Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months (17042 Views)

10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Zenith, GTBank, Access, UBA Generate N24.3bn From Account Maintenance Charges / Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 21, 2017
i'm still wondering why fcmb isnt there...this guys deducted my 2000 from my acct and till today..no explanation..plus the maintenance fee,tax and sms alert charges,Vat,and other charges too numerous to mention...i don tire abeg...
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by maverickdude(m): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2017
bumheit:
Are u sure you are OK?
E dey pain u ni grin

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by DONFASZY(m): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2017
Highest source of fraud and outrageous extortion
I am so buttered with dis deductions
I don't use atm n yet I get dis unbearable deductions
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 21, 2017
maverickdude:
E dey pain u ni grin
lol, i knw b madrid fan now
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by hensley059: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2017
stano2:
I didn't even bother to check the names of the banks in the post, off course Diamond Bank must be there.
Diamond Bank charges me for nothing, no notification at all on the money the deduct but the account keep decreasing daily. This bank don't fear God at all.

The same with me.. diamond 'thief' bank their charges r too much just for a transfer I make I get three different charges ... I'm surprised guaranty trust bank is there they don't charge atall

1 Like

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by temple(m): 10:13am On Sep 21, 2017
I can only count 8, somebody help me please?
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by joblog: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2017
Am even tired of their deductions ranging from card maintenance to heaven knows what.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by phiszo(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2017
I can only leave huge amount of money in the bank. Any amount less than 20k, withdraw sharp sharp. Banks are thieves. Savings account is useless this days.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by RFaggie: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2017
UBA... Ndi Oshi.
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by bigpicture001: 10:59am On Sep 21, 2017
nigerian banks are the world's laziest banks, yet one of the world's most profitable banks....I pity for nigeria
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by DammyY123: 11:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Ndi ori
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by amreeaa(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2017
The annoying thing is while I was opening my student account with GTB, I disabled SMS alert, for 5 years no problem, after I finish school, dem automatically activate am for me just like that, now dem dy debit me some kind illegal 5 5 naira without alert. i tire for their matter
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Deoboss(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2017
Shows that the economy is picking up despite hardship here & there
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Deoboss(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Rebuke:

Thank yhu for dis confirmation !!! Was thinkn my account wt dem had a special ish. Dem no dey fear God at all.

I once left some money in dat account for a particular use. Since I wasn't in need of d cash anytime soon I decided to jxt leav it dere. Daimond abi demon bank messed dat money up so much dat I got so mad n withdrew everythn n deposited into another bank account.

Another evil bank I will nver go close to again is Eco bank. Never!!!

Union bank is d bank presently wooing me and I thnk I will give dem a chance.

l just dey look Diamond Bank with one eye dem dey charge me for ATM card use monthly mean while l no dey use the ATM card wey dem give me take more of their ATM machine.The day is coming when l will own all the money in their Bank and that time l will vex one day and move it to another bank that day dem go BEG me die and cough out all the money wey dem don deduct from my account angry
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by koolengrtimmy(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
Frenchfriez:
I just knew that UBA would be part of them. I get 3-4 card maintenance debit alerts monthly.
If you call customer care, your credit would finish before they pick it up, be like say them get collabo with telcos. And if you do mistake to visit the banking hall, you would spend no less than an hour before you're attended to, precious time in which you could have made 10x the value of what you're fighting for.
A lesson I have learnt, its not every kobo you should fight for, if you wanna live long, let go of some change once in a while. ......at least until govt wakes up to their responsibilities, corruption would remain our friend

A better way is to tweet/dm them on twitter platform. They respond faster in minutes .
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
slimfairboy:
At Firstbank, i checked my bal, they charge me...i recharge through d bank, they charge me...i receive alert, they charge me for sms alert...i withdraw, they still charge me for sms alert...they even charge me for card maintenance,
So one day, i walked into their banking hall...stood there for a while, looked around and saw one of d customer attendant with a very nice pen, i asked him to give me let me jus make some corrections, he did...i picked 28 of the deposit slip, tore them all to pieces, drank their chilled water to my satisfaction, went to their toilet drop a very big shit without flushing, drop another one on the floor and left! tongue Broke the pen and dump it in waste bin, and on my way out, the security said to "thank u for banking with us" as usual, and i replied "you're welcome"! grin My next stop is UBA, then DIAMOND! cool

My you BAD o.l no fit laugh finish shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by spreado(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
Settingz321:
First Bank is the grand patron
The way they charge me eeen!

A bank like standbic bank never extort through this medium

Pls they call themselves to order ooo
I abandoned my Firstbank account cos of their charges. Even after that, im stil receiving alert of debit from their account that i haven't use in almost a year, they debit 5h in the account to 3h
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Settingz321(m): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
spreado:

I abandoned my Firstbank account cos of their charges. Even after that, im stil receiving alert of debit from their account that i haven't use in almost a year, they debit 5h in the account to 3h

You are very accurate with that figure

A thousand naira is useless with first bank account
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by BunbleBee: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
LodiDodi:

Yeye club wey rubbish my investment last night!

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by spreado(m): 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
Zenith bank.. I created an account with them through one of their marketer, and i was suppose to deposit 5h into the account and it will be debited for ATM card issuance.. I created the account 2 weeks to my exam, so i decided not to put in money in the account yet cos i don't want to go to sapele from oghara that period...

Fast forward to one month later, i transfer a thousand naira into the account then i receive this alert..

I no fit shout, i just go collect my ATM card but i knw i will not use this account

Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
koolengrtimmy:

A better way is to tweet/dm them on twitter platform. They respond faster in minutes .
Thanks boss, though I'm one of the old generation wannabes who has no online social presence aside the good olé internet. grin
Re: Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months by Thecassanova: 1:40am On Sep 22, 2017
Cheap charges. I never appreciated Nigeria bank charges until I moved to South Africa.

For every R100 I withdraw they charge R1.7 even with the same bank ATM. You can't even attempt to withdraw or deposit over the counter you lose close to R45 with R4.5 with every R100 deposited/withdraw, monthly fee of R30 join sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! / Restoring The Lost Glory At Ariaria International Market. / 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.