ZUBY77:
My stand all this while.

I am Igbo and I have always said it that I would even like the entire Africa to become one sovereign nation.
The bigger the better. My problem is that blacks are not good at managing themselves.
Everyone suspects everyone and that is bad.
Benz4pimp:
2017 and some peepz are still dumb to believe wrestling is really!!!! Now I know why we are called blacks Please Nairalanders, what has this sh¡t got to do with being black? undecided
seguno2:

Why do blacks think as if their brains are on the soles of their feet?
How much should the salary of our president be in our country of N18,000?
Please check inside the brain of your head before you reply.
Thanks.
BiafraIShere:
I don't know why blacks don't reason, Nigeria is so messed up that this country can never develop even in a hundred years time. In sane climes they would have had a sober reflection and make radical changes but here they keep sweeping everything under the carpet and still wondering why poverty and destruction has remained their lot.

They only postponed the doomsday by using massive force of suppression on an otherwise peaceful agitators while fulani terrorists are given covert support with state resources.

The zoo will still break up in no distant time. I just pray my brothers will divest from other regions, especially the north and bring such investments home.

USELESS COUNTRY!!!
heendrix:

Truth be told you've said the truth no lie blacks have problems worldwide sometimes I do believe black are cursed even from creation
TheKingdom:
Those who are saying "teach them a lesson" are really folks who dont have a clue as to how to transform the Nigger Area into a better country. Instead they get jealous and defensive when other promising people are willing to make a sacrifice to turn their homelands into a place where human beings can live like humans and not like animals.

That is the problem in Black Africa. Like Kanu said, Blacks have a large reservoir of greed and JEOLOUSY
LordsApostle:
you don't understand do you? You blacks are all savages...
The only difference between those boiz and the military men are the guns they are holding, if they start insurgency those military men cannot stand them.. We should be sensible enough. The same way Boko Haram started small, these military men formed Boss and massacred them, when they came reinforced, they (military) started running and removing their uniforms, and claiming they didn't have weapons to fight.
Things are not done this way, don't give people reasons to take up arms, else everyone suffers..
LordsApostle:
black animals everywhere...

My greatest cursebis being a black man..
blacks are just savage animals with nothing good ever coming out from them

The list is long...

4 Likes

Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Martinez19(m): 12:34am On Sep 19, 2017
Lol. All these doesn't change the fact that blacks hate themselves. Some blacks are intelligent and exceptional but still blacks hate themselves.
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by blackylola(m): 12:43am On Sep 19, 2017
Hate speech
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by kalufelix(m): 12:56am On Sep 19, 2017
Check The African Leaders Both Past, Present And Potential You'll Realize That Yes Blacks Are EVIL
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by inkdbetty(f): 1:23am On Sep 19, 2017
I told my little cousin he is black and he denied it. He does not even understand 'race'. I don't he will for a long time.
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 19, 2017
inkdbetty:
I told my little cousin he is black and he denied it. He does not even understand 'race'. I don't he will for a long time.
That's an entirely different thing miss. In this video, you can see the kids deciding which doll is good or bad based on what the dolls look like. This disgusting act is what metamorphoses in their mind and manifests as their penchant for light skin, hence their obsession with hydroquinone and bleaching creams. This is evident in the likes of Nicki Minaj and Vera Sidika who had an overkill of "skin treatment"and lightened their skin to look more "beautiful and attractive".

5 Likes

Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by inkdbetty(f): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2017
neoOduduwa:
That's an entirely different thing miss. In this video, you can see the kids deciding which doll is good or bad based on what the dolls look like. This disgusting act is what metamorphoses in their mind and manifests as their penchant for light skin, hence their obsession with hydroquinone and bleaching creams. This is evident in the likes of Nicki Minaj and Vera Sidika who had an overkill of "skin treatment"and lightened their skin to look more "beautiful and attractive".

I understand what the video meant, but i just felt like its something i should mention. He too sees black as something bad and unattractive too though..
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
inkdbetty:

I understand what the video meant, but i just felt like its something i should mention. He too sees black as something bad and unattractive too though..
Wow. Start giving him orientations about his race.

4 Likes

Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
Its a demon that possesses all black people. A curse.
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Friedyokes: 10:13am On Sep 20, 2017
Muafrika2:
Its a demon that possesses all black people. A curse.
thoughts like this is why we are where we are today ....rather than tackle a problem you are looking for the spiritual aspects and that's BS

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Wulfruna(f): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2017
Yes, black people have been socially and historically conditioned to hate themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by skressed1: 4:48am On Oct 04, 2017
Yes. And each other hence the silly inter-tribal mentality where tribes dislike each other and pick at such stupid things like that doesn’t change the fact they’re still nigga
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by deedeedee1: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
Wulfruna:
Yes, black people have been socially and historically conditioned to hate themselves.
Yes you are right, black people hate themselves, that is why World war 1 and 2 were fought by them. Armenian genocide, the Holocaust, Ukranian genocide, Indonesian genocide, and the recent myanmar genocide were all executed by black people.
Black people are the only wicked and hateful souls on earth.
You are very right.

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Wulfruna(f): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
deedeedee1:

Yes you are right, black people hate themselves, that is why World war 1 and 2 were fought by them. Armenian genocide, the Holocaust, Ukranian genocide, Indonesian genocide, and the recent myanmar genocide were all executed by black people.
You are very right.

First, shelve the sarcasm.

Second, you see all these things you were saying about wars and genocides? That's what is called a straw man. Look it up if you don't know what it means.
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by Probz(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Wulfruna:

First, shelve the sarcasm.

Second, you see all these things you were saying about wars and genocides? That's what is called a straw man. Look it up if you don't know what it means.

Nne, don’t mind him.
Re: Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves by jesmond3945: 6:38pm On May 26, 2019
deedeedee1:

You are very right.
you cannot compare genocide which is a tribe issue with hatred for one's skin colour.

(1) (Reply)

Have Any Of You Visited A Yoruba Priest / 12 Things That Black People Do Today That They Learned During Slavery / Compound Wives ( Olóbìnrin - Ilé ) In Oyan, Southwest Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.