Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,283 members, 7,860,663 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

How do one Identify his or her Ridge Amongst Other Ridges In A Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How do one Identify his or her Ridge Amongst Other Ridges In A Farm (365 Views)

Can You Plant Yam In Ridges? / I Need Machine To Do Ridges In My 6 Acre Of Land / Photos Of A Big Python Killed In A Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do one Identify his or her Ridge Amongst Other Ridges In A Farm by patosky3310(m): 10:10am On Sep 21, 2017
How do I get my students to identify their ridges in their farm site? They usually get confused identifying their individual ridges in the farm site. So how do farmers do it?
Re: How do one Identify his or her Ridge Amongst Other Ridges In A Farm by eezeribe(m): 10:11am On Sep 21, 2017
When I was in secondary school (FGC),we used a number system to identify our ridges...
Each student's ridge was given a number,and the counting was made from a small cocoa tree at the right side of our school farm...

1 Like

Re: How do one Identify his or her Ridge Amongst Other Ridges In A Farm by patosky3310(m): 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
eezeribe:
When I was in secondary school (FGC),we used a number system to identify our ridges...
Each student's ridge was given a number,and the counting was made from a small cocoa tree at the right side of our school farm...

Were the numbers inscribed on a wooden material and made to stand by the ridge or were the students made to mentally number their ridge?
Re: How do one Identify his or her Ridge Amongst Other Ridges In A Farm by eezeribe(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2017
patosky3310:

Were the numbers inscribed on a wooden material and made to stand by the ridge or were the students made to mentally number their ridge?
Initially,the numbers were written on a wooden material with either chalk,water colour or paint,but sometimes rain would wash off the number or wind would pull down our wooden 'signboards'...
So we all did a simple exercise...
You either memorise your number or write it on your Agric practical workbook or do the both... These methods solved our problem permanently.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Supply Of Snails In Benin. / In Search Of Live Fowl Sales / The 2017 US - Nigeria Agric Business Investment Summit (hosted In Atlanta, Ga )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.