Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army (36291 Views)

Afenifere To Fulani Vigilantes: Leave South-West Now Or Face Hostility / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland / Nnamdi Kanu Petitions UN, EU, US, UK, Russia, Israel, Over Military Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by OBAGADAFFI: 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
Doyin2:

The reason is simple.

We do not recognise Afenifere /Odumakin as the real yoruba leaders.Their utterances carry very light weight!

The army had been ''dancing'' in the south west ,even before odumakin was born grin

The Niger Delta militants/terrorists had been curtailed in Ikorodu,largely because of the military ''dances'' .So many other instances.

In sane countries,the army is highly respected,no matter their short comings.

I expect only fools to take Odumakin serious.

Just shut up.

Who knows you in Yorubaland?

Are your Jeunjeun Politicians in the SW better than Afenifere?

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by Dare2Try(m): 11:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
stephanie11:
Pro Yoruba group, Afenifere has warned against the planned launch of 'Operation Crocodile Smile II' in the south-west.

The group's statement is coming shortly after the Nigerian army declared on Wednesday that 'Operation crocodile smile II' was going to be launched in the South-western part of the country adding that it was aimed at going after kidnappers, Badoo group and other criminal groups in the south-west.

Speaking to Punch, Spokesperson of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin had this to say about the development;

"There is no basis for it (troops deployment); there is peace in the South-West and calm in the South-South as of now except there are fifth columnists within the administration who just want to provoke crisis where there is none.

If they say they are looking for kidnappers, even in the South-West, where they say they want to deploy troops, it was the police that arrested the notorious kidnapper, Evans. They arrested him without firing shots or carrying out any major operation, they simply used intelligence and arrested him.

If there should be any crime that the military want to curb, it is the police that should do it. There is no need for any Operation Python Dance, they should go and dance in the North-East where Boko Haram killed an Imam and others in Borno a few days ago,".

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/22/military-operation-in-southwest-go-and-dance-with-boko-haram-afenifere/

Epic, this is what I call knockout the morons should go and dance in sambisa simple
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by Doyin2(m): 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
misano:

* Meaning of Police: The civil force of a state, responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the maintenance of public order.

* Meaning of Army: A large body of persons trained and armed for war.

I put this two words and their meanings so U can see how dumb U look when supporting Buhari.

Another idiot spotted grin

Globally accepted definition of an Army:

An organized military force ,equipped for fighting on land.

Army don't just fight wars ,they can also fight other criminals like armed robbers,kidnappers,terrorists,etc, as a compliment or supplement to the police.

The Navy and air force also fight wars.

But if Kidnappers or robbers escape through the waters,the Navy can be called upon to deal with them,as a compliment to the police.

The navy,airforce and army, can also be stationed on waters,air,land,respectively, to prevent armed robbers and kidnappers from operating,not only when there is war!
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by omofunaab(m): 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
Oksman:

Your submission is myopic my friend, soldiers are trained to defend the territorial integrity of a nation and not to arrest or track ritualist!

You are the one who is myopic.. .

The Armed forces may be considered adequate and effective for the purpose of suppressing insurrection and acting in aid of civil authorities to restore order when called upon to do so by the President.

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by bestpunterever: 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Too many operations but patients are dying. Soldiers don turn doctor.
NIGERIA I HAIL THEE
To the southwesterner who were supporting the military invasion on unarmed civilians in the east.
Una see wetin una cause. Where else on earth will this happen expect in war torn areas.
You suppose to know better. I think say na una get lawyers pass
pained soul, must u blame westerner for all the evil that befall u, why can't u blame yur governors that invited pythons to come and dance on ur head.

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by dejiro30(m): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
Just for ur notice de arrest of Evans (kidnappers kingpin) involved heavy exchange guns fire n lasted over 40minutes. Northeast has experienced OPERATION GUN EXCHANGE II n nobody or group will stop de anticipating OPERATION CROCODILE SMILE II
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by okenta2017: 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
HottestFire:

The military is only dancing where there are agitations for referendum or restructuring.

grin grin

Like I said inter earlir, Those of us agitating for Restructuring long night awaits. There are no such thing as the North said this the North

said that,. The minority north have long departed them, we are only hearing the wishes of Fulani North. The so called AREWA are just

North West and Not East.. Let them start something funny they will be surprise at the response they will get from'' we the North.''

I think this is height of stupidity for Nation's army to be deplore for a police work. The Nigerian rag tag army is being

deplore to the south to intimidate the South and middle belt for agitating for restructuring of Nigeria. France and Britain fought against

each other in many wars, but when British and other countries which fought against each other saw the intent of German Hitler to

conquer and dominate the Europe they put aside their deference and confront a common problem. For any one to believe that those

arms coming through the port are for IPOB must be day dreaming. They are just arming the boys in case the agitation for restrucring

should get out of hand when the oil well has not dried up. South the time to unit is now. Don't be deceived, ipob are not bring in any arms.

