Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,179 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan (2263 Views)

Revolution Now: Lady Sings After Arrest By Army (Video) / Lauretta Onochie: Sowore Faked His Re-Arrest In Order To Give DSS A Bad Name / SARS Headquarters On Lockdown After Arrest Of Sacked DSS Boss In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Triniti(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
Thousands of angry protesters gather in Barcelona after Spanish police arrest a dozen calatans government officials.http://sabahdai.ly/UcH9yX

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by whatmoreng: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
I don't see Army dancing the python dance. Why?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by IJOBA2: 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
SEE HOW DEM DEY USE SOLDIERS DEY INTIMIDATE THEM

1 Like

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
whatmoreng:
The army is not controlled by a sai barbarian

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Triniti(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
whatmoreng:
stuff like that will never happen in a civilized country

1 Like

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Blue3k(m): 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
They don't use military because police handling situation. Next thing you guys are forgetting about Spanish democrats is fact they threatened anyone supporting succession with jail time. Politicians supporting it face 8 years in jail and 20 year ban from politics. If the stakes were that high in Nigeria the SE governors would run out kill IPOB themselves.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
No matter the protests, nothing will still happen. There will never be a referendum in for self independence by the Catalonians...their struggle continues...
Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Triniti(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
No matter the protests, nothing will still happen. There will never be a referendum in for self independence by the Catalonians...their struggle continues...
yes you are right,I don't see Spain giving them independence anytime soon
Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by adem30: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Igbos should now realized that they have a very very loooooooooonnnnggggg way to go

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by PointB: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
King Bubu should send soldiers to shoot them all!

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Aufbauh(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
whatmoreng:

There's no need for it as different attitude will always attract different approach.
Again, obviously the crowd were not unruly pelting security operatives with stones and looking out for innocent citizens of other part of the country to kill.

Summarily the catalonians are far more civilized than the biafrans.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Cyynthia(f): 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
adem30:
Igbos should now realized that they have a very very loooooooooonnnnggggg way to go
Igbos started their own struggle 50 yrs ago, hence the civil war.
What they are fighting for now is Biafra restoration (it means that it's not a new struggle)because Biafra has existed for 3 yrs before as a country.
Understand the difference.
If you listen to Kanu, he always use the word "restoration". In a democratic settings, Igbos should have theirs ist even before this people.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by whatmoreng: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
Aufbauh:

There's no need for it as different attitude will always attract different approach.
Again, obviously the crowd were not unruly pelting security operatives with stones and looking out for innocent citizens of other part of the country to kill.

You are funny. The question can you see any Army there? Bring a battalion of Army in full battle gears, armored tanks and helicopters with machine guns mounted on it then see if the civilized Catalonians won't transform.
The bottom line is that the army has no business with protesters.

5 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Blackfire(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
Confusion everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by attackgat: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
Look at people pointing and shouting at security personell, nothing is happening

If it were Nigeria, shooting would start because of "confrontation"

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by RZArecta(m): 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
Buhari will just be looking at the king of Spain with one kind bad eyes, wishing he could send Burantashi to kill those stûpid Catalans.

Buhari is a barbarian fit for caves cool

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Crystolexy: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
Aufbauh:

Shot up, the security operatives didn't go to the home of their group leaders doing python dance even when they are not agitating.. these people have many things in common more than the IPOB and Arewa and Oduduwa yet they are pushing for a separate country.. use ur brain is given to you for logical reasoning

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by ashjay001(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Blue3k:
They don't use military because police handling situation. Next thing you guys are forgetting about Spanish democrats is fact they threatened anyone supporting succession with jail time. Politicians supporting it face 8y year in jail and 20 year ban from politics. If the stakes were that high in Nigeria the SE governor would run out kill IPOB themselves.

Dont mind those fools! Catalans are being arrested arbitrarily, yet wailers are still joyous, because d military was not invited?!

Nigerian police for that matter o?! A set of individuals, all nigerians(ipob, afonja, aboki) are in agreement of their ineffectiveness!?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by freshest4live: 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
I think we don't use police because Nigerians have no respect for the police, even Kanu and his men once chased them away.
Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Blue3k(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
ashjay001:

Dont mind those fools! Catalans are being arrested arbitrarily, yet wailers are still joyous, because d military was not invited?!

Nigerian police for that matter o?! A set of individuals, all nigerians(ipob, afonja, aboki) are in agreement of their ineffectiveness!?

It's quite weird to see this odd reaction. It's like they only selectively read news going on. If Nigeria goes that route it would be worse in some ways because they won't even give you opportunity to voice opinion. The politicians can't even bring it up and support their desires openly by law.

If the police are so bad what Buhari doing about it. It's under his control since it's a national police force. The Navy is solving their issues, Nigerian immigration solving theirs but police acting confused. The army must shoulder some of their load.

