Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months (17046 Views)

10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Zenith, GTBank, Access, UBA Generate N24.3bn From Account Maintenance Charges / Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by sunisonflex29(m): 7:25am On Sep 21, 2017
I didn't read this but I know diamond and zenith banks are here...I know what am saying.the moment I read the headline,I know the list won't be complete without this two...can someone tell me if am wrong?

1 Like

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by MztrChukwu(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2017
These bank charges are recoverable through forensic auditing.

If your company is interested, we could carry out this audit on your bank statement, 6 years back and help you make 'hidden' millions.

Email: glietelleconsulting@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by BunbleBee: 7:26am On Sep 21, 2017
bumheit:
Are u sure you are OK?
i dae catch jae, leave me.

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Immune(m): 7:27am On Sep 21, 2017
corruption everywhere , debit alert, and sms charges .these guys are big thief
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by NwaliE01: 7:29am On Sep 21, 2017
No wonder GTB stopped sending alart on maintenance charges. I noticed continous reduction in my account despite no transaction through same account for a while now. That is broad day light exsortion.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by XX01(f): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2017
Settingz321:
First Bank is the grand patron
The way they charge me eeen!

A bank like standbic bank never extort through this medium

Pls they call themselves to order ooo

That's not true. Stanbic charges for every single thing. Even reference letter. They are Scrooge's, they don't give anything back at all. Extortionists.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by GetMeRight: 7:30am On Sep 21, 2017
Frenchfriez:
I just knew that UBA would be part of them. I get 3-4 card maintenance debit alerts monthly.
If you call customer care, your credit would finish before they pick it up, be like say them get collabo with telcos. And if you do mistake to visit the banking hall, you would spend no less than an hour before you're attended to, precious time in which you could have made 10x the value of what you're fighting for.
A lesson I have learnt, its not every kobo you should fight for, if you wanna live long, let go of some change once in a while. ......at least until govt wakes up to their responsibilities, corruption would remain our friend

UBA and First Bank don't joke with N50 monthly maintenance fees, in fact, they would deduct before the month reaches half. Whereas other banks like Sterling, Fidelity banks haven't charged me for ATM card maintenance fees.
And if you try to transfer money from your uba account using USSD through your phone, they would deduct nothing less than N10 and the transaction would still be a failed one.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by buchilino(m): 7:31am On Sep 21, 2017
TAKE A LOAN FROM ANY NIGERIAN BANKS AT UR OWN PERIL
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by sunisonflex29(m): 7:31am On Sep 21, 2017
stano2:
I didn't even bother to check the names of the banks in the post, off course Diamond Bank must be there.
Diamond Bank charges me for nothing, no notification at all on the money the deduct but the account keep decreasing daily. This bank don't fear God at all.
u read my mind,me self I no bother to check cos I know diamond n zenith banks will always be mentioned in all things like this.the kind deductions those banks dey make from my account en,I dey wonder if I dey pay ransom for my life

1 Like

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by nwadiuko1(m): 7:31am On Sep 21, 2017
alexistaiwo:
People who wouldn't make heaven in no particular order.
Bankers, Lawyers, Accountants, Police, Military Personnel, Politicians, Pastors (at least most of them) , Building Developers in fact every body but me grin
accountants?
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 21, 2017
BunbleBee:
i dae catch jae, leave me.
By d tym Madrid supporters come 4 U eh

1 Like

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by autonomous22: 7:41am On Sep 21, 2017
froz:
As Nigerians continue to groan under excessive bank charges deducted from their accounts, Zenith, UBA, Access banks and six others made N59.596 billion from these charges, including electronic banking fees, National Daily has gathered.

From the banks half year results for 2017, United Bank for Africa, Stanbic IBTC, Access Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, Zenith Bank, FBN Holdings, Diamond and Fidelity Banks had jointly made N34.849 billion through electronic banking charges, although it was less than N76.155 billion which they made through the same channel in the first half of 2016.

With the exception of Zenith Bank which recorded a rise in income from electronic banking fees, the other banks had significant declines in the income from electronic channels. There was also a decline in what the banks made through account maintenance charges.

In the first half of the year, eight banks made N24.747 billion, a reduction in the charges compared to N28.368 billion that was made in the first six months of 2016. Of the banks, Zenith Bank stood out in what it made from account maintenance charges while UBA, despite the substantial decline in electronic banking fees income still recorded the highest figure.

