Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community (1689 Views)

Minimum Wage: Labour Rejects FG’s Latest Offer, Crisis Looms / BREAKING: More Crisis Looms In Reps As Chinda Occupies Minority Leader’s Seat / Buhari Blames Climate Change For Fulani Herdsmen Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by dabeto: 6:07am On Sep 23, 2017
CRISIS is looming in Ndiolumbe Nvosi Autonomous Community in Isiala Ngwa South Council   of Abia between the people and Fulani herdsmen over the refusal of the natives to allow the Fulani herdsmen graze their cattle. But the Fulani herdsmen have insisted that they would remain in the community  graze t in their land and they have gone ahead to camp in the community and graze their cattle. ADVERTISING inRead invented by Teads Already, members of the community are lamenting that the herdsmen have caused a lot of devastation to their farmlands and crops which they valued at millions of naira. The Abia state Government has however assured that there was no cause for alarm, saying that the matter would be amicably resolved. The traditional ruler of Ndiolumbe Nvosi, Eze Godwin Ogbonna, informed journalists Wednesday, that when the destruction of their farmlands became unbearable, youths in the area approached the herdsmen and asked them to leave their community. According to the monarch, it was a peaceful engagement which saw the herdsmen relocate to another part of the community. Eze Ogbonna however said that the community was shocked and surprised when one Mohammed Shuaibu came from Okigwe, Imo State, to query the community over their decision not to allow the Fulani herdsmen on their land. “One Mohammed Shuaibu came from Okigwe. He was very furious and queried why the community should drive the herdsmen away. He said the herdsmen were ready to pay compensation for damaged crops and insisted that they must be allowed to come back to the community. “We told them that we don’t need their compensation; all we want was for them to vacate our land. He told me that they (herdsmen) had conducted a survey of our community and found it extremely suitable for grazing” Eze Ogbonna said. The monarch said his people are now living in fear because of the position taken by Mohammed Shuaibu, saying that after storming out of his palace, he said the herdsmen would be back next Monday to negotiate the compensation for the damaged crops to enable them to return to the community. “He has been calling me constantly on the phone. We are very frightened that if the matter was not urgently resolved, the herdsmen may invade our community. Already women are afraid of going to the farms as the herdsmen now climb treetops to keep vigilance while their cattle graze”, Eze Ogbonna said. He called on the Abia State Government to urgently intervene to save his community from any ugly incident, pointing out that he had already reported the matter to the state government as well as the Council chairman. It was learnt that the state government has waded into the matter through the Security Adviser to the Governor, Captain Awah Udonsi.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/fulani-herdsmen-crisis-looms-abia-community/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 23, 2017
I am coming to comment, let me wash early morning face first
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by Lorechino(m): 6:11am On Sep 23, 2017
this is not good, even Hausa man cannot take this from those herdsmen, what have we done for this type of inhumanity
...just imaging someone coming to ur house to beat and still dare u.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by amazingspiderma: 6:14am On Sep 23, 2017
Phyton dance is blind to Fulani's activities, but all eyes on peaceful dwellers.

The had surveyed the land and deem it good for their cattle.... Just imagine embarassedPhyton dance is blind to Fulani's activities, but all eyes on peaceful dwellers.

They had surveyed the land and deem it good for their cattle.... Just imagine

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by simplyhonest(m): 6:25am On Sep 23, 2017
this should be looked into by relevant authorities

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by 247Dior(m): 6:39am On Sep 23, 2017
This is one of the reasons of the python dance. .just to give these fulani terrorists cover

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by IJOBA2: 7:07am On Sep 23, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by FSBoperator: 7:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Any attempt by the community to defend themselves and protect their lands from the ravages of these fulani terrorist will be labelled as an IPOB terrorist attack

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by FSBoperator: 7:14am On Sep 23, 2017
IJOBA2:
http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/insurgency-buharis-call-full-sharia/

http://allafrica.com/stories/200108270355.html

Those southern idiocrats who pushed for a Buhari candidacy, campaigned rigorously and voted for him are by far the biggest fools known to mankind.

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by IJOBA2: 7:19am On Sep 23, 2017
FSBoperator:

Those southern idiocrats who pushed for a Buhari candidacy, campaigned rigorously and voted for him are by far the biggest fools known to mankind.
THEY ARE EWEDU MUSLIMS

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by meccuno: 7:24am On Sep 23, 2017
FSBoperator:

the south are the biggest fools known to man...

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by FSBoperator: 7:25am On Sep 23, 2017
IJOBA2:
THEY ARE EWEDU MUSLIMS

Not all of them were Muslims.

We had those foolish Christians among them who were swayed by the fake pastor and also those who believe every single rubbish that is published by the Lagos-Ibadan presstitute.

I don't blame them at all.

Because when I was still residing in Lagos, I use to think I was informed becos of all the rubbish I used to digest from their useless papers.

My eyes only began to open when I travelled round this country and found out that Lagosians are the least informed and most myopic bunch.

