Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,542 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? (11133 Views)

Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? / Global Prophet Opens Another Inter-denominational Parish In Ikeja / Gboko City 3 Days Inter-denominational Independence Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 8:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Was PASTOR Chris truly called by God? Well that is another school of thought!

Look don't misunderstand me! There is a difference between those that knows Christ and those calling Christ, Christ!

God speaks to those who are truly close to him irrespective of position and power.

But God speaks! Look at Abraham, Jacob, David, solomon, Joseph...

Even Prophet Hosea was asked to marry a prostitute Hosea 1:2

As a Christian you will be able to discern between these people (fake/real)

After all all you need is His Grace.

I get you. But all I'm saying is that everyone is responsible for deciding whom to choose as a life partner, and I want you to know that some things are taken into consideration aside spiritual compatibility that are also prerequisite for selection.

Do you know that there are many anointed men of God today that got married to women that are giving them problems? Or would you say they were not ordained by God?

So, don't think that knowing Christ will guarantee you a happy marriage, after all, there are chronic unbelievers out there who understand themselves and enjoy their marriages more than many notable men of God of today

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 8:36am On Sep 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
The most confused religion is christianity . most times dey dont want to lose your membership/tithe. Woe unto any pastors/church wey no go allow me marry my choice
Una "atheist" wan hijack this thread ba? cheesy
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2017
niyi20:

You are right dear .I attend RCCG too but have seen a female friend who attends deeper life trying to get married to a Redeem brother it wasn't easy at all....
Most pastor now see church as a competition while they have forgotten the sole aim of CHURCH
I still don't know why they make strict rules against men who want to marry their members " especially ladies"
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 24, 2017
Zoken:
Love is suppose to be the watchword of Christians irrespective of denomination, but this very bedrock of Christianity has been sacrificed on the alter of doctrines. Why should a Church delay the wedding of a lady from February till now and are yet to say anything about it just because the guy is from another church? And people around her keep getting married every now and then. How is she suppose to feel?
To be specific, my frd is a Deeper Life Church member and her guy a RCCG member. DLC has refused for the wedding arrangement to progress jst because the guy is not their church member, even when all other things including their genotype is perfectly fine (both are AA) . I think it's high time Christians started seeing themselves as one, put aside unnecessary rivalry and promote love.
Unfortunately, many ladies across the country are in similar conditions. Our religious leaders should please, abeg, biko, yiankuri, ejoor help put an end to this.
Wetin person no go see self in the course of marriage?
Which tribe? which state? which LGA? which religion? which profession?.... Now which denomination? Very soon it will be which Bible?
We need to stop this.

Christianity is the most divisive religion on earth.

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Evestar200(f): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2017
splendid2:
It's as easy as ABCD in catholic church. I mean d worshippers are so much dt no body notices when u are getting married except ur friends, the Rev fr only notice u r getting married when u come for CYON clearance (if u r getting married to a catholic) unless u r close to him
Lies from the pit of hell.

My cousin sister did her wedding in her husband church all because her Catholic Church told her that her husband is not from Catholic and before the wedding is going to take place in Catholic her husband must agree to worship and be a Catholic member.

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Afamed: 8:50am On Sep 24, 2017
This should be the real issues/ concerns the CAN supposes to be addressing not the non existing of Islamisation of Nigeria
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
Una "atheist" wan hijack this thread ba? cheesy
no sir. Be e dey pain me. Naso my padi 4 yr relationship scatter o. D babe mama go meet olusho sad grin
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 8:51am On Sep 24, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Some of your stories are false, misleading or fishy. Many things don't just add up. I also attend RCCG but my parents and siblings (most of whom are now married in that church now) still attend Deeperlife.
Deeperlife has the strictest and most formal marriage process in any church in Nigeria. They introduced medical tests before other churches recently started following suit.
There are other formalities in Deeperlife wedding, that includes at least six months mandatory courtship during which couples are expected to maintain strict decorum. Precisely, you shouldn't "sample" each other, not even inappropriate touching. Also, you're expected to report periodically to a marriage committee who will advise and guide you throughout the courtship.
Ask your friend if he has complied accordingly. I'm certain DLBC marry out their daughters to other churches. But you have to do it as they do it. If he has played by the rules, there's nothing stopping him from asking the church why he's being delayed. This is why I said your post is fishy.
My brother, abeg leave matter for LAWMA

No matter how defensive you can be, it doesn't change the fact that some churches do not want their members to marry from other churches and Deer Life seems to be taking the lead

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Afamed: 8:53am On Sep 24, 2017
YesNoMaybe:
God recognizes, witnesses, accepts and blesses EVERY marriage union as binding so long as the two families AGREE on a covenant.

