Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (16374 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When You Visit A New Church You Don't Know About / 7 Things You Can Never Change Until You Change Yourself / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by irynterri(f): 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, THE MOMENT YOU PUT YOUR FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS ALL YOUR SINS PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE HAS BEEN FORGIVING YOU EVEN BEFORE YOU ASK OR COMMIT THEM...DON'T ALLOW THE SERPENT(DEVIL) TO ROB YOU OF YOUR JOY OF FORGIVENESS.
then why do Christians go to hell

2 Likes

Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
irynterri:
then why do Christians go to hell
BRO, WHO TOLD YOU THAT TRUE CHRISTIAN WILL BE CONDEMNED?...WHO TOLD YOU THAT THOSE WHO HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD LIVING IN THEM WILL GO TO HELL?...THERE IS NO WAY A TRUE BELIEVER IN CHRIST WILL END UP IN HELL.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Themandator:

Jesus Christ didn't hear confessions while on the earth so why would anyone take it upon himself to do that on his purported behalf? The si he asked them to forgiven he showed examples and I have given the verse.... Never was it accounted that somebody came and he listened to what the person had done and then proclaim forgiveness.

If I have missed that part please let me know the scripture
It is written in James 5:16 that we should confess our sins to one another for the forgiveness of our sins which proves that it is not wrong for you to confess your sins to somebody and also highlights the efficacy of confession of ones sins to somebody and.
Then secondly, if we should confess our sins to someone, wouldn't it be wise to confess it to priest whom Jesus Christ has given the power to forgive sins (John 20:23)? Confessing of ones sins to a Priest has several benefits which includes the receptance of grace which will enable someone to avoid a particular sin and also will enable someone to avoid occasions of sin. For instance, if you are genuinely seeking for righteousness, am sure you will try as much as possible to avoid a particular sin if you seem to be confessing it always during confession. I just pray that God will enlighten you to see and understand what am trying to say.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, WHO TOLD YOU THAT TRUE CHRISTIAN WILL BE CONDEMNED?...WHO TOLD YOU THAT THOSE WHO HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD LIVING IN THEM WILL GO TO HELL?...THERE IS NO WAY A TRUE BELIEVER IN CHRIST WILL END UP IN HELL.
What does it take to be a true Christian? A true Christian is not someone that keeps sin without perpetually asking God for forgiveness as you stated before. A true Christian always is immediately sorry on ones wrong deeds and asks God for forgiveness and always strives to change.

1 Like

Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by irynterri(f): 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
that is where sin comes in, you can not be a believer and a true Christian and dwell in sin, or keep sinning because you believe God will forgive your sins before committing them.

1 Like

Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

What does it take to be a true Christian? A true Christian is not someone that keeps sin without perpetually asking God for forgiveness as you stated before. A true Christian always is immediately sorry on ones wrong deeds and asks God for forgiveness and always strives to change.
BRO, A TRUE CHRISTIAN IS ONE WHO HAS THE SPIRIT OF GOD WORKING IN AND THROUGH HIM..A TRUE BELIEVER IS ONE WHO PUT HIS FAITH IN THE ATONED AND FINISH WORK OF CHRIST AND NOT IN HIS RITUALS LIKE FASTING, CONFESSION, PENANCE AND SO ON AND SO FORTH.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
The Catholic church is the only church that offers daily fellowship in the form.of mass also daily celebration of the Eucharistic, daily breaking of bread in communion, daily opportunity to adore Christ in the Holy Eucharist, intersession of saints, use of holy water and anointing oil which is being copied by others, celibacy of priests and rev sisters, promotion of several missionary establishment, honor to mother Mary, etc. It's a church with rich tradition , history and culture. You just can't beat it down

1 Like

Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
irynterri:
that is where sin comes in, you can not be a believer and a true Christian and dwell in sin, or keep sinning because you believe God will forgive your sins before committing them.
A TRUE BELIEVER IS DEAD TO SIN...THE DESIRE TO SIN NO LONGER HOLDS SWAY IN THE LIFE OF A BORN AGAIN BELIEVER...CHECK THAT BROTHER OR SISTER WHO STILL FINDS SIN PLEASURABLE FOR HE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN...
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

It is written in James 5:16 that we should confess our sins to one another for the forgiveness of our sins which proves that it is not wrong for you to confess your sins to somebody and also highlights the efficacy of confession of ones sins to somebody and.
Then secondly, if we should confess our sins to someone, wouldn't it be wise to confess it to priest whom Jesus Christ has given the power to forgive sins (John 20:23)? Confessing of ones sins to a Priest has several benefits which includes the receptance of grace which will enable someone to avoid a particular sin and also will enable someone to avoid occasions of sin. For instance, if you are genuinely seeking for righteousness, am sure you will try as much as possible to avoid a particular sin if you seem to be confessing it always during confession. I just pray that God will enlighten you to see and understand what am trying to say.

