Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Virus Alert-how To Be Sure A File Is Safe Before Downloading - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Virus Alert-how To Be Sure A File Is Safe Before Downloading (417 Views)

Jumia, Kilimall, Aliexpress And Wish, Which One Is Safe To Order ? / How To Send A File With Xshare / How To Check If A File Is Safe Before Downloading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Virus Alert-how To Be Sure A File Is Safe Before Downloading by Spacelord360: 3:44am On Sep 21, 2017
I once bought this Tecno device whats the name again Tecno P5 (cool device way back), went to a friend on a faithful day to take some movie (i would kill for a movie …not literally ) without taking into consent protection from virus , it did hit me hard unno, loosed all file to a virus which i cursed its maker (was so angry).

That’s just one way you can get attacked by a virus, you can also catch one from just downloading a file online.

Have your device been destroyed by a virus or malware, then you defiantly know the pain of having to lose all files without a backup, how then can we escape this? Safety from them(like a link scan).

Safety from attack today have taken a new, Previously we rely on some antivirus for a scan on our device after a download to detect a virus.

Then the big question is:

What if its a new kind of malware?

Is the antivirus strong enough to fight it (because the harm may have already been done)

All these ques and more…whats the way forward?

Early detection , link scan.

If you are concerned a file might contain some malware, you don’t have to download and wait for an update from your antivirus to detect it, a Link Scan can check the file before you hit download.

Below is a tool with which you can now scan an about to download file with over 60 antivirus engines over the world before download. This is no substitute for all basic online security practice with which you can protect your device from some online threat but a way to perform a more in depth check on a file if concerned.

Link Scan Tool – Virustotal

See full report: http://techrector.com/link-scan/

(1) (Reply)

Apple Might Be Slowing Down Old Iphones To Preserve Battery Life / Infinix Set To Launch A New Device With Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor / Convert Your Gift Card's To Instant Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.