Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Joy To The World - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Joy To The World (8939 Views)

Unexpected Joy At Dawn (2018 Edition) By Alex Agyei Pdf Copy Needed / Do Not Crash-read! By Joy A. Adewumi / Joy Akosa: What Fake Earring Did To My Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joy To The World by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
I kinna suspect Ada's husband i dont knw y i suspect him bt there sumtin abt dat guy...

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by crislyn(f): 12:06am On Sep 27, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
I kinna suspect Ada's husband i dont knw y i suspect him bt there sumtin abt dat guy...
But his character just came into view now, and nothing much was said about him to make him a suspect to the murder.

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
crislyn:

But his character just came into view now, and nothing much was said about him to make him a suspect to the murder.
U knw wat i suspect everybody

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by crislyn(f): 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
Hahahaha issorite...lemme come and be going before i become a suspect too.

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
crislyn:

Hahahaha issorite...lemme come and be going before i become a suspect too.
Lmfao

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by piroux(f): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hello everyone, thanks for reading.
Re: Joy To The World by piroux(f): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Pst Okusanya

“Praise the lord!” He shouted into the mike that Sunday morning, the day following the reports of Joy’s death in the papers.

“Hallelujah!” his congregation responded joyously. In the past few weeks, they had witnessed the depressed mood of their pastor and were really encouraged by his shining happy face that morning.

“I want to thank God for his mercies towards me, my family, you and your family members,” he said grinning “God has been so good,” he continued as the congregation clapped.

“You might have noticed in the past few weeks that I have not been acting like myself, well it was because the devil wanted to take away my happiness,” he paused to allow his congregation their horrified looks and curses at the devil ….”But the only spirit has taken care of it. Praise the lord,” he shouted again.

“Halleluyah!!” they responded. Although pastor did not give the congregants details but they knew what the devil and his cohorts were capable of. Weren’t they the ones who caused all the problems in the world?

It was a very satisfied Pastor Okusanya who entered his office after service ended. All was well with the world again. Thank you Lord, he thought to himself, only to encounter his 19 years old son sitting in the visitor’s seat across his huge marble table.

“Denrele, what happened?”, he asked when he saw his son’s eyes, he hadn’t seen the boy in three days as he had organized a personal vigil for himself and at been in church praying for those days.

“I know daddy…. I know”, his son replied, his eyes red. “I heard your fake testimony on the altar…”

“What do you know?” He asked gently, coming closer so his son would reduce his voice.

“I know about Aunty Joy!!” the boy shouted anyway

Fear darkened Pastor’s eye, “What do you know?” he asked as sweat pooled under his 57,000 naira suit

“I know everything”, his son answered “you, you that you always preach to us about lusts of the flesh, about giving in to satan, so you slept with her?”

“No, no no, whatever you heard, walahi, I did not touch that girl!” he denied hotly.

“Stop lying jare! I saw your message, I saw that she was going to blackmail you, I read your email”

“Why did you read my mail?” He latched onto the one thing he could control.

“Don’t even try to change the subject or I will call Mummy, Teni and Juwon here, I used your mail to apply for that visa, I couldn’t access my own and I remembered I was the one who opened your own for you so I went to use it only for me to read her message.”

“Daddy…,” he cried, disillusioned by the father he had trusted his entire life “…… are you the father of her daughter? Was she telling the truth?”

“Yes…” Pastor Okusanya answered, looking at the ground, ashamed.

“Ha, daddy!” he shouted, tears streaming down his face, “Why?”

“It was the devil, I swear….”

“Stop swearing!” his son shouted angrily, very much the one in control.

“I couldn’t help myself……., she came to me for prayers so she could get pregnant and before I knew what was happening, we did it…..”

“Did what, where?”