The verse of the scripture you quoted doesn't support what you are explaining Or defending: "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (Jam 5:16)

If you understand the simple grammar , one to another, yo won't be arguing against the instruction of the Bible. If you offend your wife or your parents is it your priest or them that you go to for confession and ask for forgiveness. When meaning is not clear, start from the beginning is the admonition of Bishop Oyedepo concerning the scripture and if you take that route rather than extract a verse and then turn it upside down ,what you will get is that the admonition doesn't support your argument.

That scripture was addressing the rich and their ways and attitude... Rather than complain against one another he admonished they pray and confess their faults to one another ....One another is used when when you have more than two people involved ..... He was addressing a congregation. It was like reconciling a community and bringing back brotherhood ... James wasn't asking them to go to a priest or the apostles.

Here is the James 5 from 9 to 16

"Do not complain against one another, my friends, so that God will not judge you. The Judge is near, ready to appear. My friends, remember the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Take them as examples of patient endurance under suffering. We call them happy because they endured. You have heard of Job's patience, and you know how the Lord provided for him in the end. For the Lord is full of mercy and compassion. Above all, my friends, do not use an oath when you make a promise. Do not swear by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Say only "Yes" when you mean yes, and "No" when you mean no, and then you will not come under God's judgment. Are any among you in trouble? They should pray. Are any among you happy? They should sing praises. Are any among you sick? They should send for the church elders, who will pray for them and rub olive oil on them in the name of the Lord. This prayer made in faith will heal the sick; the Lord will restore them to health, and the sins they have committed will be forgiven. So then, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you will be healed. The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect." (Jam 5:9-16)

John 20:23 is not what you have concluded it to be. Jesus Christ didn't come to cause confusion ... What he meant when he made that state he already demonstrated so your undecidedkind don't run off with the wrong idea...

Here are examples of the sins you forgive are forgiven in heaven by the Lord Jesus Christ

1. "Is it easier to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? I will prove to you, then, that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the paralyzed man, "Get up, pick up your bed, and go home!" The man got up and went home." (Mat 9:5-7)

2. "Because of the crowd, however, they could find no way to take him in. So they carried him up on the roof, made an opening in the tiles, and let him down on his bed into the middle of the group in front of Jesus. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the man, "Your sins are forgiven, my friend." The teachers of the Law and the Pharisees began to say to themselves, "Who is this man who speaks such blasphemy! God is the only one who can forgive sins!" Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Why do you think such things? Is it easier to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?" (Luk 5:19-23)

3. "Seeing how much faith they had, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "My son, your sins are forgiven."" (Mar 2:5)

4. "Is it easier to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? I will prove to you, then, that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, pick up your bed, and go home!" At once the man got up in front of them all, took the bed he had been lying on, and went home, praising God." (Luk 5:23-25)

5. "I tell you, then, the great love she has shown proves that her many sins have been forgiven. But whoever has been forgiven little shows only a little love." Then Jesus said to the woman, "Your sins are forgiven." [/b]The others sitting at the table began to say to themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?"" (Luk 7:47-49)

6. "where some people brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a bed. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the paralyzed man, "Courage, my son! [b]Your sins are forgiven.""
(Mat 9:2)

The authority Jesu gave them in John 20:23 was sealed and hen he said in Mark 16:17: these signs shall follow them that believe , in my name they shall....... This was exactly what Jesus meant when he said the sins you forgive ... He was addressing deliverance from afflictions or infirmities caused by disobedience to God .... Everytime he forgave sins you could see tangible evidence of deliverance from punishment

He wasn't telling them to start hearing people sins or faults and giving out prayer like drug from pharmacy

The Bible is written for instructions and guide ... It is a book of examples ... Do it the exact way if is in the Bible to get the result they got.... Any other way is man made and and therefore , religion which is man's personal idea of how to please God.

