Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan (1461 Views)

Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience / Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed / Criticise But Don't Mock Our Anti-Graft War - Lai Mohammed Tells Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by dictbennie(m): 11:49pm On Sep 19, 2017
Former President Goodluck Jonathan said on Tuesday that the veiled reference to his administration in a press release issued by the Minister of information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed on September 17 was an indication that the current administration was yet to exit propaganda mode two clear years after gaining power.

Jonathan, in a statement signed on his behalf by his former Special Assistant on New Media, Reno Omokri said that the insinuations that the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu preached peace and unity under Jonathan’s administration was a fallacy.
He said it was also wrong to claim that the opposition was sponsoring Kanu adding that such assertions were “clear indication that the present administration has not left propaganda mode for proper agenda mode two and a half year into their tenure.”

The statement further read: “If the government in which Lai Mohammed serves, knows which opposition members are sponsoring IPOB, then they should identify them, arrest them and then prosecute them.
“Ever since Lai Mohammed made his ill-advised statement, a principal member of the All Progressive Congress government and the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, has come out to say that the actions in the South East are troubling and some of it are unconstitutional.
Is he also sponsoring IPOB too?
“It is our suspicion that Lai Mohammed is talking from history seeing as he criticized the Jonathan government for banning Boko Haram in a statement he released on June 10, 2013, even though the Jonathan government had gone through due process before proscribing that murderous sect.
Perhaps Lai Mohammed thinks everybody is like him and those he represents.”
The former President commended the governors of the South East for cooperating with the military and in the process saving lives and property adding that their action was “a noble act that should not be ignored.”
The statement read: “However, we want to advise the Buhari administration, which has announced plans to extend the military show of force to the South south and the Southwest through Operation Crocodile Smile, to thread with caution.
“Nigeria is no longer under military rule. In a democracy, you separate the military from the police. The military is not meant to fight criminality within a nation because they are trained to fight a nation’s external enemies. It is the police that are trained to fight crime internally.
“When the military starts doing the job of the police and starts fighting or doing what they call a ‘show of force’, the effect will not be to reduce crime. The effect will be to intimidate people.
“Let me say again to Lai Mohammed, the time for propaganda is gone.
The time for blaming Dr Goodluck Jonathan for all the unfulfilled promises of the APC government is over. Nigerians are no longer buying it.
“Rome may not have been built in a day, but from day one you could see evidence of builders building up Rome. But what have we seen in the last two and a half years of the Muhammadu Buhari administration?
We see a government that from day one has been blaming instead of building.
“Finally, I seize this opportunity to remind Lai Mohammed that under the Jonathan administration the ministry of information had annual ministerial briefing where the media and civil society groups interrogated cabinet ministers on the activities of their departments.
100 days briefing was given to Nigerians on the government’s vision and one year briefings was given to the nation on government activities. An elaborate midterm briefing was also given by that government to the country on the achievements of the administration.
“Lai Mohammed should think about these as information minister and should know that he is minister for information not minister for propaganda.”

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/ipob-lai-mohammed-still-propaganda-mode-―jonathan/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by bolanto24(m): 12:36am On Sep 20, 2017
A Presidential reply from a real democratic President.

We know all the antics of APC and their mumu minister of lies, propaganda and misinformation.

May we never elect this kind of government again in our history.

Amen!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by sorom4: 1:36am On Sep 20, 2017
APC and her cohorts are a CURSE to humanity.

10 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by richeso: 2:30am On Sep 20, 2017
when a President speaks.... smiley smiley smiley smiley

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by bababuff(m): 2:32am On Sep 20, 2017
Just say, he is doing his job.
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Ratello: 2:33am On Sep 20, 2017
A deserved response to the most useless Minister of Information to ever grace the land.

9 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by PatriotTemidayo: 3:16am On Sep 20, 2017
It is quite unfortunate that we have people like Lai Mumuhammed as minister of information.

How very unlucky we are.

Even though many of us celebrate this poo of a minister, the truth remains that we all can not tolerate such characters as a family or friend. He talks too much. He lies too much. He has no integrity of any colouration and he's not a dignified person.

How come this is the kind of man our country, as populated as we are, can make a minister of information.

Is this the best we can get?

Jonathan did well, by giving him a clean WASH-UP.

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by tuniski: 3:28am On Sep 20, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
It is quite unfortunate that we have people like Lai Mumuhammed as minister of information.

How very unlucky we are.

Even though many of us celebrate this poo of a minister, the truth remains that we all can not tolerate such characters as a family or friend. He talks too much. He lies too much. He has no integrity of any colouration and he's not a dignified person.

How come this is the kind of man our country, as populated as we are, can make a minister of information.

The govt values propaganda than good governance hence Lai Moh!

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 20, 2017
bolanto24:

Democratic stealing
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by fergie001: 5:04am On Sep 20, 2017
Jonathan Lesnar

This is suplex city

Nothing upsets me that rather than government taking responsibilities and solving issues,they end up blaming,propagandeering and making inordinate excuses,I do not know where we are even headed sef?

Why were you brought in then,if not to correct ills of society?

Lai Mohammed is a combination of all the problems we have in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by agbangam: 5:11am On Sep 20, 2017
bolanto24:

We know all the antics of APC and their mumu minister of lies, propaganda and misinformation.

