Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation (1106 Views)

Video Of Aboru Burst Pipeline: LASG Says Residents Should Not Be Worried / Nigerians Need To Be Worried Of Atiku Plan To Sell Nigeria Biggest Assets / Kemi Adeosun: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Should Be Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by konoplyanka: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
First, as a Yoruba man, I dont give a bleep about religious sentiments and others are like me. The recent cry of Islamisation as a political tool by the PDP and ipob to divide Yorubaland and Nigeria as a whole is senseless as only the muslims should be worried of christianisation in Nigeria. In recent times we have seen impostors claiming victim of islamic domination in Yorubaland. These dolts should be put in their place for the following reasons:

1. It is 80 times easier for muslims to convert to christianity than for Christians to do otherwise.

2. Majority of our prominent muslim politicians marry christians. by doing so they are scoring own goal as a child born out of such marriage is 80%likely to become a christian than being muslim. I myself is an example of such marriage and i am a christian today. Check out the children of Tinubu, saraki, fashola and others, you will see that they are most likely christians.

3. Yoruba muslims are moderate muslims. why do you think northerners refer to them as fake? Its beçause they are not extremists like them.

4. Christians engage in evangelism which muslims dont.Muslims extremists prefer terror to evangelism and this has portrayed the religion in bad light. This might make some of them to renounce their religion and it will make others wary of converting to such religion

5. In Yorubaland, most muslims are muslims by name, thereby make them prone to religious switch.

There are many more reasons why islamisation is just a false alarm.

cc: coloneldrake,IJOBA2
Statsocial
Goke7
Ereolamide
GavelSlam
Alcatraz005
Pavarottii

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
konoplyanka:
First, as a Yoruba man, I dont give a bleep about religious sentiments and others are like me. The recent cry of Islamisation as a political tool by the PDP and ipob to divide Yorubaland and Nigeria as a whole is senseless as only the muslims should be worried of christianisation in Nigeria. In recent times we have seen impostors claiming victim of islamic domination in Yorubaland. These dolts should be put in their place for the following reasons:

1. It is 80 times easier for muslims to convert to christianity than for Christians to do otherwise.

2. Majority of our prominent muslim politicians marry christians. by doing so they are scoring own goal as a child born out of such marriage is 80%likely to become a christian than being muslim. I myself is an example of such marriage and i am a christian today. Check out the children of Tinubu, saraki, fashola and others, you will see that they are most likely christians.

3. Yoruba muslims are moderate muslims. why do you think northerners refer to them as fake? Its beçause they are not extremists like them.

4. Christians engage in evangelism which muslims dont.Muslims extremists prefer terror to evangelism and this has portrayed the religion in bad light. This might make some of them to renounce their religion and it will make others wary of converting to such religion

5. In Yorubaland, most muslims are muslims by name, thereby make them prone to religious switch.

cc: alcantraz, statoscial, coloneldrake
I did not also give a bleep about religious sentiment until I started to look at things objectively and refused to let my emotions cloud my judgement. Yoruba Christians and Muslims have different ideologies. Yoruba Muslim will rather align with the Hausa Fulani because they share same ideology. It's the truth. Know that I don't care if you don't subscribe to this. It's your view.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by konoplyanka: 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
ColonelDrake:

I did not also give a bleep about religious sentiment until I started to look at things objectively and refused to let my emotions cloud my judgement. Yoruba Christians and Muslims have different ideologies. Yoruba Muslim will rather align with the Hausa Fulani because they share same ideology. It's the truth. Know that I don't care if you don't subscribe to this. It's your view.

Obj that aligned with Yar'ádua, Buhari and other northern muslims, is he a muslim?

Yorubas are divided almost equally between PDP and APC just like northerners are in both parties and the ideologies of both parties is to loot the treasury, so I dont see the ideological differences you are talking about.

You must also note that as a muslim in Yorubaland, It is harder for you to become president because you will have to have a northern muslim as vice to win. Abiola had the closest shot but was denied. Look at all our leaders that have graced the presidency, they are all christians. Shonekan, Obj, Osinbajo. Akintola and Awolowo were christians too.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Ereolamide: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Mention the instances where Yoruba Muslims have aligned with Hausa Fulani.
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
konoplyanka:

Statsocial
Goke7
Ereolamide
GavelSlam
Alcatraz005
Pavarottii
For the purpose of clarification I never said I am afraid of islamic dominance from Yorubas. It is the extremism of the north I am afraid of.
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by konoplyanka: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
Statsocial:

For the purpose of clarification I never said I am afraid of islamic dominance from Yorubas. It is the extremism of the north I am afraid of.

The extremists should be the one to be afraid. In 50 years time, there will be more christians in the north. this they know and that's why they are afraid. Christianity spreads faster than Islam. The christian community should be more into evangelism in the north and leave the the extremists to fear. We are not the one to be afraid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Danladi7: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
ColonelDrake:

don't forget Gowon who declared war on Biafra
Christians was a Christian and Awolowo who
introduced starvation policy was a Christian. And
obasanjo who led some Nigerian troops was a
Christian! And azikwe who opposed insertion of
secession clause into the constitution was a Christian.

I wonder why those Christians couldn't align with Igbo(s).

Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Danladi7: 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
There is nothing like christianization in muslims dictionary!

