Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

What Do You Know About Osun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Know About Osun State (5245 Views)

Gov Ayo Fayose Finally Speaks Out About Osun State Election / Facts About Osun Governorship Election 2018 And Age Of Contestants / Osun The Food Basket Of The South West. 8 Facts About Osun Agricultural Sector. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About Osun State by Eze2000(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hi, people,

I need to ask a question and I need all the frank answers I can get before arriving at a final conclusion on a decision that could make or ruin me.
I wish to know all about Osun state becuase I'm about to move down there. Basically, I'm relocating due to my (online) business there from Lagos due to this horrible power supply issue. I pay heavy bills and NEPA only brings light for three hours at midnight embarassed embarassed Spend more on generator and fuel but the damn machine won't start when you need ti most. I'm sick of Lagos, it's killing my business.

I read a thread here last two months that said Osun state has the highest power supply rate in Nigeria, averaging 22 hrs daily. Made some inquire and found this to be true but you see, I want to know more so I know exactly what I'm getting myself into here. What better place to acquire knowledge than Nairaland?

Here goes....

1. How expensive are food and accommodation down there? It is hell here in Lagos and I sure don't want to run from frying pan to fire.
2. I'm Christain and I heard that Osun is a very Muslimised state...how will this affect me?
3. I'm a single Igbo guy and naturally I'm worried about my prospects of getting a good wife in a state like that, it's bad enough in Lagos here and there are Igbos here.

These are my main worries and they boil down to a few words....how expensive, suitable and sociable is Osun state to a single Igbo guy looking to make the best of his online business.

All knowledgeable responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by MikeBetty(m): 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Protect Ur Skull Against .....Mining. Every Other Thing Will Be Solved While Alive. People From That Side Shouldnt Even Bother Quote Me Cos I Dont Have Time For You.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
grin
Eze2000

Welcome. cheesy

Averagely electricity supply in osun state is good. But for food, food items are not that cheap... As you know now nothing is cheap everywhere.

But the standard of living is not that high sha.

Mind you, don't expect Lagos liveliness to osun because most places in osun state can be boring. But for an online business person like you. No internet traffic jam like that like that.... You get? wink
Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by xmich(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
They are very good in skull mining, breast and virgina harvesting and the rest of them.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
angry

As for whether you're Igbo or not Igbo.... We don't have time for that in osun everybody goes about minding his own business. No one sees you.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
grin cheesy

Don't mind other immature responses you might be seeing on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by deedeedee1: 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
Op, as you can see, your brothers have given you their opinions. Dont go to "skull minning" state, pack and go back to Biafra. Stop running away from your land.

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Eze2000(m): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
OrestesDante:
grin
Eze2000

Welcome. cheesy

Averagely electricity supply in osun state is good. But for food, food items are not that cheap... As you know now nothing is cheap everywhere.

But the standard of living is not that high sha.

Mind you, don't expect Lagos liveliness to osun because most places in osun state can be boring. But for an online business person like you. No internet traffic jam like that like that.... You get? wink

Understood, bro

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by walesalak(m): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eze2000:
Hi, people,

I need to ask a question and I need all the frank answers I can get before arriving at a final conclusion on a decision that could make or ruin me.
I wish to know all about Osun state becuase I'm about to move down there. Basically, I'm relocating due to my (online) business there from Lagos due to this horrible power supply issue. I pay heavy bills and NEPA only brings light for three hours at midnight embarassed embarassed Spend more on generator and fuel but the damn machine won't start when you need ti most. I'm sick of Lagos, it's killing my business.

I read a thread here last two months that said Osun state has the highest power supply rate in Nigeria, averaging 22 hrs daily. Made some inquire and found this to be true but you see, I want to know more so I know exactly what I'm getting myself into here. What better place to acquire knowledge than Nairaland?

Here goes....

1. How expensive are food and accommodation down there? It is hell here in Lagos and I sure don't want to run from frying pan to fire.
2. I'm Christain and I heard that Osun is a very Muslimised state...how will this affect me?
3. I'm a single Igbo guy and naturally I'm worried about my prospects of getting a good wife in a state like that, it's bad enough in Lagos here and there are Igbos here.

