Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,816 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others (14375 Views)

We, Not Ajimobi Govt, Suspended Your Salary – Ibadan High Chiefs Tell Olubadan / Photo Of Governor Ajimobi's Daughter Without Hijab Inside A Mosque / Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by zabadii(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2017
Danladi7:

I wonder ooo.

no be awolowo or bola ige also,i'm not so sure crown the first olubadan.Even he too self no be Ajimobi sign his certificate and presented staff of office to him?
Olubadan Okunola Abass 1930–1946
The first olubadan was crowned in 1936 and bola age was not born at the time even awolowo was a village teenager at the time . Google is your friend boy

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2017
afroniger:

Check your history well. It is even available on the internet. Olubadan used to be a baale. He did not start wearing a beaded crown until December 1976, under a military administration. The first olubadan to wear a crown was Oba Gbadamosi Akanbi Adebimpe 1976-1977. It is on the internet. It was even the Alaafin and oonirisa that advocated on his behalf that he deserves a beaded crown. It is on the internet. He is just being a hypocrite.

Not really.

Ibadan rulers starting from Lagelu wore crowns before they set it aside starting from Maye

Also note that the title of Baale of Ibadan wasn't inferior.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by asawanathegreat(m): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2017
Y wasting ur time instead of praying on how u will live long on ur throne..
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Intellad(m): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2017
afonja things.. i'm off... kill urselfs
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Danladi7: 9:10am On Sep 21, 2017
zabadii:

The first olubadan was crowned in 1936 and bola age was not born at the time even awolowo was a village teenager at the time . Google is your friend boy
why are you jumping like froggrin

cant you see that I said i'm not so sure.All I know was that,it was the government that crowned the first olubadan.
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by kode12: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2017
Go to Benin where the Oba is king,you can never hear of absurd things like this. The democratic government and the traditional stool know each it's place and it is highly respected. Oba gha to kpere!!! ISE!

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Zenithpeak(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2017
Many people missed it totally in their comments above. There is no way you will explain the situation that will prove Ajimobi right on this issue. no court can give a favourable injunction to him on the ground of legality except there is power play and arm twist judgement.

Go and have a clear understanding of how olubadan is being enthroned and come ask me your questions.

The process rendered olubadan without subjects.
The new kings has no clearcut territory.
Two kings emerging from the same compound.

Several anomalies .......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by emmanuel1880(m): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2017
i think d only problem is d high chiefs dat involve, because dey are still hope to bcom a king in d future which is never done anywhere in d world. U cant be a king and still hope of bcom a king.

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by joenor(m): 9:36am On Sep 21, 2017
Baba leave them... they are small pickins.
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by bullbull2: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Oluibadan is.not a king..
Obviously, he is not a Yoruba person
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by baby124: 9:45am On Sep 21, 2017
Good
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by tayo60(f): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2017
Olubadan is fighting for himself. D moment the chiefs were crowned, Olubadan knew they will no longer prostrate for him because kings don't prostrate, his own entitlement will reduced, anything they want to deliberate upon will be among all the obas. Olubadan's power and authority has reduced and so many more. D governor can't do something that is not constitutional. Olubadan said he took him 40yrs before he became Olubadan that d rest kings should wait for their time. Do you know how many years the crowned kings have been in the lineage of becoming Olubadan? From mogaji to where they are now? More than 30 years! So many sacrifices they have made!There were some that have died as high chiefs and never became oba because the process of becoming Olubadan is long. And some of the newly crowned obas will still die as oba and not becoming Olubadan. But now if anyone of them dies , he will die as a happy king. And mind you, Olubadan chieftaincy title is (Ajewo) meaning that until the present Olubadan dies, another can't be crowned. Look at the ages of the high chiefs before becoming Olubadan. Many of them above 80yrs. I strongly supported what the governor did. So pity my father was not among them, I would have become a princess by now! grin

5 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Jobabori(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2017
Danladi7:

why are you jumping like froggrin

cant you see that I said i'm not so sure.All I know was that,it was the government that crowned the first olubadan.
I do not agreed with you. Ibadan rulers were wearing crown before the time of Maye when the crown was torn into shread by his daughter hence Ibadans were called " Omo Fadeya" (The descendants of those who tore the crown). It was only restored in OBA Adebimple tenure that you referred to. It was not Ibadan first crown.

