Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,957 members, 7,841,684 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba (4228 Views)

Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / On Festus Keyamo’s Tribal Baits Against Igbos; A Reflection / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Danladi7: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY,THE SOPHISTICATED BLESSED TRIBE OF YORUBA HAS BURSTED THE PIGS AND IDIOT LIES AS USUAL.

YORUBAS HATING ON IGBO THAT IS WHY YORUBAS SET UP RADIO BIAFRA AND STARTED CALLING IGBO ALL SORT OF BAD NAMES

YORUBAS ARE HATING THE COMPETITION BETWEEN NE AND SE IN TERM OF POVERTY

IGBO AND EMPTY CHESTBEAT ARE:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by IkpuMmadu: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
PapaBrowne:

I get your point very well. But I can tell you categorically why Igbos tend to trade certain goods better than others. Let me ask you a question, would an Igbo man be more successful at selling suya than a Hausa man? The answer is no and the reason is networks. Networks are built over decades and certain tribes have built better comparative advantages in certain fields than other tribes and vice versa. Igbos have a network of importers that span the globe and so are first in line to get the best goods at the best prices when it comes to imports. There are also other factors of collaboration that Ibos deploy as well as the mentorship system that are all cultural anecdotes that would always make the Ibo man thrive in business.
Also if you look at the Hausa man, they control the food trade because they have a massive network of farmers that only them can reach hence they can provide prices of foodstuffs that no other tribe an effectively provide.

Which one do Yoruba control ?

Now let me give you an instance...it's cultural

Have you ever tried buying something from a Yoruba woman or man first thing is that he will sit down non challan copy and ask you kilo fera, then ask you how many then ask you hope you have change ...doing it as if she is doing you a favour and she would be lazy to even go and look for change....if you bergain wrongly....they would bad mouth you ....calling you alaroro and what's not

Now as a customer....would you go back to her again ?

That's client service

Have you asked why most firms employ Igbo as marketers ...and you know marketers are the Brian of firms and they claim higher

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
If you visit any land and there is no Igbo man....leave that place and go....is evil and not fertile

There must be an agbala there.

1 Like

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by ba7man(m): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
I know it's Igbos that introduced fake goods, drugs, spare parts and everything fake into Nigeria.

If and Igbo man kills your family with fake drugs and you now hate him, is it really a waste of time?

3 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by vicadex07(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
shallysgirl:
Nobody mentioned yoruba. The author is yoruba.

if the author is Yoruba, then I am an alien from space...

3 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by deedeedee1: 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Have you ever tried buying something from a Yoruba woman or man first thing is that he will sit down non challan copy and ask you kilo fera, then ask you how many then ask you hope you have change ...doing it as if she is doing you a favour and she would be lazy to even go and look for change....if you bergain wrongly....they would bad mouth you ....calling you alaroro and what's not

That's client service

Have you asked why most firms employ Igbo as marketers ...and you know marketers are the Brian of firms and they claim higher
All what you wrote is pure gibberish!
Most firms employ ibos as marketers? Why do you ebowls like lying?
And yes i have bought stuffs from Yoruba women and i have not experienced the bullshiit you wrote.

Bloody ebowl liar!

4 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by deedeedee1: 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
profmiganigal:
If you visit any land and there is no Igbo man....leave that place and go....is evil and not fertile

Yes ooo. Sambisa forest is very fertile
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
profmiganigal:

Hahahaha. . .pls tell them
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

Yes ooo. Sambisa forest is very fertile

Igbos cant be there.....is only animals trained by north and arewa youths are carrying out operation there....not forgetting buhari their grand patron

Humans cant co-habit with animals....jackals and hyenas
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by kingcypress: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
giftq:

What of the Yorubas that prosper on the basis of SS crude oil?
Mr pig, we are debating on SE not SS. How many time do u want the SS to reject u bfor u undastnd dat no one want to asociate wit d pigs from potor-potor land.

3 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by deedeedee1: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
profmiganigal:

Igbos cant be there.....is only animals trained by north and arewa youths are carrying out operation there....not forgetting buhari their grand patron

Humans cant co-habit with animals....jackals and hyenas
Abia state gov said so himself

1 Like

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

Abia state gov said so himself

He is a rejected igbo man who takes order from sokoto caliphate....not an igbo....he is jst an evil idol...

And soon they will sacrifice him to amadioha
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
kingcypress:

Mr pig, we are debating on SE not SS. How many time do u want the SE to reject u bfor u undastnd dat no one want to asociate wit d pigs from potor-potor land.
Be consistent in your principles.
Yoruba depends heavily upon SS crude oil, so we must criticize Yoruba for not being successful based on their region alone.
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by deedeedee1: 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
giftq:

Yoruba depends heavily upon SS crude oil, so we must criticize Yoruba for not being successful based on their region alone.

Do Igbos not depend on crude oil?

