Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President (911 Views)

MURIC Reacts To Proscription Of Shi'ite (IMN) / Shiites React To Proscription Of Its Activities By FG / "Why Atiku, PDP Must Endorse Buhari For Second Term" – Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by Louisojibe(m): 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
[img]https://2.bp..com/-2kc-puy5xzU/WcJJyFJ85iI/AAAAAAAAFQc/ypjA_nP5HwA4qyrhXZ0mHHstISUYzgd3ACLcBGAs/s1600/20170920114203.jpg[/img]

A former Senate President of Nigeria, Ameh Ebute, hascalled on the United Nations to endorse the proscription of the Indigenous People of Biafra(IPOB) as a terrorist group.Ebute in a letter to the UN secretary general Antonio Guterres said when the Nigerian nation seems to be resting from its fight against insurgency, the IPOB has awakened Nigeriato unpleasant drums of war.

He said the group have since its emergence have perfected plots to unleash heinous atrocities on the Nigerian nation.He said investigations by security authorities in Nigeria have profiled the IPOB led by Nnamdi Kanu as a budding terrorist organization with their activities confined to the south east.

He noted that the IPOB operates in the guise that the group and its members are agitating for the actualization of a Biafra republic while it is clear that the group is opposed to conventional tools for the campaigns for succession.Ebute said members of the IPOB have also being engaged in acts that bears the bold imprints of terrorism.

He said: "We are concernedat the exposure of traits of terrorism in IPOB as revealed by an intensive, painstakingsecurity investigation and analysis of the activities of IPOB’s Leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and his band of followers."The conclusions have been sourced and established from its relentlessly violent siege on Nigeria and promotion of hate campaigns as well as physical enforcement of compliance with illegal sit-at-home order through its militant wings,"Ebute said.

He further called on the UN security Council to invoke suitable laws to intervene in the plot by the group to drag Nigeria into crisis.

He said: "The UN is pleadedto immediately commence the process of investigating the activities of IPOB’s leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and membersof the organization which have radiated in flames of a terrorists sect. It has led to its tagging as a terrorists organization by Nigeria andUN is prodded to act in order to identity and do the needful to these pregnable threats to Nigeria and trans-regional security in Africa.The UN is implored to further initiate actions that would save Nigeria from this pending catastrophe arranged by IPOB in order to safeguard international peace and security. Our experiences indicate that some terrorists groups tormenting Nigeria today have confessed to been foreign-backed and funded.It underscores the need to give more attention to IPOB’s fierce aggression onNigeria.

Ebute added:"Please, accept our profound appreciation as we anxiously await an immediate response to this plea for intervention to halt the imminent disruption of peace and the obvious plunging of Nigeria into avertable crisis."

We earlier reported that the current Senate President, Bukola Saraki,announced that Nigerian Army declaration ofIPOB as a terrorist group is unconstitutional.Saraki also said the proscription of the group by south east governors is against the law.

While calling for peace in Nigeria, the Senate President further said the National Assembly will investigate the crisis between the Nigerian Army and members of the IPOB in some states in the southeast.

source: http://www.crowd24ng.com/2017/09/why-un-must-endorse-proscription-of.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by 40kobo77: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ok
Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by Yyeske(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
IPOB miscreants, how market and where is director Nnamdi kanu?
Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by limeta(f): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2017
Everybody just dey use ipob look for appointment sha
Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by Tenkobos(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
The coming election will be the first time in the history of this nation that terrorists will be allowed to vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by chernest2002: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
Time shall tell
Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by Omeokachie: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
Mr Ebute Meta was holidaying in Timbuktu when Buhari was dividing the country through his actions and utterances.

He moved fromTimbuktu to Siberia for honeymoon when arewa youth issued quit notice, and officials of this government can out to publicly support and defend them.

Welcome back Mr Ebute Meta.
May your ministry move to Costain soon!
Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by Stricker321: 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yyeske:
IPOB miscreants, how market and where is director Nnamdi kanu?

Don't you have shame? You have been told to come to flyover since but have not been seen.

1 Like

Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by modik(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cyynthia:
Very funny.
This is how Arewa youths urged UN to declare Ipob terrorist group and UN responded by urging ECOWAS and Nig govt to arrest Arewa youths. Till now, the arrest is yet to be made by Buhari, because they are his brothers
Now, this one is saying the same thing. I won't be surprised what the next response would be from UN because they don't reason like animals, just like idiotic vegetable and his maggots followers.

UN have been waiting for Nigeria to comply with their instructions, but Bubu has turned deaf ears, rather he personally declared IPOB a terrorist group which is laughable in the eyes of Int communities.