“Here, in the office but just like 3 or four times, later she told me she was pregnant but when I insisted she abort it, she refused, said her husband had just bought her a house that I shouldn’t worry. I repented of my sin, Denrele……. I never touched her again, God has forgiven me, please understand. That girl is devilish, a couple of weeks ago, she started disturbing me that her husband was suspicious, that I must help her”
“I didn’t want to involve myself in it but then she started blackmailing me that I must pay 15 million naira or she will tell everybody, I didn’t want to lose everything I had worked hard for so I planned to raise the money and give her but I wasn’t sure she wouldn’t blackmail me again so I started praying for God to take control and he did……….. God has forgiven me”

“Daddy, did you kill her?” His son asked quietly.

“No, no, I didn’t! You have to believe me!!” He begged, “See, it was her husband, I am telling you….. she told me he used to beat her all the time and he threatened to kill her too.” Yes, Joy had told him her husband threatened to kill her but she had never said anything about him beating her. His son did not have to know the truth.

“Please don’t tell your mother or your brother or your sister….” He cried desperately.

“Then better tell mummy yourself or i will and stop giving untrue testimonies up and down on God’s holy place………., and daddy……” he said as he stood up, “I will never trust you again, never!”

He left the office to the sound of his father weeping.

Dr Oliver Sunmola

He walked into his big office on Tuesday afternoon and went straight to his seat. He couldn’t believe the events that happened during the weekend. He had seen Joy about a week ago when she came to ask for help about what to do concerning the ultimatum her husband had given her, he had told her to tell him the truth but she had refused and now she was dead. Who else would have killed her except her husband?
He put his elbows on his desk and rested his head in the palm of his hands, feeling confused and scared. How did I get myself into this mess, how, God, I look to you, deliver me.

He knew how his mates and clients had envied him when he started his fertility clinic and got the support of a man like Alade Haastrup over 20 years ago. Little did he know that he was only laying his bed down with the devil. He had done something terrible and he didn’t know how to correct it. What was he supposed to have said? No? Chief would have had one of his men kill him and bury his body in the canal.

”Dear lord, what have I gotten myself into?”

Just then, the landline on his table rang

“Yes?” he inquired after he picked.

“Sir, Mr Haastrup…. Sir, he’s…” His secretary mumbled into the phone. He understood though.

He dropped the phone and ran to the door, he didn’t get there before Tunmise came in, furious and holding a gun, locking the door behind him.

“You have a lot of explaining to do, doctor” he said as the good doctor started sweating.

“I just returned from a visit to another fertility doctor to inquire about my health because I could not trust you anymore….”, he said gritting his teeth. “You said my wife and I were fine years ago but my wife, my own wife had 2 children for me that weren’t mine. Do you know how that makes me feel?”

Dr Sunmola shook his head, “Let me explain….”

“I am not done. When we found out Toluwanimi was AS, which was strange considering my wife and I were both AA genotype, who did I come to for a confirmation and a DNA test? Who?” He shouted waving the gun in Dr Sunmola’s face.

“Me, sir, me.”

“What did you tell me?” he asked as he cocked the gun.

“I told you… I told you…….” Dr Sunmola tried to talk as spittle gathered in his mouth.

“You said he was my child, you said they were both mine but I didn’t trust you so I went out to do another test a month ago and I was right, I had been cuckolded!”

“But I started thinking, why will I be married and my 2 children won’t be mine? None of my girlfriends has ever had a child for me so I went for a test at yet another centre, to check myself and I got the results this morning!”

“Dr Sunmola….,” he asked with tears gathering in his eyes, “did you know I couldn’t father a child? Did your tests, which you carried out on me not show that as a result of the infection I had as a teenager, I would never have children?”

“They did, they did!” Doctor Sunmola admitted crying.

“So that means you knowingly allowed my wife cheat me!”

“No, no it’s not like that…..” he denied hotly.

“Then what is it?!!” Tunmise shouted.

“It was your father!” Dr Sunmola said as he could see his death in Tunmise’s eyes.

“My father did what?” He shouted, pointing the gun at him.

“Your father……..” there were knocks at the door.

“Dr Sunmola, are you okay?” The head of security asked through the door.