Assuming they want to bring in arms will it be through Lagos port when they have so many porous border in the East where they could

bring in what it take to confront the Nigerian Civilian rag tag army not hunters rifle.

4 Likes

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by Nyouth: 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
Chascop:
reasonable enough.

Eastern leaders are really dumb.. None spoke out like this.
allot of them did my dear but will the army listen
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
Bapy:
Army are trying to curb insecurity in the country before it escalate but some morons are against them.This was how boko haram escalated in the North east. Go on Nigerian Armed Forces... Haters go and swim in the lagoon.
what of fulani herdsmen or those people that sung those songs in hausa insulting igbos, the army will not do anything against them, no operation slaughter ram, the sooner we get our visas and fly out, the better
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by kikake: 12:11am On Sep 23, 2017
Chascop:
reasonable enough.

Eastern governors are like Yoruba Muslim extremists; both have different agenda not for the good of the entire south of Nigeria.

Eastern governors are purely on their own representing their pockets and their families, Yoruba Muslim extremists represent anything Sokoto Caliphate represents in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by baddosky1: 12:25am On Sep 23, 2017
The Army should come with food and drinks and afenifere will change their ringing tone! Sample was played out in Ondo. Hungry people!!
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:37am On Sep 23, 2017
that's is why I like the y orubas. .if they want to fight the Nigerian gov't on any issue they stay United. .don't know why pple on nairaland call them afonjas. .I was born n bread in Lagos, ajegunle to be precise n u dare not dance in a Yoruba man territory o. .he will unite with even his enemy just to defeat u. .am still waiting to hear the response of both factions of the OPS led by Adams and Fredrick. .una go tell me wen Army begin do police work for naija. .Armed Robbery ko, Badoo ni. .
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by baddosky1: 12:42am On Sep 23, 2017
valentineuwakwe:
that's is why I like the y orubas. .if they want to fight the Nigerian gov't on any issue they stay United. .don't know why pple on nairaland call them afonjas. .I was born n bread in Lagos, ajegunle to be precise n u dare not dance in a Yoruba man territory o. .he will unite with even his enemy just to defeat u. .am still waiting to hear the response of both factions of the OPS led by Adams and Fredrick. .una go tell me wen Army begin do police work for naija. .Armed Robbery ko, Badoo ni. .

They can't do jack!
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by excel123: 12:47am On Sep 23, 2017
You and All are Invited for an International Two-Days Crusade at The Lord Chosen Church HeadQuarters,Lagos State,Nigeria

Titled:"God's Blessings For High Level"

Venue: Plot 10 Odofin Park,Church HQTR, Along Oshodi Expressway,Ijesha Bustop,Lagos State,Nigeria.

Date: 23rd-24th September,2017

Time: 8:00am Daily.

NOTE: God of Chosen can do all things,do not be left out,Especially Salvation of you Soul First,then Miracle Galore with Generational Blessing,Breaking of Age Long Yokes,Curses,Barreness,Poverty,Long Unemployement...............

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by kozmicity: 12:58am On Sep 23, 2017
Episteme2:
I'm convinced deep down that Nigeria will know no peace nor move forward until the blood of the innocent, harmless and unarmed Biafrans shed on the streets of Nigeria are avenged or they are allowed to go live in their own country they yearn for enthusiastically.
Keep disillusioning yhurself...Biafra will know no peace until Kanu rots in jail... undecided
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by poseidon12: 1:26am On Sep 23, 2017
Chascop:
reasonable enough.

Of course they spoke out against the so called Operation python dance.
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by bullbull2: 2:36am On Sep 23, 2017
Operation Crocodile Smile ....crocodile most smile...

They have to kill terrorist...
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by mindtricks: 4:03am On Sep 23, 2017
PointZerom:
"If they say they are looking for kidnappers, even in the South-West, where they say they want to deploy troops, it was the police that arrested the notorious kidnapper, Evans. They arrested him without firing shots or carrying out any major operation, they simply used intelligence and arrested him".

Truth.
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by mindtricks: 4:08am On Sep 23, 2017
okenta2017:

Like I said inter earlir, Those of us agitating for Restructuring long night awaits. There are no such thing as the North said this the North

said that,. The minority north have long departed them, we are only hearing the wishes of Fulani North. The so called AREWA are just

North West and Not East.. Let them start something funny they will be surprise at the response they will get from'' we the North.''

