Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (294 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today by Skyfornia(m): 7:34am On Sep 19, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

THEME: STABILIZING YOURSELF AT YOUR HIGHEST LEVEL OF FAITH .

Tuesday, September 19th .
Pastor Chris

OPENING SCRIPTURE: But ye, beloved, BUILDING UP yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost (Jude 1:20).

There’s a big difference between the verse above and what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14:4 which reads, “He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself….” The word “edify” in 1 Corinthians 14:4 means to build yourself up; it also means to charge yourself. However, what Jude was talking about is akin to building a super structure, when he said, “...BUILDING UP yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost” (Jude 1:20).

The Greek word translated “building up” is “epoikodomeo,” and it means to build on something that already exists. So Jude, by the Holy Spirit, is talking about building a super structure on something that’s already there. So, by telling you to build up yourself on your most holy faith, it means the most holy faith that he was referring to is already there.

That “most holy faith” refers to your highest faith; your most sanctified faith; the topmost level of faith that you’ve attained at any given time. He says build on it by speaking in tongues; don’t go below it. You know, we experience faith at different levels from time to time. Sometimes, we experience a very high level of faith, and some other times, our faith seems to go a little lower than usual.

However, by speaking in tongues often, you build yourself up on that highest level of faith that you attained, and it becomes the benchmark. The next time, that highest level of faith becomes your lowest faith. Then, you operate from there, and get to another high level of faith, and keep building on it.

It’s one of the reasons we emphasize speaking in tongues. As you receive God’s Word, your faith comes to a peak, but you build on it; you stabilize at that topmost level of faith through praying in tongues. At that level, no adversity, challenges, problems can pose a threat to you, for you’ve risen above them. Do this and watch your life grow remarkably.

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the privilege of the heavenly vocabulary, which you’ve given me to build up myself on my highest level of faith. My faith is the victory that overcomes the world! And as I pray in tongues, I mount up with wings as eagles, soaring in victory above challenges and adversities, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
1 Corinthians 14:2-4 AMP For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding]. 3 But [on the other hand], the one who prophesies [who interprets the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching] speaks to men for their upbuilding and constructive spiritual progress and encouragement and consolation. 4 He who speaks in a [strange] tongue edifies and improves himself, but he who prophesies [interpreting the divine will and purpose and teaching with inspiration] edifies and improves the church and promotes growth [in Christian wisdom, piety, holiness, and happiness].

Romans 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Galatians 3:26-4:1-20,
Isaiah 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 23:34-43,
2 Samuel 11-12

(1) (Reply)

Faith In God Releases Three Dimensions Of Strength / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Fulani Herdsmen May Wipe Out Other Ethnic Groups In Nigeria - Rev. Pam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.