Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 (8801 Views)

Dangote Plans Fuel Exports To Europe, Others / Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month / Prices Of Foodstuff Drop Significantly – Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by Sall(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2017
cr7rooney10:
Kantoyon

Yes that's what it is been called in my villa back then.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by Deoboss(m): 9:10am On Sep 24, 2017
At least we have started some thing good by exporting raw cashew nut then we will upgrade to exporting processed cashew nut sooner than later

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by CEOYOMZZYBLOG: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by demolaxl(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2017
bamite:
And I have over 200 hecters of fertile land left by my father wasting in benue state, while I'm busy looking for white collar jobs.. smh

I'm fully going into cassava farming, cashew, orange and oil palm plantation.

That is the future of this country, as oil money will soon be a thing of the past.

If u are looking at selling any part of it, call me, i'll help u sell it.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by lomzy1(m): 9:40am On Sep 24, 2017
ban1:
This is the best news this year. Can anybody tell me how to invest in the production of cashew nut. I live in Europe and can come down for any good business proposal. Lets discuss the refinery of the product to international standards.
cashew nut is a viable business but it also has its risks just like any other business. it could make or break someone. it Is also capital intensive.

learn more about cashew nuts business here:

www.nairaland.com/883892/free-report-cashew-nuts-business
www.nairaland.com/1975363/cashew-nuts-trading-what-need
www.nairaland.com/1090563/comprehensive-textbook-cashew-nuts-trading..now
www.nairaland.com/3267865/business-plan-proposal-cashew-nuts