3 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by ODVanguard: 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

That's client service

Guy, you can only bamboozle your fellow folks but sorry to burst your bubble, coz this subject matter has already been settled on the following thread that Yorubas are at the driver's seat of Nigeria's entrepreneurship, industrial and economic landscape.

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

Your people even opened a counter thread that couldn't even match-up.

https://www.nairaland.com/3926379/igbos-most-industrious-innovative-richest

Abeg compare and constrast both threads and you will objectively surrender.

The world doesn't start and end in your people's archaic and obsolete 2x2 mode of trading. Yorubas are more innovative and versatile in their approach to doing business, therefore we don't have to become nomads going about opening shops all over the place and call that entrepreneurship.

Name the industry. Is it Manufacturing, Services, Oil & Gas, I.T, Insurance, Banking, Restaurants and Hospitality, just name the area of entrepreneurship or business ownership in this country and we come tops, just that we don't make noise about it like y'all are known for. Even in the area of hotel ownership, we have facts to prove that we own more in our region than yours or any other for that matter. And I have data to prove this, no be mouth. We don't just make noise or wild claims and assumptions like you all are fond of doing, we back it with verifiable data.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

Do Igbos not depend on crude oil?
Dont deflect now. . .
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by IkpuMmadu: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
ODVanguard:

Guy, you can only bamboozle your fellow folks but sorry to burst your bubble, coz this subject matter has already been settled on the following thread that Yorubas are at the driver's seat of Nigeria's entrepreneurship, industrial and economic landscape.

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

The world doesn't start and end in your people's archaic and obsolete 2x2 mode of trading. Yorubas are more innovative and versatile in their approach to doing business, therefore we don't have to become nomads going about opening shops all over the place and call that entrepreneurship.

Name the industry. Is it Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, I.T, Insurance, Banking, just name the area of entrepreneurship or business ownership in this country and we come tops, just that we don't make noise about it like y'all are known for. Even in the area of hotel ownership, we have facts to prove that we own more in our region than yours or any other for that matter. And I have data to prove this, no be mouth. We don't just make noise or wild assumptions like you all are fond of doing, we back it with verifiable data.

Am not here to measure a dickk with you Oga....just stating my experience and contributing discourse....I don't doubt that Yoruba is the richest tribe in the Galaxy ...the streets are paced with diamonds and their houses roofed with gold and platinum

Are you happy now

I no get this time abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by IkpuMmadu: 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

All what you wrote is pure gibberish!
Most firms employ ibos as marketers? Why do you ebowls like lying?
And yes i have bought stuffs from Yoruba women and i have not experienced the bullshiit you wrote.

Bloody ebowl liar!

And mind you....I didn't generalise but I say my experience in Lagos

And also....they don't like competition and apprentice....
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by rlauncher(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
giftq:

Big lie!

The Southwest contribution to the federation by far surpasses the pittances it get from the Federation.

We don't need you people's oil money at all. That is why we have always champion the calls for fiscal federation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
rlauncher:

Big lie!

The Southwest contribution to the federation by far surpasses the pittances it get from the Federation.

We don't need you people's oil money at all. That is why we have always champion the calls for fiscal federation.
This is how you console yourself
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by ODVanguard: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Am not here to measure a dickk with you Oga....just stating my experience and contributing discourse....I don't doubt that Yoruba is the richest tribe in the Galaxy ...the streets are paced with diamonds and their houses roofed with gold and platinum

Are you happy now

I no get this time abeg

Yinmu. You are a typical hypocrite. You clearly stated derisively in that post I quoted that, 'Which one do Yoruba control', and when I confronted you with a response that rubbished your chest-beating you begin backslide. Those days of empty igbo chest-beating on this forum are over. Best believe that some of us are fully on-ground and well-equipped with more than enough facts to burst your lies. Real talk.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by rlauncher(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
ODVanguard:

Name the industry. Is it Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, I.T, Insurance, Banking, just name the area of entrepreneurship or business ownership in this country and we come tops, just that we don't make noise about it like y'all are known for. Even in the area of hotel ownership, we have facts to prove that we own more in our region than yours or any other for that matter. And I have data to prove this, no be mouth. We don't just make noise or wild assumptions like you all are fond of doing, we back it with verifiable data.

Thanks brother.

They are always boasting that they are the most enterprising people I Nigeria, argument that are not based on facts.

Just because you are more visible on the streets does not make you the most enterprising.

5 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by deedeedee1: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
rlauncher:

Thanks brother.

They are always boasting that they are the most enterprising people I Nigeria, argument that are not based on facts.

Just because you are more visible on the streets does not make you the most enterprising.
Ododo oro!!!

Word!!!

3 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Malawian(m): 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
rlauncher:

Igbos set up your kind of business beside you not playing fair like undercutting the prices below cost price level or faking/ adulteration of products with the hope of forcing you out of business, only to return to normal practices and prices when you are gone.They don't care if they sell vulture parts in their soup to you as chickens, so long as they make their money. We all know this.