“Yes!” he replied, not willing to take the chance they would not open the door in time. “If you promise not to kill me, I will tell you the truth” He negotiated.

“Okay”, Tunmise conceded, tucking the gun into his pockets, “what happened?”

“Your father came to me before you married, he told me you couldn’t have children, you had been diagnosed years ago but he didn’t want you to know. He told me he had recommended me to you where you would do your tests with your wife to be and that I was to tell you that you were both okay” “I couldn’t say no so I did what he asked. When you and Joy came, I told you you were both fine”

“Are you saying both Joy and my father knew this and they didn’t tell me?”

“Yes, sir. Yes. But your father had a solution; he was supposed to get Joy pregnant himself!”

“What?!!!” Tunmise screamed “He was going to implant my wife?”

“I don’t know the plan, I assumed they would bring me semen from your father but they never did. Last month, your father also called about the results and he was shocked when I told him the children were not his either so I’m assuming…”

“Oh God….” Tunmise said as he fell into a chair, “my father was sleeping with my wife… O my God, and he’s not their father either?”

Abruptly he stood up and slammed out of the office. Dr Sunmola picked himself together, packed his little belongings and ran out, intending to leave the state with his family members.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joy To The World by crislyn(f): 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
Omo see gobe. I can't get enough of this mehn..piroux where have u been all my days on NL?

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by queenitee(f): 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
Tor shey you sha did not suspect me?

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by queenitee(f): 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Mehn, don't trust no one

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by queenitee(f): 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
crislyn:
Omo see gobe. I can't get enough of this mehn..piroux where have u been all my days on NL?
Mine too.

2 Likes

Re: Joy To The World by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
queenitee:

Tor shey you sha did not suspect me?
Sis u knw say i no fit suspect u u b my person nw

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Everybody cum nd see gobe lol this sh*t is bleeped up...na wa even pastor and father-in-law self do hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by itsandi(m): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
Wow! Read cool stories on Tushstories via

tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Joy To The World by piroux(f): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
Morroga

He sat down in the large, air-conditioned space directly outside Chief’s office that was reserved for them alone. By them he was referring to himself, Prado, Hencho and Hazim. The guys were playing cards but he sat behind his desk incredibly worried about the entire issue of the Boss’ daughter- in- law. His findings suggested that the Boss’ son, Mr Tunmise most probably killed his wife but he couldn’t see any gain to the vicious murder for the guy, or was he missing something?

He watched Hazim, the handsome playboy, Hencho, the faithful dog, Prado, the big brute and he scratched his head again. Of all of them, he knew he was the smartest, hell, everyone knew that and the boss never hesitated to give him the most complex jobs. Not only because of his brains of course but also his looks. He looked so neat, tidy and non-threatening; hence he always got the job done as people usually didn’t suspect him.

He had a problem now and didn’t know who to tell. If he told Prado, who he was closest to, he would laugh out loud. If he told Hencho, the idiot will run to the boss. And Hazim was out, the fool couldn’t find his own shoes in the dark. So who would he discuss the possibility that the boss’ son murdered his wife with?

He just couldn’t piece it together, Tunmise had lots of reasons to kill his wife but he had no reason to do it before the elections. As far as the elections were concerned, without this messy case, he would have been a shoo-in for the position he sought as they had since helped him take care of his only real competition. Now, with suspicion strongly resting on him, he was going to have plenty of problems except if he could convince the electorate that he didn’t do it.

He couldn’t honestly say he liked Tunmise Haastrup as a person, the slowpoke had the depth of a puddle and was selfish, add that to the ridiculous pride he had and the fact that he relied on his father for everything, the result was an immature, incompetent buffoon. Yet, without the murder, people would probably have voted him based on the impressions they had about him, then again, people were very stupid.

He hadn’t foreseen this kind of life when he graduated from the University of Ilorin 5 years ago. There, he had only been an inconsequential member of a barely existent cult and hadn’t expected much out of it. However after searching for a job for over a year and with his depth and hunger piling, he had accepted the offer of Prado, his friend’s older brother to be the brains behind their robberies. He had felt he didn’t have a choice so he agreed; turned out he had a natural flair for it.

