Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

How Did Domestication Of Animals Start And Evolve? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Did Domestication Of Animals Start And Evolve? (2354 Views)

Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa. / Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language / An Encyclopedia Of Animals In Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Domestication Of Animals Start And Evolve? by Krayola(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
Not sure what section to put this. . . But I'm just curious about how the whole idea of domesticating animals came about. I'm sure at some point humans figured out not all animals were potential predators, and were not threatened by every Tom, di.c.k and bingo that showed up. But the idea of kidnapping bingo, giving it a last name, and being responsible for its welfare, how did that evolve? . . .  Does anyone have any insight into this phenomenon? please share smiley
Re: How Did Domestication Of Animals Start And Evolve? by agathamari(f): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2010
please indicate which animal species you wish to learn, each had its own specific history and method of domestication.
Re: How Did Domestication Of Animals Start And Evolve? by Krayola(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
agathamari:

please indicate which animal species you wish to learn, each had its own specific history and method of domestication.
smiley Thanks.

Dogs, cats, and cattle for starters. If u can refer me to an academic source where i can get info on this, that would be great as well.
Re: How Did Domestication Of Animals Start And Evolve? by agathamari(f): 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Showcasing The Diversity Of Igbo Cuisine / 15 Reasons Why Yorubas Should Embrace Our Igbos / Anybody From Abiriba In The House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.