These are my main worries and they boil down to a few words....how expensive, suitable and sociable is Osun state to a single Igbo guy looking to make the best of his online business.

Thank you!

I think food isnt that as much expensive in osun neither is that of accomodation. infact an average salary earner of 70k in lagos is a big boy in osun.

Osun is not an islamized state. forget the fact say dat gov just dey carry dos usely goatie about everybody is @ liberty to practice his/her own religion.

If u are sincere you can get a good woman of ur choice. Bad as e bad enter OAU premises, UNIOSUN, FEDPOLY EDE premises u go see better Igbo gal.. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
walesalak:

I think food isnt that as much expensive in osun neither is that of accomodation. infact an average salary earner of 70k in lagos is a big boy in osun.

Osun is not an islamized state. forget the fact say dat gov just dey carry dos usely goatie about everybody is @ liberty to practice his/her own religion.

If u are sincere you can get a good woman of ur choice. Bad as e bad enter OAU premises, UNIOSUN, FEDPOLY EDE premises u go see better Igbo gal.. cheesy

Oshe baaa mi!!! wink

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Eze2000(m): 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
deedeedee1:
Op, as you can see, your brothers have given you their opinions. Dont go to "skull minning" state, pack and go back to Biafra. Stop running away from your land.

Wetin, u dey do for Naira land? Why u no pack go your own village?

I'm bred in Lagos, proud owner of two private houses in the Ojo-alaba area were food too cost for people like u way no dey pay rent.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by deedeedee1: 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eze2000:

Wetin, u dey do for Naira land? Why u no pack go your own village?

I'm bred in Lagos, proud owner of two private houses in the Ojo-alaba area were food too cost for people like u way no dey pay rent.
Biafra man, i live in my own house. I dont pay house rent. Listen to your brother's advice. Dont come to skull mining state. Go back to Biafra!
Fucckking Biafran!

13 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Bari22: 7:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
ok
Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Tolexander: 7:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eze2000:
Hi, people,

Here goes....

Thank you!

Not Every part of Osun experiences 22hours of electricity. Osogbo and Ede areas, I can still guarantee you the much needed hours up to 22hours electric power supply.

Accommodation is also very cheap in these areas mentioned, low cost of living and transportation.

Not heavy traffic as experienced in Lagos State.
Forget religion. Religion isn't much emphasized on in my state.

Bot the problem you may encounter is language barrier if you cant really communicate in Yoruba Language withe the natives.
Also the market you need for your product may not be very available as needed.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Eze2000(m): 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

Biafra man, i live in my own house. I dont pay house rent. Listen to your brother's advice. Dont come to skull mining state. Go back to Biafra!
Fucckking Biafran!

Blah, blah, blah, post your rent receipt here or shut up. You don't own a rat's ass.

I live in many places by the way, owerri, Abuja, Lagos, , depending on the season. Osun looks more attractive now. Thinking of buying land there already since everyone is on the one Nigeria brand wagon.

Oh, wait, I don't remember asking your input on anything now did i?

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
Why are you choosing Osun over Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia and Imo?

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
MikeBetty:
Protect Ur Skull Against .....Mining. Every Other Thing Will Be Solved While Alive. People From That Side Shouldnt Even Bother Quote Me Cos I Dont Have Time For You.
you don't have info about what you're saying
electricity : excellent
food : cheaper
security :excellent

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eze2000:

Blah, blah, blah, post your rent receipt here or shut up. You don't own a rat's ass.

I live in many places by the way, owerri, Abuja, Lagos, , depending on the season. Osun looks more attractive now. Thinking of buying land there already since everyone is one Nigeria.
Oh, wait, I don't remember asking your input.

