Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe (13280 Views)

Aishah Ahmad, CBN Deputy Governor In Charge Of Financial System Stability / Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turns To FG For Evacuation To Nigeria / How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by captleonerd(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2017
a lot of the olodos above don't even understand what the write up is saying. people are buying dollars and taking the cash overseas. not government officials

illiteracy is a disease. the olodos are already shouting APC

1 Like

Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by bigtt76(f): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2017
That is ehhh ...Nigeria and coining of phrase are just like this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3717962_parallel_jpeg85e352dad89b950c847aa38789617f9c

Settingz321:
Evacuation is the word they choose again
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2017
captleonerd:
a lot of the olodos above don't even understand what the write up is saying. people are buying dollars and taking the cash overseas. not government officials

Who are the majority of the 'people' if not the useless corrupt politicians that have looted $400 billion dollars since independence. I hope the BMC is paying you enough to come to the defence of APC all time,clown!
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by verygudbadguy(m): 7:59am On Sep 19, 2017
Nbote:
So is it d previous govt dat is still evacuating dollars now abi it's d ghost of d govt??

And d practice is not corruption abi??
Did you read my post at all? Did you see anything about Jonathan or Buhari administration on it.

I have drawn the public's eye to the round tripping going on in the parallel market.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2017
I don't understand why people are shouting APC is corrupt? Based on what I read
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Nbote(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Did you read my post at all? Did you see anything about Jonathan or Buhari administration on it.

I have drawn the public's eye to the round tripping going on in the parallel market.

I read d post very well and my question to ur post was if d practice of round tripping is a corrupt one...
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Guys above me do not understand what the ABCON Chief is talking about but immediately booked spots. Is Seun going to give you money for occupying those positions.

ABCON has been on review case with CBN for some weeks now because the trade is not as profitable as it used to be. We buy from CBN at 360 and sell at 362-365. They have been clamouring for a review of rate since the CBN dropped Banks buying rate to 357 but still retained that of BDCs at 360.

One thing is not clear to the ABCON Chairman yet. They are not only taking dollars and other currencies to Dubai but the round tripping is also viable in Benin Republic. Our borders are so porous that a large sum of cash can be worn on the body and immigration won't even know.

So you're just making deliberately trying to twist a clear and concise news, written in plain English. Is your father or you among those carting away dollars to Dubai?
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2017
fidalgo19:
I don't understand why people are shouting APC is corrupt? Based on what I read
This is happening under APC goverment and mostly political exposed people. Who gets dollars below the market rate if not politicians and their cronies.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by kenostika(m): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2017
And who are they?the corrupt politicians,APC party members and their allies,diverting public funds and loans while the Nation keep borrowing,deceiving themselves of fighting corruption.Ask urself what are they using the borrowed money for?.Nobody cares,Nigeria is a jungle.All man for himself.They ship money out to develop other countries,buying properties/investing in Dubai and US while Nigeria continues to degenerate.If you think you hate Nigeria then u are in for a shocker beccause the politicians and elites capable of changing it,hate it more than the masses so they can never bother themselves to improve or develop Nigeria.This is 2017,yet no electricity in a country with crude oil and coal.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by verygudbadguy(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2017
Nbote:

I read d post very well and my question to ur post was if d practice of round tripping is a corrupt one...
It is corruption. Our constitution states clearly that you can't move more than 10,000 USD in cash in and out of the country.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2017
See the write up is clear.
He actually used a word called hawala.He means hawala system is part of the reasons naira is not appreciating.

Hawala is a method of transferring money without any actual movement.In other words,Hawala is "money transfer without money movement." Transactions between Hawala brokers are done without promissory notes because the system is heavily based on trust.

It means that Mr A in Dubai who needs dollar over there will buy it at high rate from hawala agent there,but its paid over here in naira by Mr A....so the agent here can afford to buy another dollar again at high rate.

Hope this helps.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by louqas: 8:33am On Sep 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Hmmmmmmm madam Kemi your attention is needed!
Illegal dollars to Dubai How With all these saints as ministers

Are you okay?
where In the article was it stated that the illegal evacuation of dollars is done by ministers ?
Everyone knows the speculators are those pdp thieves who stole all our dollars and are looking for a way to launder it.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by indomitable234: 8:34am On Sep 19, 2017
This guy is saying the truth ,if u travel to Dubai to get goods you will understand what this guy is saying I was in Dubai July after purchasing all th goods I came to buy a client got an order of abt 20000usd he paid the naira equivalent to my account I called my agent that I needed dollars he gave me one aboki account to transfer the equivalent after transferring the aboki brought equivalent to me in dollars,sometimes the rate are even cheaper in Dubai compared to the local rate there are times when our guys there have excess dollars before I travel sometimes I will call agent in Dubai to give me rate if naira to dollars is cheaper over there I transfer to them and once I get to Dubai I pick up the dollars from my agents
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Reference(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2017
Its your country. You want it that way so....enjoy.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by positivetaught: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2017
APC are just too good at cooking up excuses to exonerate themselves n buck passed!,if you are aware of the so call illegal evacuations,why not take the appropriate measures instead of this grammatical inventions to paint yourselves with fake righteousness,you think we can't see through you, just keep fooling yourselves.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by captleonerd(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2017
DutchBruh:

Who are the majority of the 'people' if not the useless corrupt politicians that have looted $400 billion dollars since independence. I hope the BMC is paying you enough to come to the defence of APC all time,clown!
so anyone who tries to be objective is BMC? use your head and stop acting like a mor0n. your fellow ignoramuses up there are assuming APC is shipping dollars to Dubai without understanding the write up and I only made a correction.

BTW check my post history again. I bet you'd find post where I canvassed for a better candidate in 2019.

you are the real clown for foolishly assuming APC is paying me to defend them. get lost kid
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2017
louqas:

where In the article was it stated that the illegal evacuation of dollars is done by ministers ?
Everyone knows the speculators are those pdp thieves who stole all our dollars and are looking for a way to launder it.

How is it getting outside of the country if all and sundry is doing their job right as claimed?
Please enlighten me sir

1 Like

Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Nbote(m): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2017
verygudbadguy:

It is corruption. Our constitution states clearly that you can't move more than 10,000 USD in cash in and out of the country.

Exactly... Dats now d point
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by verygudbadguy(m): 10:31am On Sep 19, 2017
Nbote:

Exactly... Dats now d point
But i never mentioned that it was not corruption. I only pointed other ways the Round trippers have been going about their illegal business.
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by 400billionman: 10:47am On Sep 19, 2017
captleonerd:

Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by bakila: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2017
captleonerd:

Abi oh, they just want a topic around corruption is this Government. They fail to see it is all about folks who want to sabotage the government from loots they have stashed over time.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by louqas: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

How is it getting outside of the country if all and sundry is doing their job right as claimed?
Please enlighten me sir

Ask google
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
captleonerd:
so anyone who tries to be objective is BMC? use your head and stop acting like a mor0n. your fellow ignoramuses up there are assuming APC is shipping dollars to Dubai without understanding the write up and I only made a correction.

BTW check my post history again. I bet you'd find post where I canvassed for a better candidate in 2019.

you are the real clown for foolishly assuming APC is paying me to defend them. get lost kid
BMC
Re: Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
louqas:

Ask google
Then don't speak of what you are ignorant about better still avoid quoting me next time, unless your IQ is high.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why we won’t devalue naira – CBN / World ('diaspora') Remittances In The World From 2010 / What Business Can I Start With Little Capital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.