Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Is Rap Really Considered "music" Or Sumthin Else? - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Is Rap Really Considered "music" Or Sumthin Else? (1752 Views)

Come In Here!!! Is Rap Only Talent??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rap Really Considered "music" Or Sumthin Else? by DJWales: 5:50pm On Mar 02, 2010
I don't think rap is music. It has no melody which is necessary for music.
It's a bundle of statements, it's a rhytmic sort of speeching. I's vocal acrobacy, not music.
Martin Luther King did the same with his speeches: rhytmic and timed speaking.
Rap and hiphop:Tho' it's OK by me, but I still don't agree, one can do whatever he wants.
But don't tell me that it's music, because it isn't.
Re: Is Rap Really Considered "music" Or Sumthin Else? by snowdrops(m): 6:04pm On Mar 02, 2010
It is music but not singing
Re: Is Rap Really Considered "music" Or Sumthin Else? by abdurrazaq(m): 8:54am On Mar 03, 2010
Rap is more than music. It is only in Rap that you see the listeners (even Non-Hiphop heads) are concerned about what you have to say. So many laws that must be obeyed to make a good rap track, from metaphor to wordplay, rhymes & multies, above all, you must have something meaningful to say. Not saying that meaningless rap tracks are not plenty out there but, they don't last long just like other genre of music such as R&B.

The lyrics contained in a Rap track is enough to make a classic R&B album. A real rap artiste will be celebrated not because of what they earn as material rewards from their profession but also for the impact they've been able to make societally with their music. Think of greats like Tupac & Nas.

RAP IS THE MUSIC FOR THE DEPRESSED, IT'S THE VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS
Re: Is Rap Really Considered "music" Or Sumthin Else? by snowdrops(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2010
Most rap music encourages violence overtly or covertly.
The music video are too graphic and often sexual.
Away with this foul brand of music. . . . . .

Come in country music, jazz, classical music.
Re: Is Rap Really Considered "music" Or Sumthin Else? by FatFish: 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2010
I reckon Snowdrops is right, it is music but it isn't singing

(1) (Reply)

~ ~ ~ **** Hell In A New Dawn *** ~ ~ ~ GIYAZZ Vs FLUXMIND ~ ~ ~ *** / To Be Continued. . . [cypher] / |««FATAL-CLASH-OF-THE-WARLOCKS II|*ILLNESS Vs TEDDYBIYASI*»»|

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.