All the so called benefits of confession to a priest you listed is neither here nor there... You don't break the hold of sin through strategy but by walk with the Joly spirit.

Agqin, I repeat , the one I have offended is the one to hear my apologies and then forgive me ... We all have equal fellowship with God as our Father
Example of sicknes, as listed in Naira land today : https://www.nairaland.com/4090683/benue-woman-marries-18-husbands

Thank you
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

You said it all yourselves. In the emboldened texts in your quote, it said that the sickness shall be a sign as a result of the people not serving the Lord with joyfulness in the heart but for the abundance of things. Sickness is not a sin itself but sometimes a result of sin. Please note sickness is NOT sin itself.

All the time Jesus forgave a sin , the sign of the sin was infirmities ... I recalled that in answering this question I stated that their are sicknesses that are as a result of disobedience t God and others that are as a result of our lifestyle. .. I don't know if it was you or some other person I replied because it seems you are not the on,y one on this subject matter

Examples of sickness that is spiritual and therefore as a result of sin

https://www.nairaland.com/4090683/benue-woman-marries-18-husbands
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2017
WenysAD:

And Guess what. I'm in African and under Church of Nigeria, Anglican communion.....dats all DAT matters dear

well half of your church is gone with the gayism crowd as gay pastors and bishop fill the place.

enjoy your African respite.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:13am On Oct 02, 2017
Themandator:

Those churches don't engage in Bible recital. They teach the Bible and by the year end just like you have stated through midweek service , daily devotional that holds in the Church every morning and evening raid that equally holds every day save for Saturday and sunday winners teaches you the scripture.

If you go for WOFBI.. BBC, LCC, LDC you will have an uncommon understating of the scripture.

By their fruit you know them ...Where did you suppose I learnt what I have been putting out here ...From Winners.
so you mean I won't really hear the entire Bible just from going to your church on normal church days, in fact I have to go every morning and evening and then join groups like BBC, LCC, LDC to get this understanding. and even then I still won't hear the Bible read because it you claim you don't do "recitals", so I guess you simply do explanations.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 10:18am On Oct 02, 2017
Ubenedictus:
so you mean I won't really hear the entire Bible just from going to your church on normal church days, in fact I have to go every morning and evening and then join groups like BBC, LCC, LDC to get this understanding. and even then I still won't hear the Bible read because it you claim you don't do "recitals", so I guess you simply do explanations.

Sir there no group in the church ...Like st.jude or Paul society , Bible society etc....Only service unit like ushering , sanctuary that cleans the place , Security, etc.....Thee is no tribal association since Jesus didn't start one when he was around.

Our 'normal Church days' are midweek and Sundays ... On Saturday is for home cells ...I Am a teacher at the home cells level , by the way

BCC means Bible certificate course ...It runs for two weeks ...Just like the other courses ......Your version of it is catechism but the difference is that it is not for recital...Who made you ...God me me ...Why did God make you ...God made me to know him , love him and to be happy with him in the world after .......Lcc means leadership certificate course and LDC means leadership diploma course ... Every winner and even Pastors from other churches are encouraged and do come for these schools. The fee is just 1200.

I just did my Lcc after over three years of doing the BCC ..I hope to do the LDC this year.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2017
Themandator:

I have read the scripture , waiting for your interpretation....,it talks about sin.

I will reply your other statement, later
yes it talks about sin.

apostle John teaches that all sin is sin but sin has types, he says there is a sin that leads to death AKA mortal sin and there exist a sin that doesn't kill.

he says if you see a brethren commit a non mortal sin that you can pray to God on his behalf and that sin will be remitted and forgiven, he didn't say go and meet him and ask him to repent etc, no, all you gat to do is pray and he will be forgiven, BUT
If your brethren commit a mortal sin he expressly says I don't ask you to pray about it, you have no business with that.

any body can see that not every sin is handled in the same way. some are easily dealt with by the intercession of others while others can't.

back to my statement, the I confess prayer in an intercessory prayer whereby we ask God to forgive others sin and John clearly says that non mortal sins are forgiven that way but he also teaches that such intercession isn't how to deal with mortal sin.

I' ll expound this post later.... but for now it explains the biblical basis for my earlier statement.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:49am On Oct 02, 2017
Themandator:

God never asked anyone to confess their sins to any mortals ....We all have equal fellowship before God though different levels of anointing... The one I have offended is the one to hear me out .... I have not offended a priest and therefore can't confess to him
now you seem to be getting defensive it is OK.