I think this is height of stupidity for Nation's army to be deplore for a police work. The Nigerian rag tag army is being

deplore to the south to intimidate the South and middle belt for agitating for restructuring of Nigeria. France and Britain fought against

each other in many wars, but when British and other countries which fought against each other saw the intent of German Hitler to

conquer and dominate the Europe they put aside their deference and confront a common problem. For any one to believe that those

arms coming through the port are for IPOB must be day dreaming. They are just arming the boys in case the agitation for restrucring

should get out of hand when the oil well has not dried up. South the time to unit is now. Don't be deceived, ipob are not bring in any arms.

Assuming they want to bring in arms will it be through Lagos port when they have so many porous border in the East where they could

bring in what it take to confront the Nigerian Civilian rag tag army not hunters rifle.

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by solomonsly11(m): 6:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Thank God our Yoruba leaders and elders have now wake up.
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by fairprince(m): 6:10am On Sep 23, 2017
bamite:
This is clearly meant to cover up their operation in the SE, so that it doesn't look like the igbos are being singled out.

Thanks. U Sabi book well well. You dey reason sharply.
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by misano(m): 6:14am On Sep 23, 2017
Doyin2:

Another idiot spotted grin

Globally accepted definition of an Army:

An organized military force ,equipped for fighting on land.

Army don't just fight wars ,they can also fight other criminals like armed robbers,kidnappers,terrorists,etc, as a compliment or supplement to the police.

The Navy and air force also fight wars.

But if Kidnappers or robbers escape through the waters,the Navy can be called upon to deal with them,as a compliment to the police.

The navy,airforce and army, can also be stationed on waters,air,land,respectively, to prevent armed robbers and kidnappers from operating,not only when there is war!

I know. U will never admit to ur mumurism until Buhari, ur lord and personal saviour tells U dat U are a certified MU... If Buhari decides to withdraw military from streets and booster the police, U will clap for him and say he is right. And if he decides to withdraw all the police and replace them with the military U still clap for him.

I know U will never agree that U are unreasonable so no need joining words with U.

It's okay to see the army face Boko but it is stupidity when U see them managing protest or chasing highway robber.

Just in case U can't understand in words, the diff between the army and police, maybe U should see it in pictures.

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by heysquare(m): 6:16am On Sep 23, 2017
the last time crocodile smiles it was in d creek whr militants were rocking and disturbing d peace of ppl, killing ppl including DSS and NNPC because dey use to vandalised NNPC pipeline. it was like a war during d operations as fighter jet were used to bombarded d place because dr was no way for dem to enter d creek without bn killed by d militants as they were well armed wt weapons. that happened btw lagos and ogun. Since dey said iys Ikorodu dat crocodile want to smile ds time around they r wlcm and I believe Ikorodu residents wud as wel wlcm dem because of what dey av bn facing thr. afenifere can go thr to see d smiles of crocodile. awon alabosi
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by Psoul(m): 6:30am On Sep 23, 2017
Lol.....What goes around comes around. Let the baton keep passing hand. What is good for goose must be good for gander.
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 23, 2017
Thisis2raw:
How come there's no military dance against the dreadful herdsmen
ABEG ASK ME.?
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by mykel25(m): 7:00am On Sep 23, 2017
Is it your smile....let d crocodiles comman smile jor? Nothing to fear
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by emioo: 7:11am On Sep 23, 2017
that's very correct brother
Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by swedbase(m): 7:14am On Sep 23, 2017
Chascop:
reasonable enough.

I support you on this. Our Eastern leaders are disgrace to the mankind.

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by ajepako(f): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Ajepako it's your turn to tadireke grin grin

Salaro tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by Reference(m): 7:29am On Sep 23, 2017
grin .....operation totolo tango...but how about that for a sound bite. However ln a serious note I think this government is just boxing it self in and is clearly on a mad rush to political suicide. It gives its political adversaries both within and without so much ammunition with which to floor it come next elections. I mean how naive can you be. Clearly going against the constitution in the home front of your vice president who by the way is an accomplished law man is just callous.

I know they wish to appear impartial and not racist by 'spreading' the woe but even a blind bat can see through this charade. Everyone recognises that the biggest, widest and most audacious acts of criminality in Nigeria the past 18 months has been the fulani herdsmenace and its epicentre has been the middlebelt but they cannot afford to destabilize their outpost any further.

Its just a pity the way this country is going....honestly..

1 Like

Re: Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army by Iphupa: 7:32am On Sep 23, 2017
ovadozes:
Straight to the point
Ragtag army
. uve not heard about operation lafiya dole in the north east,,always get your facts right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jachimike, Okezie Ikpeazu's Son Weds Nkechi (Pictures, Video) / Muhammad Umar Graduates From Regent University London (Pictures) / PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.