visit my blog: cashewbiz..com

2 Likes

Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by lomzy1(m): 9:41am On Sep 24, 2017
op..nice job!
thanks for the thread.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by nizzyong(m): 9:47am On Sep 24, 2017
ban1:
This is the best news this year. Can anybody tell me how to invest in the production of cashew nut. I live in Europe and can come down for any good business proposal. Lets discuss the refinery of the product to international standards.
let's discuss on that, am from kwara state we have a lot of cashew farmaer in kwara. if you are willing to go into it whatsapp me 07037130747
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by Pidginwhisper: 9:48am On Sep 24, 2017
Nutase:
its a cash based business.you travel to villages to buy the cashew nuts. [s]The villagers mostly prefer cash and they can kill you if you are not smart.[/s]
Secondly, the villagers are very smart. They can show you good nuts and change it in your presence and sell bad nuts to you.
Thirdly, transporting it to Lagos is another challenge. I've seen cases were the drivers diverted goods worth millions of naira.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2017
Please ring it louder, the downsides of doing business in Nigeria today.
Nutase:
its a cash based business.you travel to villages to buy the cashew nuts. The villagers mostly prefer cash and they can kill you if you are not smart.
Secondly, the villagers are very smart. They can show you good nuts and change it in your presence and sell bad nuts to you.
Thirdly, transporting it to Lagos is another challenge. I've seen cases were the drivers diverted goods worth millions of naira.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by lomzy1(m): 9:56am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=Pidginwhisper post=60774790][/quote]
that is why it is advisable for any trader or investor to learn the trade, before investing money.
there are so many technical aspects involved.
in fact it is a very technical business.. you need to learn how to determine the KOR, MOISTURE CONTENT AND NUT COUNT.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by lomzy1(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2017
CASHEW NUTS TRADING.. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
CASHEW NUT is an agro export crop. Though active to South America, it is cultivated in
some parts of West, Middlebelt and Eastern Nigeria. Areas like Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Oyo,
Anyigba, Enugu, Lafia, Keffi etc.
The cashew nut tree is mostly cultivated for its nuts: the raw cashew nut is gray in color
with about 3mm thick shell, inside this shell is the edible kernel covered by a light brown
skin. It is either exported as raw cashew nut, i.e. in-shell or as processed cashew nut
kernel in special packaging.
Most raw cashew nut is exported to India and
Vietnam while the processed cashew kernel is
exported to Europe and America being the largest consumer in the world.
The crop season in Nigeria is from February - May. But trading is usually all year round,
some traders usually store the raw cashew nuts and sell when it is out of season and
scarce.
HANDLING.
A raw cashew nut that looks good on the outside may have bad kernel inside. The yield of
the kernels, percentage of defective, average size of the nuts and moisture content are
used to determine the quality of the nuts, which usually determines the price a buyer may
offer for any raw cashew nut.
Hence effort should be made to improve or
conserve the expected good quality derived from proper handling.
THE FOLLOWING GOOD PRACTISE CAN HELP TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF CASHEW NUTS.
Do not harvest or pluck unripe cashew nuts because the kernel may be shriveled or
immature. Hence, only mature and ripe cashew nuts should be harvested and this be done
daily.
Do not let the nuts remain on the ground for more than a day before gathering to avoid
long contact with soil moisture, sprouting and deterioration e.g. decay.
Sundry the harvested nuts as soon as possible for two or three days depending on the
intensity of the sun.
Sundry on a clean surface and should be lightly spread (not higher than 3 inches) and
turned regularly to allow uniform dryness.
Do not expose dry cashew nuts to moisture. This is a major requirement for agricultural
commodities.
Use only jute bags to bag raw cashew nuts.
Do not heap it un-bagged or in plastic containers to avoid deterioration especially if not
properly dried.
Do not bag it in poly-propylene bags.
QUALITY STANDARD.
Cashew nuts meant for export must be thoroughly dry and reasonably free from
extraneous matter such as sticks, stalks and other vegetable matter other than cashew
nuts. It must also be free from stones.
Total impurities (stones, sticks, stalks and other
vegetable matter) shall not exceed 0.5% of 1kg
sample analyzed.
NUT COUNTS:
170 – 180 ……………….. EXCELLENT
181 – 190 ……………….. VERY GOOD
191 – 200 ……………….. GOOD
201 – 210 ……………….. MIDDLE
211 – 220 ………………. LOW MIDDLE
221 – 230 ………………. LIMIT ACCEPTABLE
ABOVE 230 ………………. POOR.
Note: 170 – 210 nut count is usually the benchmark for exporting raw cashew nuts. But
some importers may not be willing to buy RCN that is above 200 nut counts.
In Nigeria, the nut count per 1kg sample varies from zone to zone. While zones like
Ogbomosho has between 170 and 180/185, kogi – 190 to 205/210, ondo – 190 to 205/210,
Ilorin – 190 to 205, lafia/keffi
– 200 to 210, etc.
MOISTURE.
Exportable quality shall not be more than 10%. You have to make sure the raw cashew nuts
are properly sundried and the moisture content must be properly analyzed.
KERNEL OUT-TURN RATION (KOR)
It is the quality of good nut we get from 80kg of raw cashew nuts. The count is in pound
per 80kg.
KOR REMARK
48 – 55 EXCELLENT
45 – 47 GOOD
40 – 44 AVERAGE
BELOW 40 LOW/POOR
DEFECTIVES
Diseased or mouldy – shall include all nuts which when cut reveal the presence of fungi
growth or a milky patch or a spread of brown or black spot on the split kernel. This is often
caused by high moisture for several days prior to proper dryings, wrong packing and
improper storage.
BROWN RANCID ROTTEN (BRR) – shall include all brown, rancid, rotten and discolored
kernels which are light yellowish in color. This is caused by similar factors listed above.
VOID – these are nuts which show absence of
kernel, emptiness or absence of a kernel of useful size. This is probably caused by natural
malformation.
IMMATURE/SHRIVELED – shall include all nuts which when cut contain space between the
kernel and the shell, shrink or contain kernel that is not fully developed. This is caused by
harvesting immature nuts.
SPOTTED – shall include all nuts which show the presence of a black or brown spot on the
kernel.
This is caused by insect bite at the early stages of the development of the nuts.
INSECT DAMAGE (WEEVILLED) – shall include all cashew nuts which when cut show a
state of insect attack or weevilled or presence of bead-like or powdery particles. Poor
storage condition is responsible for this.
CHECK TEST FOR QUALITY
Carrying out a quality check test on cashew nuts like every other agricultural export
produce begins with proper sampling. Samples shall be drawn from not less than 30% of
consignment, sample shall be
properly mixed, reduced and from which 1kg
sample is drawn for analysis which include
moisture, nut count, defectives and finally KOR.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT METHODS:
The quality of a bad cashew nut consignment can be improved by hand picking.
HAND PICKING – means picking or removing all suspected cashew nuts such as very small
nuts, light weight nuts apparently rotten, broken or wounded nuts out of the consignment.

MORE TO COME... KEEP FOLLOWING.

READ AND LEARN MORE ABOUT CASHEW NUTS;
www.nairaland.com/883892/free-report-cashew-nuts-business
www.nairaland.com/1975363/cashew-nuts-trading-what-need
www.nairaland.com/1090563/comprehensive-textbook-cashew-nuts-trading..now
www.nairaland.com/3267865/business-plan-proposal-cashew-nuts

CHECK OUT MY EBOOK ON CASHEW :
1. A COMPREHENSIVE TEXTBOOK ON CASHEW NUTS TRADING = #2500 (TWO THOUSAND
FIVE HUNDRED NAIRA ONLY)
2. BUSINESS PLAN AND PROPOSAL ON CASHEW NUTS TRADING FOR LOCAL TRADERS,
IMPORTERS & EXPORTERS = #4000 (FOUR THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY)
CALL 07064821943
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by lomzy1(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
Specifications of processed cashew kernels.
White Wholes
W180
W210
W240
W320
W450
W500
Scorched Wholes
SW
SW180
SW210
SW240
SW320
SW450
SW500
Dessert Wholes
SSW (Scorched wholes seconds)
DW ( Dessert wholes)
Brokens
White pieces
B (Butts)
S (Splits)
LWP(Large white pieces)
SWP(Small white pieces)
BB (Baby Bits)
Scorched small pieces
SB (Scorched butts)
SS (Scorched splits)
SP (Scorched pieces)
SSP(Scorched small pieces
Dessert pieces
SPS (Scorched pieces seconds)
DP (Dessert pieces)
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by lomzy1(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2017
adewaleykhas:
please where is the company sited in lagos because i did not want to sell to my customer again.....He did something that really pains me alot during this year business and here is my number if you are interested in buying from me 08130538417
what is your capacity?
How many tons can you supply in a season?
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by Alennsar(f): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2017
SillyMods:

Harvesting is from 18 months to 36 months. But after the first year, no significant investment for almost eternity. Harvesting is yearly after the first three years though. Another major worry is Security.

security is d major problem. people kill for it. in most. places. and thieves. are. just too. much. in. my. village for example a mudu sells for 3000naira dis year and one person can gather upto 70 mudu in just a week. but it. is a very good business especially for d villagers.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by excess4luv: 10:24am On Sep 24, 2017
dfrost:

Yes. Don't waste time.
Boko Haram is occupying our territory
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by laliga01: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2017
Exporting cashew when we can't see cashew to buy... small cashew inside nylon for N100.
Make it available for citizens before taking it outside. Mbok.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by ebbo(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2017
ban1:

Come down first, there are other businesses plans like ginger, garlic and sheer butter export with 50% return of investment
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by gidjah(m): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2017
Nutase:
its a cash based business.you travel to villages to buy the cashew nuts. The villagers mostly prefer cash and they can kill you if you are not smart.
hmmm never knew I had a sister who plies that trade .that biz carries some risk dear, those villagers suddenly started using juju to blind n cheat us,and since u are always on cash, they send their thugs after u.But its all about been the hunter and another ,the bird,we are changing our approach gradually.sister give me your contact lets talk further pls
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by adewaleykhas: 11:53am On Sep 24, 2017
lomzy1:
what is your capacity? How many tons can you supply in a season?
500 to 600tons
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by chidistrong: 1:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
Which company can one really sell cashew nuts in lagos
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by anukulapo: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
I'm happy for us, let's brag about our forex while a bottle of cashew but is 1,800 on the streets of Abuja.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by realpoacher(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
ban1:

You might want to check out this thread

No processor in Nigeria as of today that I know of because it is extremely capital intensive. Your best bet is to buy from farmers and export which is what Nigerians are doing.

[url]
https://www.nairaland.com/3737110/how-succeed-cashew-nuts-business[/url]
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by bayulll011(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2017
ban1:

if u live in Europe all we want from u is get a company we can export to.

u will be a happy man before the end of the year
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by wristbangle: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Nutase:
Good but very risky business.

Can you please tell me the risk involved?
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by dfrost: 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
excess4luv:

Boko Haram is occupying our territory

Your territory? Where's that?
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by davidsthe(m): 1:15am On Sep 25, 2017
But this should not stop one who's determined to make some money...I've been into cashew now not less than 4years and I've never really experienced any of this,
That's not to say it doesn't happen though but your tone tend to suggest a high incidence or occurrence of these 'risk elements'

Nutase:
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 25, 2017
ban1:

Seriously, I was thinking of the processing aspect.

Why would someone sell an item for $1,800 instead of $12,000 ?

The processing should involve shelling and baking.

Then packaging the Baked cashew to the specifications of your foreign buyers.

All you need do is get foreign buyers first and ask them the condition they would want their cashew delivered.

I can source any qyantity..
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 25, 2017
Nutase:

You are making me laugh very hard.

All these things you are saying sound funny.

Is there any business without risks ?

Food business nah bush market nah.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by chisco8: 11:52am On Sep 25, 2017
Nutase:

Very good points. High risk with high reward if everything clicks well. I'm trying to find out if there are any suppliers in Abuja that I can go and check out.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by aariwa(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
nizzyong:
let's discuss on that, am from kwara state we have a lot of cashew farmaer in kwara. if you are willing to go into it whatsapp me 07037130747
Good proposal if its in very large quantities
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by blinky777: 3:05am On Sep 26, 2017
realpoacher:

You might want to check out this thread

No processor in Nigeria as of today that I know of because it is extremely capital intensive. Your best bet is to buy from farmers and export which is what Nigerians are doing.

[url]
https://www.nairaland.com/3737110/how-succeed-cashew-nuts-business[/url]
There are proccessors in nigeria but quite few.
Re: Cashew Nut Exports Increased Significantly By 463% To $37m In Q2’17 by adewaleykhas: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
ban1:
yes,we have been looking for people like you who really understand business,have been into this business for a while and i have who that i do sell my goods too but dew to the trash that happen between us makes me to made up my mind that i will not sell to him again.......i do deliver 500-600tons per session,here is my contact if you are interested to buy from me-08130538417,samson adewale kehinde(facebook),adewaleykhas@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Av 2.5million Naira But I Need To Start A Profitable Buisness. Advise Me Pls! / FIRS Dismisses Report Of 50% VAT Increase / WE Buy Faulty,old,scrap & Condemned Vehicles(car,bus,truck) Lagos & Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.