The ineffective police should be solved. My solution is decentralized police. The police claim it's funding and manpower. Citizens complaints about discipline and Corruption. There nothing army does that police shouldn't be able to do without their help.

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by freshest4live: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
Imagine the Catalans seceeding, what would be left of the Spanish league? Just Real Madrid and Athletico, mehn l just can't imagine that, even Real Madrid would get bored in two seasons.
Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by freshest4live: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cyynthia:

What they are fighting for now is Biafra restoration (it means that it's not a new struggle)because Biafra has existed for 3 yrs before , unlike these people that just started theirs recently.
If you listen to Kanu, he always use the word "restoration". In a democratic settings, Igbos should have theirs ist even before this people.
The Catalans started theirs 300years ago and they also fought a war.

5 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by TheFreeOne: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
Blue3k:
They don't use military because police handling situation. Next thing you guys are forgetting about Spanish democrats is fact they threatened anyone supporting succession with jail time. Politicians supporting it face 8 years in jail and 20 year ban from politics. If the stakes were that high in Nigeria the SE governor would run out kill IPOB themselves.
Lol grin grin grin

From their utterances / actions so far since the purported proscription of IPOB I won't rule out such possibility cheesy

1 Like

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Cyynthia(f): 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
freshest4live:

The Catalans started theirs 300years ago and they also fought a war.
Did their country ever exist ( Everything about a country inclusive)?.
Was there anything like re- integration the way Biafra re integrated with Nigeria ?
I think you need to understand my post, equip yourself with knowledge, understand the difference between restoration and non existence before you start quoting me. Smh.

7 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by freshest4live: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cyynthia:

Did their country ever exist ( Everything about a country inclusive)?.
Was there anything like re- integration the way Biafra re integrated with Nigeria ?
I think you need to understand my post, equip yourself with knowledge, understand the difference between restoration and non existence before you start quoting me. Smh.
Biafra did not exist, it was recognized by only 4 countries. Yes it was declared by Ojukwu l understand, but l don't think that was enough then.

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by Cyynthia(f): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
freshest4live:

Biafra did not exist, it was recognized by only 4 countries and only Frances as a world power, it was declared by Ojukwu l understand, but l don't think that was enough.
You keep contradicting yourself. You said it didn't exist, again you said it was only recognized by few countries. How can you recognize something that has not existed ?
What's the essence of re- integration if it did not exist ?.
Can one re- integrate what never existed ?
I think am done with you.
Goal post shifters everywhere...
Bye.

6 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by freshest4live: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cyynthia:
You keep contradicting yourself. You said it didn't exist, again you said it was recognized by few countries. How can you recognize something that has not existed ?
Bye.
Some countries do not exist as far as the UN or the world at large is concerned but are recognized by few countries.
Does Northern Cyprus exist or just the Republic of Cyprus?

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by ashjay001(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
Blue3k:

It's quite weird to see this odd reaction. It's like they only selectively read news going on. If Nigeria goes that route it would be worse in some ways because they won't even give you opportunity to voice opinion. The politicians can't even bring it up and support their desires openly by law.

If the police are so bad what Buhari doing about it. It's under his control since it's a national police force. The Navy is solving their issues, Nigerian immigration solving theirs but police acting confused. The army must shoulder some of their load.

The ineffective police should be solved. My solution is decentralized police. The police claim it's funding and manpower. Citizens complaints about discipline and Corruption. There nothing army does that police shouldn't be able to do without their help.

Guy, d truth be told, can u claim not to notice any improvement in police discipline?

The rate at which they are getting d sack sef dey fear me. Response to complaints are very high. Check points are more civil.

It wont happen overnite, but just like d economy, if they continue on ds path, I see a bright light, at d end of d tunnel!

I hope nobody is expecting a 100%tongue
Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by oladeebo: 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cyynthia:

What they are fighting for now is Biafra restoration (it means that it's not a new struggle)because Biafra has existed for 3 yrs before , unlike these people that just started theirs recently.
go to the history ok
Catalan is fighting for independence since 1800 AD!

1 Like

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by oladeebo: 8:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
in Nigeria it's marginalization!
in spain it's what?
Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by victorvezx(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
Cyynthia:
You keep contradicting yourself. You said it didn't exist, again you said it was only recognized by few countries. How can you recognize something that has not existed ?
Goal post shifters everywhere...
Bye.
Biafra never fully existed, it was still at the process of formation, it was only recognise by only 4 poor third world countries. It was never recognised by the United Nations or any World Poweer

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Protest After Arrest In Catalan by victorvezx(m): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
oladeebo:

go to the history ok
Catalan is fighting for independence since 1800 AD!
Don't mind that illiterate mumu. He thinks Catalonia independence struggle na just today

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

July 1st 2018 2am: Fulani Terrorists Attack Plateau Again / PDP And Dr. Agbaje Have Better Chance Of Wining Lagos State Now With Ambode Out / Thread For Igala Development Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.