Let's relax and watch how this request this man is making will turn against him and Nigeria government as a whole just like it turned against Arewa youths. It's going to be very disastrous this time around.
Irony, if I must say.

I want to say that one day, Igbos will definitely leave this country and we Yorubas Christians will be the worst hit once they leave. Because as it stands today, Igbos are those checkmating the excesses of Northern dominance and Islamization agenda in Nigeria because 99.9 ℅ of them are Christians. The day they will leave, Yoruba Christians will be the worst hit because Igbos won't be there again to oppose northern Muslim dominance, hence making Islamization agenda very easy, since Christiansas will be few in Nigeria after break up.

Now take a good look at that map I attached below, Sharia law is bn practiced in 12 states already (which is totally wrong since Nigeria is a secular state). Now remove SE states, SS and some North Central that are mostly Christian states, of course I had to mention SS and Middle belts because, I can authoritatively tell you that they would never like to remain in Nig if referendum is conducted after witnessing the prosecution people of southern Kaduna are going through in the hands of those extremist. Now how many states are remaining ?.

Remember we have a lot of Muslims in SW. Yoruba Christians, can't you read the hand writing on the wall ?
In fact let me leak you a secret.. majority of those people opposing Ipob on nairaland are my muslim brothers, they believe that once Igbos leave, the urge for
Progressive Yorubas to seceded will increase thereby making them to loose northern muslims they see as gods. If you think that our Muslim brothers will support anything that will make them to loose Northerners, then you need to have a second thought.
There is a thread on FP already where some Yoruba youths are kicking against restructuring, check all their name, you will see where they belong. ( Yoruba Muslims) They can do everything to please northern muslims.
Very shameful.
Progressive Yorubas, stop sitting on the fence... seek for your freedom through Adeyinka Grandson, unless if you are comfortable with chains on your neck.

God bless Adeyinka Grandson and all lovers of freedom.

God bless you Cynthia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why UN Must Endorse Proscription Of IPOB – Former Senate President by modik(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cyynthia:
Very funny.
This is how Arewa youths urged UN to declare Ipob terrorist group and UN responded by urging ECOWAS and Nig govt to arrest Arewa youths. Till now, the arrest is yet to be made by Buhari, because they are his brothers
Now, this one is saying the same thing. I won't be surprised what the next response would be from UN because they don't reason like animals, just like idiotic vegetable and his maggots followers.

UN have been waiting for Nigeria to comply with their instructions, but Bubu has turned deaf ears, rather he personally declared IPOB a terrorist group which is laughable in the eyes of Int communities.

Let's relax and watch how this request this man is making will turn against him and Nigeria government as a whole just like it turned against Arewa youths. It's going to be very disastrous this time around.
Irony, if I must say.

I want to say that one day, Igbos will definitely leave this country and we Yorubas Christians will be the worst hit once they leave. Because as it stands today, Igbos are those checkmating the excesses of Northern dominance and Islamization agenda in Nigeria because 99.9 ℅ of them are Christians. The day they will leave, Yoruba Christians will be the worst hit because Igbos won't be there again to oppose northern Muslim dominance, hence making Islamization agenda very easy, since Christiansas will be few in Nigeria after break up.

Now take a good look at that map I attached below, Sharia law is bn practiced in 12 states already (which is totally wrong since Nigeria is a secular state). Now remove SE states, SS and some North Central that are mostly Christian states, of course I had to mention SS and Middle belts because, I can authoritatively tell you that they would never like to remain in Nig if referendum is conducted after witnessing the prosecution people of southern Kaduna are going through in the hands of those extremist. Now how many states are remaining ?.

Remember we have a lot of Muslims in SW. Yoruba Christians, can't you read the hand writing on the wall ?
In fact let me leak you a secret.. majority of those people opposing Ipob on nairaland are my muslim brothers, they believe that once Igbos leave, the urge for
Progressive Yorubas to seceded will increase thereby making them to loose northern muslims they see as gods. If you think that our Muslim brothers will support anything that will make them to loose Northerners, then you need to have a second thought.
There is a thread on FP already where some Yoruba youths are kicking against restructuring, check all their name, you will see where they belong. ( Yoruba Muslims) They can do everything to please northern muslims.
Very shameful.
Progressive Yorubas, stop sitting on the fence... seek for your freedom through Adeyinka Grandson, unless if you are comfortable with chains on your neck.

God bless Adeyinka Grandson and all lovers of freedom.

God bless you Cynthia.

(1) (Reply)

Seven Borno Local Councils Still Controlled By Boko Haram / Who Is The Best Head Of State In Nigeria's History? / Buhari Was Adequately Briefed On Poor Condition Of State House Clinic – CMD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.