Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd (12116 Views)

In Sign Of Major Crack Within Ruling Party, Tinubu Takes On Buhari’s Minister / Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / Cemetery Attendant Wants Funsho Williams Murder Case Retried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by edoyad(m): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
shocked I thought Kaduna was in Nigeria's bad books till i saw his grave lying amongst Nigeria's Heroes past at the military cemetery at Kaduna ! shocked I was like,"is this a joke? Isn't this cat supposed to be hell raiser or something ? instead he's here lying at a cemetery reserved for the creme in military service, grave catered for by the FG at a cemetery locked up most of the time.

My aunt says i'll never understand this things cos more details than would be ever revealed went down during that night in KD, the military and the govt should publish all they know on what went down that night.

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2010
One of the finest and brave Army officers Nigeria has ever produced.

5 Likes

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by edoyad(m): 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
@zebra i'm sure you're igbo ba ? Well i don't think everyone would share or entertain your opinion.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by naijaswag1: 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
I salute.You are the noblest soldier Nigeria has ever produced.All these cowards who are calling for revolution today are ignoramus.You are great man made of sterner stuff.

I still believe in what you elucidated in 1967 that “secession will be ill-advised, indeed impossible. Even if the East fights a war of secession and wins, it still cannot secede. Personally, I don’t like secession and if this country disintegrates, I shall pack up my things and go. In the present circumstances, confederation is the best answer as a temporary measure. In time, we shall have complete unity."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
@edoyad

I'm not igbo; the guy in question (Major Nzeogwu) is not igbo too, or is he? Let glory and honour be given to those who deserve it. Tell me one Nigerian military officer living or dead that is as brave as Major Nzeogwu? What he fought for more than 40 years ago (corruption) is what is still killing this great nation Nigeria. Major Nzeogwu is a hero.

4 Likes

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by edoyad(m): 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2010
Whatever his tribe he is being given a military honour by being buried in that cemetery. If only the chicken hearts that were supposed to play their parts in the eastern region had done so may be Nigeria would be among the top 20 economies of world today. Instead they balked giving rise to suspicion and tribalism in our socio-polity.

2 Likes

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by FACE(m): 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2010
"Even though your kinsman executed our leaders, he is still our hero. As for thee his kinsmen, womenfolks and sibblings, we shall blame his actions on you and kill you in your thousands."

My take: the offender cannot be a hero while the innocent brother  at home is regarded as the villain.

If he was your hero, why did you embark on killing those that you thought were related to him ?

You have finally confessed. You embarked on your progrom out of envy and the Nzeogwu coup was only an excuse for you to let blood. The same false provocation was used as an excuse in modern day Nigeria when the same envy drove you to kill again because of a cartoon in far away Denmark.

Yes, Chukwuma Nzeogwu is not Igbo and he is your hero when it suits you. He is also an Igbo representing an Igbo agenda when it suits you.

Make up your mind. Was he Igbo or not ? If you say that he was Igbo, is he still your hero ? If he is still your hero for his actions on Jan 15 1966, which you regard as good and heroic deeds, can you now explain why you continue to justify the killing of innocent easterners based on the good deeds of your hero ?

5 Likes

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2010
never knew some folks are short-sighted with very shallow minds and dull brains.rubbish
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by XKZ(m): 7:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
@ FACE

Well said
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by KnowAll(m): 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Category:1967_deaths

Strange 2 Revolutionaries and radicals died in the same Year Nzeogwu and Che Guevera

Just like Che Guevera who has became an Icon and a symbol of anti-establishment, any good thinking and business minded Nigeria should make good quality of T-Shirts of Nzeogwu and sell them to Nigerians. I am sure it would not be a regrettable venture. Nzeogwu has a huge following amongst the younger generation who are marvelled at his boldness, bravery and forthrightness even when the odds are stack against him.

There are not too many of his kind anymore in this day and age.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
KnowAll:

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Category:1967_deaths

Strange 2 Revolutionaries and radicals died in the same Year Nzeogwu and Che Guevera

Just like Che Guevera who has became an Icon and a symbol of anti-establishment, any good thinking and business minded Nigeria should make good quality of T-Shirts of Nzeogwu and sell them to Nigerians. I am sure it would not be a regrettable venture. Nzeogwu has a huge following amongst the younger generation who are marvelled at his boldness, bravery and forthrightness even when the odds are stack against him.

