Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa (3645 Views)

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate / A Case For Thailand / Ask Anything About Thailand Visa Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by KokoLou: 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hello everyone I've only just joined the site to ask about a stressing topic now.

Basically I'm in the U.K on an international student visa and I want to travel to Thailand this Christmas(vacation purposes). The requirement for a Thailand visa is an NDLEA clearance certificate coupled with other documents I can easily obtain here.
The only problem now is I don't know how to go about with the clearance certificate document seeing that I'm not in Nigeria and I've not been for the past three years.
I did look up online and some travel agency offered to help me get the clearance certificate but on making enquiries, they said I had to be present when applying for one.
The trip to Thailand is already booked and is totally non refundable.

I've run out of options and I was wondering if I should go ahead and apply for the visa and explain to them at the embassy that I do no live in Nigeria and obtaining a clearance certificate is impossible for me.

Any help/comments will be kindly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Cc justwise
Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by KokoLou: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
I'm guessing this is not a popular destination here but I need help.
I can't come down to Nigeria to apply for a Thailand visa and NDLEA clearance. that's just nuts.
Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by Faliyu1: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hi.
I don't normally post on forums but I just went through the exact same thing as you are going through with the thai embassy in London along with someone else I met there also. If you live in the UK and have residence here you do not need to get the certificate from Nigeria. They will accept any sort of letter from the police in the UK. So a DBS certificate or even a CRB check will be fine but it has to be dated in the past 6months. This was accepted if you point out to them that their website clearly states you do not need ndlea certificate if you live in the UK

1 Like

Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by KokoLou: 10:24am On Oct 06, 2017
Hi thanks so much for replying! I've sent you an email, hoping you see it when you come online.

I've already got a CRB certificate so I guess that will suffice!
Thanks for saving me £45 to get another police certificate...

Do you know how long the visa takes to be issued? I hope it won't be a long wait seeing that I've got a Nigerian passport and I hear they are very strict with Nigerians!

3 Likes

Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by KokoLou: 10:26am On Oct 06, 2017
Faliyu1:
H
^^^^^^
Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by Faliyu1: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hi
I am unsure how to view messages on this website so i haven't seen your email.(its says am not connected but i dont know how to do that). The visa with the thai embassy in london only takes a day.
You would have to apply anywhere within 3months of your departure and return otherwise it wont be valid. I am travelling on the 15th October and i just applied for the visa on the 5th October and picked it up the next morning on the 6th. It is next working day.
If you have anymore questions let me know smiley
Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by KokoLou: 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2017
Faliyu1:
Hi
I am unsure how to view messages on this website so i haven't seen your email.(its says am not connected but i dont know how to do that). The visa with the thai embassy in london only takes a day.
You would have to apply anywhere within 3months of your departure and return otherwise it wont be valid. I am travelling on the 15th October and i just applied for the visa on the 5th October and picked it up the next morning on the 6th. It is next working day.
If you have anymore questions let me know smiley
Oh I thought I was the only one that couldn't view messages from the site.
My email address is Isabellaswipes1@gmail.com.

Thanks for the info. You saved me panic attacks, phone calls to Nigeria and my mum asking why I chose Thailand for a vacation! cheesy

Were you asked any questions? Interview wise?
Sorry for the silly questions, I just wanna make sure I don't go in there looking lost!
Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by dee76: 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hi there,

My husband went to the Thai embassy to submit his application for a Thai visa today for our upcoming trip to Thailand in December. Unfortunately, a voice mail has been left on his mobile to say that they are unable to process his visa as he is missing this notorious NDLEA clearance certificate - and he must obtain the certificate and go to the Thai Embassy in Abuja??! We were of the impression that he would not need this certificate as he has a UK resident permit and has not lived in Nigeria for many years.

We have booked and confirmed all of our travel and hotel arrangements and unable to change or cancel. Please can anyone offer any advice particularly KOKOLOU and FALIYU1 who both seem to have been through this jarring and frustrating experience.

Thanks.
Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by dee76: 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
Update - For anyone in a similar situation. Nigerian Nationals living in UK with a resident permit - Thai Embassy will accept UK police clearance. This can be obtained from the website below:

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx

The embassy will not accept CRB/DBS.
Re: Clearance Certificate For Thailand Visa by bummiaj: 10:20am On Oct 07, 2018
Hi

I wanna visit Thailand. Can someone tell me the process of getting police clearance and NDLEA clearance. What else did you submit to improve your application

(1) (Reply)

Missing Passport, With Valid Visa / 10 Must See Places In Mauritius / How Can I Migrate To UK Apart From Student Visa With 3M Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.