1. God does ask you to confess your sin to another, in very clear ink James 5 says so and in context to the presbyter since he is the one called to anoint the sick and ask for his forgiveness.

2. Christians are of equal dignity but not the same function that is why JM 5 say when you are sick call the presbyter not call any brethren.
3. John 20 also tells us that Christ gave the ministry to forgive sins to his apostles, it is not about who you offended Jesus clearly says receive the holy spirit whoever sins you forgive are forgiven. that is the ministry of reconciliation.

I will also go ahead a assume you and your new church will interprete those passages differently and in my next post I'll tell you why, and remind you that the Catholic church teaches the Gospel as delivered by the apostles and understood in the church of Christ for 2000 years .
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2017
Ubenedictus:
yes it talks about sin.

apostle John teaches that all sin is sin but sin has types, he says there is a sin that leads to death AKA mortal sin and there exist a sin that doesn't kill.

he says if you see a brethren commit a non mortal sin that you can pray to God on his behalf and that sin will be remitted and forgiven, he didn't say go and meet him and ask him to repent etc, no, all you gat to do is pray and he will be forgiven, BUT
If your brethren commit a mortal sin he expressly says I don't ask you to pray about it, you have no business with that.

any body can see that not every sin is handled in the same way. some are easily dealt with by the intercession of others while others can't.

back to my statement, the I confess prayer in an intercessory prayer whereby we ask God to forgive others sin and John clearly says that non mortal sins are forgiven that way but he also teaches that such intercession isn't how to deal with mortal sin.

I' ll expound this post later.... but for now it explains the biblical basis for my earlier statement.

"If you see a believer commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray to God, who will give that person life. This applies to those whose sins do not lead to death. But there is sin which leads to death, and I do not say that you should pray to God about that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which does not lead to death." (1Jn 5:16-17).... Goodnews Bible

"If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that is not a deadly sin, he has only to pray, and God will give life to this brother -- provided that it is not a deadly sin. There is sin that leads to death and I am not saying you must pray about that. Every kind of wickedness is sin, but not all sin leads to death." (1Jn 5:16-17)..... New Jerusalem Bible

I have used these two that are Catholic approved Bible to show that what John was saying had an operational key: SEE. if you see a brother commits a sin that is not into death like you see him insult somebody ...Just pray and ask God for forgiveness on his behalf .... He didn't say the brother will come to you and confess it .. you have to be a witness to his sinning.

I don't think we are discussing kinds of sin.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 10:59am On Oct 02, 2017
Ubenedictus:
now you seem to be getting defensive it is OK.

1. God does ask you to confess your sin to another, in very clear ink James 5 says so and in context to the presbyter since he is the one called to anoint the sick and ask for his forgiveness.

2. Christians are of equal dignity but not the same function that is why JM 5 say when you are sick call the presbyter not call any brethren.
3. John 20 also tells us that Christ gave the ministry to forgive sins to his apostles, it is not about who you offended Jesus clearly says receive the holy spirit whoever sins you forgive are forgiven. that is the ministry of reconciliation.

I will also go ahead a assume you and your new church will interprete those passages differently and in my next post I'll tell you why, and remind you that the Catholic church teaches the Gospel as delivered by the apostles and understood in the church of Christ for 2000 years .

I can't be repeating myself on this and I am not defensive in any way ..... Who is an elder ... There is no anointing in title ... Bishop Oyedepo usually says that your title entitles you to nothing in the kingdom but your walk with the holy spirit.

I will have to repost what I have already posted as reply to some person here....

nwokoyepraise:

The verse of the scripture you quoted doesn't support what you are explaining Or defending: "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (Jam 5:16)

If you understand the simple grammar , one to another, yo won't be arguing against the instruction of the Bible. If you offend your wife or your parents is it your priest or them that you go to for confession and ask for forgiveness. When meaning is not clear, start from the beginning is the admonition of Bishop Oyedepo concerning the scripture and if you take that route rather than extract a verse and then turn it upside down ,what you will get is that the admonition doesn't support your argument.