UBA which recorded the highest income from electronic transactions saw a 45.9 per cent decline from N18.085 which it made in the comparable period of 2016 to N9.781 billion. GTB which saw a 61.4 per cent decline from N17.263 billion it made in 2016, followed UBA with an income flow of N6.668 billion from electronic banking charges.

FBN Holdings also saw a decline from N10.59 billion which it made in 2016 from electronic banking charges recording an income flow of N6.53 billion, while Zenith Bank recorded a 168 per cent in income flow from electronic transactions in the first six months of the year making N5.386 billion as against N2.008 which it made in the comparable period of 2016.

Zenith Bank also made N8.32 billion from account maintenance charges in the first half of the year compared to N8.92 billion which it made in the H1 period of 2016. GTB increased it income flow from account maintenance charges from N3.89 billion to N4.87 billion.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), earlier in the year had reviewed the Guide to Bank charges cutting down what customers pay for electronic bank transactions although it retained the account maintenance fee which banks started charging after the phasing out of commission on turnover in 2016.

The apex bank in the revised guideline cut the charges on internet banking transactions to N50 from N100 and Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) to N500 from N700. It however increased charges on card maintenance fees from N100 annually to N600 annually.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/nine-banks-make-n59-6bn-from-maintenance-charges-in-6-months/

I knew Access must b among. This ppl don finish me with charge.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by yanjutomi(m): 7:42am On Sep 21, 2017
bank dey scam us oooleeee
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Emenandez4lyf(m): 7:43am On Sep 21, 2017
stano2:
I didn't even bother to check the names of the banks in the post, off course Diamond Bank must be there.
Diamond Bank charges me for nothing, no notification at all on the money the deduct but the account keep decreasing daily. This bank don't fear God at all.
I*don*curse*them*already
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by yanjutomi(m): 7:44am On Sep 21, 2017
bank dey scam us oooleeee
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by horladmejy(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2017
Gtbank must be number 1

With per seconds maintenance charges
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by 8stargeneral: 7:54am On Sep 21, 2017
I could remember whn we're small dey keep on tellb us dat if u put ur money in a bank it will yielding money every week,but now nothing like dat,instead dey keep sendn unwanted messages on ur birthday repeatedly
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 21, 2017
GetMeRight:

UBA and First Bank don't joke with N50 monthly maintenance fees, in fact, they would deduct before the month reaches half. Whereas other banks like Sterling, Fidelity banks haven't charged me for ATM card maintenance fees.
And if you try to transfer money from your uba account using USSD through your phone, they would deduct nothing less than N10 and the transaction would still be a failed one.
My man, you're tight on the money. And when it comes to giving me my monthly savings interest, it wouldn't come until late in the first week, and when it comes and I try to compute the interest rate, I'd be like WTF!? Less than 1% . shey that one is a bank ni?
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by cooljoe(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2017
me dat my atm card got missing a long time ago, access bank still charges me every 4,5 seconds for card maintenance.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by LodiDodi(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2017
BunbleBee:
madrid is behind Barcelona with how many points?

Yeye club wey rubbish my investment last night!
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by omuo1(m): 8:05am On Sep 21, 2017
froz:
As Nigerians continue to groan under excessive bank charges deducted from their accounts, Zenith, UBA, Access banks and six others made N59.596 billion from these charges, including electronic banking fees, National Daily has gathered.

From the banks half year results for 2017, United Bank for Africa, Stanbic IBTC, Access Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, Zenith Bank, FBN Holdings, Diamond and Fidelity Banks had jointly made N34.849 billion through electronic banking charges, although it was less than N76.155 billion which they made through the same channel in the first half of 2016.

With the exception of Zenith Bank which recorded a rise in income from electronic banking fees, the other banks had significant declines in the income from electronic channels. There was also a decline in what the banks made through account maintenance charges.

In the first half of the year, eight banks made N24.747 billion, a reduction in the charges compared to N28.368 billion that was made in the first six months of 2016. Of the banks, Zenith Bank stood out in what it made from account maintenance charges while UBA, despite the substantial decline in electronic banking fees income still recorded the highest figure.

UBA which recorded the highest income from electronic transactions saw a 45.9 per cent decline from N18.085 which it made in the comparable period of 2016 to N9.781 billion. GTB which saw a 61.4 per cent decline from N17.263 billion it made in 2016, followed UBA with an income flow of N6.668 billion from electronic banking charges.

