Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Unique Uniport! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unique Uniport! (1063 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Nelson Mandela Hostel Toilet In Unique UNIPORT / U2014 Unique Uniport Students Lets Meet Here!!! / Student Eggplant Goes Missing In Uniport(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unique Uniport! by rapaddict(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2010
I told a friend, “I’m a Unique Uniport Student.” and dude was like “Unique?” Hell yeah! Or ain’t we? Still in doubt of our uniqueness, let me paint you a picture (with words) of how and why we truly are Unique.
First, the University of Port Harcourt is a minute version of the Nigerian State. So, all a tourist or researcher needs to know about the country is embodied within the walls of this great institution. For example; most times, the struggle to get a campus shuttle is typical of Lagos motor parks. Student Group elections are a prototype of INEC elections; political godfatherism, vote rigging, violence at the polls etc. Our V.Cs are like Nigerian presidents, you hardly see them (did I hear you say Yar’A’doer?), and a typical day in U.P. is not just stress filled but could be highly annoying. From idiots who read out textbooks word for word and call it teaching to power-drunk ‘soldier wannabes’ who derive pleasure in man handling fellow students because they (soldier wannabes) have been through a little drilling and handed khakis. But, just like the Nigerians we are, we suffer and smile! Or, who wouldn’t smile at the sight of a lecturer who not only looks like a madman but reeks of Rum and Weed! I’m not trying to down-talk this great institution, not when I’m a part of it. But these, and many more a part of the reason why we are not referred to as ‘Great’ but ‘Unique’.
Opinions they say are like as5h0les, everybody has one. These are my opinions on Uniport’s Uniqueness, and so I use this medium to welcome you all, prospective students, freshers, returning students, graduates, lovers and haters of the University of Port Harcourt to my blog. Rugged, Raw and Real. I go by the alias of Always-In-Trouble and I solemnly swear to keep you entertained regularly with Rugged, Raw and Real truths.
Till when next I make my pen ‘cum’ on paper, stay focused and remember “even though all work and no play makes Obi a dull boy, the code remains Acada before gbamurere.”
One love y’all.
© www.ruggedrawandreal..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stercard Or Visacard Buy And Fund It Thru Liberty Reserve Etc / Olabisi Onabanjo Has Reduce The Sch. Fees By 70% (may 2011) / Fed.poly Ilaro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.