Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Of Abia State Is A Nationalist And Presidential Material - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Of Abia State Is A Nationalist And Presidential Material (333 Views)

PRP Party Merges With APC In Abia. Set To Remove Ikpeazu Of PDP / Joy Ezechikamnayo Assumes Office As Governor Of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu Hands Over / #MakurdiFlood: Yemi Osinbajo And Presidential Entourage Arrive Makurdi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Of Abia State Is A Nationalist And Presidential Material by ogbeniolola: 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
I have been wondering for a while if the southeast has anyone that could fit the description of a nationalist....and the name that readily comes to mind is Oby Ezekwesilii. However, I am really surprised by the rare spirit of statesmanship demonstrated by Governor Ikpeazu of Abia State for his matured handling of the IPOB saga which has become the most dangerous threat to the fabric of our national unity since the end of civil war.

We have always been united as a nation against common threats like boko haram, annulment of election, militancy in in the Niger-Delta etc, and never have our voices been so discordant in this instance of IPOB threat. Thankfully, one man, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State firmly stood his ground and maintained that Nigeria must remain ONE and indivisible.

Well, I don't know how history will remember the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu whose awesome talent could have been deployed to galvanizing global attention to the widespread neglect and under-development of the southeast region. In all of this, I have seen a hero in Governor Ikpeazu, and the notion that no individual from the igbo extraction can be nationally acceptable or trusted with power is over. I honestly feel the Governor has a good spirit and deserves a national honour just as I see a presidential material in him.
Re: Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Of Abia State Is A Nationalist And Presidential Material by 40kobo77: 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
OYO

1 Like

Re: Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Of Abia State Is A Nationalist And Presidential Material by slivertongue: 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
we are a divided people living a lie, the earlier we wake up and face reality the better for us. all those talking of unity of nigeria are all patronizing a serious issue. unity no b by force ooo na by choice

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Allegedly Discovers Governors Spent $3m Paris Club Refund On Fake Contract / No Country In The World Will Tolerate IPOB - FG / President Buhari Leaves New York To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.