Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Please Help!!! Passport Issues - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help!!! Passport Issues (1554 Views)

International Passport Issues / Help! Passport Issue Is Making Me Dejected! / Passport Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! Passport Issues by opeyemi71: 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hello,

In 2010, I had my passport done for me (I was in secondary school then). The passport expired in 2015 (I never used it), and now, I want to do a renewal. However, there is a complication. I use the first name "Timilehin" on all my academic documents and registrations. The first name written on the passport is "Oluwatimilehin". This is a problem, as I use the shorter form, "Timilehin" everywhere else.

So now, I need to renew my passport, and I also want to change the "Oluwatimilehin" to "Timilehin".

1. Please what is the procedure for changing it and renewing?
2. How much will it cost?
3. How long will it take?
4. For people familiar with postgraduate matters, can I use the passport with "Oluwatimilehin" like that, even though all my other documents have "Timilehin"?
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
You will surely need an affidavit. And your number 4. To avoid complications make sure the name on your certificate is the same with your international passport. I lost my SAT scholarship back in 2006 just because of a one letter mistake in my name on my waec result.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by murchurat(m): 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
Not an issue, just talk to ur immigration officer n explain ur self. It will only require you to prove you are the same person.
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by sholatech(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
Why not just get a new passport since you never used the current one? Usually, they direct you go to abuja for passport corrections
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by opeyemi71: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
sholatech:
Why not just get a new passport since you never used the current one? Usually, they direct you go to abuja for passport corrections

Is it possible to apply for a new passport, even though I have an (expired) one I did in 2010? This would really be suitable for me, if possible.
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Apply for new passport that bear all names on your documents
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by trilobite: 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
You will surely need an affidavit. And your number 4. To avoid complications make sure the name on your certificate is the same with your international passport. I lost my SAT scholarship back in 2006 just because of a one letter mistake in my name on my waec result.

One letter?!! what if the Waec only has first and last names while other docs have a middle name apart from the two?
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by sholatech(m): 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
opeyemi71:

Is it possible to apply for a new passport, even though I have an (expired) one I did in 2010? This would really be suitable for me, if possible.

Sure, no need to even tell them you have an old passport since it was never used.
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
trilobite:

One letter?!! what if the Waec only has first and last names while other docs have a middle name apart from the two?

All names must correspond. If your Waec has 2 names, you passport must be 2 names also.
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
sholatech:

Plus 100k.
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by mavinc4u(f): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
Op, is the passport an ecowas passport? If it is then you will need to renew and correct your name when you are renewing but if is not ecowas then do a fresh passport. Don't mind those telling you to get another passport since the old one was not used. Immediately their machine scans your finger print, it would bring out your old details and picture.
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by trilobite: 5:55am On Sep 24, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

All names must correspond. If your Waec has 2 names, you passport must be 2 names also.

ha!! I'm already too far gone for that. problem is the waec. passport and other certs have three names.
can't the problem be solved by submitting a court affidavit to the schools?
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2017
trilobite:

ha!! I'm already too far gone for that. problem is the waec. passport and other certs have three names.
can't the problem be solved by submitting a court affidavit to the schools?

Well the school is in the position to answer that.
Re: Please Help!!! Passport Issues by trilobite: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Well the school is in the position to answer that.

Yeah, had the same idea and already on it. Was just hoping you could give an instance of someone who used same approach.
thanks.

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Countries For Foreigners To Work Abroad After Studying There / I Want To Go For A Vacation In Any Western Country, Budget 50k-100k. / The weather does not kill, attitude does.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.