That scripture was addressing the rich and their ways and attitude... Rather than complain against one another he admonished they pray and confess their faults to one another ....One another is used when when you have more than two people involved ..... He was addressing a congregation. It was like reconciling a community and bringing back brotherhood ... James wasn't asking them to go to a priest or the apostles.

"Do not complain against one another, my friends, so that God will not judge you. The Judge is near, ready to appear. My friends, remember the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Take them as examples of patient endurance under suffering. We call them happy because they endured. You have heard of Job's patience, and you know how the Lord provided for him in the end. For the Lord is full of mercy and compassion. Above all, my friends, do not use an oath when you make a promise. Do not swear by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Say only "Yes" when you mean yes, and "No" when you mean no, and then you will not come under God's judgment. Are any among you in trouble? They should pray. Are any among you happy? They should sing praises. Are any among you sick? They should send for the church elders, who will pray for them and rub olive oil on them in the name of the Lord. This prayer made in faith will heal the sick; the Lord will restore them to health, and the sins they have committed will be forgiven. So then, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you will be healed. The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect." (Jam 5:9-16)

John 20:23 is not what you have concluded it to be. Jesus Christ didn't come to cause confusion ... What he meant when he made that state he already demonstrated so your undecidedkind don't run off with the wrong idea...

Here are examples of the sins you forgive are forgiven in heaven by the Lord Jesus Christ

1. "Is it easier to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? I will prove to you, then, that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the paralyzed man, "Get up, pick up your bed, and go home!" The man got up and went home." (Mat 9:5-7)

2. "Because of the crowd, however, they could find no way to take him in. So they carried him up on the roof, made an opening in the tiles, and let him down on his bed into the middle of the group in front of Jesus. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the man, "Your sins are forgiven, my friend." The teachers of the Law and the Pharisees began to say to themselves, "Who is this man who speaks such blasphemy! God is the only one who can forgive sins!" Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Why do you think such things? Is it easier to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?" (Luk 5:19-23)

3. "Seeing how much faith they had, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "My son, your sins are forgiven."" (Mar 2:5)

4. "Is it easier to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? I will prove to you, then, that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, pick up your bed, and go home!" At once the man got up in front of them all, took the bed he had been lying on, and went home, praising God." (Luk 5:23-25)

5. "I tell you, then, the great love she has shown proves that her many sins have been forgiven. But whoever has been forgiven little shows only a little love." Then Jesus said to the woman, "Your sins are forgiven." [/b]The others sitting at the table began to say to themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?"" (Luk 7:47-49)

6. "where some people brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a bed. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the paralyzed man, "Courage, my son! [b]Your sins are forgiven."" (Mat 9:2)

The authority Jesu gave them in John 20:23 was sealed and hen he said in Mark 16:17: these signs shall follow them that believe , in my name they shall....... This was exactly what Jesus meant when he said the sins you forgive ... He was addressing deliverance from afflictions or infirmities caused by disobedience to God .... Everytime he forgave sins you could see tangible evidence of deliverance from punishment

He wasn't telling them to start hearing people sins or faults and giving out prayer like drug from pharmacy

The Bible is written for instructions and guide ... It is a book of examples ... Do it the exact way if is in the Bible to get the result they got.... Any other way is man made and and therefore , religion which is man's personal idea of how to please God.

All the so called benefits of confession to a priest you listed is neither here nor there... You don't break the hold of sin through strategy but by walk with the Joly spirit.

Agqin, I repeat , the one I have offended is the one to hear my apologies and then forgive me ... We all have equal fellowship with God as our Father
Example of sicknes, as listed in Naira land today : https://www.nairaland.com/4090683/benue-woman-marries-18-husbands

Thank you
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2017
I don't know what you mean by tribal association but I'll let you run with it
Themandator:

Sir there no group in the church ...Like st.jude or Paul society , Bible society etc....Only service unit like ushering , sanctuary that cleans the place , Security, etc.....Thee is no tribal association since Jesus didn't start one when he was around.

Our 'normal Church days' are midweek and Sundays ... On Saturday is for home cells ...I Am a teacher at the home cells level , by the way

BCC means Bible certificate course ...It runs for two weeks ...Just like the other courses ......Your version of it is catechism but the difference is that it is not for recital...Who made you ...God me me ...Why did God make you ...God made me to know him , love him and to be happy with him in the world after .......Lcc means leadership certificate course and LDC means leadership diploma course ... Every winner and even Pastors from other churches are encouraged and do come for these schools. The fee is just 1200.

