Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,182 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

The Ogboni Veto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ogboni Veto (620 Views)

The Ogboni One Party State. / Ogboni Society Congratulates Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State (Throwback Picture) / I Really Want To Join The Ogboni Secret Society/fraternity In Nigeria To Become (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ogboni Veto by lawani: 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
All the members of an Ogboni assembly have veto power. It is similar to what obtains in the United Nations Security Council, where the five permanent members have veto power to block any resolution before the council. There is no vote counting in an Ogboni Assembly, there is no shouting at the top of your voice too. Things are resolved in a tete a tete manner. Any of France, Britain, Russia, China and the USA can stop any action or resolution by declining support and such a resolution would be effectively dead. That is veto power, no vote counting and it is what is obtainable in an Ogboni Assembly. Once an Ogboni elder is able to articulately show how a resolution is unfair to anyone anywhere on Earth or elsewhere, then the resolution will be immediately dropped like hot charcoal. That is similar to what obtains at the UNSC. No vote counting. It ensures a solemn kind of nation building.
Re: The Ogboni Veto by barrydee(m): 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
You this Ogboni occultist man. I hv been seeing your posts and I must say, you really need help. It seems you have gotten yourself involved into some deep, dark fetish ish that is tormenting your soul, spirit and body. Please get help asap before you go nuts or kick the bucket.

My 2 scents.
Re: The Ogboni Veto by lawani: 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
barrydee:
You this Ogboni occultist man. I hv been seeing your posts and I must say, you really need help. It seems you have gotten yourself involved into some deep, dark fetish ish that is tormenting your soul, spirit and body. Please get help asap before you go nuts or kick the bucket.

My 2 scents.
I am not Ogboni But I am a student of how the system worked in the past. It is a one party system that worked properly for our ancestors and one worth returning to
Re: The Ogboni Veto by BabaRamota1980: 3:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
lawani:
I am not Ogboni But I am a student of how the system worked in the past. It is a one party system that worked properly for our ancestors and ond worth returning to

I second this motion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Questions Nobody Can Answer / 5 Reasons Why Voting Fayose As President Is The Worst Idea In The World. / Nigeria: Its Time To Look East Or Perish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.