Most of us Yorubas are either victims or witnesses to these kinds of evil schemes by a lot of Igbo's, but not anymore. We now owns the best electronic shops and Malls in town.
Ofcourse i had to reduce my prices for services done because that was the only way to obtain market share. If you undertand that it took me more than 5 months to save 100k then, then you will understand the sacrifice i made (I suppose that is the issue - Sacrifice). But, it still does not explain other stuff. While the Yoruba guy was selling tickets for 120 per hour, I reduced mine to 100 per hour. under two years, he folded.

The Igbo guy further down the street never reduced his own, it was still 120 all through. I have since increased it back to 120 grin grin but understand something, the new guy reduced and kept his at 100, yet i dont really feel the pinch from him, his cafe is smaller than mine anyways and so he cant cater for everyone. The New Igbo guy's cafe is closer to mine than mine was closer to the Yoruba's. Maybe he didnt have the stomach for conpetition, but i dont really think it is just that, there is something else at play. Even on very bad days here, i still meet target.

BTW, by the special grace of God, i make 100k plus every month now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by IkpuMmadu: 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
ODVanguard:

Yinmu. You are a typical hypocrite. You clearly stated derisively in that post I quoted that, 'Which one do Yoruba control', and when I confronted you with a response that rubbished your chest-beating you begin backslide. Those days of empty igbo chest-beating on this forum are over. Best believe that some of us are fully on-ground and well-equipped with more than enough facts to burst your lies. Real talk.

Oga which Kain wahala be this ...ok I am a hypocrite or hypocrite

Yoruba are the richest in the world and Galaxy
They have Ferrari as a car for farming
Use rolls Royce to go to market
Their roofs are gold
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by kingcypress: 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
giftq:

Pigy piggy, sit down, open ur brainwashed skull and learn, even if this will b d first n d last time u'l learn wit an open mind. Now to d topic, u pigs claimed u ar d "world developers" dat failed to develop d potor-poto land. U claimed u av 'developed' almost all d states in Nigeria witout mentionin d land of red-mud. Base on dat u cn c dat most states/regions ar independent except d igbo/ibo land (poto-poto). Why cnt u pple stay back at ur baren red-mud land. Stop seein d simplicity of other regions as stupidity. So, pigs equate friendlines to foolishnes? Dats y u wil 4eva remain backward. Generation of hate, stop blaming others for ur misfortune. Lastly we in South-SOUTH are not PIGS, so pls stop asociatin urselves wit us, its nt by force. God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
kingcypress:

Pigy piggy, sit down, open ur brainwashed skull and learn, even if this will b d first n d last time u'l learn wit an open mind. Now to d topic, u pigs claimed u ar d "world developers" dat failed to develop d potor-poto land. U claimed u av 'developed' almost all d states in Nigeria witout mentionin d land of red-mud. Base on dat u cn c dat most states/regions ar independent except d igbo/ibo land (poto-poto). Why cnt u pple stay back at ur baren red-mud land. Stop seein d simplicity of other regions as stupidity. So, pigs equate friendlines to foolishnes. Dats y u wil 4eva remain backward. Generation of hate, stop blaming others for ur misfortune. Lastly we in South-SOUTH are not PIGS, so pls stop asociatin urselves wit u, its nt by force. God bless Nigeria
Ah
We the south-south grin

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
ODVanguard:

Your savagery ehn.. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Malawian(m): 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
Until Buhari Economics really kicked in, now I am gasping for breath. I can breath. Who dey breeeth now?
Malawian:

Ofcourse i had to reduce my prices for services done because that was the only way to obtain market share. If you undertand that it took me more than 5 months to save 100k then, then you will understand the sacrifice i made (I suppose that is the issue - Sacrifice). But, it still does not explain other stuff. While the Yoruba guy was selling tickets for 120 per hour, I reduced mine to 100 per hour. under two years, he folded.

The Igbo guy further down the street never reduced his own, it was still 120 all through. I have since increased it back to 120 grin grin but understand something, the new guy reduced and kept his at 100, yet i dont really feel the pinch from him, his cafe is smaller than mine anyways and so he cant cater for everyone. The New Igbo guy's cafe is closer to mine than mine was closer to the Yoruba's. Maybe he didnt have the stomach for conpetition, but i dont really think it is just that, there is something else at play. Even on very bad days here, i still meet target.

BTW, by the special grace of God, i make 100k plus every month now.
Re: Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba by Ruggman: 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
This is a master piece, I agree totally with you. Unity of Igbos and Yorubas will enhance our collective development and growth. Unfortunately we prefer to hate the truth and fight shadows, apparently thinking that we are opponents and sworn enemies instead of partners in progress. May God help us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benin Republic Ready To Be Integrated As Part Of Nigeria. / Edo Is 100% Obidient. Our Pvcs Are Ready. (photos) / Biography - Ikedi Ohakim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.