I just did my Lcc after over three years of doing the BCC ..I hope to do the LDC this year.
your structure again is similar to that of redeem. again I doubt your 2 weeks course cover the entire Bible.

again you took the Bible thing personal, even though my statement was fair. your church still doesn't cover genesis to revelation on you normal church days, and if it did it would have to repeat the same the next year. so it is still repetitive.

I see you did respond to my statement on repetition.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 11:17am On Oct 02, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I don't know what you mean by tribal association but I'll let you run with it your structure again is similar to that of redeem. again I doubt your 2 weeks course cover the entire Bible.

again you took the Bible thing personal, even though my statement was fair. your church still doesn't cover genesis to revelation on you normal church days, and if it did it would have to repeat the same the next year. so it is still repetitive.

Tribal association like Igbo Catholic community...I am from Anambra state. Isoko Catholic community ....We used to have meetings under those subheads

We don't cover it on a normal Sunday service.... Sorry if you perceive me to have taken it personal...I have to reply almost same question from different handles ..Make me weary and just want to shoe off the next.

I have not seen this repetitin own because when I open my mention I have new updates ... There was one that ask me about what I meant by in-depth walk and I have been looking for it to answer and can't find it

It is not deliberate that I have avoided making a rejoinder ...We are learning from one another ... Every opportunity I must maximize.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I don't know what you mean by tribal association but I'll let you run with it your structure again is similar to that of redeem. again I doubt your 2 weeks course cover the entire Bible.

The two week is first basic course , then leadership and then diploma course...It divided the Bible into different subject matter like healing, sanctification, word, business Breakthrough and every other issue that confront you as a person ..,even the communion is given dettailed treatment , family curse ....And the teachers are men and women that have had personal experience in the various subject areas they handle

These are the people we called or refer to as elders of the church ...People with result ... They come from different branches of the church becuauthey are mostly pastors within that province
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by irynterri(f): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
A TRUE BELIEVER IS DEAD TO SIN...THE DESIRE TO SIN NO LONGER HOLDS SWAY IN THE LIFE OF A BORN AGAIN BELIEVER...CHECK THAT BROTHER OR SISTER WHO STILL FINDS SIN PLEASURABLE FOR HE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN...
you are 100% right but show me a righteous man who does not still sin at least three times a day mostly by act of not even knowing what you did hurt another
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:22am On Oct 04, 2017
Themandator:

"If you see a believer commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray to God, who will give that person life. This applies to those whose sins do not lead to death. But there is sin which leads to death, and I do not say that you should pray to God about that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which does not lead to death." (1Jn 5:16-17).... Goodnews Bible

"If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that is not a deadly sin, he has only to pray, and God will give life to this brother -- provided that it is not a deadly sin. There is sin that leads to death and I am not saying you must pray about that. Every kind of wickedness is sin, but not all sin leads to death." (1Jn 5:16-17)..... New Jerusalem Bible

I have used these two that are Catholic approved Bible to show that what John was saying had an operational key: SEE. if you see a brother commits a sin that is not into death like you see him insult somebody ...Just pray and ask God for forgiveness on his behalf .... He didn't say the brother will come to you and confess it .. you have to be a witness to his sinning.

I am pretty surprise you seem blind to what is written in ink and paper.

there is a sin that leads to death.

there is a sin that doesn't lead to death.

don't pray if it is a sin that leads to death.

pray if it is a sin that doesn't lead to death.

that should be simple enough for anyone, he has put forth two types of sin and shown how to deal with each.

if you say you can't see what is written in plain ink and doesn't require serious logic, then I am worried to even continue a discussion with you.

there is no benefit in pouring water on stone.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2017
Themandator:

6. "where some people brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a bed. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the paralyzed man, "Courage, my son! [b]Your sins are forgiven.""
(Mat 9:2)

Thank you

Bro., I just can't understand why you are so much against confession, even when you go to confession some times, the priest might even refer to go to the person you wronged to ask for forgiveness. If confession shouldn't be accepted as you are trying to prove, then why did Jesus give His apostles the power to forgive sins in John 20:23
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I am pretty surprise you seem blind to what is written in ink and paper.

there is a sin that leads to death.

there is a sin that doesn't lead to death.

don't pray if it is a sin that leads to death.

pray if it is a sin that doesn't lead to death.

that should be simple enough for anyone, he has put forth two types of sin and shown how to deal with each.

if you say you can't see what is written in plain ink and doesn't require serious logic, then I am worried to even continue a discussion with you.

there is no benefit in pouring water on stone.