THE POLITICIANS CAN CONTINUE USING "ISLAMIZATION" TO GATHER CHRISTIANS VOTES!
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
ColonelDrake:

And that is why it is extremely important for the Yoruba nation to pack itself plus our northern territories in Kwara and Kogi and leave this country if any other region successfully secedes. Alone, no one can play the religious card against us. We would form a nation that totally exclude religious sentiments and where our people can continue to live in peace and harmony irrespective of their religious differences. Don't doubt it, the Hausa Fulani can attempt to divide Yorubas along religious lines in a country without the Igbos and they may actually succeed. Remember they tried it during the Ibadan Summit. The religious diversity of the Yoruba is our strength but also lies in it is our weakness. We have to make it impossible for external forces to divide us.
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Ereolamide: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Actually i don't think this is something to wory about, online theatrics acted out by monikers presumed to be Yoruba are diametrically opposed with reality.

No sane Yoruba man would be worried about the Muslims in our midst, we've uncles, aunts, nephews and nieces who are Muslims.

FFK and his gang of political jobbers know the Christian/Muslim segregation can't work in the Yorubaland, it's a tool for their mindless followers east of the Niger, and a weapon against the Muslims population of the North.

That doesn't stop us from bludgeoning the skulls of bastards that want to smear our cultural image online. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
I still say the best bet is for the SW to get the hell out of Nigeria with our Kwara and Kogi territories. There is nothing we benefit from the North, their ppl are still highly uneducated to know what good governance is and yet they would send grossly re.tar.ded individuals to the NASS as lawmakers. If we want secession then it is time we clamour for it.
I know nobody wants to die but if we have a strong secession or restructure movement it would force the govt to go the path of restructuring.
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by konoplyanka: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Statsocial:
I still say the best bet is for the SW to get the hell out of Nigeria with our Kwara and Kogi territories. There is nothing we benefit from the North, their ppl are still highly uneducated to know what good governance is and yet they would send grossly re.tar.ded individuals to the NASS as lawmakers. If we want secession then it is time we clamour for it.
I know nobody wants to die but if we have a strong secession or restructure movement it would force the govt to go the path of restructuring.

I am also an apostle of balkanisation of Nigeria. Nigeria would not remain the same after Biafra exit. Even the north might not be one after biafra exit.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
'Awon elesin keji' is what Christians use to refer to Muslims in Yoruba land grin
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by clefstone(m): 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
konoplyanka:

The extremists should be the one to be afraid. In 50 years time, there will be more christians in the north. this they know and that's why they are afraid. Christianity spreads faster than Islam. The christian community should be more into evangelism in the north and leave the the extremists to fear. We are not the one to be afraid.
you r making a lot of sense brother
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by IJOBA2: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
konoplyanka:

Statsocial
Goke7
Ereolamide
GavelSlam
Alcatraz005
Pavarottii
ARE YOU NOT TIRED OF TELLING ME HOW TINUBU, FASHOLA AND OTHER PROMINENT YORUBA MUSLIMS MARRIED A YORUBA CHRISTIAN WOMEN WHEN IS PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA AND PROF ISHAQ OLOYEDE GOING TO GIVE OUT THEIR DAUGHTERS HAND IN MARRIAGE TO A YORUBA CHRISTIAN MEN DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN IF YOU HAVE NO ANSWER TO THESE FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS angry
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by konoplyanka: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
IJOBA2:
ARE YOU NOT TIRED OF TELLING ME HOW TINUBU, FASHOLA AND OTHER PROMINENT YORUBA MUSLIMS MARRIED A YORUBA CHRISTIAN WOMEN WHEN IS PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA AND PROF ISHAQ OLOYEDE GOING TO GIVE OUT THEIR DAUGHTERS HAND IN MARRIAGE TO A YORUBA CHRISTIAN MEN DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN IF YOU HAVE NO ANSWER TO THESE FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS angry

have you proposed to any of their for marriage and they refused you?

Also tell me when IBO Jews will give their daughter in marriage to IBO Christians.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by IJOBA2: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
konoplyanka:

have you proposed to any of their for marriage and they refused you?

Also tell me when IBO Jews will give their daughter in marriage to IBO Christians.
YOU REALLY HAVE NO SOLUTIONS TO THE ISSUES AT HAND... STOP QUOTING MEangry
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by konoplyanka: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
IJOBA2:
YOU REALLY HAVE NO SOLUTIONS TO THE ISSUES AT HAND... STOP QUOTING MEangry

what issue if I may ask?
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by IJOBA2: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
ALCATRAZ005 BIBIDEAR
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by Kingspin(m): 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Because their faith is useless to mankind.
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by konoplyanka: 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sarakis daughter just married a Christian just as I predicted.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by bloodmoneyspita: 6:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
konoplyanka:

Christianity only begins to spread during time of persecution, Christianity is useless during time of peace.

update: I should be given an award for that saying.
Re: Why It Is The Muslims That Should Be Worried Of Christianisation by konoplyanka: 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
IJOBA2:

Well saraki just did.

(1) (Reply)

Ndi-imo Behold Your New Governor For 2019 / How Obasanjo, Adedibu Offered Me N100m To Impeach Ladoja –sunday Igboho / Unity And Faith, Peace And Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.