With his incredible thinking ability and smarts, he had been able to organize their team of seven to commit several high stakes robberies that went without hitches until they were caught two years ago and four of them killed. The boss had however gotten their portfolio from an high ranking police officer and offered to rescue Prado who was a known killer. It was Prado who helped him by encouraging Chief to secure his release.

He was so grateful, he had been willing to do anything. Well, it wasn’t long before he was organizing assassinations of opponents and enemies. In truth, he had never used a gun but he was such a vital part of the team that without him, the entire team would stumble. The boss valued him greatly and left him in the office behind a desk with his gadgets, Hencho served as personal security while Prado and Hazim did the brunt work. It was a comfortable arrangement. At least, it had been.

Now he was just tired but he didn’t know how to leave, he knew too much, had planned too much for the Boss or even the other guys to let him go so easily. He wanted to help Boss solve this case so his son could win so the guy would be in a good mood and he could tender his resignation.

So, back to the case, who wanted Joy dead? He had gone to the area where she had died and visited a few of the establishments there that ran between 11pm and 5am, only a few clubs and one 24 hrs. restaurant. There he had met a woman who recognized the picture he showed her and said she had come in with a man to eat at around 11:30. The woman had insisted the man wasn’t the one in the picture of Tunmise he had shown her, which didn’t surprise him as Tunmise had indeed been at the governors’ at that time.

But did Tunmise send someone else to do his work? He doubted that considering how much Tunmise relied on his father to do everything for him, mostly his dirty work, only to tout himself as a clean politician. So who was that man? Maybe the biological father of her children. The case was driving him crazy.

He was rubbing his aching head when Tunmise came in and headed into his father’s office without greeting them or answering the greeting that Hencho and Hazim shouted to him, Prado just sat, holding his cards and smirking. Morogga figured the guy was either angry or scared. What a surprise, he thought sarcastically. Barely 3 minutes later, he heard shouts from the boss’ office but he didn’t stand up, the boss hated being interrupted when he was talking to his son.

“You bastard….. you were sleeping with my wife, weren’t you?” He heard Tunmise shout at his father and smiled to himself, Ode, everybody knew that.

“Mise, what are you doing? Are you drunk? Is it your father you are talking to like that? Over what? Joy”

“Just answer my question, you bastard! Why did you lie to me? Why did you not tell me the truth about my infertility?” Tunmise asked, very angry.

“Tunmise, se oki nse omo ale? Have I ever lied to you!”

“Shut up, you bastard, shut up! I went to the doctor and he told me everything, he told me how you told him about my inability to have a child, how you planned, connived with Joy, how……” Tunmise lost steam.“Dad, how could you.... how could you do this to your own son??”

“You don’t understand, I did for your good, I wanted you to have your own children.”

“They are not my children! They would never have been my children!! How could you be sleeping with my wife?!!” Tunmise got angry again.

Morogga looked up to see that the other guys were now paying attention to the shouting match going on inside.

“I met Joy before you did and yes, I had a relationship with her and I had been seeing her off and on for years. When I heard you were dating her, I was angry at first and I warned her to stay away from you but then I suddenly had a plan and it was a good plan, I pitched my idea to her and she accepted and……..”

“To sleep with you while married to me?” He cut in

“It’s not a big deal, Mise, the only area I was wrong was to not tell you about it but the truth was you would not have taken it well. You know that”

“No dad, I don’t know that, I would rather have known the truth and gone to adopt than have my father and wife lie to me!”

“Adoption? How disgusting, you would be raising a stranger’s children” Chief said, his voice mirroring the disgust he felt.

“Hahahahahaha!” Tunmise laughed, “what have I been doing for the past five years? Would it not have been better if I had adopted the children?”

“Don’t you understand? After your mother had you, she couldn’t have any more children and I wanted more children”

“Does that make sense to you? Why didn’t you just marry another wife?!!”

