Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Can Religious Folks And Atheist Debate In Peace? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Religious Folks And Atheist Debate In Peace? (397 Views)

The Covenant Between Salt And Atheist / Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Why Do Christians And Other Religious Folks Do This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Religious Folks And Atheist Debate In Peace? by vaxx: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Why would anybody hate atheists ? or why will atheist hate the religious folks?

I realised the most common issues on nairaland are between atheist and religious folks.....in fact no idea is share again apart from am right ,you are wrong? tolerance is missing.....

despite my background and seeing atheist as a future threat to my culture and heritage.... I still don't believe they should be treated with iron hands...lack of knowledge is what is missing.....

I find it strange to read many post on nairalands forcing a belief system on a person , say for example that person is a Christian , is it logical to force him into believing in the god of Islam ? No , so is atheism and it's illogical to think that atheists are god-hating , unloving , crazy people .

Truly some religion text encourage violence and I don't want to speak about any of this religion in order to be respectful to other people's beliefs and it's crazy to believe that every single believer is unwise as most atheist thinks.. how about coexistence ?

Why don't we share knowledge and love with each other ? you tell me about the big bang , I tell you about god , and in the end the most logical and peaceful explanation will be appreciated.
Re: Can Religious Folks And Atheist Debate In Peace? by gabe: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
wow, nice. so long as you don't change your tune when your best arguments get trumped..
Re: Can Religious Folks And Atheist Debate In Peace? by vaxx: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
gabe:
wow, nice. so long as you don't change your tune when your best arguments get trumped..
when you debate someone and you realized you have made many point but the person is not willing to be corrected..... you close the topic or you turn it to friendship affairs.... just like it is done at the end of a boxing game..... it shouldn't end with hatred......

1 Like

Re: Can Religious Folks And Atheist Debate In Peace? by adepeter2027(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
Vaxx, you're really trying óò.

Anyways, what's my biz with religious folks.

Lemme come and be going jare

(1) (Reply)

For Catholic Brethren Only. / Bishop Oyedepo's Latest Delivering And Prophecies / I Have A Serious Question!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.