Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday (50216 Views)

What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? / My Brother's Trap Caught 2 Big Antelopes Today (Photos) / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by sexylabo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
guy go and test yourself for lassa fever or ebola....you are eating a common rat

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by slayking(m): 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

They are poverty stricken and ignorant yet too stubborn to listen to reason.

I swear, he could have managed to buy a kilo of chicken or Turkey and still enjoy his proteinous meal rather than hunting for big rats.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by MostRanking(m): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hahahahaha.. #faints
40kobo77:
Poor rat.

Maybe the rat left a wife and kids at home, to go hustle for their daily bread.

Now the wife is a widow. Who will now train the rat kids?

2 Likes

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by Teeboi56: 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
40kobo77:
Poor rat.

May be u should go and carry them and take care of them simple

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by trinity11(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
40kobo77:
Poor rat.
Abeeeg my guy forget all those things
God is still the father of the fatherless.

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by vonlogon: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2017
shocked This is not bush rat o. if you observe the tail, its not hairy. just be careful. lassa fever is still out there
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by gentlegenius(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

This one is more like a grasscutter. what op ate is a sewage rat.
Hahaha... They are all the same. I even think the Op own looks better than my own. But I don't really cherish bush rats. The trap wasn't meant for it but it just unluckily fell in.
Grasscutter remains my best bush meat.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by Neyopumping: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
This is not the normal rat u do see in ur gutter. This particular on is very edible and sweet. In my part of Ogun state we call it "Okete". The end of the tail is white in colour. It is like four to six times bigger than d normal rat.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by Neyopumping: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
This is not the normal rat u do see in ur gutter. This particular on is very edible and sweet. In my part of Ogun state we call it "Okete". The end of the tail is white in colour. It is like four to six times bigger than d normal rat.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
Welcome that rat. It was a long journey. All the way from soak away. Aka house septic tank.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by cymontempler: 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
Disgusting.... Disgusting... Disgusting. What manner of hunger will make one eat dirty rat.

The Op couldn't even spare the head of the disgusting rat. What kind of meat is there on the head. .?

Fantastically Disgusting.

Eeewwww....

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by chiiraq802(m): 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
Dat pepper soup go sweet ooooo
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by pensilpyper(m): 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
cummando:
Ilasamaja Lassa loading

Brother" lassarus"
Sorry.....lala no like rats.....find snake...snake!!!!
taste am u go know and Bush rat no get lassa fever
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by madgoat(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
Iyaomolere4:
My trap caught this bush rat yesterday and I did it justice
OP where can someone buy/get this kind of trap?

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by Austyn44(m): 12:24am On Sep 21, 2017
40kobo77:
Poor rat.

Hahaha but what if the rat actually knew it was a trap but entered anyway cos he just found out that he is not the father of his 2 kid rats? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:19am On Sep 21, 2017
gentlegenius:

Hahaha... They are all the same. I even think the Op own looks better than my own. But I don't really cherish bush rats. The trap wasn't meant for it but it just unluckily fell in.
Grasscutter remains my best bush meat.

They are not the same. check out thr pics i posted. the grasscutter has a flat front space. it is large and spends its time in the fields.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by gentlegenius(m): 7:05am On Sep 21, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

They are not the same. check out thr pics i posted. the grasscutter has a flat front space. it is large and spends its time in the fields.
You didn't even understand what I said before writing this.
I mean bush rats are all the same. But someone said my own is better than the Op own. I didn't say grasscutter and bush rats are the same. The one I caught is also a bush rat and is not different from the one Op caught.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by gentlegenius(m): 7:08am On Sep 21, 2017
madgoat:

I got one for sale... Tell me your location. grin
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2017
gentlegenius:

You didn't even understand what I said before writing this.
I mean bush rats are all the same. But someone said my own is better than the Op own. I didn't say grasscutter and bush rats are the same. The one I caught is also a bush rat and is not different from the one Op caught.

I doubt there is anything called a "bush rat" unless you are referring to grass cutters. rat is rat. and most of them are carriers of disease.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by gentlegenius(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

I doubt there is anything called a "bush rat" unless you are referring to grass cutters. rat is rat. and most of them are carriers of disease.
Oh... Now I comprehend your ignorance.
So you don't know that there are different species of rats. Small rats lives mostly in human houses. But there's another animal in the family of rats that lives mainly in the bush and are casually called bush rats. They live only in holes while the house rats (eg. The ones that pursue your president) grin lives in houses, office, dustbin etc. The bush rats are the giants of all the rats family and neither live in filthy places nor eat filthy things, that's why it is eaten by some people. They mostly eat cassava and palm kernel. They don't mingle with house rats as they are different species, so there's no way they can carry ebola virus as speculated by some ignorant folks here. All rats are not the same.
Pls always consult google to find out what you don't know.
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
gentlegenius:

Oh... Now I comprehend your ignorance.
So you don't know that there are different species of rats. Small rats lives mostly in human houses. But there's another animal in the family of rats that lives mainly in the bush and are casually called bush rats. They live only in holes while the house rats (eg. The ones that pursue your president) grin lives in houses, office, dustbin etc. The bush rats are the giants of all the rats family and neither live in filthy places nor eat filthy things, that's why it is eaten by some people. They mostly eat cassava and palm kernel. They don't mingle with house rats as they are different species, so there's no way they can carry ebola virus as speculated by some ignorant folks here. All rats are not the same.
Pls always consult google to find out what you don't know.

Okay I'll let it pass this time. But it is definitely not called Bush rat. It must be having some other name.

Heres the list of rats in Nigeria:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_of_Nigeria
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by madgoat(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
gentlegenius:

I got one for sale... Tell me your location. grin

Lagos grin grin
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by gentlegenius(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
madgoat:

Lagos grin grin
Oh... I'm in Maiduguri.
Can you come? grin grin grin
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by madgoat(m): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2017
gentlegenius:

Oh... I'm in Maiduguri.
Can you come? grin grin grin

Yes grin
Lets meet at Sambisa forest... Bring along ur 72 Virgins grin
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by gentlegenius(m): 8:57am On Sep 22, 2017
madgoat:

Yes grin
Lets meet at Sambisa forest... Bring along ur 72 Virgins grin
Agreed... When you arrive Sambissa pls mention me so that I can join you there. About the 72 virgins, I heard some of those girls boko haram kidnapped and kept in that forest are still virgins grin but I'm not sure if they are up to 72. You can manage them but make sure you write your will before leaving your house. grin
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
valnelly:

OP please how much and where can I get this kind of trap please. The one I have is too dangerous and I have injured myself a couple of times while setting it
Sorry I just saw this, I got my own in akure, ondo state for 2000# back then in 2017, should be around 3000# now, talk to any welder or fabricator in your area
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
madgoat:

Sorry I just saw this, I got my own in akure, ondo state for 2000# back then in 2017, should be around 3000# now, talk to any welder or fabricator in your area
Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by McAausim: 6:45am On Sep 11, 2021
Wao..... Yummy Tummy cool

Op u dey lean work oooo

Re: My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
McAausim:
Wao..... Yummy Tummy cool

Op u dey lean work oooo

Na wa o, which kind oppression b dis na, na to go hunt new rat o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How A Snake Was Killed And Eaten / Food(s) That Can Make You Really Tall / I Bought This Banana For N200, Was I Cheated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.