“Your mother would never have allowed it, do you want me to die?” When Tunmise only stared, he decided to educate him.

“We were very poor, you know, we could not even afford to have you in an hospital, we had you at one alagbo's place in Agege there. Our poverty was the reason why we didnt treat you properly when you had mumps as a child, we... i caused your infertility, i wanted to rectify it. We were advised by your mother's cousin to acquire ritual money" he sighed, remembering, "....and what was needed was a woman’s womb, your mother agreed to use her womb for the ritual, only on the condition that I never marry another woman or have children with another woman. I was just killing a bird with two stones. You would have had a wife and children that looked like you and I will have gotten more children and grandchildren.”

“It didn’t work, did it? She scammed you? Is that why you killed her?”

“I didn’t kill her, I don’t know who did!”

“You are lying, the doctor told me the truth, you want me to take the fall for this, well i won't!” Morogga heard Tunmise say with deadly intent, which was quickly followed by the sound of a gun being cocked.

Tunmise, what do you...? Drop it!

Suddenly, there was a shot. The guys flew up from their abandoned card game and rushed to get their guns but they weren’t quick enough.

Tunmise opened the door of his father’s office and started firing; he got Prado in the cheek, Hencho in his neck and Hazim in his forehead.

Morogga froze, he realized he hadn’t shot a person before and now when his life depended on it, his instincts failed him. His last thought as Tunmise shot him in the chest was “Damn, I should have resigned yesterday!”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Joy To The World by piroux(f): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys, thank you so much for taking the time to read this story. More grace to your eyes.

I will finish the story today, if you dont mind, you can drop your corrections and criticisms. Thank you.
Re: Joy To The World by piroux(f): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
Lilian’s husband

He had a meeting in 5 minutes at his office and couldn’t believe he was still at home. He had searched the entire house for his car keys and couldn’t find them. Of course, he probably lost them somewhere in the house since he had come home quite late yesterday night only to find his wife, Lilian crying and tearing up the throw pillows in the sitting room.

Since Joy’s death almost five days ago and the subsequent arrest of Tunmise Haastrup for the murder of his wife, father and 3 of the four men that worked in his father’s office, Lilian seemed to have lost it. He felt terrible, knowing how close Lilian had been to Joy and how much she had leaned on her. All through the time he had known them, Lilian had done everything exactly how Joy had done it, work, boyfriends and marriage, everything except childbearing.

He didn’t bother calling her from the bed he had finally coerced her into around 3am because he didn’t want her awake and crying again. He would talk to her father, his boss when he got to the office today, hopefully they would get her a grief counselor. He felt sad and guilty at Joy’s death but he genuinely loved his wife and would make sure she got over her best friend’s death.

Having made up his mind, he renewed the search for his car keys and when he couldn’t find it two minutes later, he took his wife’s car keys which were on the dining table on his way out. He planned to return the car before she woke up as she was very touchy about her baby. He quickly dashed into the beautiful, clean Mercedes Benz and drove to his office at Apapa for the meeting.

His father in law, a wealthy man had a son and 3 daughters of which Lilian was the second and he cherished and spoilt all his girls. As a result of this, his first daughter, Nnamaka found it extremely hard to keep a husband and had been married twice already, the youngest, Ndidi, at 30 was still unmarried and didn’t seem to be bothered, she was a very ambitious and career minded banker. Lilian Nneka, his wife was the calmest and nicest of the three although she had also had her wild days when she was younger, she was very settled now.

As the only consistent son in law he had, Chief Azubuike relied heavily on him and trusted him with everything relating to his importing and exporting business. He was touted amongst the staff to be the heir apparent as Chief’s only son was a rude, uncouth and spoilt child. Of course, that was the job of their mother who had left her husband to spoil her daughters while she concentrated exclusively on pampering her baby, as she called Nnemeka.