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Zenithpeak(m): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2017
emmanuel1880:
i think d only problem is d high chiefs dat involve, because dey are still hope to bcom a king in d future which is never done anywhere in d world. U cant be a king and still hope of bcom a king.

Tell them......

But by the way, the whole idea was bad abinitio!

The idea is to favour is son In-law who is one of the high Cheif to become olubadan but was impossible because of the structure on ground .....
You can ask people who knows what is really going on

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by fatymore(f): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2017
I want to be alapete of apete abi onisango of sango.. Lols.. Baba should just calm down.. He is taking this issue too serious

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by PrinceGallant: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Bolustical:
Olubadan wants to disgrace himself,

Ibadan is just too big for one person to rule,

Even the small Abeokuta (compared to IB) has around 4 Kings or so,

He should just respect himself.

As much as you are correct, you miss the true fact that stata of obas in Abeokuta are hereditary, the way the crownship of new obas is made is that they will be promoted until they reach level of Olubadan. Can a king be crowned more than one time?

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by belindar: 9:58am On Sep 21, 2017
I think Ajumobi did it for political reasons.
Is crowing Oba the most important issue in Ibadan now. Misplaced priorities. Ibadan is just 45 minutes from Lagos and they cannot tap from the development currently going on in Lagos. Ogun state is the worst. Ogun state indigenes have been president, speaker of the country but nothing to show for it. Misplaced priorities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Jobabori(m): 9:58am On Sep 21, 2017
tayo60:
Olubadan is fighting for himself. D moment the chiefs were crowned, Olubadan knew they will no longer prostrate for him because kings don't prostrate, his own entitlement will reduced, anything they want to deliberate upon will be among all the obas. Olubadan's power and authority has reduced and so many more. D governor can't do something that is not constitutional. Olubadan said he took him 40yrs before he became Olubadan that d rest kings should wait for their time. Do you know how many years the crowned kings have been in the lineage of becoming Olubadan? From mogaji to where they are now? More than 30 years! So many sacrifices they have made!There were some that have died as high chiefs and never became oba because the process of becoming Olubadan is long. And some of the newly crowned obas will still die as oba and not becoming Olubadan. But now if anyone of them dies , he will die as a happy king. And mind you, Olubadan chieftaincy title is (Ajewo) meaning that until the present Olubadan dies, another can't be crowned. Look at the ages of the high chiefs before becoming Olubadan. Many of them above 80yrs. I strongly supported what the governor did. So pity my father was not among them, I would have become a princess by now! grin
Can you see that your personal interest is the core of your submission?. You refuse to be objective because you expect your father to be part of OBA without domain. Every Mogaji wishes to end up as Olubadan not as a " chinko" OBA. A mogaji that becomes a "China" made OBA is unfulfilled, the joy of been an Olubadan is not there. He is a failure as he did not ascend the referred stool of his forefathers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by fatymore(f): 9:58am On Sep 21, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Tell them......

But by the way, the whole idea was bad abinitio!

The idea is to favour is son In-law who is one of the high Cheif to become olubadan but was impossible because of the structure on ground .....
You can ask people who knows what is really going on
It seems you know what's going on. Tell me more.. You sound like a friend.. Badmus

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by xwin(m): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2017
omowolewa:
Olubadan would win, and Onibadan would refuse to change his decisions.
cheesy
omowolewa:
Olubadan would win, and Onibadan would refuse to change his decisions.
you get sense

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Freelancerx: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2017
Season film grin
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by zabadii(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2017
Jobabori:

I do not agreed with you. Ibadan rulers were wearing crown before the time of Maye when the crown was torn into shread by his daughter hence Ibadans were called " Omo Fadeya" (The descendants of those who tore the crown). It was only restored in OBA Adebimple tenure that you referred to. It was not Ibadan first crown.
Ori re pee Omo Odua. Iwo yaato so Gambari tin pee Baba ree ni frog

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by bigtruth: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2017
The biggest changes are not to processes, but to attitudes, behaviour and culture.
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Samfigo1(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2017
Bolustical:

What do you know about Ibadan kingship??

what is called tradition is tradition!
why do you have to compare Abeokuta with Ibadan? Must we copy others, why can't they copy us?

