Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning (42355 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Empty Vault Spotted At Ikoyi Cemetery (Pictures) / Lightning Strike Kills 19 Cows In Iba, Osun / Lady Takes Her "Perfect Selfie" In A Cemetery Wearing Bra And Mini Skirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
enemyofprogress:
so you sabi English?
Neggae
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by charlsecy(m): 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
macphilip:
why give the dead double punishment after the thunder has killed him
He was killed by lightening, NOT thunder. Thunder doesn't strike people dead.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
macphilip:
why give the dead double punishment after the thunder has killed him
thunder didn't kill him, lightening did
Thunder doesn't kill
Lightening does.
Maybe in Islam lightening is from the devil not God.
So they feel the man died a bad death. And yet they bury accident victims in that same cemetery.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by laidoure4real(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
But Alfas will be on ground for the fidau prayer.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by walesalak(m): 6:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
Actually. i once heard in yoruba tradition of sango worshippers that anyone struck by lightening must not be touched untill certain rituals are performed by d sango priest. Hence the fear by d cemetary attendants. all other tribes too have theirs. so lets not form saint. We are redeemed by d most high God. This grace is sufficient for everyone who believes in it.

I.M.O dos traditions are supposed to av been scrapped long ago. definitely we will get there............. wink

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Fodest: 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
naijahut:
Muslims and their useless laws

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by shakespere: 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
SIMPLE COMPREHENSION: He was rejected because traditional rites have been done on him, and refusal for Islamic rites to be done on him. ITS A MUSLIM BURIAL GROUND

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Engrduke: 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
naijahut:
May God overlook your shortcomings.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by teemy(m): 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
In all fairness to the cemetery guys if the man's folks knew they were going to use a strictly muslim cemetery they should not have gone against islamic tenets in the first place. I also wanted to raise blame until I read the reason for the rejection.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Oladipo1166(m): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
cc: lalasticlala, seun Y is Nairaland like this, I was at the scene yesterday, I posted it here on Nairaland but they refused to move it to front page

https://www.nairaland.com/4070641/civil-servant-killed-thunder-strike
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by 3kay945(m): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
NotNairalandi:
the lord told me that this op above me has nothing to say....she was just rushing to occupy the FTC position ....

pls where is Evans the kiddnapper?

Evans dey kirikiri dey chop a plate of beans per day
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Segun61(m): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
why now? let the dead rest in peace.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Oladat(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
free2ryhme:

So why exactly did they refuse to bury him? Because he was struck by lightning?
You asked a sensible question.According to the article,the traditionalists have performed a traditional ritual on the dead body.Now,his people (dead man) want him buried in a Muslim cemetery,but the management of the cemetery rejected the body because the cemetery is strictly for Muslims.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by bigdoo: 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
Why dem go put wahala for dead body?
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Kamoryemi2580(m): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
naijahut:
you and your brainless posts������

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by lekankolade(m): 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
naijahut:

U and your useless brain...
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Tobium1(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
But seriously, yesterday's rain and thunderstorm was bizarre, i was scared to the teeth. So I'm not surprised it killed someone
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by ernieboy(m): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
Frenchfriez:
Very stoopid ppl with irrational thinking.
Brings me to what I have been advocating about: Personally, after all my useful organs have been harvested for donation, the remaining part should be used for scientific research and training, and the rest cremated. I'm too useful to just rotten underground like that, can still touch lives even in death.
organ had vesting only occurs if the person dies young and healthy, I don't think any wishes to GI atva young age.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Diso60090(m): 5:49am On Sep 23, 2017
River nor dey that sin city
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by mankind05(m): 6:54am On Sep 23, 2017
naijahut:
get sense
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by olamikhx(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2017
free2ryhme:

So why exactly did they refuse to bury him? Because he was struck by lightning?

No, read the post clearly, he wasn't rejected bcoz of the way he died but because certain ritual have been performed on him in line with traditional believed associated with thunderstorms.

Why taking the corpse to Muslim cemetery when traditional ritual has already been done?
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by olamikhx(m): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
thunder didn't kill him, lightening did
Thunder doesn't kill
Lightening does.
Maybe in Islam lightening is from the devil not God.
So they feel the man died a bad death. And yet they bury accident victims in that same cemetery.

No, read the post clearly, he wasn't rejected bcoz of the way he died but because certain ritual have been performed on him in line with traditional believed associated with thunderstorms.

Why taking the corpse to Muslim cemetery when traditional ritual has already been done?
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by makahlj2: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2017
endtime thingz.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by gloriousprogidy(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2017
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by Aurobindo(m): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2017
And 99% of them can not go anywhere without have "laya" charms round their waist just for protection from what I don't know. Later again you will see them claiming holiness and purity that all their powers came from God. Is God the supplier of laya charms?
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:11am On Sep 23, 2017
olamikhx:

I didn't read the whole story. since the traditionalists had done something on the corpse they should have just buried him instead of taking him to a cemetery again. See Tue kind of stress they are making the dead man go thru.

Now it understand, thanks
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Of Civil Servant Killed By Lightning by PierreDeFermat(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
olamikhx:

thanks bro,people don't read in this part of the world. I wonder why everybody is blaming Ali Agan or Muslim community for rejecting the corpse. Ali Agan said on radio today sef that people keep flooding his phone with messages since the thunder strike like its unfair to reject the corpse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Year Snake I Killed Today 1/1/2021 / Kano Girl With No Limbs Carried In A Bowl (Photos) / Burial Of Moses Tarnongo, Benue Lecturer, Wife, 3 Children Killed In Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.