Consequently, Nnemeka was a useless ball of fluff that spent his time womanizing and spending money carelessly. This was a great disappointment to his father who didn’t intend to allow any of his daughters inherit his company. Hence, he being the more ambitious and smart son representative was the perfect choice and he didn’t intend for anything to ruin that.

After his meeting with the board, he returned to find his phone full of missed calls from his wife, he got scared something bad had happened and quickly dialed her, she picked up at the first ring,

“Hey dear, what’s up?” He asked.

“Where are you?” She shouted, he could tell she was very angry and was pacing “Where’s my car?” She asked enraged.

“Lily, calm down, I just borrowed it to……. “ he started, trying to explain

“Don’t you dare start, you bastard, bring my car back now!” she shouted back. “I repeat now! Or you’ll regret your entire existence!” She cut the call and he stood there staring, shocked. In all their years of marriage, she had never spoken to him like that.

He looked around, unseeing and walked out of the office to the car park before realizing he wasn’t with the key and returned to get it from his office. He was just making his way towards the estate where they lived when she called him again, he figured she was calling to apologize and picked up. He was wrong.

“You bastard, you wretched ingrate!” she screamed across the phone, shouting a hundred other insults to him and his mother and lineage. He was so shocked at this, he dropped his phone on the floor of the car, he looked out the window to see her driving out of the estate in her second car, a white Toyota sequoia, he bent to pick his phone under his feet when his hands connected with something sharp.

He entered the estate and parked the car quickly and pulled out what his fingers had connected with. It was a black polythene bag, he opened it and brought out a knife that looked vaguely familiar wrapped in brown paper with traces of blood on it, inside was also a wallet, he opened it and pulled out an Id card, a voter’s card, a wad of 500 naira notes, a few passport photographs and 3 ATM cards, all belonging to Joy Haastrup. For a minute, he wondered what they were doing under the driver’s seat of his wife’s car. Then it clicked.

"O, my God, oh, God, Lilian, why, why?" He asked no one in particular, anguished. He sat in the car for a few minutes undecided as to what to do. Should he call Lilian and tell her he knew? Should he call the police? What if it was all a terrible misunderstanding? He called Lilian, who was still raving and told her to meet him at home.

Ten minutes later, he heard her drive in from the dining area where he was. She entered the house, looking very angry, about to blast him when she saw everything he had laid out on the dining table, everything she had hidden under the seat in her car. The very same things that had been giving her sleepless nights and were nearly turning her stark raving mad. She suddenly felt very tired and couldn’t even cry.

She just quietly pulled up a chair on the table and sat down, unnerving her husband even more. In a weird way, she was relieved he had found out.

“I see you found my stuff,” she commented, smiling.

“Erm……yes…… I did, I lost my phone…….. I kind of….. I” he started explaining

“It’s okay Richard, its fine, really.” She said quietly, looking composed.

“Why?” he asked, “you loved Joy, why did you do this?” He asked, wanting to understand.

“I found out about your affair”

“I? What?..... No, I, see, wait……”

“Richard, forget lying to me now. You were worried weeks ago, scared, I knew something was wrong so I started going through your phone. Then I saw that message that said if you don’t give me the money, I will tell your wife about us, i didn’t recognize the number at first but I was determined that no bitch would blackmail my husband, I was determined to stand with you no matter what, I was soooo stupid,” she said mockingly.

“That night when you left the house looking worried, I decided it was time, I picked a knife intending to threaten whoever that girl was and followed you. I nearly turned back several times, the journey was so far at that time of the night and you were speeding, you know how much I hate speeding, right?” She asked, laughing.

“I had given up, when you got to Ikeja, I gave up, you know, then I saw Joy’s car with that sticker, baby on board at the back and the plate number and I wondered what the chances were that all three of us will be on the same road at the same time of the night. I followed her intending to discuss you with her until I realized she was the one you were meeting.”

“I saw you guys enter the restaurant at Omole together and I spent the time in my car crying. You came out before her and I came out of the car intending to confront you but you didn’t even look up and you weren’t the issue anyway. You drove off and I waited until Joy came out and entered her car,i knocked her window ,she opened the door for me and I got in.”