Olubadan will win whether you like it or you don't!

#Bless you

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by awuf2008: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2017
The Governor seems to be power drunk, if not why did he dabble in traditional issues that does not concern him. May he has forgotten that he has less than 2yrs to vacate his present position.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Lokoyen(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2017
Bolustical:

Children of today. DO you know the significance of that throne! Olubadan is the only recognized king in Ibadan land. Its like saying Kano is too big for emir of Kano or sultan of sokoto to rule.

Ajimobi has over stepped his bounds and he will regret it.

The people are against him even gods of the land are angry with him.

He is trying to canvass votes from the newly crowned kings to favor his candidate in 2019 election.

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Lokoyen(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2017
Samfigo1:

What do you know about Ibadan kingship??

what is called tradition is tradition!
why do you have to compare Abeokuta with Ibadan? Must we copy others, why can't they copy us?

Olubadan will win whether you like it or you don't!

#Bless you

U dey mind those children that knows notin about Tradition. Ibadan has been existing as a kingdom even before Nigeria was made a Nation and its only One King.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by LOUIS6(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2017
Olubadan kin se egbe baba anybody, bo olubadan ba wo nika

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Lokoyen(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2017
Jobabori:

Can you see that your personal interest is the core of your submission?. You refuse to be objective because you expect your father to be part of OBA without domain. Every Mogaji wishes to end up as Olubadan not as a " chinko" OBA. A mogaji that becomes a "China" made OBA is unfulfilled, the joy of been an Olubadan is not there. He is a failure as he did not ascend the referred stool of his forefathers.

Thanks God bless
Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by Disneylady(f): 11:33am On Sep 21, 2017
Jobabori:

Too much selfish interest my brother.....why didnt Ajimobi bring up this protocols at the reign of the last Olubadan? why this man regime? Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by choplife007: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2017
The olubadan and his family has commercialized the throne....he himself dethroned the iyaloja and enthroned another one without consulting the olubadan council....
And I believe he's scared of sharing power with the 11 chiefs of ibadanland.... He shouldn't allow some yeye elderly politicians that are just changing political party for personal gains without considering their followers to mislead him oo. Because when a blind man misplace his working stick...he should be ready to embark on a blind journey....

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others by 1Asiwaju(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
hitman2911:
Every town has its own perculiarity and history. Comparison of Abeokuta with Ibadan in terms of number of kings does not hold water. Abeokuta is a commonwealth of Egba, Owu, Yewa, Ijaiye and other people. Ake, Owu, Ibara and Ijaiye were towns on their own likewise Oke - Ona and Gbagura also had many towns and villages back then
These people took refuge from war at different time in history in Abeokuta. Abeokuta kings were beaded kings for many generations before migrating to the current site now called Abeokuta today.
Ibadan was part of Egba old location before they were pushed to Abeokuta. Ibadan was a war camp and was ruled in succession by the war lords who were Magajis of their family.This history of having various strong warlords made Ibadan to refuse monarch system .Baale of Ibadan was a subject of Alaafin as at then. Olubadan was given beaded crown around 1940's in order to be in tune with reality of time. Olubadan cannot be a Baale when Ibadan was the biggest city in Africa then.
The high chiefs have been classified as 2nd class rulers for a long time but now conferred with crowns but now as 2nd class kings.
Every king has his own domain but this newly elevated kings will be ruling over their family except the Baales who were in charge of various villages.
There is a need for Ibadan kingship to be decentralised but this recent development seems to be full of errors.
The Nigerian kings in general are more or less a conduit for unnecessary expenditures. What is their function in a democratic setting? Every king should take of himself not constituting unnecessary burden to the people.
let's hear word

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eri Kingdom Celebrates Eri Festival (olili Eri) / Nigerian Languages You Speak or Write Well / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.