FBN Holdings also saw a decline from N10.59 billion which it made in 2016 from electronic banking charges recording an income flow of N6.53 billion, while Zenith Bank recorded a 168 per cent in income flow from electronic transactions in the first six months of the year making N5.386 billion as against N2.008 which it made in the comparable period of 2016.

Zenith Bank also made N8.32 billion from account maintenance charges in the first half of the year compared to N8.92 billion which it made in the H1 period of 2016. GTB increased it income flow from account maintenance charges from N3.89 billion to N4.87 billion.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), earlier in the year had reviewed the Guide to Bank charges cutting down what customers pay for electronic bank transactions although it retained the account maintenance fee which banks started charging after the phasing out of commission on turnover in 2016.

The apex bank in the revised guideline cut the charges on internet banking transactions to N50 from N100 and Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) to N500 from N700. It however increased charges on card maintenance fees from N100 annually to N600 annually.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/nine-banks-make-n59-6bn-from-maintenance-charges-in-6-months/
please can it possible for the Apex bank reduce this charges to #20 for both Ebanking and use of ATM.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by omuo1(m): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2017
7 point behind Fcbarcelona quote author=LodiDodi post=60675154]

Yeye club wey rubbish my investment last night![/quote]
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2017
pejuakinab:
Where is EFCC? This is extortion by style. Things never done in the other climes.

Nigeria has the cheapest bank charges sir, probably among the cheapest ones in the world.

Check South Africa own oo
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by dingbang(m): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2017
Settingz321:
First Bank is the grand patron
The way they charge me eeen!

A bank like standbic bank never extort through this medium

Pls they call themselves to order ooo
and you saw a decline in their charges... Yimu
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by joepentwo(m): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2017
Upon all d bank charges Union bank stil remain stagnant.. God bless God
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by joepentwo(m): 8:08am On Sep 21, 2017
Upon all d bank charges Union bank stil remain stagnant.. God bless God

1 Like

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by dingbang(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2017
joepentwo:
Upon all d bank charges Union bank stil remain stagnant..
God bless God
lol...
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Rebuke: 8:19am On Sep 21, 2017
stano2:

Thank yhu for dis confirmation !!! Was thinkn my account wt dem had a special ish. Dem no dey fear God at all.

I once left some money in dat account for a particular use. Since I wasn't in need of d cash anytime soon I decided to jxt leav it dere. Daimond abi demon bank messed dat money up so much dat I got so mad n withdrew everythn n deposited into another bank account.

Another evil bank I will nver go close to again is Eco bank. Never!!!

Union bank is d bank presently wooing me and I thnk I will give dem a chance.

1 Like

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by mindtricks: 8:36am On Sep 21, 2017
pejuakinab:
Where is EFCC? This is extortion by style. Things never done in the other climes.

Never bother, you won't see them on this.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by olisaemeka1(m): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2017
llprincztonp:
Always robbing their customers since time immemorial. End time profit
The day I knew my bank was really making money from my account .....was the Sunday I woke up to see credit alert of 3000 from my bank ...quoting one mistake like that as the reason for crediting me....well I did not bother to think ..don't even know how I found myself at the nearest atm withdrawIng the money ...guess i did not want them to make another mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2017
stano2:
bro u are not d only one experiencing it..dat bank is rili terrible,not less dan 20Naira leaves my account everyday 4smtin i dnt knw

1 Like

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by slimfairboy(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2017
At Firstbank, i checked my bal, they charge me...i recharge through d bank, they charge me...i receive alert, they charge me for sms alert...i withdraw, they still charge me for sms alert...they even charge me for card maintenance,
So one day, i walked into their banking hall...stood there for a while, looked around and saw one of d customer attendant with a very nice pen, i asked him to give me let me jus make some corrections, he did...i picked 28 of the deposit slip, tore them all to pieces, drank their chilled water to my satisfaction, went to their toilet drop a very big shit without flushing, drop another one on the floor and left! tongue Broke the pen and dump it in waste bin, and on my way out, the security said to "thank u for banking with us" as usual, and i replied "you're welcome"! grin My next stop is UBA, then DIAMOND! cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Restoring The Lost Glory At Ariaria International Market. / How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! / 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.