Since You've lived in Owerri, one would think you'd prefer Owerri over Osun. Unless you're saying that Osun is more developed than Onitsha.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by deedeedee1: 7:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eze2000:

I live in many places by the way, owerri, Abuja, Lagos, , depending on the season. Osun looks more attractive now. Thinking of buying land there already since everyone is one Nigeria.
Oh, wait, I don't remember asking your input.
You dont need my input. Your brothers have already told you not to go to skull minning states.
Go back to Biafra! You remember One Nigeria when things benefit only you.
Fucckking Biafran!

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 7:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Can't your business prosper in Anambra?

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

You dont need my input. Your brothers have already told you not to go to skull minning states.
Go back to Biafra! You remember One Nigeria when things benefit only you.
Fucckking Biafran!

I can't think of any Ibo traders who made their millions in Igbo land.

They tend to survive in Yorubaland like Lagos, Ibadan, Osun and Ogun state.

Moving his Business to Biafra might be risking its potential success. Biafra is a landlocked region; it's not viable for business, tech, agriculture or industrialism.

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Eze2000(m): 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:
Why are you choosing Osun over Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia and Imo?

Two reasons, bro.
I have assets in Lagos and would not want go too far away.
secondly, Osun seems to be the origin of half the nation's power supply. A staggering 23 hrs a day on average no be joke.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by deedeedee1: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
walesalak:

Tell dat Baifran to go back to Biafra. They insult my land and still want to live there.
Fuccking Biafran!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eze2000:

Two reasons, bro.
I have assets in Lagos and would not want go too far away.
secondly, Osun seems to be the origin of half the nation's power supply. A staggering 23 hrs a day on average no be joke.

Oh my!!

Let's see.

Delta and Edo states aren't too far off, if you can't move to your father's region.

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
walesalak:

All Yoruba states are Islamisized because Yorubas are equally Xtians and Muslims.

So please don't go to any Yoruba states. Go to Delta or Edo state.

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by deedeedee1: 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:

They tend to prosper in Yorubaland like Lagos, Ibadan, Osun and Ogun state.

Moving his Business to Biafra might be risking its potential success. Biafra is a landlocked region; it's not viable for business, tech, agriculture or industrialism.
They insult our land, culture and people, but they can never do without coming here. They call us Ewedu amd Amala people, our land skull mining land. Yet, they cant stay in their land.
Shameless, useless, crazy Biafrans!

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

They insult our land, culture and people, but they can never do without coming here. They call us Ewedu amd Amala people, our land skull mining land. Yet, they cant stay in their land.
Shameless, useless, crazy Biafrans!

That's why I support their Biafra....... deportation on the lowkey wink

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Eze2000(m): 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:

They tend to prosper in Yorubaland like Lagos, Ibadan, Osun and Ogun state.

Lol, thanks for your support of Biafra but you are a terrorist according to buhari. We are one Nigeria now.

And u are wrong there. There are Billioniares in the east who have no assets elsewhere but never mind them

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eze2000:

Lol, that guy was only making trouble for me not reasoning.

But are a bit wrong there. There are Billioniares in the east who have no assets elsewhere. Enugu, Aba, Onitsha, they've got it.
The thing wrong with the east is that it doesn't see d profit of the little oil it has and so stuff like electricity is hell. The whole is a mess.

Who are the billionaires?

What business are they into?

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Eze2000(m): 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:

Who are the billionaires?
What business are they into?
Never mind, just assume the worst.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by kn23h(m): 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eze2000:

Never mind, just assume the worst.

You make claims without support and you're trying to divert your resource-less claim on my person.

Tsk tsk.

Anyway, nothing is in Osun for Ibos, please try neighboring non-Yoruba states.

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Osun State by Eze2000(m): 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:

Oh my!!

Let's see.

Delta and Edo states aren't too far off, if you can't move to your father's region.

By your geographical calculation perhaps. But I got duff my hat to you, you cynical crook.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Resting And Chilling At His Residence In Abuja (Photo) / Two Kwara Female Commissioners Exchanged Blows Over Diversion Of LG Fund / Yorubas Liberated, Igbos Still In Bondage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.