The church, the court, the shrine or mosque are MERELY middle men. No wonder He is called 'The covenant-keeping God'.

Do not be deceived!!!
Well said.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by delpee(f): 8:59am On Sep 24, 2017
They should go for their Traditional Wedding and then to the Marriage Registry to legalize it. The marriage will be blessed in any Church that accepts them.

No big deal really except the woman wants to remain single to please Pastor who is married already. Shine your eyes. Read the Bible and understand the principles of life. If the story is true, the Pastor certainly doesn't love his neighbour as himself as God decreed.

She could also seek the face of God on her own for an answer if she knows how to connect spiritually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Andy2274: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:
I attend RCCG and I've never heard of stuffs like this, but i've seen it happen in mfm, jeovah witness, deeper life and catholic too. I don't know why discrimination is present amongst Christians..For crying out loud we serve the same God, Some would now give the groom difficult things to do in a bid to frustrate him. Also, when female members get married the church feels like it's a disadvantage to them.cause they're actually taking the bride away from their church to another one..It becomes an addition to the grooms church.. I don't even know why people go about doing church wedding
. I think you should base your argument on facts and not bias. I am a catholic and the church cannot delay your marriage simply because you are not a catholic. There is what we call mixed marriage in catholic church. My elder sister is a catholic and her husband attend redeem. They did their wedding. My sister still attend Catholic till date and her husband attend his Redeem church. I witness a muslim man marry a Catholic. They wedded in the church but because the Muslim man cannot enter the church he sent his christian friend who is not also a catholic to represent him while he stay inside the car outside the church. Ahmed Musa new wife is she not a catholic? Speak of what you know and don't put sentiment in everything. Thank you.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2017
Andy2274:
. I think you should base your argument on facts and not bias. I am a catholic and the church cannot delay your marriage simply because you are not a catholic. There is what we call mixed marriage in catholic church. My elder sister is a catholic and her husband attend redeem. They did their wedding. My sister still attend Catholic till date and her husband attend his Redeem church. I witness a muslim man marry a Catholic. They wedded in the church but because the Muslim man cannot enter the church he sent his christian friend who is not also a catholic to represent him while he stay inside the car outside the church. Ahmed Musa new wife is she not a catholic? Speak of what you know and don't put sentiment in everything. Thank you.

I'm sorry u feel.that way dear..Im entitled to my opinion okay?Even if Ahmed must wanted to do his wedding in The redemption camp it'll hold cause he's got the money and fame too

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tyson98: 9:34am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:

I'm sorry u feel.that way dear..Im entitled to my opinion okay?Even if Ahmed must wanted to do his wedding in The redemption camp it'll hold cause he's got the money and fame too
Iwo omo yi o ni agidi sha,wa fe mi naa o rewa lobinrin
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 24, 2017
tyson98:

Iwo omo yi o ni agidi sha,wa fe mi naa o rewa lobinrin

Mi o le so yoruba dada..A ni agidi ni ile wa..oshey
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tyson98: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:

Mi o le so yoruba dada..A ni agidi ni ile wa..oshey
MO tin shor e ti pe je ki emi ati iwo mo ra Dada now se ka soro Lori whatsapp ni ? Mo ma Nwa si ibadan daada
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2017
tyson98:

MO tin shor e ti pe je ki emi ati iwo mo ra Dada now se ka soro Lori whatsapp ni ? Mo ma Nwa si ibadan daada

Lol..ko need jare..
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tyson98: 9:56am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:

Lol..ko need jare..
Ma se be nw Jor o rewa just kin gboju lo
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Andy2274: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2017
Evestar200:
Lies from the pit of hell.