If Lagos can be so naive, how do you think backward states like Osun will be?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by abouzaid: 7:31am On Sep 23, 2017
a stranger ordering the community on what to do over a land he didn't buy from them?even in the far north, Fulani herdsmen can't dare this, they can't even graze on a farm after harvest without the permission of the owners. their women would first help the owner harvest and thrash his Guinea corn for free before he gives them the right to graze their cattle on the farm waste. in issues like this, you won't hear from ohanaeze ndi oshi na ama or the southeastern governors forum. obiano even paid them millions in Anambra while failing to pay those farmers whose crops were destroyed by them.the funny thing is that even the Yoruba Muslims fail to realise that when the jihad is established in full force, they would be given the Shiite treatment. the middlebelt and southern Nigeria have the most useless and self centered leaders in this zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by IJOBA2: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2017
FSBoperator:

Not all of them were Muslims.

We had those foolish Christians among them who were swayed by the fake pastor and also those who believe every single rubbish that is published by the Lagos-Ibadan presstitute.

I don't blame them at all.

Because when I was still residing in Lagos, I use to think I was informed becos of all the rubbish I used to digest from their useless papers.

My eyes only began to open when I travelled round this country and found out that Lagosians are the least informed and most myopic bunch.

If Lagos can be so naive, how do you think backward states like Osun will be?
MY MUSLIM FRIEND HERE IN LAGOS CATEGORICALLY TOLD ME THAT IGBOS COMMITTED A POLITICAL SUICIDE BY NOT VOTING FOR THA TERRORIST O sad MUSLIMS HERE IN THE SOUTH WEST REGARD BUHARI AS A HOLY MAN... IN THE NORTH , THEY SEE HIM AS THE GREATEST PROPHET OF ISLAM ASK ANY HAUSA MUSLIM THE MEANING OF SAI MAI SALLAH

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by Nutase: 7:37am On Sep 23, 2017
Abia has been subdued.
They will soon install an emir to show dominance.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2017
amazingspiderma:
Phyton dance is blind to Fulani's activities, but all eyes on peaceful dwellers.

The had surveyed the land and deem it good for their cattle.... Just imagine embarassedPhyton dance is blind to Fulani's activities, but all eyes on peaceful dwellers.

They had surveyed the land and deem it good for their cattle.... Just imagine
They just go about claiming land regardless of legality

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by Unseen(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2017
Nutase:
Abia has been subdued.

Repeat yourself and listen to the sound of it. Install Emir indeed
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2017
As usual, a one sided story; would like to hear the Fulani side on the issue before passing judgement; after all we already know how our blodas can twist or often fake stories to suit their agenda - just saying.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by orisa37: 8:04am On Sep 23, 2017
The Government of Abia should capture the Herdsmen in a Ranch and start collecting Rents & Rates from the Herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by dunkem21(m): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Nutase:
Abia has been subdued.

I will soon place a curse on your entire lineage..
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by dunkem21(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2017
Blame the people who invited this invasion

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by CaptainG00D: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2017
Nawao see what daft Yoruba muslims put us all into.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by annnikky(f): 8:32am On Sep 23, 2017
Abia is now porous to herdsmen cos their master has given them go ahead order and the useless governor won't see this n condem it undecided... Chai I pity the people of abia state cos if they fight the herdsmen the govt will send military against them. buhari is really fulfilling his promise to install sharia law in this con3 buh God will clamp his wings undecided

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by dabeto: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2017
This herdsmen problem is not limited to Abia please. It's the entire nation and we might learn to live with it or join IPOB and Yolicom
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
As usual, a one sided story; would like to hear the Fulani side on the issue before passing judgement; after all we already know how our blodas can twist or often fake stories to suit their agenda - just saying.

What are the herdsmen doing in another man's land?

How would you feel if other people came to your land to tell you what to do with it?

All these attempts to take people's lands will not work in the South. Are you waiting till the calls to boycott beef are heeded before you go buy ranches?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by fergie001: 9:42am On Sep 23, 2017
Eze,
Enjoy it small,you hear?

When its election time,
You people should troop in and vote for 'our son'.

This Governor is pathetic,or did Igbos exchange Governors with Fayose?

As for the 'freedom-fighters',well they cannot change anytime soonest,
Meet your State Govt,
And table it to him.

Asides ranches,Stans on NO
Nobody.needs any compensation.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by SpComedy: 11:53am On Sep 23, 2017
I think the govt is oblivion of the kind of heated tension in the east, caused by years of injustice metted on them and this militacracy of this present govt. Any attempt of Fulani killing our brothers and sisters especially in the Abia, hmmmmm what i see is not funny at all
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
FSBoperator:

My goodness. Everyday i read the newspapers, i marvel at the level of stupidity of some tribes especially yorubas znd middle belt.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Looms In Abia Community by IJOBA2: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
LALASTICLALA I GO BITE YOU O grin

(1) (Reply)

Obiano Declares November 17 As Public Holiday / SMART Governor : New Face Of Old Lagos Asaba Road Agbor Done By Okowa / Yakubu Gowon's Advise To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.