Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,922 members, 7,866,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:46 PM

The Only Day I Board Train In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Only Day I Board Train In Nigeria (486 Views)

NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike / Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Day I Board Train In Nigeria by pol23: 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
The only time I tried travelling via train in Nigeria..it's a total waste of time...I was going to Minna...there was no flight connecting Minna from Lagos..I decided to give train a trial instead of flying to Abuja and going to take Bus again...when distance from Abj Airport to the metropolis sef na like 1 hour.... na so I go ask for detail 3 days before then, I was told the train leave by 7:00 am and with first class...I was at there Terminus in Iddo (Ebute meta) around 6:00am... I can see a lot of people. Most of which are Hausa and Fulani's with dirty and gabbages they call laugage... non of the staff was within sight... Where I was sitting I ask a man if the train already left..He said no... say na like 10:00am e go be if it ll work....I was like what do you mean if it ll work...He further explain that there re times the train won't work as Planned... I was like how about today...He said let's hope...na there I Don dey know say I Don feel uncomfortable... no info desk... okay...where will I buy the ticket...He said na when dem sure say the train go travel before them begin dey sell Ticket... I was left wondering what's happening in their dirty lobby with those hausa''s making heavy noise and sitting even on the floor... I stayed cos someone told those hausa''s no go dey the same couch with us... say the Hausa's no dey buy the first-class ticket.... Okay... after hours of wondering why Arsenal haven't lift the EPL trophy since I start supporting the club ...I suddenly hear a loud bell ( gbongaun gbongaun)..people started rushing..I was like na trumpet go sound for rapture no be bell na...Whalai that bells is the ticket selling alert... they start pushing dem self to buy ticket... I begged one middle aged man say I make He help me buy..cos those people are fucking stinking...the time was around 11:00 AM oo... since 6... na him dem say the train no get first class say the generator no work.... wetin man go do.... I decided to buy the regular ticket at least na to reach Minna be the goal...but unfortunately the regular couch is as messed up as dumping ground.... I can't breath in there.... na so I carry my bag they go back home ooo...reach house like 2:00 pm...
The questions are:
Why won't a whole Nigeria Railway cooperation has a functional help desk?
No functional contact... the only option to contact them is to go to their office.
Since my last encounter with them in 2015, I've been thinking about giving them one more trial...
But I have to confirm first so as not to face a similar problem...I've searched for their contact all over and I discovered to contact them , you ll go to their office...
Government spent billions on this cooperation and to set up a 3 man customer care so hard.
The website is as good as dead..last updated 2014.
Twitter account last twit 2014
Phone number is not reachable

please ignore grammatical error...please
Re: The Only Day I Board Train In Nigeria by OriflameNIG: 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
What a an experience

1 Like

Re: The Only Day I Board Train In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
Their service has not improved. If you must go by road its better you divide the journey into bits. Board Ibadan from Lagos, from Ibadan, board Ilorin from Ilorin board Minna.

1 Like

Re: The Only Day I Board Train In Nigeria by 4lorunsho(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
my brother, I can relate .

1 Like

Re: The Only Day I Board Train In Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2017
My Brother i can understand...I would also love to have experience a train ride in Nigeria.Mum took me on it then when i was 7 years old.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help On Us Denied Visa / International Airport Road Construction Traffic Update / 26 Dead Nigerian Women Found In Spanish Warship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.