My cousin sister did her wedding in her husband church all because her Catholic Church told her that her husband is not from Catholic and before the wedding is going to take place in Catholic her husband must agree to worship and be a Catholic member.
. you are the greatest liar here. No catholic Church or catholic priest will tell you that. Is either you or that your sister is telling lie. There is what we call mixed marriage in catholic church. We are Catholic in my family. My elder sister marry a Redeem guy and they did their wedding in catholic church. St Aphonsus Catholic Church Akute in Ogun state. My sister still attend Catholic and her husband still attend Redeem. My younger sis is married to MFM man and they have blessed their marriage in catholic Church. Her husband attend MFM while my sister attend her catholic.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by emperormossad(m): 10:32am On Sep 24, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Sometimes the PASTOR might have seen somethings that might go wrong in the marriage

But sometimes it's better you let them make their mistakes so that they can learn from it and together mould it.

After all there is no one with a perfect union.
My dear, no pastor sees anything. No pastor has the prerogative to 'see' anything in anyone's relationship. That is not his calling. If he doesn't want to give his blessings, he should state so or remain silent otherwise. He cannot see what his own fate will be tomorrow but he can see something in another person's life. God is not an author of confusion.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Funny enough there's no church in heaven. However there are some reasons why some of these churches don't allow marriage outside their church. They include
1. The fear of loosing members to another church
2.To be able to resolve conflict easily if members marry from within
3.Members might be polluted to strange doctrines.
These points have no scriptural backing as the church is one and Jesus the head of the church.
If I see the person I love, I don't think any pastor can poison my mind from marrying her on the ground of denomination
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by emperormossad(m): 10:36am On Sep 24, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Some of your stories are false, misleading or fishy. Many things don't just add up. I also attend RCCG but my parents and siblings (most of whom are now married in that church now) still attend Deeperlife.
Deeperlife has the strictest and most formal marriage process in any church in Nigeria. They introduced medical tests before other churches recently started following suit.
There are other formalities in Deeperlife wedding, that includes at least six months mandatory courtship during which couples are expected to maintain strict decorum. Precisely, you shouldn't "sample" each other, not even inappropriate touching. Also, you're expected to report periodically to a marriage committee who will advise and guide you throughout the courtship.
Ask your friend if he has complied accordingly. I'm certain DLBC marry out their daughters to other churches. But you have to do it as they do it. If he has played by the rules, there's nothing stopping him from asking the church why he's being delayed. This is why I said your post is fishy.
So there are 'rules' for someone to 'play' by before he/she gets married? Who enacted those rules? I attend the same church but I must admit that these customs are not just archaic but retrogressive. Has the rules stopped them from having unhappy marriages? For a certainty I know they have quite a number of them, and they're too ashamed to talk about it for fear of the unknown. All these rules are hogwash.

2 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Reader1988: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2017
In my church at Yobe State. We are Orthodox and we do invite Pastors from Pentecostal. eg Reedeem, Deeper to preach on Sundays. When Muslims asked Deeper Life to leave their place, we gave them portion of land. Whenever deeper life is having a Retreat, we do give them our Children's Sunday school classes for accommodation. In fact, Christians in the north see every believer as a brother as Salvation in Christ can only take u to heaven with Galatians 5:22-23.

4 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by BadBlaize(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2017
Any day I find wife I wan marry, anybody wey try to delay me just cus of church denomination.

I go go juju DAT person no go see next day..