Please I am forced to repost my comment that you replied to and then add another rejoinder

Themandator:

New addition: in case you have forgotten the kernel of our discourse , it is on the articular hearing of sins and forgiveness by the Catholic Church Reve father......I never engaged you on kinds of sin .... Whether leading to death or not

You have yet to prove with the scripture that Jesus Christ gave anyone the anointing to hear sins and forgive same, as is practiced by the Catholic Church ..... What Jesus told the disciples he already practiced severally (I believe I have mentioned you with the Bible verses on this) and so there is no debate about how to forgive sin.

"The deeper into humanist teaching a man delves, the more likely he is to try to make Bible interpretation fit a systematic mold of human logic"
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

Bro., I just can't understand why you are so much against confession, even when you go to confession some times, the priest might even refer to go to the person you wronged to ask for forgiveness. If confession shouldn't be accepted as you are trying to prove, then why did Jesus give His apostles the power to forgive sins in John 20:23

The post you replied to gave you the answer to your question ...Jesus never asked anyone to st up a box and listen to people story. He already demonstrated the way and means of forgiving sin and I listed them in the post you replied ... If it is biblical to confess to a third party something you never did to him for him to forgive you then show me and I will practice it ... The one Jesus Christ instructed he practiced
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, A TRUE CHRISTIAN IS ONE WHO HAS THE SPIRIT OF GOD WORKING IN AND THROUGH HIM..A TRUE BELIEVER IS ONE WHO PUT HIS FAITH IN THE ATONED AND FINISH WORK OF CHRIST AND NOT IN HIS RITUALS LIKE FASTING, CONFESSION, PENANCE AND SO ON AND SO FORTH.
I sometimes don't understand who we take God to be. He is the one looking down on us all and watching all our evil deeds. From all your recent posts on this thread, you sent arm l seem to be making the point that a Christian shouldn't even try to ask for forgiveness when he or she sings against God just because Christ has died for us. Even if to say that you were God, how will you bear it that someone will be coming all sorts of evil deeds against you and fellow human beings, day to day, year to year, and that person doesn't even seem to care or ask for forgiveness and the person continues to beg you for all sorts of blessings.

1 Like

Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2017
Themandator:

The post you replied to gave you the answer to your question ...Jesus never asked anyone to st up a box and listen to people story. He already demonstrated the way and means of forgiving sin and I listed them in the post you replied ... If it is biblical to confess to a third party something you never did to him for him to forgive you then show me and I will practice it ... The one Jesus Christ instructed he practiced
First of all, you haven't told me the reason Christ gave his apostles the power to forgive sins. Secondly, it is even in the Bible that it is not everything that Christ did was recorded and supposing that Christ did not do it doesn't make doing it to be wrong. There are so many benefits accrued to going to confession and I have already told you that even the Priest might refer you to go to the person you have wronged.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

First of all, you haven't told me the reason Christ gave his apostles the power to forgive sins. Secondly, it is even in the Bible that it is not everything that Christ did was recorded and supposing that Christ did not do it doesn't make doing it to be wrong. There are so many benefits accrued to going to confession and I have already told you that even the Priest might refer you to go to the person you have wronged.

I have answered this question. Jesus gave the apostles the power to do what he already did for the reason he did it ...Deliverance from satanic oppression as a result of winning against God and being left out if the coverage of the most high

Here

Themandator:

6. "where some people brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a bed. When Jesus saw how much faith they had, he said to the paralyzed man, "Courage, my son! [b]Your sins are forgiven."" (Mat 9:2)

Thank you
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

I sometimes don't understand who we take God to be. He is the one looking down on us all and watching all our evil deeds. From all your recent posts on this thread, you sent arm l seem to be making the point that a Christian shouldn't even try to ask for forgiveness when he or she sings against God just because Christ has died for us. Even if to say that you were God, how will you bear it that someone will be coming all sorts of evil deeds against you and fellow human beings, day to day, year to year, and that person doesn't even seem to care or ask for forgiveness and the person continues to beg you for all sorts of blessings.
. The scripture said Christ was slayed before the foundation of the world, without your consent and mine for our sins... We have forgiveness of sin through his precious blood and not through our begging and asking.