There are not too many of his kind anymore in this day and age.

he was never a revolutionist.his action complimented in bringing nigeria to this sorry state.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by KnowAll(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2010
he was never a revolutionist.his action complimented in bringing nigeria to this sorry state.

He was a revolutionist, is it because he failed to pull it off. Che Guevera succeded in pulling it off in Cuba but was slaughtered like a commoner in Bolivia. His popularity today is based on the success in Cuba and not the failure in Bolivia.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
He was a revolutionist, is it because he
failed to pull it off. Che Guevera succeded
in pulling it off in Cuba but was
slaughtered like a commoner in Bolivia.
His popularity today is based on the
success in Cuba and not the failure in
Bolivia.
****can you please explain further.was the coup not successful?***
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by KnowAll(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
****can you please explain further.was the coup not successful?***

You answer that question, who reaped the dividends of the coup, a gentleman called Ironsi, a man who never planned nor had an inkling that a coup was in the offering, if u call that successful then I rest my case. undecided
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2010
Sometimes I wonder at the rate some stupendous Nigerians reason. How can some one called Nze-Ogwu is not Igbo.
How can some one who made Ndigbo loose I million souls not Igbo?.
For that F.O.O.L who said Nzeogwu is not IGBO, his cranium should be opened up and his brains thrown to the dogs.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by 006(m): 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2010
"Even though your kinsman executed our leaders, he is still our hero. As for thee his kinsmen, womenfolks and sibblings, we shall blame his actions on you and kill you in your thousands."

My take: the offender cannot be a hero while the innocent brother at home is regarded as the villain.

If he was your hero, why did you embark on killing those that you thought were related to him ?

You have finally confessed. You embarked on your progrom out of envy and the Nzeogwu coup was only an excuse for you to let blood. The same false provocation was used as an excuse in modern day Nigeria when the same envy drove you to kill again because of a cartoon in far away Denmark.

Yes, Chukwuma Nzeogwu is not Igbo and he is your hero when it suits you. He is also an Igbo representing an Igbo agenda when it suits you.

Make up your mind. Was he Igbo or not ? If you say that he was Igbo, is he still your hero ? If he is still your hero for his actions on Jan 15 1966, which you regard as good and heroic deeds, can you now explain why you continue to justify the killing of innocent easterners based on the good deeds of your hero ?

Wisdom at it best. God bless you.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by edoyad(m): 2:07am On Mar 05, 2010
mo

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by edoyad(m): 2:11am On Mar 05, 2010
world war 2 heroes and others. How many names do you recognise ?

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Sometimes I wonder at the rate some stupendous Nigerians reason. How can some one called Nze-Ogwu is not Igbo.
How can some one who made Ndigbo loose I million souls not Igbo?.
For that F.O.O.L who said Nzeogwu is not IGBO, his cranium should be opened up and his brains thrown to the dogs.

Have you ever wondered why someone called Danjuma or Yakubu cannot be hausa? A lot of people in the middle belt (northern minorities) bear names like Usman, Bala, Ibrahim, Abdul, etc, and yet they are not hausas. please stop living in the past when northerners believed that everybody from the east was igbo and everybody from the north was hausa. Nzeogwu is an igbo name, but his people today refuse to be called igbos. Igbo speaking part of Delta state are not igbos they have their own identity, like Ika and ukwani. Open your brain man and stop living in Nigeria of 1960.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by hymen(f): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2010
It a shame the whole place is so untidy cry cry

Can't we ever get things right?
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by asha80(m): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2010
zebra:

Have you ever wondered why someone called Danjuma or Yakubu cannot be hausa? A lot of people in the middle belt (northern minorities) bear names like Usman, Bala, Ibrahim, Abdul, etc, and yet they are not hausas. please stop living in the past when northerners believed that everybody from the east was igbo and everybody from the north was hausa. Nzeogwu is an igbo name, but his people today refuse to be called igbos. Igbo speaking part of Delta state are not igbos they have their own identity, like Ika and ukwani. Open your brain man and stop living in Nigeria of 1960.

You are talking trash.This discussion has being trashed enough here in nairaland.Ika and ukwuani always seem to have this identity issue.What of those people from asaba and issele uku?Abeg carry this ur post war nonsense comot here.Go tell my friends wey be from the present anioma region sey dem no be igbo make u watch as dem go break ur head
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by edoyad(m): 10:44am On Mar 05, 2010
If we scrapped state govts and may be practise governance directly with local councils we could eradicate some of these problems.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by deor03(m): 10:58am On Mar 05, 2010
hymen:

I wonder oh!
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 11:57am On Mar 05, 2010
edoyad:

If we scrapped state govts and may be practise governance directly with local councils we could eradicate some of these problems.