Denomination kill them there.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by paulynpen(m): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:
I attend RCCG and I've never heard of stuffs like this, but i've seen it happen in mfm, jeovah witness, deeper life and catholic too. I don't know why discrimination is present amongst Christians..For crying out loud we serve the same God, Some would now give the groom difficult things to do in a bid to frustrate him. Also, when female members get married the church feels like it's a disadvantage to them.cause they're actually taking the bride away from their church to another one..It becomes an addition to the grooms church.. I don't even know why people go about doing church wedding
I don't know about other churches but for Catholic you are wrong. Even if you want to wed an idol worshiper the catholic church will wed you quote me anywhere. It all depend on the couple. If the DLC is refusing your wedding then do it in your husband's church and carry on with your life
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by paulynpen(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2017
Andy2274:
. you are the greatest liar here. No catholic Church or catholic priest will tell you that. Is either you or that your sister is telling lie. There is what we call mixed marriage in catholic church. We are Catholic in my family. My elder sister marry a Redeem guy and they did their wedding in catholic church. St Aphonsus Catholic Church Akute in Ogun state. My sister still attend Catholic and her husband still attend Redeem. My younger sis is married to MFM man and they have blessed their marriage in catholic Church. Her husband attend MFM while my sister attend her catholic.
You are very correct. I am a Catholic married to a Catholic you must attend training for about 14 Weeks had medical screening, then the banns will be announced in all the churches you have ever attended for about 3 weeks before you are wedded. If your spouse is a Muslim you can wed in the Catholic church. If you are marrying an idol worshipper you can wed also but there are exceptions to this. If you are a non Catholic you must agree to allow your wife to continue in Catholic and raise your children in the church, this is only if you want the wedding to be held in the Catholic church otherwise you can hold the wedding in another church and the priest will even be there

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Evestar200(f): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2017
Andy2274:
you are saying what you know.
You cant tell me what that my aunt a CWO member is liar and all my cousins are liars even the ones that are going to Father's school are liars.
You can't be in ondo and know what other priest in other states parish are doing.

What I said did not only happen to my sister, is a common thing in Delta parish.

Have see someone who died at the age of 35 without getting married because her mother refused her suitors because they are not from Catholic.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by austinfan4love(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2017
Dis topic rily is an issue that needs to be addressed,,coz I myself am facing the same issue rite now,,met a lady,we fell in love and decided to get married only for the family to say no,,why coz am not a jehovah's witness,,out of love I decided to become one coz so long we are all Christians, we serve the same God,they still insisted that I was not a real jehovah's witness and decide not to endorse the union,,they even refused a meeting wit me and my family so I wonder is this a cult or a church,,point is they are not concerned about our love and other good things about us,,this is rily bad,,my wish is that Christians go back to the bible and do what is actually written there,,not add or subtract from the teaching therein,,

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by GlobalGisting(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
The Jehovah's witnesses I guess are the only organization with doctrines so different from others so I wouldn't mind their resolution against interfaith. But I can't understand why other churches oppose it, I am sure the pastors are afraid of losing tithes and offerings. Choi

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Luckygurl(f): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Zoken:
Love is suppose to be the watchword of Christians irrespective of denomination, but this very bedrock of Christianity has been sacrificed on the alter of doctrines. Why should a Church delay the wedding of a lady from February till now and are yet to say anything about it just because the guy is from another church? And people around her keep getting married every now and then. How is she suppose to feel?
To be specific, my frd is a Deeper Life Church member and her guy a RCCG member. DLC has refused for the wedding arrangement to progress jst because the guy is not their church member, even when all other things including their genotype is perfectly fine (both are AA) . I think it's high time Christians started seeing themselves as one, put aside unnecessary rivalry and promote love.
Unfortunately, many ladies across the country are in similar conditions. Our religious leaders should please, abeg, biko, yiankuri, ejoor help put an end to this.
Wetin person no go see self in the course of marriage?
Which tribe? which state? which LGA? which religion? which profession?.... Now which denomination? Very soon it will be which Bible?
We need to stop this.

I'm a deeper lifer and truth is I don't doubt your story.
However, there could be something your friend and the fiancee ain't doing right.
Has your friend who's a deeper lifer gotten the consent of her parents. That's where the major problem is, deeper life parents find it hard to consent to marriages outside the church. It's always a tug of war initially and if care is not taken, the marriage might not hold based on this reason alone. Once they have parental approval, the church has no other option than to wed them. As long as they stick to those stringent rules governing marriage processes in deeper life.

I don't think the fiancee been a non deeper lifer is the only reason for their refusal to perform the marriage rites. Maybe some of the rules they were given din't go down well with them and they can't seem to adhere to it hence the delay.
On the flip side, it could be church politics in play. A situation where they don't want her to get married to that particular man but at the same time, they're sending some other suitors of their choice to propose. My elder sister experienced this first hand and it happens.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by DJperdurabo: 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:

I tire!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biblical Inerrancy / How Do I Receive The Holy Spirit? / Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.