“I asked her what she was doing with you and she just laughed and said her issues were more than my tantrums, she said I should get over my follow follow habit. Me oh, Joy told me that. I brought out my knife, then she got scared. I held the knife to her neck and threatened to kill her if she did not tell me what she was doing with you.” She laughed now, remembering.

“Of course she knew me and told me I didn’t have the guts to kill anything so I should take the knife away, I did, I put it back in my bag. She then told me that she was asking you for money to help her in case Tunmise threw her out since he had threatened to do so when he realized the children weren’t his, she told me, me oh that Toluwanimi was actually your child,” she was crying now, “she said you had an affair a couple of years ago and she bragged about how you couldn’t get enough of her, she called me a small fry, an idiot, me!”

She looked at her husband, “You know what? I love you, yet what you did doesn’t seem to even hurt me. If it were any random girl, I would have told her to leave us alone but it was joy. Joy was my friend, my partner, she led me into a life of runs and shame, she encouraged me to explore and took me to the hospitals where I contracted my abortions. Do you know I can’t have children?” She asked to her husband’s shock.

“Well, I can’t because my womb has been destroyed. Joy was helping me look for options, she held me when I was worried and encouraged me to keep trying and not to get tired and this same person slept with my husband, of all the men in the world, of all the men she had, she slept with my husband and had the guts to do the one thing I couldn’t do for him, give him a child.”

"Joy had always had her way with men, always and i didn't envy her that, in fact, i was proud to have such a beautiful friend. I never begrudged her all the rich men she had or the boyfriends she stole from me when we were younger. When she messed up with her sisters' men, guess who supported her? Me!! I was always there and she betrayed me, for what? You?

“I was livid, I brought out the knife and slashed her mercilessly, angrily and I made her look in my face as I did it and then I took savage pleasure in tearing up her face. Joy always prided herself in her beauty, that’s why she thought there were no boundaries, no man she couldn’t have, nothing she couldn’t touch, well she was wrong. I am not her sister or competitor, I helped her, loved her, supported her through everything, I took care of that baby and loved him like my own, I was her friend. Friends don’t do what she did, they don’t!” She finished vehemently.

“I realized what I had done and I figured they would arrest me the next day but I took her wallet anyway to make it look like a robbery, I entered my car, drove off, came home, I realized you weren’t home yet, I had my bath and spent the entire night not sleeping from the fear I felt. They never came to arrest me though, they didn’t know it was me and now that Tunmise has been arrested for killing his father, his wife and all those men in his father's office, they never will.”

When she finished, Richard just sat quietly in the chair, his head in his hands with his elbows on the table. "I’m sorry, I caused all this, it’s my fault" he said as he started crying. She stood up and came to hug him from behind.

“It’s okay, I’ll throw everything away, and Tunmise is going to jail anyway.” She kissed his forehead. “We are going to be fine, you’ll see.”

She packed everything away in the black polythene while her husband stared, frightened. Finally, she looked up after clearing the table, “Of course, you won’t go to the police, will you?”

He shook his head,” No…” he said quietly.

“Good, I’m so glad” she replied approvingly," We will get through this and be happy. We can even take Toluwanimi, i heard her sister is going to take the children, What do you think?

He just nodded.

“Don't worry,this will be our little secret.” She smiled

Maybe no one will ever know or maybe Morogga who didn’t die would figure it out, only time would tell.

The End

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joy To The World by nawtielizzie(f): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
I never saw this coming.
Chineke!!!
Friends can be so unpredictable, what goes around comes back around.

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by YINKS89(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2017
Didnt even think tru dat direction bt wen i read richards part i was suspectin bt it was enough.. Like dey use to say all charges wld b dropped against u if dre is not enough evidience....thumbs up nd kip it up.

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by crislyn(f): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
Uwow this joy badt gan o. Hmmmm wehdone piroux.

