Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. (493 Views)

Please Help! I need a mentor in blogging. / What Are The Biggest Names In Blogging That Has High Daily Traffic.?? / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by busybrain123(m): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2017
Blogging is one of the common means of making money online.

At a tender age, i became addicted to internet and social network. Am always online and active.
Back in college most of my friends use to call me guru because I always share browsing cheat and mobile tricks with them.

Instead of visiting others people blogs every day, burning my data I decided to create my own blog where I can easily share my ideas with others.

The beginning
Initially, it was not easy at all for me to set up my dream blog because of the following…

I don’t have any idea on HTML, CSS, and Javascript.
I don’t have PC (personal computer).
I don’t have the money to hire a web developer.
After much of online research, I discover that I can still blog with my smartphone even without the knowledge of HTML. Another problem that still remains is how to design the blog. As a newbie, I don’t have any knowledge on web development.

So I decided to start a free blog. I started with blogger but before then I have read online on how to customize a blog. The domain name was mytechmore..com. Looking at the blog, I said to myself this is not what I want. I wanted something better that looks professional.

After three months, I decided to move to a self-hosted WordPress blog. I hired a professional blog developer who deeds a nice job for me.
I change my domain name to naijatechgist.com because I needed traffic from Nigeria. Here in Nigeria, the competition is not that much, with hard work my Technology blog has the chance to grow.

You might also like to read Top 5 common questions among new bloggers and their answers.

My mistakes.

Am not different from others so I also made some of the common mistakes among newbie bloggers.

One of the mistakes that almost cost me my blog is Theme. I keep changing Themes like cloth. I will change this one today and tomorrow I will see another theme that seems to be the best, the nest thing is to switch to that very theme. Within three months I changed about 15 different themes, and this really affects the little traffic I was getting then and it also cripples my SEO.

Copy and paste are among the mistakes I made from the start. back in school days, we were taught not to copy from others, so I won’t lie that I don’t know the side effect of copy and paste to SEO. But the idea of keeping my blog up to date keep pushing me.

Another mistake that I made is SEO. I never payed attention to this popular words among bloggers search engine optimization. I keep reading about SEO here and there but I never implement them on my own blog.
No wonder my blog post is always at the last page of google anytime you search for them and this makes me feel demotivated. I never knew I was the one killing my blog.

My lessons.

So far I have learned a lot from blogging. Before I don’t know anything about SEO but right now I can boastfully tell you that am SEO expect. Apart from that, blogging has transformed me into a better person. I have learned the following in this few months of blogging…

I have learned how to write much better now than before.
I have mastered the keyboard.
I have made a lot of genuine friends online mostly from different countries.
I have mastered HTML, CSS and Javascript tags and some programming languages.
Right now am beginning to feel like a responsible person.
Conclusion.

If you are blogging to make quick money I will advise you to quit now because you will never make a penny from your blog. Blogging is not for lazy ones as some people portray it to be, but for those who are willing to adjust, learn and apply.

I’m determined to keep blogging till I become a successful blogger.

Re: My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by busybrain123(m): 8:52am On Sep 22, 2017
Re: My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by iihtlagos: 8:58am On Sep 22, 2017
great

1 Like

Re: My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by MrGistGuy(m): 9:17am On Sep 22, 2017
so u dont ctrl+V again
Re: My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by successincentiv(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2017
Nice one. You made the right decision to migrate to wordpress

1 Like

Re: My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by busybrain123(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
MrGistGuy:
so u dont ctrl+V again
Nop grin
Re: My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by busybrain123(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
iihtlagos:
great
Thanks.... cool
Re: My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by pauljumbo: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nice post op

You will succeed

1 Like

Re: My 4 Months Experience In Blogging. by kabarka(m): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
successincentiv:
Nice one. You made the right decision to migrate to wordpress
Why did you say that?

(1) (Reply)

Professional Bitcoin Mining Script | Check Here / How Can I Learn Web Designing Online For Free. Please Assist / How To Make Legit Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.