Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,445 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike (20184 Views)

Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? / Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by nlfpmod: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGeXNX70sM?si=-6qUR_DrS4CLF7u1

As shared Daramola E. Adenike:

On my way to Lagos from Ibadan today, some NRC employees lured us to board the train without tickets. Initially, they acted like they were taking us to the ticket counter only for them to lead us to the Railway without official ticket.
They collected cash on transit.

On 02nd October 2023, my friends and I were going back to Lagos after a weekend getaway in Ibadan.

We arrived at the Train Station around 03:40pm. While we were walking to the entrance of Obafemi Awolowo Train Station Ibadan, a uniformed NRC official approached us.

Oh the story did not end there!

When we got to Funmilayo Kuti Station in Abeokuta, people boarded the train but guess what? They sold Coach 7 tickets to them without assigned seat!

These people got onboard and no seat.

It was so embarrassing. I had to let a lady share with me.

I shared this experience on one of the Tourism forums I am part of on WhatsApp and here is what someone shared on the group.

My question is, what did the RDM (Railway District Manager) do about it?

Why is this still a problem after someone has raised the awareness?

Source: @Dara4Enjoyment (Twitter)

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by Tetrahedron: 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
E don be!
They will run it down like defunct Nigeria Railuway
grin grin

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by inoki247: 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
Lol the citizens are not different from the Politicians....

What I'm I even saying are the Politicians an allien they're from same set of Citizens.....

Every Format to loot and siphon money all came from the street....

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by hbk001(m): 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
Don't you know how Naija be before... Our ways are never straight.
From top to bottom, we are so evil and enmeshed in corrupt practices

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by Marialina9188: 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
Mmmmmm let me read comment
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
Until we start shooting corrupt people like they do in china. This will never end

83 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by yewit37486: 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
Later, these ones will be blaming government for corruption. Hypocrites.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by yahoodetector: 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
So this is how they want to run their HEAVENLY BLUE RAIL? LMAO!! grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by FalseProphet1(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
Niger will be great again.

This I have seen.

5 Likes

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by smokanabizz(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
Okay

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by Skyfornia(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
Corruption everywhere

7 Likes

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by AfroBeatDiary: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ehn
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by sofeo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
Alright
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by jaeyking(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
And you blame and lay curses on the politicians

You boarded a train without ticket
Are you not meant to get the ticket before reaching the departure line

Yet a staff led you to the coach, I bet you were happy that dey are doing bonanza (criminal mind like yours)
Then u gave dem cash and I'm 100% sure that the cash you gave was way less than what was required to pay

What difference exist between u and the politicians
What I'm I saying sef, the politicians are citizens of Themis country

20 Likes

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by GeneralPula: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
ednut1:
Until we start shooting corrupt people like they do in china. This will never end
Sadly, this is the only way to kill corruption in Nigeria..

13 Likes

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by Angelfrost(m): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sigh... You see this Naija ehn... Progress go hard die.

Every day, I get totally convinced that we can't even raise upright leaders from within and amongst ourselves... An average Nigerian child is already irredeemably immoral and corrupt, seemingly from the womb.

Our strong family values have become completely eroded... Religion, in all its huff and puff, has lost its firm grip on the character of those who practice it here.

The future of this nation is looking pathetically grim and dim all around. Smh!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
nlfpmod:

gogoal
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by Nahunger(m): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
grin cheesy

Why dem no jump out of the train 🤗
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by nurudeen181(m): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
if you understand this journalist simple English please explain to me...
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by omoadeleye(m): 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
They are about to ruin the project.

And their life will still be miserable

13 Likes

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by GloriousGbola: 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
nlfpmod:

they need to privatize NRC

it is as simple as that.

the day a new oga invokes disciplinary measures they will start screaming workers rights

these ones will also be complaining about nigeria - when it is their own counterparts that are also in other sectors fking things up

22 Likes

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by ImoleNaija: 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
Corruption everywhere angry.

May God help Naija.

1 Like

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by Sharpsharp00123: 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
ednut1:
that can never work in Nigeria

Imagine those obi mumu with guns?

4 Likes

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by jahsharon: 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
You go Explain Tire, because No Evidence
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by Menclothing: 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
Citizens and leaders are same thing

But citizens will be luring to themselves

Confused countrymen

1 Like

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by jahsharon: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
inoki247:
Lol the citizens are not different from the Politicians....

What I'm even saying are the Politicians an allien they're from same set of Citizens.....

The citizens are the Politicians nah. Evil people all in the land called Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by yusluvad(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
ednut1:
Honestly!
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by JohnAOne: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
NIGERIANS!!!
Re: NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike by phemmyfour: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
nlfpmod:

Development doesn't thrive in the midst of corruption

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Survives Gas Explosion In Malaysia (Photos) / PHOTOS: Trailer Falls In Ajegunle, Lagos / How Do I Travel To Ghana From Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.