May we never elect this kind of government again in our history.

Amen!

Democratic my foot, same man dat deployed soldiers during Ekiti state election, dat were used to rig out Fayemi. same GEj dat deployed soldiers to Onitsha dat led to d death of over 15 Masob members or d fuel subsidy protest at Ojota. U son's of looters will never cease to amaze us.
GEj needs to keep quiet and cry unto God for redemption.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by dunkem21(m): 5:14am On Sep 20, 2017
My hero, no need to dignify him with a response..

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by agbangam: 5:34am On Sep 20, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:

How very unlucky we are.

GEj supporters, plz always use d internet b4 celebrating/masturbating over his useless comments. During Ekiti state election ur Mr Stealing is not Corruption deployed soldiers, Jos crisis GEj deployed Soldiers, Onitsha MASSoB crisis GEj deployed soldiers, Ur I don't have a shoe coroner used Soldiers to quell fuel Subsidy protest. He also used soldiers to quell d Omatse killing in Nassarawa.
U guys need help cos ur wailing is getting out of control.
How u guys have decided to choose and believe in dat quiet and evil looter(GEj alias Deziani) over a decent and patriotic man PMB baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by dechriscool(m): 5:38am On Sep 20, 2017
Sir
You shouldn't expect any thing reasonable from an administration whose
1.Head: is sick,clueless and dementic with only anarchy,nepotism and tyranny is the best he can offer.
2.Neck :filled with a lot of directionless individuals who are paid with taxpayers money to put the populace into hardship thus result to propagandas to remain relevant.
3.Body: suffering from the incompetence of the head and neck

We miss you GEJ and posterity will forever remember you.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by hakimi1974(m): 5:49am On Sep 20, 2017
ex presidiot this is highly recommended for you, fresh orange juice, eggs and bacon. it soothes hangover. oh! i forgot 5,000 milligram of aspirin because your level of drunkeness is beyond redemption.
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 20, 2017
Just like toothpaste, without your talk in their mouth they get toothache
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 20, 2017
^^^ this one is clarrrly still sleeping... WAKE UP CRAKHEAD!!! embarassed
Jacksparr0w1207:
Just like toothpaste, without your talk in their mouth they get toothache
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 20, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
so because you slept on the floor your head is now crack and lizard can enter corek? Shame
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by aragonchuks(m): 6:22am On Sep 20, 2017
hakimi1974:
ex presidiot this is highly recommended for you, fresh orange juice, eggs and bacon. it soothes hangover. oh! i forgot 5,000 milligram of aspirin because your level of drunkeness is beyond redemption.
Someone will wakeup and start writing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Zeze06(m): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2017
cry

He is a liar by default...
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by anitapreeti(f): 6:24am On Sep 20, 2017
He has a point.... Its obvious.
Those of you saying stealing actually agreed with him as u were reading but u just have to argue against cos of ur political orientation.
Let's just tell ourselves the truth for once. Pleaseee

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by PatriotTemidayo: 6:31am On Sep 20, 2017
agbangam:

GEj supporters, plz always use d internet b4 celebrating/masturbating over his useless comments. During Ekiti state election ur Mr Stealing is not Corruption deployed soldiers, Jos crisis GEj deployed Soldiers, Onitsha MASSoB crisis GEj deployed soldiers, Ur I don't have a shoe coroner used Soldiers to quell fuel Subsidy protest. He also used soldiers to quell d Omatse killing in Nassarawa.
U guys need help cos ur wailing is getting out of control.
How u guys have decided to chose and believe in dat quiet and evil looter(GEj alias Deziani) over a decent and patriotic man PMB baffles me.
It Is either you're blind or deaf or not educated. Did I mention anything like soldier or deployment in my post?

What has soldiers got to do with my post.

Dull idiots everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by hakimi1974(m): 6:35am On Sep 20, 2017
aragonchuks:

Someone will wakeup and start writing rubbidh
and i recommend 10,000 milligram of aspirin for you. because in your drunken haze you could not spell words very well, need i say more? birds of the same.....
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 20, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
you don't have ground to sweep and morning devotion to do?
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 20, 2017
angry
Side effect of rejection m... I giv up!!! undecided
Jacksparr0w1207:
you don't have ground to sweep and morning devotion to do?
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Ngokafor(f): 7:20am On Sep 20, 2017
Spot on Oga Jonah..

Propaganda is all they(lai mohammed and APC)had and will have cos they are epic failures at governance
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2017
Haven't you wondered why our jounalists no longer carry much news about boko haram activities ? Because Buhari called all of them and probably warned them to stop printing much about it. Believe me, boko haram is still as hot as it were before.
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by palladin: 7:50am On Sep 20, 2017
lol
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2017
Lai is only fulfilling his destiny. why would a sensible parent name their child LIE?
Re: Lai Mohammed Still In Propaganda Mode ―jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2017
Guilty conscience dey worry Jona

(1) (Reply)

Gov Wike Roundabout Kills 3 At Garrison Ph / Breaking News Governor Nasiru Elrufai Has Directed The Kaduna State Land Agency / 2019: Youths Or Without Youths I Will Still Win Again-- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.