God has blessed us with all blessing that is in Him through his eternal Son Christ Jesus without our consent or asking...God is calling all men to receive all that He has provided..."Christianity is all about receiving and not about asking"
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2017
Themandator:

Please I am forced to repost my comment that you replied to and then add another rejoinder

Themandator:

New addition: in case you have forgotten the kernel of our discourse , it is on the articular hearing of sins and forgiveness by the Catholic Church Reve father......I never engaged you on kinds of sin .... Whether leading to death or not

You have yet to prove with the scripture that Jesus Christ gave anyone the anointing to hear sins and forgive same, as is practiced by the Catholic Church ..... What Jesus told the disciples he already practiced severally (I believe I have mentioned you with the Bible verses on this) and so there is no debate about how to forgive sin.

"The deeper into humanist teaching a man delves, the more likely he is to try to make Bible interpretation fit a systematic mold of human logic"

this is the genesis of that post.

https://www.nairaland.com/4075070/when-why-did-change-church/5#60894849

I wasn't address you I was talking to homeseady who asked about the benefit of the I confess prayer since his priest usually emphasized confessions.

I replied
3. the I confess prayer is a penitential prayer for
the forgiveness of venial sin, mortal sin does get
forgiven in confession. A prayer doesn't replace
a sacrament. so your priest is right and there is
no contradiction .

my reply shows that there are types of sin one mortal and the other I called venial. I told him that one is addressed through the I confess prayer while the other is through confession as his priest said.

you jumped in and ask me to explain the biblical basis for my reply. I promptly reference 1 jn 5 and later explained that it shows two types of sins and told us one is forgiven by intercession and the other isn't. I explained that it shows the basis for my post since the I confess prayer is intercessory.

this line of discussion is actually about the fact that sins are of two types and each type is treated differently, there is another line of discussion about the anointing to forgive sins and I'll address that after this post. so this discussion is the one with homesteady which you jumped into, there is another line about confession.

please follow up so as not to mingle one response with another, it isn't funny showing how each line of discussion originate .
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
Themandator:

I can't be repeating myself on this and I am not defensive in any way ..... Who is an elder ... There is no anointing in title ... Bishop Oyedepo usually says that your title entitles you to nothing in the kingdom but your walk with the holy spirit.

I will have to repost what I have already posted as reply to some person here....

nwokoyepraise:

Thank you

I also told you that I am sure your church will try and interpret it differently from how it was understood for 2000 years of Christianity by all ancient church. of course you guys fail to realise that the Bible was addressing churches that already had these sacrament and practices and was actually repeating what was already done.

you have divorced the scriptures from it natural settings and what you have are the opinions of men who lived 2000yrs after the event and have little knowledge of what they are talking about.

d
that is why every ancient church interpret that passage differently from your 20th century fellowship....
to be continued.
Re: When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? by Themandator: 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
Ubenedictus:

this is the genesis of that post.

https://www.nairaland.com/4075070/when-why-did-change-church/5#60894849

I wasn't address you I was talking to homeseady who asked about the benefit of the I confess prayer since his priest usually emphasized confessions.

I replied
3. the I confess prayer is a penitential prayer for
the forgiveness of venial sin, mortal sin does get
forgiven in confession. A prayer doesn't replace
a sacrament. so your priest is right and there is
no contradiction .

my reply shows that there are types of sin one mortal and the other I called venial. I told him that one is addressed through the I confess prayer while the other is through confession as his priest said.

you jumped in and ask me to explain the biblical basis for my reply. I promptly reference 1 jn 5 and later explained that it shows two types of sins and told us one is forgiven by intercession and the other isn't. I explained that it shows the basis for my post since the I confess prayer is intercessory.

this line of discussion is actually about the fact that sins are of two types and each type is treated differently, there is another line of discussion about the anointing to forgive sins and I'll address that after this post. so this discussion is the one with homesteady which you jumped into, there is another line about confession.

please follow up so as not to mingle one response with another, it isn't funny showing how each line of discussion originate .

Now I understand you. Since you are interested in discussing kinds of sin , let me know how the other sin is cleaned or removed from a person because the scripture you cited didn't mention any means of removing it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / RCCG 70th Annual Convention; Perfect Jubilee, August 8-14, 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 246
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.