Yes, you are correct. it will help in putting an end to all the nonsense about this tribe and that tribe. people will begin to look at them selves as Nigerians and not as igbo, yoruba, bini or nupe.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
asha 80:

You are talking trash.This discussion has being trashed enough here in nairaland.Ika and ukwuani always seem to have this identity issue.What of those people from asaba and issele uku?Abeg carry this your post war nonsense comot here.Go tell my friends wey be from the present anioma region sey dem no be igbo make u watch as dem go break your head

i have friends from there; i also have scores of them in place of work with igbo first names and surnames, yet they still tell you that they are not igbos.

What about tribes in the north like nupe, gwari, birom, jukun, bachama, etc. that speak hausa very well all over their towns. Are they hausas?? Answer this question please.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2010
hymen:

it's dry season in the north now and most trees shed their dry leaves; that exactly why the place is like that.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by Haksalam(m): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2010
KADUNA NZEOGWU WAS A HERO. GO AND READ 'WHY WE STRUCK', the story of the first Nigeria coup. I respect his courage and he fought against his wish in the Biafra army. He believed in one Nigeria.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
zebra:

i have friends from there; i also have scores of them in place of work with igbo first names and surnames, yet they still tell you that they are not igbos.

What about tribes in the north like nupe, gwari, birom, jukun, bachama, etc. that speak hausa very well all over their towns. Are they hausas?? Answer this question please.
Do not be silly, Jukun, Birom etc you listed here are not Hausas and do not speak Hausa as their first language. They speak Birom, Jukun etc at home and Hausa for communication with their fellow Northerners.
In Okpanam where Nzeogwu comes from, they speak Igbo and are very happy to be identified as Igbo. The president of the highest Igbo elite organisation-AKA IKENGA is from Okpanam. What doers that explain to your DOWN SYNDROME BRAIN?.
FYI, Okpanam the native home of Nzeogwu are from Anam in Anambra state. So get this into your empty skull.

2 Likes

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by RichyBlacK(m): 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2010
zebra:

zebra:

@zebra,

You're exhibiting ignorance at an alarming rate.

1. Names like "Usman", "Ibrahim" and "Abdul" are Arabic names, which any Muslim can bear, thanks to the Arabcentricism of Islam - though Arab Christians can bear those names too, after all it's still their language. You conflate too many demographic issues when you list those names alongside "Danjuma" and "Yakubu".

2. Hausa influence in Northern Nigeria is very strong, hence many minorities in the North also speak Hausa, alongside their different and separate languages. This is not the issue with Igbos in Delta and Rivers states.

3. The seeming identity crisis by Igbos in Delta and Rivers states is a vestige of the wartime strategy of the Nigerian side; a strategy which saw the creation of Rivers State and create division among Ndi-Igbo.

4. Since Biafra lost the war and were rendered penniless, marginalized and expected to amount to nothing, it gradually became fashionable for the Igbos across the Niger and those closer to the Niger-Delta to distance themselves from their Igbo brothers and sisters in old East Central State - today's South East (SE) geopolitical zone. To distance themselves from the "rebels who lost the war", from the "trouble makers who don't like peace", from "those people who were hunted and killed".

5. However, whenever those Igbos face hostilities from other ethnic groups, e.g. in Delta State, particularly the issue of the location of Asaba as capital of Delta State in the early 90s, those other ethnic groups promptly remind them that they are Igbos and the Igbos in present-day SE zone never deny the Igboness of the Igbos in present-day South South geopolitical zone.

6. 99% of the people of Delta State, outside the Urhobos, Isokos, Ijaws and Itsekiris are Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2010
God bless you Richy.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
@Zebra.
Mazi S. Ebigwei is the president of the topmost Igbo elite organisation. He is from Okpanam, the home town of Nzeogwu.
If he is not an Igboman, how would he head an Igbo organisation of that magnitude?.
So, I say to you: Do not put your hand in your finger.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by RichyBlacK(m): 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2010
Andre Uweh:

God bless you Richy.

Andre, you're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment / Sanitation: No Restriction Of Movement On June 29 – LASG / Senate Confirms Buhari's Code Of Conduct Bureau Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.