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by jasmine2013(f): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
Kudos! I enjoyed every bit.
... But nothing stays a secret forever.

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by queenitee(f): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
OMG!! Lilian!!! Piroux you are da bomb

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2017
Joy Joy hmmmm piroux weldone ma

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by Kimkardashain(f): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2017
wow! am speechless

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by Alennsar(f): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
wow you are good dear. kip it up piroux

1 Like

Re: Joy To The World by piroux(f): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2017
Thank you all for reading, God's blessings.

Special thanks to Qeenitee, Eyinimofeoluwa, Jasmine2013, Crislyn, Kimkardashain and every other person who took their time to comment. You guys are amazing, thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Joy To The World by queenitee(f): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
piroux:

Special thanks to Qeenitee, Eyinimofeoluwa, Jasmine2013, Crislyn, Kimkardashain and every other person who took their time to comment. You guys are amazing, thank you very much.
You are welcome, waiting for more stories dear
Re: Joy To The World by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 2:56am On Oct 04, 2017
piroux:

it was nice reading ur work can't wait for more....bring it on we dey here anytime anyday
Re: Joy To The World by crislyn(f): 7:31am On Oct 04, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
it was nice reading ur work can't wait for more....bring it on we dey here anytime anyday
Yes o...this story was da bombest short story ever...straight to the point and interesting.
Re: Joy To The World by jasmine2013(f): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
piroux:

You're welcome. Thanks for sharing with us!
Re: Joy To The World by Jazmiynne: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
piroux:

Divepen1, Audreytimms, Repogirl, Larrysun, Skarlett, Missnande, Gmike2rule, kimberlywest, Debbietiyan,oluwabuqqyYOLO Meneski,Jazmiynne, Tolulolu0122, Gsteve001, marianneada, shalomdee, shewrites, Alennsar, smilingB1, susiivy, yorhmienerd, Queening, horlah1, hadduni, Tuham, Evaberry, Queetener, Missmossy, ladySuperb, Charytea, pncessadeola, Michelle55, seunlly, bejeria101, Halyma, Diamondwriter, bitingcool, Williamsesco, Lordshola, ibawon, sharliz, richiearmany14, sammyendowed, Abbydammy1, prisiliveth, FelicityLucita, Tori46, harsol, speezyWears, eitsei, rachealfst, Toppzy001, Opeoluwa99, Maryclaire1, haleemwale, yusufIbrahim, pepperoni55, alarmednigerian, BlizxydoDo, TosinBecca, Bensoate1, Twinkle004, Nmaglit, divatolaz, Ansasan, opybycar1, granely, pweetyz, specter, Eniqurl, Precial419, lettruthprevail, Oyinda8100, joyce21, crislyn, swanky47, jasmine4, damlaz24, Aloedamz, michaelunique, Hadampson,lovelydaisy, Ukez15, Bollie29, Bossy512, heemah, ashatoda, Abefe99, PrettyMizQdot, Queenakande, Diamondamsel, Evajael, IRALIFE, àkejujoe, hannie20, Shakyroh320, sulips, MissTega, shugaoftouch, Hashtagmoniker, Gynah33, ifecoded, rayos, BlissfulJeff, hammedroyabat, Queenitee, muzzafar, WHOcarex, iamozipatrick, Stevenbright, darwinbrown, Elpoche, Adefiery,tylesh,Olabantu, Ireneblush , Bibi294, dafil22, Nofuckgiven, namedonfinish, Lankyannie,
Oyinda1242, xaviercasmier, Ellagold35, Eniolaewa, smomeydrinkey, kimkardashain, mhizgap, Ladysuperb, Eyinimofeoluwa, everyone on the literature section, on nairaland, visitors, everybody!

Part 2 is here

Just seeing this. Thanks dear. Nice work wink
Re: Joy To The World by Eniqurl(f): 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
I didn't see this coming. Nice work Piroux.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Selfish And Heartless / 8 Great Tips To Become A Super Writer / Mara The Lesbian - Episode 1 (18+only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.