Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Gov. Hassan Dankwambo Shows Proven Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Hassan Dankwambo Shows Proven Leadership (416 Views)

David Mark, Lamido, Dankwambo To Step Down For Tambuwal ‘within 48 Hours’ - SR / Road To 2019; President Muhammadu Buhari Versus Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo / Hassan Dankwambo: A Sure Bet For Another PDP Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Hassan Dankwambo Shows Proven Leadership by VEE2010(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
Electoral processes participation involves much more than just voting. And as a patriotic citizen of the federal Republic of Nigeria, it is my duty to press further my belief and political participation derives from the freedom of expression, association, ability to take part in the conduct of public affairs, and the opportunity to either register as a candidate or give my support to someone I believed can achieve great milestones in our political landscape. It is not too early to anticipate mostly when you are dealing with facts driven by good intention and positive inclination.
Dear friends and my beloved ones, I want to go on record as supporting the aspiration of Dr. Hassan Dankwambo for the office of the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria come, 2019 (By God’s grace).
From the record, Dr. Dankwambo has worked successfully as Accountant General of the federation and he is still working very effectively as the incumbent Governor of Gombe State.
I became a great fan of this man – Dr. Dankwambo having listened to one of the interviews he granted then as Accountant General of Nigeria and from that day, I knew he will certainly go places not until he showed interest in leading Gombe state.
As Governor of Gombe state, Dr. Dankwambo has achieved great milestones in infrastructural development in Gombe state. He is a man with less scandals either in his personal or political life. Just recently, news broke out and went viral in the media about one civil servant alleged to have been detained in his order for insulting him and his mother. As a great fan of this man, I quickly made some effort to reach out to him to either accept and apologize or debunk the allegation, although, I doubted his direct involvement in the matter from the onset and his response to my message was in line with my thought. His noble response as expected of a true leader even though, I am not in support of anybody casting aspersion on elders or elected representatives.

His response below:

“I SUPPORT FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH
My attention has just been drawn to news making round the media that a Civil Servant is standing trial for insulting me and my mother. I am not aware of any such case. I will never support such an action which negate democratic standards.
There are always overzealous aides and supporters who can't stand criticism of their boss but such actions will not be allowed in Gombe.
Nigeria is a free nation and citizen's right to freely express themselves and hold the government accountable is one of the ethos of democracy.
People insult and criticize me, my mother and family members on a daily basis but I have never for once taken action against them. Why now?
I support freedom of speech and freedom after speech. Everyone in Gombe will testify to this.
I Will direct an investigation into this.
Those using my name to intimidate people who express themselves must stop. If they don't stop, I will stop them”.

Considering his track record in his public life, Dr. Dankwambo having served as Accountant general of his home state, Gombe and Nigeria, respectively, Dr. Dankwambo understands the requirement to close virtually all the leakages in our collective wealth and channeling same into proper use to transform the economy and Nigerians condition in general.
Beyond a doubt, Dr. Dankwambo is the most qualified person to run for Presidency amongst those that showed interest in occupying ASO ROCK come, 2019 (By God’s grace).
Dr. Dankwambo exemplifies honesty, fairness, and thoughtfulness. He is a bridge builder and does not discriminate. I have spoken with few of my friends from Gombe state and non-indigenes who reside in Gombe, their responses are in line, talking about the man – Dr. Hassan Dankwambo. He is relatively young, at 55, he is still very okay to occupy the center of Nigeria and I believe he will use his vast knowledge of his public life to create a better balance between social, political, regional need of this great country.
It is my believe that, power is from the Almighty and in His sole wisdom and mercy bestows power on anyone He pleases. I pray that, He will find Dr. Hassan Dankwambo worthy to lead this country come, 2019.
It is also my prayer that, Nigerian youths will see beyond the following:
• Ethnicity
• Political party affiliation
• Regional politics
• Religion
• And other means known by politicians to divide us during and after elections.
One thing we cannot deny is;
• Hunger does not recognize your ethnicity, religion, political party.
A vote for Dr. Hassan Dankwambo come 2019 is a vote for freedom and good governance.
I have decided to pull my weight behind him, I will canvass for him, I will stand with him, I will trust in his judgment and I will support his nomination come 2019.
Dear Friends, please join me!

Brief Background of Dr. Hassan Lawal Danwambo
Dankwmbo was born on the 4 April 1962 at Gombe.[1] He graduated from Ahmadu Bello University in 1985 with a degree in Accounting. He obtained a Master of Science degree in Economics from the University of Lagos in 1992 and a PhD in Accounting from Igbinedion University.[2] He began his career with Coopers & Lybrand in 1985, and worked at the Central Bank of Nigeria from 1988 to 1999. He was then appointed Accountant General of Gombe State, holding this position until 2005.[3] He was appointed Accountant – General of the Federation on 20 April 2005.[1] He held this office until he resigned to start his campaign for election as Governor of Gombe State January 2011.[3]
In the 26 April 2011 election, Dankwambo won 596,481 votes, ahead of Alhaji Abubakar Aliyu of the Congress for Progressive Change(CPC) with 91,781 votes and Senator Sa'idu Umar Kumo of the All Nigeria People's Party with 84,959 votes.[4]
As a Governor, Dankwambo lost his deputy Mr. David Miyims Albashi,who died on 4 November 2011 in a German hospital of injuries he sustained in a car crash on August 28 on November 4, 2011. On the 17 December 2011 Alhaji Dankwambo appointed Mr. Tha'anda Rubainu as current Deputy Governor.

Written by Comrade Victor Richworths
ufr_net02@yahoo.com
+221 78 420 32 02

(1) (Reply)

Counter Thread On "Why I Love Lagos State" / Fayose Dares PDP, Declares For President, Writes To Party / After Spending 18 Months In Prison, Did Nnamdi Kanu Run This Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.